HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

2012 NHL Draft Thread III (June 22nd-23rd)

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2012, 04:14 PM
FutureCjJohnson

vCash: 500
Man, I want this draft to get here. I want to start to see our plan for the future be set in motion. Murray or Galy?

Old
05-13-2012, 04:25 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

In my gut, I expect Howson to take Forsberg.

Old
05-13-2012, 04:31 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

Yakupov.

Old
05-13-2012, 06:58 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

So, Edmonton is interested in Jordan Staal. If they will trade their pick for him they can trade Sam Gagner and something for a defensman. It means that Pens would probably take Yakupov. If not it is a chance that Oilers would take Murray and we can draft Yakupov.

But I prefer to draft Dumba IMO he will better than Murray.

Old
05-13-2012, 07:11 PM
FutureCjJohnson

No on Dumba. Not at second overall.

Old
05-13-2012, 07:57 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCjJohnson View Post
Man, I want this draft to get here. I want to start to see our plan for the future be set in motion. Murray or Galy?
You really think there's a plan?

Old
05-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
In my gut, I expect Howson to take Forsberg.
If and when Yakupov goes first, I have this same feeling.

Old
05-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
So Yak must be that much better in your mind to take him over the top D guy even though you seem to be advocating defense first?
Anytime you can land a guy who's drawn comparisons to Pavel Bure, you should take him. Yes, Yakupov is ahead of the pack - but the margin isn't substantial enough that Edmonton will have to take him.

Why the negative spin? We're all agreeing, for the most part.

Old
05-14-2012, 05:48 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Anytime you can land a guy who's drawn comparisons to Pavel Bure, you should take him. Yes, Yakupov is ahead of the pack - but the margin isn't substantial enough that Edmonton will have to take him.

Why the negative spin? We're all agreeing, for the most part.
No negative spin. Just trying to understand your logic.

Old
05-14-2012, 05:50 AM
chunkbox

i think at this point , Nail is more of a risk than a year ago ( even 6 months ago ) ... with the head injury ... i really think we end up with either Murray or Forsberg @ #2 overall ... outside shot at gally ... and a trade down

Old
05-14-2012, 11:24 AM
JacketsFanWest

A little more intrigue:

Edmonton Journal: "NHL Draft Expert 'Would Not Raise A Finger' To An NHL Team Taking Mikhail Grigorenko Over Nail Yakupov"

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-nail-yakupov/

And:

Slava Malamud ‏ @SlavaMalamud
Sources in Russia say that CSKA is very likely to make a big play for Grigorenko. If true, this should plunge his draft stock.

KHL also announced that players that come over from NA are excluded from the salary cap.

So, Grigs could go 1st overall. Or second round.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Xoggz22

Even if the KHL news isn't accurate or real, this still has to crush a guy like Grigorenko's draft status. IF there was ever a doubt about Grigs as an option for Columbus this would have to crush all those thoughts wouldn't it? i've been amused with how many mock drafts have the CBJ taking him. Not a chance.

This news could potentially impact Yakupov too I would think. If there is ANY doubt whatsoever about these guys you simply can't take them as a Blue Jacket. Just my opinion.

Old
05-14-2012, 12:24 PM
alphafox

Not gonna lie, if Grigs falls far enough I would love to grab him...just not with our 2nd overall. If he's there in the 20's I would definitely put a package together to go get him he's just to talented not to take a flyer on further down the draft though.

Old
05-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
Not gonna lie, if Grigs falls far enough I would love to grab him...just not with our 2nd overall. If he's there in the 20's I would definitely put a package together to go get him he's just to talented not to take a flyer on further down the draft though.
While I agree to an extent, guys like Kirill Kabanov were prompting the same kind of comments.

Old
05-14-2012, 02:31 PM
EspenK

This Pronman guy-he have any cred?

Old
05-14-2012, 02:41 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
This Pronman guy-he have any cred?
Who?

Old
05-14-2012, 05:11 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Who?
The guy who published this top 100 & is the subject of the blog referenced above

Old
05-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Robert
BOB

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Maybe its time to put in a "3 second" area to open up scoring. I go back and forth on the excitement factor of a 1-0, 2-1 game.

As I do on Murray vs Offense. Watching guys like Alzner, Girardi, McDonagh, Stahl, del Zotto, Carlson I can definitely see the value of adding a guy of their kind.
I was cautious with that post about a defenseman but at least a few agree... I actually came to that conclusion after the possible trade talk with the Rangers for Nash.

