HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you rather face in WCF?

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2012, 10:38 PM
dogyekcoh*

vCash: 500
The way things are looking right now as I am watching the Yotes and Preds game. Coach DS should prep the boys to play against the Yotes. Preds are done.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:47 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPointHammer View Post
Phoenix so we'll have beaten the 1st, 2nd and 3rd seeds in the west. And then New York in finals so we'll have beaten the 1st seed in the east.
concur
Then any team that should every do it again will be compared to the Kings.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:49 PM
robitaillefan
Bababooey,Tatatoothy

The coyotes?....my god...

Who do they have again?....Doan, Whitney.....ugh....ugh...um...um..

They are going to be a real pain, and that friggen howl they have is driving me nuts...

Old
05-07-2012, 10:52 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by robitaillefan View Post
The coyotes?....my god...

Who do they have again?....Doan, Whitney.....ugh....ugh...um...um..

They are going to be a real pain, and that friggen howl they have is driving me nuts...
That howl is so damn annoying. It feels like they play it five times in a row after every goal.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogyekcoh View Post
The way thing looks, we will be playing the Yotes and they do scare me a little. Personally, I rather face the Preds than the Yotes.
Besides Smith's been playing out of his mind, Doan is a Kings killer, they are fast and bigger team than us. It will be an epic battle in the West.
Nobody left scares me. Of the teams left other than the Kings, I give the highest relative amount of respect to the Caps and they aren't even in full control of their current series.

While you and others who fear the Coyotes (call out the royal hounds!) may be giving respect to them for when we play them...just remember, they have to play us too. And each team we've faced has tried to put their system on us at various times, done it for a period or so, and then the Kings come out and will their system on the other team by crushing them on the forecheck, then playing that real annoying defense that keeps the puck to the outside.

When their defensemen and center start altering their plays and passes slightly as our 6+ footers approach with speed, our playoff beasts in Brown and Richards look for the kill, their system will start showing cracks. And when they start doing different things to try to get the puck closer to Quick for a better shot and then get stoned, their system, whatever it is, will collapse.

And neither of these teams (Phoenix or Nashville) can beat us on talent alone...those teams with on-paper talent to compare with the Kings already lost in the first round, at least in the West. Phoenix has some guys that have traditionally "killed" us in the past but the "us" that they annoyed then is not the "us" they have to play now.

- R
.><.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
That howl is so damn annoying. It feels like they play it five times in a row after every goal.
I get in to that howl...it's kinda neat. I think maybe if I can make it out to a game in round three and it's Phoenix (obviously), I'll do that howl every time the Kings score. Woo woo whooooo!

- R
.><.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Hate the idea of playing the Yotes.

Smith is hot, and we struggle with him. Though it may be different now.

Kings killers Doan, Vrbata, Langkow(?).

Their defense is deeper than what we've played against--no absolute retards (Edler, Coliacovo) on their back end. Tippett will have them playing safe as usual, so it's going to be harder to just beat them into submission like we did with the Blues and to a lesser extent the Canucks. In fact, their lay-back-for-opportunities system scares the bejesus out of me.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:21 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post

Their defense is deeper than what we've played against--no absolute retards (Edler, Coliacovo) on their back end. Tippett will have them playing safe as usual, so it's going to be harder to just beat them into submission like we did with the Blues and to a lesser extent the Canucks. In fact, their lay-back-for-opportunities system scares the bejesus out of me.
Not worried one bit. The Preds have not challenged PHX at all. Everyone thought the Kings would be gone in the First round, and not score at all.

Well look how that turned out.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:28 PM
10 ft. pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post

I just went back through the seasons box scores and really what you are seeing from Phoenix now is what happened to us all season.

-Overtime
-Good Goaltending
-Radim Vrbata lit us up this year
-Doan has lit us up his whole career

Good thing is Torres was also lights out against us so we may be getting a bit of a break there. They are not going to give us an inch. They are extremely well coached, have a great tender, good forchecking team, very diciplined, and work hard. We basically are going to be playing ourselves. I do think we have more talent though. If we outwork them we should be able to win. I am not going to pretend that this is not the toughest and most desperate team we have played in the playoffs. The yotes are TOUGH!!! Good thing is it gives us the opportunity to get better. If we beat these guys we will be as ready as we could be for the finals. Mad repect to that team in Phoenix they are all heart and soul. They could very well hand our collective ***** to us!

Old
05-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Bandit

Come on Nashville, prolong this series...

Old
05-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole View Post
I just went back through the seasons box scores and really what you are seeing from Phoenix now is what happened to us all season.

-Overtime
-Good Goaltending
-Radim Vrbata lit us up this year
-Doan has lit us up his whole career

Good thing is Torres was also lights out against us so we may be getting a bit of a break there. They are not going to give us an inch. They are extremely well coached, have a great tender, good forchecking team, very diciplined, and work hard. We basically are going to be playing ourselves. I do think we have more talent though. If we outwork them we should be able to win. I am not going to pretend that this is not the toughest and most desperate team we have played in the playoffs. The yotes are TOUGH!!! Good thing is it gives us the opportunity to get better. If we beat these guys we will be as ready as we could be for the finals. Mad repect to that team in Phoenix they are all heart and soul. They could very well hand our collective ***** to us!
Boedker has been great too

Old
05-07-2012, 11:40 PM
10 ft. pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Boedker has been great too
He's as fast as exlax

Old
05-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi