HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Draft Thread III (June 22nd-23rd)

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
Personally, I hope we trade, flipping with the Islanders or Leafs depending on the deal we could get. I can see Toronto paying a fairly heafty sum to move up to 2 so that they can take Galchenyuk before Montreal can take him. Something like the 5th overall and Colborne/pick for our 2nd overall. While we lose out on murray who I really like, we can choose between a Trouba (if we want D) or Forsberg while picking up a solid prospect/pick.
Oh boy, better hope that no one on the main board sees this....the idea of going from #5 to #2, undoubtedly, will trigger a new wave of proposals involving Nazem Kadri, Luke Schenn, Nikolai Kulemin, Clarke MacArthur, James Reimer, and Mike Komisarek. Just one of them out of that group; everyone knows multiple pieces off the scrap heap is overpayment to move up to 2nd overall.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:35 AM
alphafox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Oh boy, better hope that no one on the main board sees this....the idea of going from #5 to #2, undoubtedly, will trigger a new wave of proposals involving Nazem Kadri, Luke Schenn, Nikolai Kulemin, Clarke MacArthur, James Reimer, and Mike Komisarek. Just one of them out of that group; everyone knows multiple pieces off the scrap heap is overpayment to move up to 2nd overall.
Are you kidding, That's the package for the #2 not to move up

Old
05-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
The answer is Nail Yakupov.

I still don't buy the Oilers making that pick. For once, Howson's Edmonton connection can be of some use.
While I agree it's possible the Oilers don't pick Yakupov, I think he'll definitely be going #1.

Old
05-08-2012, 02:42 PM
EspenK

I just visited the habs board- Galchenyuk is leading there in early returns with more votes than Grigo & Forsberg combined. I'm waiting for tsn.ca to project him the winner.

Kind of surprised-I thought they would go big for Grigorenko.

Old
05-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I just visited the habs board- Galchenyuk is leading there in early returns with more votes than Grigo & Forsberg combined. I'm waiting for tsn.ca to project him the winner.

Kind of surprised-I thought they would go big for Grigorenko.
They all wanted Gilbert Brule over Carey Price too, and were livid when that didn't happen.

Old
05-08-2012, 03:02 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
They all wanted Gilbert Brule over Carey Price too, and were livid when that didn't happen.
Damn the Canadiens for not listening to their fans. Then maybe we would have Kopitar. Or at least Carey Price.

And hey, for those smart Hab fans, Brule is still playing for the Cup

Old
05-08-2012, 05:06 PM
EspenK

Sore Loser- just saw that Seth Jones is going to play for Portland in the WHL next season. Keep us posted so after we draft Galchenyuk this year we can know all about the stud D-man for the 2013 draft.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Cujorulesdtown9
More #BluePants

Quote:
Just received word from J.P Barry that Filip Forsberg won't join the CHL next year if he doesn't make the NHL. He'll stick in Sweden.
-@KellyFriesen

Old
05-08-2012, 07:06 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujorulesdtown90 View Post
-@KellyFriesen
What about the AHL, I wonder?

Old
05-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
What about the AHL, I wonder?
Only 17, doesn't turn 18 til Aug this year. So two years from AHL eligible I believe.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:30 PM
CBJ Tiffin

This article by Rob Mixer was posted today on bluejackets.nhl.com

Tyler Wright Recaps Amateur Meetings
http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news...id=DL|CBJ|home

Find it curious they don't mention either Galchenyuk or Trouba. Perhaps being coy, perhaps not interested...

Old
05-08-2012, 07:32 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Only 17, doesn't turn 18 til Aug this year. So two years from AHL eligible I believe.
Isnt that only true for kids who played in the CHL? Filatov played in the AHL right away...

Old
05-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Isnt that only true for kids who played in the CHL? Filatov played in the AHL right away...
Brain freeze. Sorry.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:57 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Brain freeze. Sorry.
No problem.

I am curious about what he would really do if the team that drafts him wants him to play in the AHL.

Old
05-08-2012, 08:09 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ Tiffin View Post
This article by Rob Mixer was posted today on bluejackets.nhl.com

Tyler Wright Recaps Amateur Meetings
http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news...id=DL|CBJ|home

Find it curious they don't mention either Galchenyuk or Trouba. Perhaps being coy, perhaps not interested...
I didn't read it as Wright not mentioning them, the reporter just left them out of his list.

Old
05-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Roadman
Moving On

At 18 he's probably better off in Sweden.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:27 PM
JacketsFanWest

Forsberg is 18 by September 15th, so he's old enough for the AHL this season. But it's never worked well. Filatov and Niklas Bergfors are 18 year old Euros who have played in the AHL. If players aren't ready for the NHL, then the AHL isn't going to work at that age. They're better off staying in Europe.

Forsberg has a contract with Leksand thru next season. There would be an NHL out clause but likely not AHL.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:30 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Sore Loser- just saw that Seth Jones is going to play for Portland in the WHL next season. Keep us posted so after we draft Galchenyuk this year we can know all about the stud D-man for the 2013 draft.
i have already posted a handful of times about him, but have you seen the kid play? soooooooooo good and knows how important it is to work hard.

Old
05-09-2012, 06:11 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
i have already posted a handful of times about him, but have you seen the kid play? soooooooooo good and knows how important it is to work hard.
Never seen him but from what I've read he seems to be destined for stardom.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Well played, sir.

Excited to see what Seth Jones can do with Portland next year, as they will be a team on the rebound; losing at least three and possibly four defensemen, including captain William Wrenn, draft pick Troy Rutkowski, and Pittsburgh first rounder Joe Morrow. They may also lose Cody Castro, but he doesn't play much, so it wouldn't be a huge loss for them at this point. Also, graduating from their forward ranks would be superstar Sven Bartschi, as well as Jacket prospect Oliver Gabriel, Cam Reid, Marcel Noebels, Brad Ross, and goaltender Mac Carruth.

I know a lot of those names don't mean a lot to Jacket fans, but that's their top three defensemen, the league's equivalent to Sidney Crosby (Bartschi averaged two points per game), another first liner in Ross, their entire second line, one of their top role players, and their starting goalie.

Seth Jones has the opportunity to step right in - as he should, being 18 years old already - and dominate for this team in a top-pairing role. If he can display his dominant presence for Portland next season, this is a guy that's capable of going in the top-3 of the 2013 draft.

We'll see about making him a Jacket, though

Old
05-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Hipster Letestu

With New Jersey in the finals conventional wisdom has them voiding their first-round draft pick this season for their Kovalchuk penalty. Improves the Jackets second-rounder that much more.

Old
05-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Saad Panda

With that in mind, astall, I keep wondering if that would mean we get to pick twice on the first day or if there will be 29 picks in the "first round" and we just pick up the next day at pick #30. Can anyone clarify?

Old
05-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
With that in mind, astall, I keep wondering if that would mean we get to pick twice on the first day or if there will be 29 picks in the "first round" and we just pick up the next day at pick #30. Can anyone clarify?
It should be us picking up the first pick on the second day. They use the "first round" as a marketing ploy, with everyone posing for photos and such. Since our pick is a "second round" pick, we'll be picking on the second day. It works that way with compensatory picks, such as the one the NYR received for the death of Alex Cherepanov (RIP) a couple of years back - it wasn't the last pick of the round, it was the first pick of the next round.

Old
05-10-2012, 04:08 AM
FutureCjJohnson

I want Dansk if he is available top of the second.

Old
05-10-2012, 08:43 AM
alphafox

Gotta figure if Dansk or Subban available at the top of the second we take them. Give them time to season behind a FA goalie like Harding.

Closed Thread