This is a defenseman league now, even young defenseman who buy into blocking shots. With a deep, and I mean deep, defensive core even Mason might do well.

Hitchcock type checking is not a bad thing but with the new rules Dale Hunters approach of blocking shots might be the way to go, and that means defenseman.

Last edited by Robert: 05-14-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old
05-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Nordique

I think Howson grabs whichever center he feels is most ready to join the team

OR

He moves the pick and/or other assets to get a goalie or top 6 forward.

I just don't see Murray being part of his plan to get this team back into the mix ASAP. We don't need a 3rd pairing defenseman with the 2nd overall pick when we could potentially land a top six skater.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post

OR

I just don't see Murray being part of his plan to get this team back into the mix ASAP. We don't need a 3rd pairing defenseman with the 2nd overall pick when we could potentially land a top six skater.
Murray would be a third pairing defensemen on a couple of teams in the NHL next year. On this team, he's a top-4 guy right now. If he spends another year in junior and possibly a year in the AHL, I think he comes into the NHL as a top pairing guy.

Third pairing is not an adjective I'd use to describe Ryan Murray.

Old
05-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Robert
BOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post

OR

He took a center last year Dique.. there is no center ready to join the CBJ as an 18/19 year old. What you folks don't seem to understand, it takes years to grasp the NHL CENTER game... it's a spot close to being an NHL defenseman or goalie, in other words, not easy.

One of the CBJ problems is that they don't have an AHL or minor league system in place to bring guys up correctly... have any of you ever asked why Syracuse wanted out of the Blue Jacket organization? Nope, you just trashed the Syracuse fans.

Syacuse is a great hockey market... even they gave up on McConnell and his vision of hockey.

Last edited by Robert: 05-14-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old
05-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
He took a center last year Dique.. there is no center ready to join the CBJ as an 18/19 year old. What you folks don't seem to understand, it takes years to grasp the NHL CENTER game... it's a spot close to being an NHL defenseman or goalie, in other words, not easy.

One of the CBJ problems is that they don't have an AHL or minor league system in place to bring guys up correctly... have any of you ever asked why Syracuse wanted out of the Blue Jacket organization? Nope, you just trashed the Syracuse fans.

Syacuse is a great hockey market... even they gave up on McConnell and his vision of hockey.
Syracuse being a great market has nothing to do with whether their team is being well-run or not. They've had problems with Anaheim since the Ducks picked up the affiliation (according to some, worse than with the CBJ affiliation)...is that because the 2007 Stanley Cup champions don't know how to develop players?

Old
05-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Robert
BOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Syracuse being a great market has nothing to do with whether their team is being well-run or not. They've had problems with Anaheim since the Ducks picked up the affiliation (according to some, worse than with the CBJ affiliation)...is that because the 2007 Stanley Cup champions don't know how to develop players?
Whatever, for every point there is a counter point... Is all I'm saying is that a weed grows from the root.

Keep losing or get an organization that builds from within, the problem with the Jackets is that they think every first round pick will be Rick Nash.... at times a first round pick will do that but more often than not it takes time.

I know some will call me out for my support of Johansen based on this post but there are exceptions... Ryan is one imo, there are several 19 year olds who make the NHL every year (it does happen), why not Johansen.

Old
05-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Whatever, for every point there is a counter point... Is all I'm saying is that a weed grows from the root.

Keep losing or get an organization that builds from within, the problem with the Jackets is that they think every first round pick will be Rick Nash.... at times a first round pick will do that but more often than not it takes time.

I know some will call me out for my support of Johansen based on this post but there are exceptions... Ryan is one imo, there are several 19 year olds who make the NHL every year (it does happen), why not Johansen.
"Okay, my justification attempt may have been inaccurate, ill-conceived, and generally contradictory to my point, but I'm standing by my assertions nonetheless because... because!"

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
05-15-2012, 12:55 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
A little more intrigue:

Edmonton Journal: "NHL Draft Expert 'Would Not Raise A Finger' To An NHL Team Taking Mikhail Grigorenko Over Nail Yakupov"

And:

Slava Malamud ‏ @SlavaMalamud
Sources in Russia say that CSKA is very likely to make a big play for Grigorenko. If true, this should plunge his draft stock.

KHL also announced that players that come over from NA are excluded from the salary cap.

So, Grigs could go 1st overall. Or second round.
Not exactly, before it the end word will have the coach of Russian repre if he said that a player could play for repre, so than yes, if says that not... no excusion.

Closed Thread