HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Draft Thread III (June 22nd-23rd)

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2012, 03:23 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
Any idea who Howson will pick at two?

Old
06-15-2012, 03:37 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
Likely Forsberg, outside chance of Murray.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:39 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Likely Forsberg, outside chance of Murray.
Sweet I hope we end up with Galchenyuk, and Forsberg is his only competition IMO. Grigs will go to MTL, just watch.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:51 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Sweet I hope we end up with Galchenyuk, and Forsberg is his only competition IMO. Grigs will go to MTL, just watch.
Don't get too excited, Brass16 has a fixation on Forsberg as Howson's pick that is not shared by all. I, along with many others, believe Galchenyuk will be the Jacket's pick at #2. Nobody knows for sure and there are many things that can change before next Friday.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:02 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
For the last time, Montreal is not interested in grigerenko if galchenyuks on the board

Old
06-15-2012, 04:03 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Don't get too excited, Brass16 has a fixation on Forsberg as Howson's pick that is not shared by all. I, along with many others, believe Galchenyuk will be the Jacket's pick at #2. Nobody knows for sure and there are many things that can change before next Friday.
I want galchenyuk, i think we'll get forsberg though. Either way forsberg galchenyuk or murray we're getting a solid player. Its just up to the organization to turn him into the star they are capable of being.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:14 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Connor Murphy went to Phoenix last year. Ryan Murphy was taken by Carolina.
Murphy, Murray, Moore, Connor, Ryan..... Damn

Hopefully people know what I meant.

Old
06-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Matt

Whoever the jackets pick, it will be a bust and the one they pass over will become a star.

Old
06-15-2012, 05:07 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Where are all the people saying it would be complete lunacy to pick a goalie that high in the first round?!?
Yeah, and its taken him 7 years to become a starter

Seriously, the guy appears to have what it takes, so if we draft a comparable talent somewhere in this draft, he should be ready by 2019. (mayoral logic-what happened to rask will happen to our pick )

I think what this suggests is a trade for a decent goalie might be the prudent course of action whie we await 2019.

Old
06-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Whoever the jackets pick, it will be a bust and the one they pass over will become a star.
Well, goodness, if that's the case then why bother drafting, playing the games, making any trades, or even existing at all?

Seriously, can we please make this kind of worthless crap just go away? It's infuriating enough when we get it from other fanbases without it coming from within.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
06-15-2012, 05:35 PM
ThisIsMyAlibi
Howson = Herminated

Quote:
Seriously, can we please make this kind of worthless crap just go away? It's infuriating enough when we get it from other fanbases without it coming from within.
Nope. Sorry.

Old
06-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Well, goodness, if that's the case then why bother drafting, playing the games, making any trades, or even existing at all?

I think we stand a better chance of stamping out venereal disease in a college dorm than we do of making this go away.

Old
06-15-2012, 06:17 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I think we stand a better chance of stamping out venereal disease in a college dorm than we do of making this go away.
Are you implying that Matt = The Clap? Or is it that the sophomoric humor here reminds you of a dorm?

Old
06-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Congrats! By invoking that name, you've now convinced half the fanbase that passing on Yakupov would be a good idea.
I assure you, that was not my goal!

I really think Columbus drafts Galchenyuk; I think his showing at the combine was strong enough to warrant them taking the risk, and I think that they need to get the best potential player available. This is why I think Montreal takes Grigorenko - they need depth down the middle as well; the Islanders get the guy that they would probably take at #2, and Toronto lands Filip Forsberg.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Nanabijou
Booooooooooone

Quote:
I'm really intrigued with how the draft is going to play out. My personal choice for the Jackets at #2 is still Murray. I know we need forwards, but that can be handled with the potential Nash trade and perhaps flipping some of our young defensemen down the road.

What will be really interesting to see is what happens if the Oilers end up taking Murray. I could see us passing on Yakupov and I wonder what the price would be for the team that wants him.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:35 PM
blahblah

Quote:
But it's soooo clever and funny....

Old
06-15-2012, 10:36 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
I want Galch or Yakupov at 2, but from everything I am reading and looking into, Forsberg will be the pick at 2.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:41 PM
blahblah

Quote:
I want Galch or Yakupov at 2, but from everything I am reading and looking into, Forsberg will be the pick at 2.
I reading pretty much every variant known to man including trading down. Frankly, I'm not buying any of it. Smoke screen.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:21 PM
EDM

I am exerting my mind control powers. More and more people are beginning to believe we will take Forsberg.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Are you implying that Matt = The Clap?
No, at least penicillin makes the clap go away for good.

(NOW who or what is burning?)

Old
06-15-2012, 11:37 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Don't get me wrong, I'd be ecstatic with picking Galchenyuk. Just with the way things have gone for us, it wouldn't surprise me to see him not live up to expectations, and then years later people will gripe about picking a guy so high that missed his draft year due to injury, and how thick we must have been for taking him. Again, I would applaud the pick, but I simply think taking the safest bet in Murray is the way to go given the history we've had.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Two years ago, everyone thought we were taking Brandon Gormley. I had seen people talking about trading down to select Ryan Johansen, but his draft stock skyrocketed for us in the days leading up to the draft. Everyone is saying Forsberg right now, but really the only people who know what is going to happen aren't saying anything. For all we know, they could have it already set in their heads that it's Yakupov or Murray, and nobody else. Or Galchenyuk. Unfortunately, there's no way for us to know.

Old
06-16-2012, 01:00 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'd be ecstatic with picking Galchenyuk. Just with the way things have gone for us, it wouldn't surprise me to see him not live up to expectations, and then years later people will gripe about picking a guy so high that missed his draft year due to injury, and how thick we must have been for taking him. Again, I would applaud the pick, but I simply think taking the safest bet in Murray is the way to go given the history we've had.
You make a great point and honestly I'd bet a lot of money Murray becomes a stud no matter where he goes.

Old
06-16-2012, 06:55 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
You make a great point and honestly I'd bet a lot of money Murray becomes a stud no matter where he goes.
So why can't it be here?

Everyone says it takes longer for a D to develop. Why not take one that's already there?

Imagine in a year or so

Murray JJ
Moore Wiz
Tyutin Nikitin
Methot

And whenever Savard or Goloubef or Weber or Prout marinate and start pushing what kind of value young developed defensemen have?

Two possible alternatives to this senerio would be if EDM were to take Murry at#1 or if a significant defensive piece were to return in a Nash trade.

Old
06-16-2012, 07:17 AM
jacks johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
So why can't it be here?

Everyone says it takes longer for a D to develop. Why not take one that's already there?

Imagine in a year or so

Murray JJ
Moore Wiz
Tyutin Nikitin
Methot

And whenever Savard or Goloubef or Weber or Prout marinate and start pushing what kind of value young developed defensemen have?

Two possible alternatives to this senerio would be if EDM were to take Murry at#1 or if a significant defensive piece were to return in a Nash trade.
Well I guess Savard, Gobo, Weber, or Prout could play in our top 6 forward role since we will have guys like Letestu, Umberger that will have to play that role

Closed Thread