HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you rather face in WCF?

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2012, 09:13 AM
2-4 Slashin
Tony Granato Fan!

vCash: 500
I'd rather face Nashville. But the fact of the matter is we're likely gonna face the Yotes. This will be a hard game. Dave T' s coaching and Mike Smiths hot goaltending streak really creep me out. But then I felt that way these last two series.Then again, we have not been firing on all cylinders till now so I think we can take them in the WCF. We've seen them at their game. But like the Nucks and Blues, they have not seen US playing a complete team game yet. I think either team will be very surprised at the team they face in the next round!

LETS GO KINGS!!!

Old
05-07-2012, 09:23 AM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

Phoenix so we'll have beaten the 1st, 2nd and 3rd seeds in the west. And then New York in finals so we'll have beaten the 1st seed in the east.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:40 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPointHammer View Post
Phoenix so we'll have beaten the 1st, 2nd and 3rd seeds in the west. And then New York in finals so we'll have beaten the 1st seed in the east.
I admire your ambition similar to how the Emperor admired his kamakazi pilots.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:00 AM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Just thought it would be an interesting scenario that would put an exclamation point on a Kings cup win. Really, I don't care who we play in WCF or SCF, should we win WCF. However far the Kings go will be awesome.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Perro

I'd go for the yotes. Weber is the best d-man in the league, Rinne one of the top goalies.
Thge yotes are deep and well rounded plus have tippett, but I don't think they have as much high end talent. Whitney has to be getting tired, as does Doan.
Smith will crumble like Elliott.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:31 AM
reset
Puck Luck

i prefer phx.... but their team really scares me. this will be a battle for sure

Old
05-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

My only concern is that the Kings bring it after a relatively easy 2cd round.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:55 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk View Post
I'd rather play Nashville. Although if Smith starts burning out or gets injured, I'd love to have Labs in net!
Good point. The are pontentially one blow out away from LOLbarbera being in net for PHX and I like that idea a lot.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:05 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

I'm just happy we're asking this question!

Old
05-07-2012, 02:00 PM
fuzzerson
¡Ándele!

Send a message via ICQ to fuzzerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk View Post
I'd rather play Nashville. Although if Smith starts burning out or gets injured, I'd love to have Labs in net!
http://youtu.be/RNSFmjr5PP0

Old
05-07-2012, 02:14 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Phoenix. They're the better team right now, but as others have said if Nashville came back now they be going in with a lot momentum, while we would have had a week off. In fact I hope Phoenix closes it out tonight say we'll both have equal rest/momentum. (similar to the last series).

Also less travel and likely better start times as both teams would be PST. Also in Phoenix we may get a healthy amount of Kings fans in attendance in Glendale which I think would give the players a mental boost when they look up and see all the purple and black breaking up the white out.

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 05-07-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old
05-07-2012, 02:17 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I'm just happy we're asking this question!
you don't prefer threads like "who should we draft in 2012?" or "2012 Top Free Agents Class" or "Brown needs to go. We need a new captain!"? I don't know, I kind of miss those now

Old
05-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
you don't prefer threads like "who should we draft in 2012?" or "2012 Top Free Agents Class" or "Brown needs to go. We need a new captain!"? I don't know, I kind of miss those now
I still think we can look at the free agent list, and see who we would like to bring in.
I like our chances against the yotes over the preds, however I would like to see as much Carrie Underwood as possible so I am conflicted.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:42 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
This one will be back in mid-November, followed four months later by the ever popular "Our season is over" threads, which will in turn spur the "Fire DL/DS/Stevens/Kompon/training staff/Twitter managers/popcorn vendors" threads.

I think those will be really good next year given all the extra time those types of posters are having to work on their arguments right now. I mean, that's why they are so silent right now, right?

Old
05-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Or maybe how Cyrus admired his Anusiya. (Immortals and all that 300 stuff for the non history person)

It's all in perspective! I'd welcome that challenge.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:51 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Or maybe how Cyrus admired his Anusiya. (Immortals and all that 300 stuff for the non history person)

It's all in perspective! I'd welcome that challenge.
I agree, it's a nice challenge...if you win it.

