HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Next young goalie stud under 25ish???

Old
05-07-2012, 08:26 AM
sharks9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMoney View Post
No i actually would not like to hace the Habs position, all those prospects are marginal at best. Leafs are ranked 8th and montreal 24th in prospects so... And injuries are no excuse, only for a weak team maybe...whats gomez excuse? If its true what u say that they had a bad year because of injuries why did they fire the coach? Mtl just got a new gm and theyre trying hard to get the leafs director of player personnel...
Marginal at best? All the guys he named made the WJC for either Canada or USA, not to mention Beaulieu and Gallagher are ranked as top 50 prospects in the league. As for the rankings, they were made in October, things change, trades are made. I guarantee Montreal will be higher in the next rankings.

How are injuries not an excuse? When you don't have your best defenseman for 60+ games and your leading scorer and captain for 40+ games, it's going to hurt your team. Not to mention various injuries to other key players throughout the year. Gomez just sucks. Because the coach wasn't very good either. Yea and those guys will have us back in the playoffs next year.

I don't even know why I'm arguing with a fan of the least successful franchise in the NHL right now.

sharks9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 08:34 AM
HagelHarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosecrosby View Post
#1 has to be Markstrom. Hes slightly bigger than Rinne and has the agility of a guy like Fleury. Once he tightens up his game its going to be scary. I also like Lack, Lindback, and Lehner

Them Swedish goalies will take over the world.

HagelHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 08:45 AM
squidz*

Looks like only one person mentioned the guy right behind Hackett in Minnesota: Kuemper. After a shaky start to the year, Kuemper has seemingly established himself in Houston, and will be a constant challenger to Hackett until one of them graduates up to the big club.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Kiss My Rask
Enforce Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
In the future people will tell tales about and build monuments in honour to the Schneider - Läck tandem which dominated the league for more than a a decade. Yes I am a wizard.
let me get the winning numbers of the next mega millions drawing?

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 09:22 AM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Looks like only one person mentioned the guy right behind Hackett in Minnesota: Kuemper. After a shaky start to the year, Kuemper has seemingly established himself in Houston, and will be a constant challenger to Hackett until one of them graduates up to the big club.
How did Kuemper have a shaky start to the year? He started in the ECHL and was so dominant the team had to send Dennis Endras back to Europe to make room for him in the AHL.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 03:00 PM
squidz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
How did Kuemper have a shaky start to the year? He started in the ECHL and was so dominant the team had to send Dennis Endras back to Europe to make room for him in the AHL.
That's not even close to what happened. Endras was originally signed under the assumption he'd be playing in the NHL. When that didn't happen, he was loaned to HIFK (which happens to be partially owned by current Wild netminder Backstrom, and is the team star prospect (and Finnish Baby Jesus) Mikael Granlund plays for). Once Kuemper arrived in Houston, he struggled a bit to catch up to the game. He was winning, but his GAA was not good. Once he got settled, his stats improved, but despite the wins he wasn't doing that great until later in the season.

Old
05-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Billy Mays Here*
#Yeolo'd Too Hard

vCash: 827
Quote:
That's not even close to what happened. Endras was originally signed under the assumption he'd be playing in the NHL. When that didn't happen, he was loaned to HIFK (which happens to be partially owned by current Wild netminder Backstrom, and is the team star prospect (and Finnish Baby Jesus) Mikael Granlund plays for). Once Kuemper arrived in Houston, he struggled a bit to catch up to the game. He was winning, but his GAA was not good. Once he got settled, his stats improved, but despite the wins he wasn't doing that great until later in the season.
Another reason why Granlund has no choice but to sign with the Wild.

Billy Mays Here* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 05:08 PM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
How is it not what happened? Endras was signed 2 years ago, prior to anyone having any idea what Hackett and Kuemper would bring to the table in the AHL or NHL. They brought him over this season to play in the AHL and be goaltending depth, Harding was already signed for this season. Rather than have three goalies in the AHL they send Kuemper to the ECHL were he dominated to the point that they sent him back to Europe. You can say loaned, and the team connections are obvious but its the same thing. They sent him back because they wanted to promote Kuemper.

