HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF Game 4 - Flyers @ Devils - Devils lead series 3-1. ZOMG

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Richer's Ghost
Pickle Pops?

vCash: 425
I've attended 2 games at MSG, I know the obnoxiousness. I can imagine it for 2 weeks constant at playoff levels.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:44 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

vCash: 500
Fans on both sides take it too far. I stay away from games against the Rangers because for the higher ticket price, the high chance of being involved in some kind of altercation is just not appealing to me.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
I've attended 2 games at MSG, I know the obnoxiousness. I can imagine it for 2 weeks constant at playoff levels.
It's hit or miss there. Was there years ago for Devils/Rangers games and there was little obnoxiousness, although this was when we practically never lost to them and I was much younger. Was there for game 4 the year we swept them in the first round, but maybe it was calmer because of the fact they were more or less eliminated and just needed to wait 60 minutes to make it official. But by the same token I was at one of Kovy's (if not first) regular season game as a Devil in the Garden and they were beyond obnoxious. Not just in general while watching the game, but even to me while I was sitting there minding my business and saying nothing to anyone. The whole idea is frustrating because it won't be limited to which arena you're in. It will be a pain in the ass in both buildings. And on non-game days. And every day before the series begins. And for a while after. Actually until the end of the playoffs. If they face each other in a conference finals, the losing side of that round will come out of the wood work if the winner loses in the Cup finals. It more or less would suck on many levels.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Captain Lou

Send a message via AIM to Captain Lou
Sestito played great. He had two incredible shifts in the first period.

Old
KohoDonuts88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
just think, if we got a bounce or a timely goal in game 1 in OT we would've swept these dudes
Perhaps, but then the space-time continuum would be altered, and who knows how the rest of the series turns out?

Old
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

I predicted this series would be over in 5 before it started.

However, I didn't think for a chance it would be the Devils who had a chance to do it. I am absolutely shocked at what we have witnessed, this team has been on a path of destruction in the playoffs with no signs of slowing down. If they can close this thing out on the road, woooow.

I don't know about you guys, but I certainly didn't expect this, but I am loving every second of it

Old
05-07-2012, 12:51 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Pierre's rental Caddilac was parked next to me and I had a chat with him after the game. I know you guys crap on him constantly but he's a really nice guy.... He kept saying "congrats" that the Devils are playing amazing and they are going to go deep into the playoffs. I also said "How do you like our crowd? We are trying to be loud for ya!" and he said that he personally thinks it's currently the loudest building in the league and he could hardly hear in there.

I met Bill Daly during game 6 of the Florida series. He was wasted haha.
Was it a rental? He did live in Englewood or Englewood Cliffs. My buddy fixed his garage door once.

They park right out there or was this the VIP garage?

I thought he was a Flyers homer, but really I'm impressed with him calling out the referees when they give the Devils stupid penalties.

I actually like Kenny Albert. Only game we lost this series was when Doc announced, and every other game he announced for us this season. Kenny Albert's voice is pretty funny.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:51 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

I too am shocked at how this team has performed. Had no idea they could be this dominant at even strength.

I think they found another gear in game 6 vs Florida. IMO they did not look fantastic before that.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:55 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I used to attend one game a year at MSG. Sometimes two.

I tried to make it out to The Coliseum twice a year as parking is better, and it's more convenient despite being further. The Isles fans are a lot nicer. Better atmosphere if you want less hostility.

I went to the MSG game in 11 where they hit the post as time expired. Devils won like 2-1? It was in February I believe after Jacques came back to coach.

Also went to the Marty shutout which ended in a shootout with the Devils winning. Lundqvist got the shutout also. It was Marty's first MSG shutout I believe. First shutout in the Garden. Was an awesome game.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Doc would have had a heart attack if he called the last couple games, so much action

Old
05-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Just Win
Free Larsson

vCash: 50
Winning is the best cure for mondays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
am I the only one that doesn't hate Pierre?
Nope, he is a weirdo sometimes but he definetly knows and loves the game. And that is all that matters.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:00 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
Doc would have had a heart attack if he called the last couple games, so much action
I kinda wish Doc was calling these games then we could have broken the Doc curse of him calling all our games this season which were losses.

