HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF Game 4: Rangers @ Caps. 12:30pm. VC. 5.5.2012 (Ninja Murphy Ringleader thread)

Old
05-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

vCash: 500
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...medium=twitter

no hearing for ovie

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 06:37 PM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Falcon View Post
and Coyote fans...FREE RAFFI!

We're just looking for consistency from the league, and not finding it.
People comparing this to the Torres hit are humiliating themselves and demontrating a total lack of understand of...everything.

There are a few exceptions where the league has blown it (looking at you, James Neal), but you can generally categorize hits by asking and answering two questions:

(1) Was it a reaction play or was it targeted? A player is always responsible for his actions, but predatory plays get handled FAR more harshly. Hammer someone behind the play? You're in dangerous territory. Line someone up from 20 feet away and deliver an illegal hit? Your chances of suspension go way up.

(2) Did the hit cause a significant injury?

If the answer to one of these is yes, there's a good chance you get suspended. If the answer to BOTH is yes, you're looking at a 3+ game suspension. If the the answer is "no" to both, you will be hard pressed to find any examples of suspensions.

There is a lot of boring debate about whether Ovechkin's PPC was the head or shoulder of Girardi, or if his foot was still on the ground vs. off by an inch. That's really secondary stuff. Fact is, the answer to both of the above quesitons is "no" on the Ovechkin plan.

As for Torres, he maxed out both categories.

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 06:49 PM
alcoraces

Never mind that Girardi braced for the hit while Ovechkin was still looking down at the puck. Nothing to see here, move on to Monday.

alcoraces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 07:12 PM
butters8814

rag fans are the biggest cry babies i have ever seen, worse then the bruins.

butters8814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Stewie G
Because Hitting!

Luckily he didn't go down like he was shot and stay down like Campbell did. I'd hate to see the uproar if that had happened.

Stewie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 07:45 PM
TRASHCAT

Giradi is claiming Ovy hit him in the head first. What a liar.

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 08:17 PM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LENINCAT View Post
Giradi is claiming Ovy hit him in the head first. What a liar.
Prior to seeing a replay, I doubt he really knew for sure one way or the other. He's just lobbying for a suspension. Can't really blame him for that.

Old
05-05-2012, 08:23 PM
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest

vCash: 5585
Just a quick shout out to Nick with the play of the game, sitting Artem on his arse proper and then beating Lundy upstairs.

Honorable mention "S turns" Sarge 9BS.....but somehow -2

The way he and Wideman both screwed up 2 times on one play is quite remarkable. A new low. So ashamed. /animal house reference

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 08:32 PM
tycoonheart

How awesome was the passing in this game.

And John Carlson. Just beastly. Shoving people around. Playing with an edge.

tycoonheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 08:37 PM
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest

vCash: 5585
PP looked like some new plays had been added. I wanted to see Semin get Ovi's one timer spot. I did see plays for Ovi at RW. I was thrilled to assume Dale too saw what we all saw, Ovi missing badly on far too many one timers on his off wing. Nice adjustment. Lundy got there, but it was a high percentage play. Can't flub that one.

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 08:38 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
As I posted earlier in this thread, he is growing into a grizzled NHL playoff veteran before our eyes. Very cool to witness, and very excited about the future for that kid.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
How awesome was the passing in this game.

He reminds me of Chris Pronger out there. Franchise D potential.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

27 and 74 have been amazing out there. When you think how young they are, sure is nice to have them on our team.

and lets not get ahead of ourselfs calling carlson pronger. I have never seen a mean streak in JC anywhere close to prongers. Still kindof funny some posters are still mad at GMGM for not trading one of them for pronger.

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:25 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
How on Earth can someone BE bias? What?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bias

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
27 and 74 have been amazing out there. When you think how young they are, sure is nice to have them on our team.

and lets not get ahead of ourselfs calling carlson pronger. I have never seen a mean streak in JC anywhere close to prongers. Still kindof funny some posters are still mad at GMGM for not trading one of them for pronger.
I said he reminded my of Pronger, not that he was the "Next Pronger" or something like that.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 09:50 PM
CapsWolverinesUSA

It's weird how both Carlson and Drew Doughty had these less-than-stellar regular seasons but have suddenly leaped back onto their development curve in the playoffs.

Old
05-05-2012, 09:56 PM
ForzaItalia

Just saw a stat that Holtby is 5-0 after a playoff loss this season along with a 1.29 GAA and .959 SV%.

ForzaItalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:12 PM
artilector

Backstrom counter-hit followed by goal = pure awesome.

Schultz + Wideman on ice again for all the goals against =

I mean I can understand a coach getting tunnel vision with his favorite players like Wideman, but GMGM must see that these guys aren't cutting it...?

Great for Caps to show resiliency and even the series. What's next -- I don't think anybody knows, fun to watch!

artilector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:15 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Ovechkin was penalized for being a bigger, stronger man. Girardi came in low and took the worst of it. Ovechkin was trying to avoid getting hit.

Caps in 6!
Yes, yes, and yes.

troyerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:17 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by artilector View Post
Backstrom counter-hit followed by goal = pure awesome.
That was my favorite moment of the game. Especially with Anisimov literally landing on his a$$. Milbury loved it, too. It reminded me of Hendy trucking McDonagh and then making the sweet dish to Brouwer which should have ended Game 3. The full package in a single sequence -- hitting and playmaking.

Old
05-05-2012, 10:19 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcoraces View Post
sweet screen grab. that does appear to settle it. and early reports are that the league sees it the same way.

holy crap do i want the Caps to go steal one in MSG. i want it so bad, it's gonna be hard to wait till Monday night.

this beats last year's playoffs by a country mile.

Old
05-05-2012, 10:21 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Win fellas. Nicky and Greenie amongst others will put puck behind HL.
likely already pointed out, but ... this dude nailed it. good call.

Old
05-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Marshall
Hi beat writers!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcoraces View Post

Never mind that Girardi braced for the hit while Ovechkin was still looking down at the puck. Nothing to see here, move on to Monday.
That's pretty much it, right there.

Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 11:51 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
I have pause whenever I see #19 and #10 on the ice.
Richards, Gaborik, and Kreider all worry me. Today fortunately Kreider came back to earth. Bad giveaway on 1st goal, and then a second late (and dropping his stick) as backstrom potted the 2nd goal.

A guy who seemed to be at the center of every key play today, both good and bad, was Anisimov. Scored the first, made the dish on the 2nd, and then got knocked on his a$$ right b4 the Caps' 2nd.