Also please feel free to check out Kuemper's month by month stats, because while he did struggle in the first two games(hardly a sample size at all) his first month was by far his best posting a 1.72 GAA and a .942 Save percentage. It dropped considerably every month after, so it is the exact opposite of the narrative posted earlier. He started out hot than slumped as the season wore on.

Kuemper's Stats

Old
05-07-2012, 07:55 PM
squidz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
How is it not what happened? Endras was signed 2 years ago, prior to anyone having any idea what Hackett and Kuemper would bring to the table in the AHL or NHL. They brought him over this season to play in the AHL and be goaltending depth, Harding was already signed for this season. Rather than have three goalies in the AHL they send Kuemper to the ECHL were he dominated to the point that they sent him back to Europe. You can say loaned, and the team connections are obvious but its the same thing. They sent him back because they wanted to promote Kuemper.
stewie.jpg

You have to be seriously off your rocker to try argue that Endras was signed to play in the AHL. He was signed when the Wild had only 1 NHL goalie under contract, and brought in from overseas. No established European goaltender comes to North America to play in the AHL. The unexpected re-signing of Harding and weak showing in camp forced him down to Houston.

Having Kuemper scheduled to only play minor spot duty in the AHL wasn't a "promotion." He never came close to beating out Hackett for the starting role, and the team (all things being the same) mentioned their preference for Kuemper getting the playing time in the ECHL. There's absolutely no sane way to try argue Kuemper "dominated the ECHL so much he forced Endras back to Europe."

Old
05-07-2012, 08:50 PM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
stewie.jpg

You have to be seriously off your rocker to try argue that Endras was signed to play in the AHL. He was signed when the Wild had only 1 NHL goalie under contract, and brought in from overseas. No established European goaltender comes to North America to play in the AHL. The unexpected re-signing of Harding and weak showing in camp forced him down to Houston.

Having Kuemper scheduled to only play minor spot duty in the AHL wasn't a "promotion." He never came close to beating out Hackett for the starting role, and the team (all things being the same) mentioned their preference for Kuemper getting the playing time in the ECHL. There's absolutely no sane way to try argue Kuemper "dominated the ECHL so much he forced Endras back to Europe."
What part of Endras originally signing with the Wild before the 2010 season(two full seasons ago before Hackett or Kuemper ever set foot in the AHL) is confusing you. Not to mention he resigned(as he was an RFA) in March 2011. Your telling me the Wild signed their plan for back up goaltender in 2011-2012 before the 2010-2011 season was over, and free agency started? Unlikely. He wasn't signed just this season to play behind Backstrom. He was signed a while ago as another goaltender with promise. And goalies that fail to get drafted or are slightly older are not going to get an NHL job off of Solid international play and DEL league play, they will have to work there way up just like everyone else(Backstrom for example signed to play in the AHL after winning back to back championships in the SM-Liiga, but a Harding injury offered him the chance that he never let go of). He was signed as goalie depth and an interesting goal tender prospect, but between Kuemper and Hackett he was passed up in potential and getting Hackett better competition was the goal(not even to mention Gustavsson). The Wild needed to find out what they had in their prospects, and loaned Endras to HIFK to get Kuemper up as he was killing the ECHL to a toon of 1.75 GAA and .941 Save percentage. Your only argument seems to be that he was signed to play in the NHL(which I just disproved because they signed him two years ago) what else you got?

Old
05-08-2012, 06:25 PM
MoeMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Marginal at best? All the guys he named made the WJC for either Canada or USA, not to mention Beaulieu and Gallagher are ranked as top 50 prospects in the league. As for the rankings, they were made in October, things change, trades are made. I guarantee Montreal will be higher in the next rankings.

