HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks store sale?

Old
05-07-2012, 07:47 PM
CJL182

vCash: 500
Signed game used sticks go from about $150 to $300. Unsigned game used sticks are much cheaper and a better deal if you can get them signed at Teal and White or another autograph event. At last year's sale, an unsigned Boyle stick was like $75 while a signed one was $300.

CJL182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:37 AM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

They sell used sticks which are mostly broken or about to be for 25-50 depending on the condition

Mr Fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:48 PM
eastbayjoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
Can someone explain why game used equipment is so sought after? Is it purely for collector's purposes, or do people actually buy them to use them? I can understand something like a stick....but pads, skates, helmets? Maybe it's my OCD, but it just seems gross to want used pads.
I've long wondered the same thing. I don't even like wearing my OWN stinky gear.

eastbayjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 03:36 PM
OffSydes
#tank2014/5

Quote:
Can someone explain why game used equipment is so sought after? Is it purely for collector's purposes, or do people actually buy them to use them? I can understand something like a stick....but pads, skates, helmets? Maybe it's my OCD, but it just seems gross to want used pads.
Prostock is way tyte son!

I bought pants last year that were brand new. Company was bought out so they were never worn.

OffSydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 08:18 PM
SJGoalie32

Quote:
Seen a few Sharks fans who collected game-used stuff and have it on display in their home or office.

But I also have quite a few friends/teammates who've purchased stuff for their own use.

It's really not a lot different than going to Play It Again Sports......except that the equipment has been used far far less, it's been repaired and cleaned a lot more thoroughly and professionally (or at all for that matter), and as already mentioned the quality is often several times better than anything you can even buy at the high end of retail, and at prices that are as cheap or cheaper than anything you could find at the bottom of the retail price spectrum.

I don't go largely because I'm a 5'6" goalie so there's very little selection for me that would fit my size and my style. But if I needed any new forward equipment, I sure wouldn't pass up an opportunity to get pro-quality gloves for less than average retail price simply because someone wore them once for two periods back in January before a seam ripped along the index finger. The Sharks staff washes the gloves thoroughly, stitches them up, and even though they may never again be worn by an NHL player who gets equipment personally made and tailored for them for free, that doesn't mean the gloves are totally useless or worthless.

SJGoalie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Eighth Fret

If anyone can pick up something for me at the sale, that would be greatly appreciated. I would reimburse cost, of course, and gas money if need be.

Eighth Fret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Iron Chef

Question for those who have gone to the Sharks Store @ HP summer sale before...Since its on a Saturday morning, are there usually long lines that can only be avoided if you get there early?

There's a Brent Burns t-shirt I want there, but there's no way I am paying $30 for it. Also, I know the sale says "up to" 50% off, so does anyone know how much t-shirts are marked down usually?

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:52 PM
deekortiz3

I am at the equipment sale today and will try to post some prices if you have any specific questions ask in here and I will check.

deekortiz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Mafoofoo
Jawesome

Quote:
Question for those who have gone to the Sharks Store @ HP summer sale before...Since its on a Saturday morning, are there usually long lines that can only be avoided if you get there early?

There's a Brent Burns t-shirt I want there, but there's no way I am paying $30 for it. Also, I know the sale says "up to" 50% off, so does anyone know how much t-shirts are marked down usually?
I've seen shirts get marked down to around $5 to at most $15 a shirt.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Iron Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
I've seen shirts get marked down to around $5 to at most $15 a shirt.
Thanks! And is it like a closeout sale for the store, where the closer you get towards the end of the sale period, the bigger the discounts? Or is the pricing static?

Old
05-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Mafoofoo
Jawesome

From what I've seen it's static. And it's best to go earlier. Otherwise all the cool stuff gets cleaned out really fast.

I think you got like 10% off your order or something if you checked into the store on FB or something. I could be remembering the discount wrong but I know it had to do with checking in on FB.

Old
05-16-2012, 06:13 PM
deekortiz3

I am at the equipment sale today and will try to post some prices if you have any specific questions ask in here and I will check.

Helmets 40-60
Gloves 40-90
Pants 70-135
Skates 75-175
New Sticks 60-135
Used Sticks 50-75

Complete list here...
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5&postcount=52

Last edited by deekortiz3: 05-16-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old
05-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Iron Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by deekortiz3 View Post

Helmets 40-60
Gloves 40-90
Wow how did you get in before everyone else? Decent price on gloves. I'm thinking of getting back into roller hockey so maybe I should stop by

Old
05-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Iron Chef

Promise...last question...Is it true that there is an early day for STHs for the Sharks Store sale?

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski
"FOR SALE: Colin White skates - barely used ..." MT @SanJoseSharks The annual equipment sale is set for Sat.

LOL

Last edited by Iron Chef: 05-16-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old
05-16-2012, 08:21 PM
CJL182

Quote:
Wow how did you get in before everyone else?
Suite Holders and Sharks Ice employees can buy stuff the day before STH's. deekortiz3, how was the selection of used sticks? Any Thornton, Burns, or Couture sticks left?

CJL182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Mafoofoo
Jawesome

Just saw some pics of the equipment sale. What I wouldn't give for a Dezzy helmet...******* rent money...

Old
05-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deekortiz3 View Post

Helmets 40-60
Gloves 40-90
Pants 70-135
Skates 75-175
New Sticks 60-135
Used Sticks 50-75
What about pant shells?

Throw me in the boat as well that would be looking to compensate someone to pick up some gear. I'd be looking for pant shells in a L or XL and potentially 14" gloves or a RH stick. It'd be so much easier if I didn't live in San Diego or happened to be back home for the weekend.

Splitbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Iron Chef

I just realized I burned my STH cards along with all my unused playoff tickets from this past season. Do they actually check for that at Sharks Ice for the advance sale?

Old
05-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
I just realized I burned my STH cards along with all my unused playoff tickets from this past season. Do they actually check for that at Sharks Ice for the advance sale?
Got your STH Pin? They accept that at the Sharks store.

It disappoints me that you can write a lyric very flippantly—and not a particularly good lyric—and it can mean so much to so many people. That's disillusioning for a writer - George Michael, Careless Whisper
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Mafoofoo
Jawesome

Quote:
You burned them? Why?

Old
05-16-2012, 08:43 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
You burned them? Why?
Anger.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Iron Chef

Quote:
You burned them? Why?
I've done it the past couple of years. Feels more empowering after a disappointing playoff run when you burn them vs. just throwing them away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
Got your STH Pin? They accept that at the Sharks store.
I do! They only sent me one this past season, so hopefully theyll let me girlfriend still come with me.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
I do! They only sent me one this past season, so hopefully theyll let me girlfriend still come with me.
They did that to a lot of people. They knew they messed up and had them for the asking at the tables where they hand out the stats page.

Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Mafoofoo
Jawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Anger.

Quote:
I've done it the past couple of years. Feels more empowering after a disappointing playoff run when you burn them vs. just throwing them away.

Ahaha right on.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:54 PM
deekortiz3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitbtw View Post
What about pant shells?

Throw me in the boat as well that would be looking to compensate someone to pick up some gear. I'd be looking for pant shells in a L or XL and potentially 14" gloves or a RH stick. It'd be so much easier if I didn't live in San Diego or happened to be back home for the weekend.
Shells were $10.

I got the last 14" gloves.

RH stock is slim but used Demers 90-100 Flex RH sticks were $50
New Burns RH sticks (Heatley Curve) 110-115 Flex were $135

There were a few others but those prices were pretty standard for new and used.