HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

THN confirms having a shootout is a "done deal" when the NHL returns

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2005, 08:22 PM
txomisc

vCash: 500
im pretty undecided but i think it could help the sport in a way
for instance if I were an nhl GM building a team and overtime shootout was in that 5'8" puck wizard who is on my team. All those little guys who get pounded in the corner would be dressed because they would be dynamite in shootouts. If it played out this way I actually think this could help open up the regular play of the game. Those little guys will good loose more often and score some amazing goals....those little guys will get run over big guys and that will lead to goals..unforunately i am not sure if any nhl gms would try this strategy

Old
01-01-2005, 10:23 PM
Go Flames Go*

vCash: 500
Wow so teams with skilled players will trap entire games, and then play for a shoot out win, makes it that much better. Get rid of the red line, crack down on obstruction, do not bring in no touch icing, make goalie equipment smaller, and create the competition comittie. NHL is going to turn into a gimmick, soon Harvey the Hound will be in net for shootouts.

Closed Thread