We broke the winless against Clemmensen streak.

Broke the winless against Bryz streak.

Time to break the winless when Doc announces this year streak.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:04 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Funny story from tonight....

So I didnt know where my tix would be tonight until I picked them up at Will Call. Turns out they were LL and directly behind the goal, and on the Flyers attack 2x side. So given that last fact, there were probably more Flyers fans around me than most parts of the arena.

So the 2 rows in front of me had quite a few Philly fans. After the Zubrus ENG, this Flyers fan gets irate (red faced) and starts punching the crap out of the back of his seat. His girlfriend has to calm him down.... finally she succeeds in calming the guy down, but like 10 seconds later someone from above us (either the Restaurant or Balcony seating) POURS this victory confetti down and it absolutely rains down and COVERS these Flyers fans. This just sets the guy off again and he's all PIZZED. You really had to be there I guess, but it was just comedic gold.

Just to imagine how angry you are with the entire situation, you made this trip from Philly, team loses and is down 3-1, you finally calm down, and then you get covered in this celebration confetti from above.

It. Was. Truly. Fantastic.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:05 AM
KohoDonuts88

Pierre's a ******, but in the nicest possible way. He's loud, annoying and obnoxious, but I don't get the impressions he's got a mean-spirited bone in his body.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Larsson
4th Line Boys

I like Pierre because he's quirky as hell and has tremendous knowledge of the game

he can definitely get irritating at times though

Old
05-07-2012, 01:14 AM
TedenbysFrontTeeth
INFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
I too am shocked at how this team has performed. Had no idea they could be this dominant at even strength.

I think they found another gear in game 6 vs Florida. IMO they did not look fantastic before that.
On the brink of death the Devils persevered and overcame. I'd say they went Super Saiyan.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Nice to see the refs didn't screw us out of this game like they tried to last time

Old
05-07-2012, 01:15 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

We are now 7-8 at the Rock in the postseason.

Would be nice to get that record above .500

Old
05-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Jagr said if the Penguins hadn't made it to the second round in 99 they would be in Kansas City right now. I know he's just trying to take credit for all that, but I wonder what's happening with us since we got to the second round?

Old
05-07-2012, 01:25 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

FOUND IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP7Yl...layer_embedded

Old
05-07-2012, 01:27 AM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Marty is still letting too many goals in on too many short shooting spurts. He's my main concern going forward if we win this series. Lundqvist is a few levels above him and Holtby has been a rock/

Old
05-07-2012, 01:28 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

How about this..

If we wrap up this series and the Capitals take down the Rangers, we will have home ice advantage throughout the rest of the playoffs.

awesomeee

which also means that if we make it to the SCF, we will automatically have home ice advantage!

Old
05-07-2012, 01:30 AM
njdss4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
I predicted this series would be over in 5 before it started.

However, I didn't think for a chance it would be the Devils who had a chance to do it. I am absolutely shocked at what we have witnessed, this team has been on a path of destruction in the playoffs with no signs of slowing down. If they can close this thing out on the road, woooow.

I don't know about you guys, but I certainly didn't expect this, but I am loving every second of it

Old
05-07-2012, 01:31 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Wait, what?
In the 3rd Pierre was going on about how hot it was in the building and how it was making the ice bad. He kept going on about and Albert asked why it was so hot. He mentioned the obvious reasons all the concerts we just had but then also said all the fans in the place was making it to hot.

So in a round about way he was saying the amount of loud fans were literally melting the ice. Idk I got a kick out of that.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:32 AM
Hollywood163

Was there any explanation why Clarkson was knocked down to the 4th line halfway through the game?

Closed Thread