HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We NEED To Win This Series

Old
05-07-2012, 01:15 AM
rangers5000

vCash: 500
We NEED To Win This Series

I want to list reasons why this series is so important to the rangers, more so than any other since 1994, WE NEED THIS SERIES

-unlike the last 5 years this team is a legit contendor, with pens/bruins both gone this team if they show up has a real shot at coming out of the east

-they need to get over the 2 big humps, beating the caps and breaking by the 2nd round, if they lose it will be no progress from last year and henrik and freinds will have another year of trying to prove themselves

-with the devils win tonight there is a great chance it would be rangers/devils, this would finally five the rangers real spotlight, and set up 2 rivals (out number 1 rival since 94), and we always play the devils great

i wanted devils/rangers east final for years, not only because we match up well, but it would be our greatest rival since 94, iv been wanting this match up for years in the finals

imo it doesn't get any better than facing your rival in the finals who we match up well

it would be devasting to lose to the caps, knowing we could of faced the devils and what could of been, especially this year when i believe we have a better team than both

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:20 AM
DontStaal

devils haven't won yet. but yes, it would be great playing them... or the Flyers really.

I'm not looking that far ahead right now, want to take care of these Caps first.

And I think we are better than both. Just have to play like it!

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:24 AM
Machinehead
Hanta Yo

I have one reason, and only one reason.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:30 AM
rangers5000

my point was this series is different the any of the last 7 years, they have a legit team, they need to finally get over that hump

even if they lose the next series atleast they got back to round 3, and it would be a great series, of course i would want to win, but losing in round 3 atleast would be a huge step forward and would give us real spotlight

we lose round 2 its the same story stuck in the mud
media would have a field day "caps have our number" or
"number 1 seed fails to the great ovy"

this simply would be devasting

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:32 AM
Machinehead
Hanta Yo

We can't lose to the same team 3 times in 4 years. That's humiliating and it can't be allowed to happen.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 04:14 AM
KenGuru

Trust me, it will be Kings vs Rangers in the final. I can smell it

But these games against the Caps will go 7 games. Home advantage in the end.

KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 04:55 AM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

If we're to win this series it will be in game 7. If we lose tonight's game we lose the series as well because regardless of tonight we're not winning in Washington in game 6.

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 05:34 AM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
We can't lose to the same team 3 times in 4 years. That's humiliating and it can't be allowed to happen.
This.

My hatred for the Caps is at an all time high, can't lose to these clowns again.

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 06:28 AM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
Trust me, it will be Kings vs Rangers in the final. I can smell it

But these games against the Caps will go 7 games. Home advantage in the end.
I'm with you on this one. It will be EPIC

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

I've said all year that this isn't our year, but the stars are aligning almost perfect. We won't get many chances at the cup. We have one this year. Have to go out and take it.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 07:00 AM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

You're all delusional. Your hopes and expectations of this team are too damn high. Do I have to balance the historic bad karma of this team by being the anti jynx? Fine then, we're going to get lose a close one tonight and get embarrassed in game 6.

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 07:11 AM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAyten View Post
You're all delusional. Your hopes and expectations of this team are too damn high. Do I have to balance the historic bad karma of this team by being the anti jynx? Fine then, we're going to get lose a close one tonight and get embarrassed in game 6.
So i guess your not watching since you already knows what happens. That is like a met or jet mentality, keep the faith bro.

Old
05-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Well....I was going to go to the game today, but since you already know what's going to happen, I might as well make a profit, sell the tickets to a guy who has no clue, and find something else to do instead. Won't even bother watching Game 6.

...You don happen to have this week's Mega Millions numbers, do you?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 07:45 AM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
We have to win every series.

05-07-2012, 07:49 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
yes. for this reason alone i want the rangers to prevail. I couldn't bear to get eliminated by the Caps 3x since the lockout.

I blame Torts if we do...

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 07:53 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
I kind of agree with this. This team doesn't dominate, ala 07 Ducks, I don't have confindence in this grind out wins fashion.

But I also agree with Machinehead, we really can't lose to WAS for the 3rd time.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 08:06 AM
KenGuru

Quote:
If they are good enough to win the eastern conference they are good enough to win the Stanley Cup. Many great teams are aldready out; Pens, Canucks, Blues and Bruins. Its really tight and the Caps are also a tough team, but there is a reason why the bookmakers have Rangers as a favourite for the cup.

KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 08:09 AM
coasterbill

lol... I can't believe you guys are still watching this series. Didn't you see the thread Mr Atoz started where he said we weren't going to win. Clearly there's no point in watching.

coasterbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Vitto79

we need to win because we always lose to the Caps and the final 4 could be us, NJ,LA,Pho ........if you told me that would be the final 4 to start these playoffs I would of jumped for joy

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Jersey Girl

I agree with the sentiment of the OP. It's time to stop losing to the Caps already, especially this year when they're such an inferior team.

Also, the stars have aligned with teams like Pittsburgh, Boston, Vancouver, and now St Louis out of the equation. Must seize this opportunity, and I think we will.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 08:21 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
I agree with the sentiment of the OP. It's time to stop losing to the Caps already, especially this year when they're such an inferior team.

Also, the stars have aligned with teams like Pittsburgh, Boston, Vancouver, and now St Louis out of the equation. Must seize this opportunity, and I think we will.
exactly

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

At the beginning of the year, I would've said a hard fought second round appearance would be a good season, and a ECF appearance would be a great one.

Expectations have since changed with the team coming together quicker than I had anticipated. Not to mention, their road to the Stanley Cup could very well involved playing the 8th, 7th, and 6th seeds from the East and the 8th seed from the west. I think losing a series now would be a big wasted opportunity.

That said, the most satisfying thing for me is this team is young and has a multi-year window to compete. Thats some wonderful piece of mind after watching the franchise operation in a rudderless manner for almost 20 years.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 08:41 AM
NYRKING30

Now we need to win because apparently some craps fan swear nik backstrom is a "superstar". I swear that main board sometimes is just loony.

Old
05-07-2012, 08:44 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
my point was this series is different the any of the last 7 years, they have a legit team, they need to finally get over that hump

even if they lose the next series atleast they got back to round 3, and it would be a great series, of course i would want to win, but losing in round 3 atleast would be a huge step forward and would give us real spotlight

we lose round 2 its the same story stuck in the mud
media would have a field day "caps have our number" or
"number 1 seed fails to the great ovy"

this simply would be devasting

What would be devastating?

Were your expectations BEFORE the season that the Rangers would even get to this point?

The series isn't over,yet. It's only Game 5. It's tied. Rangers have home ice. Worry about ECF when that happens. Get through this round now.

TKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG View Post
Were your expectations BEFORE the season that the Rangers would even get to this point?
Personally I'm not part of the crowed that will take any satisfaction out of a loss to Washington based on expectations before the season. First place in the East means expectations are to win. Now!

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote