HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

List of candidates for Assistant GM's and Coach Part VIII

View Poll Results: Your choice for next HC
Marc Crawford 23 16.67%
Bob Hartley 47 34.06%
Michel Therrien 11 7.97%
Patrick Roy 49 35.51%
Guy Carbonneau 8 5.80%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 500
Awards:
List of candidates for Assistant GM's and Coach Part VIII

Continue here.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
05-06-2012, 10:12 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

With the Dudley news, gettin Quenneville would form a dream like staff for me, great hockey talent for top to bottom, perfect mix of youth and experience, and you got Boivin and Kevin Gilmore to deal with the cap/CBA.

Old
05-06-2012, 10:26 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
With the Dudley news, gettin Quenneville would form a dream like staff for me, great hockey talent for top to bottom, perfect mix of youth and experience, and you got Boivin and Kevin Gilmore to deal with the cap/CBA.

Patrick Boivin was hired by the Canadiens because his daddy is Pierre Boivin, not because he has what it takes to do an excellent job.

From the Canadiens website........

"He also assists the general manager in contract negotiations and cap management while acting as a liaison with Canadiens affiliate team in Hamilton."

How many posts have there been regarding the horrible contract given to the oft injured Markov?

No thanks. If Molson is serious about the Canadiens returning to past glory, the last vestiges of Pierre Boivin's reign need to be erased..............Patrick Boivin included.

Old
05-06-2012, 10:57 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I still think Babcock jumps ship and becomes the coach in Montreal.

waffledave
Old
05-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Isn't this a refreshing feeling?We could never think like this in a long time....Quality actually thinking about Montreal...

Old
05-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Patrick Boivin was hired by the Canadiens because his daddy is Pierre Boivin, not because he has what it takes to do an excellent job.

"He also assists the general manager in contract negotiations and cap management while acting as a liaison with Canadiens affiliate team in Hamilton."

How many posts have there been regarding the horrible contract given to the oft injured Markov?

No thanks. If Molson is serious about the Canadiens returning to past glory, the last vestiges of Pierre Boivin's reign need to be erased..............Patrick Boivin included.
Boivin jr needs to go, and i don't know the guy and he is probably a nice guy, BUT
for the single fact his father endorsed Pierre Gauthier for GM ,after turning every rock over!!!
I give Boivin jr the boot.

Out the door, maybe Toronto is hiring ..

Last edited by Habaneros: 05-06-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old
05-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Jack Bourdain
Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post

Old
05-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E
Well, first, Bob Hartley never won the Jack Adams.
Second, he got fired twice. Once after leading his to one cup and three conference finals. Why?
The other after leading a franchise to their first PO appearance. Why?
Third, he has not been hired by a NHL team since. Why?

Because he's a good coach? Yea, makes a lot of sense.

Now, being a good coach means having the ability to adapt properly. Can Hartley adapt? Can he change his ways? I have no clue. I only base my opinion on what I've seen and heard from him. If he changed, then that's great, but, just as it was for the GM, the interview process is what will determine who'll get the job. I wanted Bergevin here, so if he decides Hartley is the best guy, then I'll trust him and we'll see how it goes. But as it stands today, I have no interest in seeing this guy behind the bench.
You missed the point, but I'm not surprised. What I'm saying is that coaches get fired and it doesn't necessarily reflect on their quality.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:17 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Old
05-07-2012, 01:29 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I had no idea that Coach Q knew french (according to Friedman). If he's available, I'd love to grab him.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I had no idea that Coach Q knew french (according to Friedman). If he's available, I'd love to grab him.
Wouldn't JoŽl Quenneville be the most french name you could think of?

Old
05-07-2012, 01:35 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Wouldn't JoŽl Quenneville be the most french name you could think of?
Not really.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Not really.
Yeah JoŽl is a very common first name choice in anglo-saxon communities all around the world.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:53 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Yeah JoŽl is a very common first name choice in anglo-saxon communities all around the world.
I dont assume that somebody with a french sounding name automatically speaks french, especially if that person is not born in quebec, which joel is not.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:18 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

on HNIC they mentionned that Stan Bowman's sorta let know that he wasn't plenty satisfied with coaching done this year. Also talking about the hawks having 2 different camps of people with different mindsets. 1 of them included Tallon, Dudley, Bergevin, Quenneville.. the other 1 Bowman, macgiver, Smith ...which reinforces the fact Chicago would prolly let him walk away.

I'm not a hockey god but if you'd ask me I'd rather have Tallo, Dudley, Bergevin, Quenneville than the rest lol. Yes, Tallon messed up with signings like Campbell and Huet but god he turned the Hawks into a SC team and friggen did the same this year with Florida. Dudley in 1 year in Atlanta brought Chicago's underestimated guys like Ladd and Byfuglien with him for barely nothing in return. Quenneville never missed the playoffs, got to W conference final twice and won the SC once.

Fetching Dudley from Toronto is friggen awesome. As for Quenneville, I'd still prefer Babcock or idk, maybe Roy, but I definitly wouldn't be against him.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:23 AM
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
on HNIC they mentionned that Stan Bowman's sorta let know that he wasn't plenty satisfied with coaching done this year. Also talking about the hawks having 2 different camps of people with different mindsets. 1 of them included Tallon, Dudley, Bergevin, Quenneville.. the other 1 Bowman, macgiver, Smith ...which reinforces the fact Chicago would prolly let him walk away.

I'm not a hockey god but if you'd ask me I'd rather have Tallo, Dudley, Bergevin, Quenneville than the rest lol. Yes, Tallon messed up with signings like Campbell and Huet but god he turned the Hawks into a SC team and friggen did the same this year with Florida. Dudley in 1 year in Atlanta brought Chicago's underestimated guys like Ladd and Byfuglien with him for barely nothing in return. Quenneville never missed the playoffs, got to W conference final twice and won the SC once.

Fetching Dudley from Toronto is friggen awesome. As for Quenneville, I'd still prefer Babcock or idk, maybe Roy, but I definitly wouldn't be against him.
Tallon didn't want to sign either Campbell or Huet to his contracts, it was (I think) the team President who wanted to usher a new era of stars who forced his hand.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:29 AM
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む

Quote:

100% on the money.

Old
05-07-2012, 03:03 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
You missed the point, but I'm not surprised. What I'm saying is that coaches get fired and it doesn't necessarily reflect on their quality.
Quite ironic considering you missed mine.

Your point was that even great coaches get fired (which was the reason why you said you could name Jack Adams winners that get fired, right?). My point was that Hartley isn't a great coach, nor was he ever. That without his results in Colorado behind All-star teams, teams that would be clear favorites to win the cup today, you wouldn't even be talking about him. That you should be raising eyebrows when you're talking about a guy that has not generated interest around the league for the past 5 years despite having many position open.

Essentially, that bad/average coaches also get fired, and for a good reason. And that bad/average coaches are usually passed over for a reason.

I don't know why you constantly have to make these discussions personal btw. Funny considering you always claim to be more mature.

Old
05-07-2012, 07:26 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
According to Friedman (who doesn't know french himself), Quenneville knows French. But according to most French ppl Quenneville's level of French would not be passable. I like Quenneville as coach but his hiring goes contrary to Bergevin's comments during the presser where he stated that the coach would absolutely speak french. So I'm doubtful he'll be the guy.

Last edited by The Gal Pals: 05-07-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old
05-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Protest the Hero

Blackhawk fans are nearly universal in their hate for Quenneville at this point, although you could say the same about us with Martin, and he's still a good coach.

Old
05-07-2012, 08:31 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:

Boivin has no say in any hockey decisions, his job is simply cap numbers, so I don't see why he would need to be canned, the guy has the requirements(education) to do the job, and seeing how we don't have any cap issue's I stay there is nothing to prove that he isn't doing a good his job.

Also as I mentioned there is Kevin Gilmore at an even higher level who deals with the CBA.

Last edited by habs03: 05-07-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old
05-07-2012, 09:03 AM
glenn77

For possible coach candidates - what about Guy Carbonneau? If such names as Alain Vigneault or Michel Therrien can come back, why not Carbs?

Old
05-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

How was the Markov contract a horrible? Under normal circumstances he would have signed for about 7 mil/year.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn77 View Post
For possible coach candidates - what about Guy Carbonneau? If such names as Alain Vigneault or Michel Therrien can come back, why not Carbs?
I would take him ahead of Hartley and Therrien for sure.

I think Crawford and Vigneault could work but I would bring in a guy like Groulx as assistant.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
How was the Markov contract a horrible? Under normal circumstances he would have signed for about 7 mil/year.
Because memories only appear to last 15-45 days on HFBoards. It makes armchairing easier.

Closed Thread