Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

OHL Prospects - 2012 NHL Draft Re-Entries

Old
05-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Brock

vCash: 500
OHL Prospects - 2012 NHL Draft Re-Entries

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2012...e-entries.html

My annual list of the top 2nd and 3rd year eligible players.

Be curious to see your thoughts as I believe this group to be incredibly solid with a lot of good names for NHL teams to be interested in. There's certainly some discussion as to other players who could be included in this list.

Old
05-06-2012, 02:51 PM
JL17

Griffith shows me reasons why he won't be drafted.... he likes to cheat when in the defensive zone especially on the PK.. It's happened a few times in the playoffs and those times have lead to goals. He'll fly the zone when London doesn't have control of the puck leaving his team shorthanded. A few have resulted in goals where the pucks in the net and he's at the red line.

Prime example was in Kitchener series... blocks a shot on the PK has no idea where the puck is (in his feet) but he's already gone past the Rangers D-man and he picks up the puck and scores. I'm sure you being a scout picks up on things like that....

He's got a great shot and a nose for the net and had a terrific year but that to me maybe what's going to hold him back.

Houser I have no idea why either... but sometime he's decision when playing the puck come into question... plus his skating is a little different. He was spot on in Philly's rookie camp and his play hasn't wavered in 2 years.

JL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Griffith shows me reasons why he won't be drafted.... he likes to cheat when in the defensive zone especially on the PK.. It's happened a few times in the playoffs and those times have lead to goals. He'll fly the zone when London doesn't have control of the puck leaving his team shorthanded. A few have resulted in goals where the pucks in the net and he's at the red line.

Prime example was in Kitchener series... blocks a shot on the PK has no idea where the puck is (in his feet) but he's already gone past the Rangers D-man and he picks up the puck and scores. I'm sure you being a scout picks up on things like that....

He's got a great shot and a nose for the net and had a terrific year but that to me maybe what's going to hold him back.
I've definitely noticed this about Griffith. While he's very solid on the penalty kill, five on five, he's become very offensive oriented. He cheats occasionally and takes chances that his teammates will win the corner battles for him.

This is interesting because at times last year, I felt he looked like a very solid defensive player.

It's clear that he has it in him, it's just that he's struggling with being a committed two way player. I think his smarts make him very coachable in this area.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:20 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Nice job Brock.

I can't imagine Houser isn't drafted this year. It's a bit shocking that no one took a chance on him last year, actually.

I'd love to see Frankie get a shot, but as well as he played this year and as often, he's still viewed as a backup to Gibson.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote