HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Draft Thread III (June 22nd-23rd)

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Seems like as good a time as any to post possible instructions for draft tickets...

I have no idea if the draft tickets are going through Ticketmaster online or not. It's certainly likely. With that in mind, here's what to do.

DO ALL THIS TONIGHT
1) Before doing anything else, sign up for Ticketmaster (ticketmaster.com). Create an account.
2) If you have an account already, make sure your information is updated and current.
3) If you're sure it's updated, make sure you remember your log-in info.

TOMORROW (June 5)
4) At about 9:50 AM tomorrow morning, log in to ticketmaster.com
5) In a separate tab or window, open up http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=79875 or http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/draft (or both).
6) At about 9:58 EST, start the "refresh dance". As the screen reloads, if the link to tickets is not yet active, refresh it. Be prepared to do this multiple times.

Now, once it goes live, you're kind of on your own. I don't know if this will be going through TM or what exactly the procedure is at that point, but work quickly and do what you can. There are only 1,500 first-round tickets and 3,500 second-day tickets available, and each order is limited to 4 total tickets. If you have a brother, sister, parents, cousins, or friends, get them in on this too...then even if you miss out, we might still be able to get it done.

I have no idea what we'll be able to get, but the thought of 1,500 CBJ fans making the trek over for the draft is quite exciting.

Old
06-04-2012, 07:23 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kington87 View Post
I swear I'm the only person here who wants Grigorenko.

People need to realize he wants to play in the NHL and has arguably the highest ceiling in the draft.

If we had two top 5 picks, I'd be pissed if we didn't take him with one....

People are different. He is not Filatov, and he is not Zherdev. This nationalistic bias is disgusting.
What if we just don't think he's the best player available for one or both picks?

Old
06-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Kington87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
What if we just don't think he's the best player available for one or both picks?
I would be disappointed if he wasn't in our top 5. He is certainly in mine. With two picks, I would take Forsberg at 2 and one of Galy/Grigo at 5 depending on who is left.

This would provide serious excitement for the future from me and other fans.

If they both turned out to, we could finally have an argument against the cbj being a prospect graveyard HA!

Old
06-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post

Grigorenko is a much better player than Forsberg, the only reason Filip will be drafter higher is because he's viewed as "safer", not better.

Old
06-04-2012, 08:07 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
I would be disappointed if he wasn't in our top 5. He is certainly in mine. With two picks, I would take Forsberg at 2 and one of Galy/Grigo at 5 depending on who is left.

This would provide serious excitement for the future from me and other fans.

If they both turned out to, we could finally have an argument against the cbj being a prospect graveyard HA!
You know, two high picks might be just the thing to get people around here excited again.

Old
06-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Paisano*
Jury is still out...

I like this guys thinking! http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Adam-...Five/155/44766
With Nash gone we need scoring, this guy can do it. The kid was born in Milwaukee, so he isn't going to bolt to the KHL. He's got the talent and size.

Last edited by Paisano*: 06-04-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old
06-04-2012, 08:41 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Grigorenko is a much better player than Forsberg, the only reason Filip will be drafter higher is because he's viewed as "safer", not better.
I guess that settles that.

You take the player that can best contribute to your team. If there's a doubt the guy stays in North America, a doubt about the guy's 'compete' level, you take another guy.

Old
06-04-2012, 08:43 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
I like this guys thinking! http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Adam-...Five/155/44766
With Nash gone we need scoring, this guy can do it. The kid was born in Milwaukee, so he isn't going to bolt to the KHL. He's got the talent and size.
I would be happy with that pick.

Old
06-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I would be happy with that pick.
I as well, although I think Murray is the way to go if Yakupov is off the board Galchenyuk has the goods..As for my desire to draft Murray I wanted Fowler in 2010, I like defenseman projected to be the rare exception of making the NHL sooner than later.

Last edited by Robert: 06-05-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old
06-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Everyone ready to go on draft tickets?

Old
06-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Paisano*
Jury is still out...

I got two for Saturday.

Old
06-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

I have 4 for Saturday (I think). I believe their server has crashed now three or four times, plus the fact that I lost out on first-round tickets during one of those crashes.

Basically, the 1st-round ones were in the cart, and when I hit "next", it said my session had timed out after 20 minutes...it was 10:03 AM at the time.

Even right now, it's kicking me out every 30 seconds...I'm supposed to be able to stay logged in for 30 minutes without timing out, and I'm getting 30 seconds.

Old
06-05-2012, 09:31 AM
OnYourIgnoreList

Managed to get 1 for day 1 and 2 for day 2.

Update: site banner now says tickets are sold out.

Old
06-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Keeter
Rookie User

Extra ickets for Saturday

Hi Folks,

I got a lot of extra tickets for Saturday, looking to switch (2 for 1) for Friday tickets.

Myself and two friends are travelling from Canada for the weekend. We each got 4 tickets for Saturday (12 total) , but couldn't get tickets for Friday.

Anyone needing\wanting tickets for Saturday - let me know.

Last edited by Keeter: 06-05-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Old
06-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Tried and didn't get anywhere. Alas.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
06-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

This may be the most pathetic ticket operation I've ever seen, and that's really saying something.

Old
06-05-2012, 01:01 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
This may be the most pathetic ticket operation I've ever seen, and that's really saying something.
Sounds like trying to get Springsteen tickets in the northeast when 5 venues go on sale at the same time.

Old
06-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
Interesting thoughts provided here, and I can't say I argue with any of his reasoning for selecting Galchenyuk. This guy has done his homework.

Old
06-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Have been in the Muuray camp from day one and won't repeat reasons.

But Galchenyuk would be second choice and can't really be upset if that is the route taken.

Both picks assume Yakupov is not available. Anything else would try even my patience.

Old
06-05-2012, 10:39 PM
NashPF61

With the 2nd overall pick in the 2012 NHL draft, The Columbus Blue Jackets are proud to select, from Leksand, Allsvenskan. Filip Forsberg! **cheers!

Last edited by NashPF61: 06-05-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old
06-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Kington87

IDK what it is, but Forsberg really doesn't excite me as much as guys like Galchenyuk do.

Anyone else feel this way??? I feel like we are going to take FF and I can't seem to get excited about the pick.

What should I be looking forward to with this kid? Is he really worth the 2nd overall pick?! I look at past number 2s and he just doesn't seem as up there as they did going into the draft. Maybe it's just me........... *sigh*

Old
06-06-2012, 03:50 AM
Paisano*
Jury is still out...

with Howson in charge of this mess, its hard to get excited about anything CBJ related any more.

Old
06-06-2012, 05:51 AM
EspenK

Quote:
IDK what it is, but Forsberg really doesn't excite me as much as guys like Galchenyuk do.

Anyone else feel this way??? I feel like we are going to take FF and I can't seem to get excited about the pick.

What should I be looking forward to with this kid? Is he really worth the 2nd overall pick?! I look at past number 2s and he just doesn't seem as up there as they did going into the draft. Maybe it's just me........... *sigh*
I'm with you. I think there are several reasons

1) Forsberg is playing in a mens league at the age of 17 and is not putting up big numbers

2) Until recently he has not received as much press as Galchenyuk

3) Galchenyuk has been projected by many to have the highest ceiling of any player in the draft

4) While both are (probably) at least a year away Galchenyuk if he has a good year in junuors next year is the closest (at least imo)

5) Yuk is linked to Yak

In the end it will all come down to how the player selected produces. Time will tell but till then I'd take Yuk, a true center.

Old
06-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Filip Forsberg reminds me a lot of the Magnus Paajarvi pick back in 2009. I remember how upset some of the Ottawa fans were that the Sens opted for Jared Cowen instead of (then-known as) MSP. Everyone kept talking about his potential ceiling, and how he was already playing in a men's league, etc. I think Forsberg is similar ... his projections are purely for the future, not for the present. What will make a difference is, if we draft him, we have to develop him properly. This is not a guy that will play for us next year. Maybe that's Scott Howson's tip of the hat as to who he plans on picking?

Old
06-06-2012, 09:07 AM
DangleOH91

Quote:

Definitely feel the same way. I just can't seem to get excited by forsberg, at least not with the 2nd overall. Sure he could project to be a solid top 6 winger, but with the 2nd overall it has to be about elite talent. If Galchenyuk had not been injured this year, I doubt this would even be a debate. IMO if his combine performance, medical examination show that his injuries are not a factor, the decision is easy. Plus he's a true center. Galchenyuk, Johansen, Brassard up the middle is very promising. If not Galchenyuk, I would go with Murray.

Closed Thread