I'd prefer the easiest route -not that there is an easy one- so sign me up with whoever the Kings feel would be th easiest of the teams to beat. I'd assume Phoenix in the WCF and (if we get there) Washington in the finals.

Old
05-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Both teams look vulnerable. Phoenix would be fun because we could talk "Desert Hockey" to the rest of the NHL.

But for chances of winning, I'm not looking past this round. Our chances of winning and a short series are much, much higher against Nashville. They'll have to give it their all to win 3 in a row and will have played a rough 7 games. Their offense corps are in disarray. And the travel would work in our favor as we're very well rested. Might as well start the travel discipline in case we make it into the finals.

Old
05-07-2012, 03:11 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
This one will be back in mid-November, followed four months later by the ever popular "Our season is over" threads, which will in turn spur the "Fire DL/DS/Stevens/Kompon/training staff/Twitter managers/popcorn vendors" threads.

I think those will be really good next year given all the extra time those types of posters are having to work on their arguments right now. I mean, that's why they are so silent right now, right?
how about fire DL for panicking to try and save his job?

On that note, props to DL for his tweaks that happened to work perfectly. I don't think even he expected it to work this well. And lastly, props to AEG for having the balls to double down their bets on a sinking ship. While we fans were jumping ship, ownership stayed the course. They gotten a whole lot of flak over the years, but they deserve a whole lot of credit for this.

On that note, I want to see Phoenix. It'll be fun to have a Division Conference Finals. Plus, I have a heart for Phoenix and the crap they go through.

Old
05-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
On that note, props to DL for his tweaks that happened to work perfectly. I don't think even he expected it to work this well. And lastly, props to AEG for having the balls to double down their bets on a sinking ship. While we fans were jumping ship, ownership stayed the course. They gotten a whole lot of flak over the years, but they deserve a whole lot of credit for this.
Props given

Last edited by Rorschach: 05-07-2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: fixing quote bracket
Old
05-07-2012, 04:34 PM
LaFan1967

Phoenix just for the all Pacific WCF effect

Old
05-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Another week without Kings hockey is going to take forever.

Players are going to get tired of answering the same questions over and over.

Old
05-07-2012, 04:48 PM
yankeeking

[QUOTE=Rorschach;49395119]
Quote:
[/QUOTE

Props given
I'll give up the props too, will not even use my lie-weekly avatar for a year, they did hang in there and let the hockey people be the judges of talent and decision making, and let him bring in SUTTER while most of the hockey world snicckered about hitch and sutter being retreads the hockey people like DL for us JD for the blues made the right moves

Old
05-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Phoenix is hungrier and more consistent than Nashville. That's why they are on the verge of beating them. I had high hopes for Nashville, picked them to the Cup. They are pretty much through though.

LAK-PHX could be a bloodbath, Phoenix is a nastier team than they seem on paper, even without Torres.

05-07-2012, 05:56 PM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

Either team left will be tough. I just listened to Bob Miller on the radio and I have to agree that traveling to Phoenix would be a benefit for the SCF if they get there. What I expect to see are similar games to what the Kings faced when Schneider was in net for the Canucks. Hard fought low scoring games. It really could go either way. I hate watching the episode of NHL 36 with Mike Richards because it was against the Coyotes and the Kings couldn't score. If the Kings put in the same kind of effort in this series as they have so far in previous playoff games, it will be very difficult for the Coyotes to score as well. We can always hope that Mike Smith finally turns into a pumpkin at midnight.

Old
05-07-2012, 06:17 PM
SLang

I like our chances against Phoenix. Look at it this way - the Kings didn't even really start playing hockey until the last quarter of the season, and the last time we played Phoenix we had 22 games left.....which means they really haven't played the new Kings. Not only does Phoenix not know the Kings will stack up, we don't either! The way the Kings are playing, the matchup will certainly not be MORE in Phoenix's favor.

If Sutter has the team going out of the gate like he did the last two series, I'll say if we're against Phoenix, it'll be Kings in 5.

Closed Thread