How are injuries not an excuse? When you don't have your best defenseman for 60+ games and your leading scorer and captain for 40+ games, it's going to hurt your team. Not to mention various injuries to other key players throughout the year. Gomez just sucks. Because the coach wasn't very good either. Yea and those guys will have us back in the playoffs next year.

I don't even know why I'm arguing with a fan of the least successful franchise in the NHL right now.
If the Leafs who finished ahead of your team and have a farm system ranked 16 spots ahead of you are the least successfull franchise right now, then where the heck does that leave the Habs? LOL. We're doing so poorly that your crying for the assistant GM of the Leafs right now in Montreal, again LOL.

MoeMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Torts
Dont Doubt the Trout

I know he's much younger than 25 but i finally think Canada has found their next stud tendy

Malcolm Subban. should be 1st round pick in June and should the starter of the Canada junior team next year.

I like every aspect of his game and is only going to get better with age.

Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
I know he's much younger than 25 but i finally think Canada has found their next stud tendy

Malcolm Subban. should be 1st round pick in June and should the starter of the Canada junior team next year.

Agree with this. Subban should definitely be the starter for the WJs next year.

2287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Bibeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelace16 View Post
Agree with this. Subban should definitely be the starter for the WJs next year.
What about Fucale? ^^

Bibeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:44 PM
SR

Mark Visentin

SR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Flames1217

Leland Irving looks like he will be a starter one day. Has great composure in net and is very aggressive. Much like Kipprusof actually.

Flames1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 01:33 AM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

Niko Hovinen could be a starter for Flyers once Bryz gets buried in the KHL. 24 y/o top goalie in finnish league coached by the same guy who literally made Antti Niemi.

Foxlockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 02:53 AM
CatOTails

Pavelec, Holtby, Varlamov, Rask, Schneider (even though he's 26)

CatOTails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:55 AM
czechdel

Petr Mrazek (20 years old). Jakub Kovar is good (will be 24 this July), Ondrej Pavelec (currently 24), hmm.

Last edited by czechdel: 05-18-2012 at 02:12 AM.
czechdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:25 AM
franfrey*

Tyler bunz!!!!

franfrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:51 AM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post

Agree he'll probably be the starter for Canada at WJC, or that he'll be picked 1st round (shouldn't, but some team will)...but i don't see 'stud goalie' in this future. At best he'll be a #1

The future in net seems to be overseas in terms of potential elite tenders (Markstrom, Rask, maybe Dansk...)

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Jwm1986

Jonathan Bernier will be a #1 goalie in this league very soon. He's got all the talent in the world and i still believe that he will be top 10 one day.... Unfortunately, it wont be with the Kings....

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:52 PM
jughead42*

Not sure if he was mentioned here or not, but the guy I'd keep my eye on is Matt Hackett for the Minnesota Wild. I think this kid is the real deal. He's got NHL bloodlines, he's Jeff Hackett's nephew so he grew up having some idea how an NHL goalie operates. In junior he was that frustrating goalie who you just couldn't beat, (his save percentage is always gaudy) opponents would be intimidated to shoot sometimes because they'd feel it had to be a perfect play to beat him. He's a battler, he's quick, and one of the most impressive goalie's I've seen in the OHL. In 12 NHL games as a rookie he had a .921 save percentage. He looks to me like a kid who's got "it". He could be better than his uncle when the dust settles. I know it's early in his pro career, but he truly impressed me as a junior and hasn't done anything but impress as a pro so far. He's my pick.

jughead42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:00 PM
shadow1

I think Matt Hackett will be a good one. He's not flashy but shows a lot of poise and composure in his game.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Lehner vs Hackett was nice to see last year in Bingo. Lehner was incredible

Didn't bother checking, but Eddie lack looks.decent, although I doubt he'll ever get a chNce to be a starter. He's my "guy no ones ever heard of" pick. Lol

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote