HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

List of candidates for Assistant GM's and Coach Part VIII

View Poll Results: Your choice for next HC
Marc Crawford 23 16.67%
Bob Hartley 47 34.06%
Michel Therrien 11 7.97%
Patrick Roy 49 35.51%
Guy Carbonneau 8 5.80%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2012, 09:50 PM
  #1
Crimson Skorpion
Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,542
vCash: 500
Awards:
List of candidates for Assistant GM's and Coach Part VIII

Continue here.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
05-06-2012, 10:12 PM
  #2
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,698
vCash: 500
With the Dudley news, gettin Quenneville would form a dream like staff for me, great hockey talent for top to bottom, perfect mix of youth and experience, and you got Boivin and Kevin Gilmore to deal with the cap/CBA.


habs03 is offline  
Old
05-06-2012, 10:26 PM
  #3
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
With the Dudley news, gettin Quenneville would form a dream like staff for me, great hockey talent for top to bottom, perfect mix of youth and experience, and you got Boivin and Kevin Gilmore to deal with the cap/CBA.

Patrick Boivin was hired by the Canadiens because his daddy is Pierre Boivin, not because he has what it takes to do an excellent job.

From the Canadiens website........

"He also assists the general manager in contract negotiations and cap management while acting as a liaison with Canadiens affiliate team in Hamilton."

How many posts have there been regarding the horrible contract given to the oft injured Markov?

No thanks. If Molson is serious about the Canadiens returning to past glory, the last vestiges of Pierre Boivin's reign need to be erased..............Patrick Boivin included.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
05-06-2012, 10:57 PM
  #4
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,488
vCash: 500
I still think Babcock jumps ship and becomes the coach in Montreal.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline  
Old
05-06-2012, 11:03 PM
  #5
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I still think Babcock jumps ship and becomes the coach in Montreal.
Isn't this a refreshing feeling?We could never think like this in a long time....Quality actually thinking about Montreal...

Habaneros is offline  
Old
05-06-2012, 11:05 PM
  #6
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Patrick Boivin was hired by the Canadiens because his daddy is Pierre Boivin, not because he has what it takes to do an excellent job.

From the Canadiens website........

"He also assists the general manager in contract negotiations and cap management while acting as a liaison with Canadiens affiliate team in Hamilton."

How many posts have there been regarding the horrible contract given to the oft injured Markov?

No thanks. If Molson is serious about the Canadiens returning to past glory, the last vestiges of Pierre Boivin's reign need to be erased..............Patrick Boivin included.
Boivin jr needs to go, and i don't know the guy and he is probably a nice guy, BUT
for the single fact his father endorsed Pierre Gauthier for GM ,after turning every rock over!!!
I give Boivin jr the boot.

Out the door, maybe Toronto is hiring ..


Last edited by Habaneros: 05-06-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Habaneros is offline  
Old
05-06-2012, 11:23 PM
  #7
Jack Bourdain
Į\_(ツ)_/Į
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montrťal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I still think Babcock jumps ship and becomes the coach in Montreal.

Jack Bourdain is offline  
Old
05-06-2012, 11:54 PM
  #8
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E
Well, first, Bob Hartley never won the Jack Adams.
Second, he got fired twice. Once after leading his to one cup and three conference finals. Why?
The other after leading a franchise to their first PO appearance. Why?
Third, he has not been hired by a NHL team since. Why?

Because he's a good coach? Yea, makes a lot of sense.


Now, being a good coach means having the ability to adapt properly. Can Hartley adapt? Can he change his ways? I have no clue. I only base my opinion on what I've seen and heard from him. If he changed, then that's great, but, just as it was for the GM, the interview process is what will determine who'll get the job. I wanted Bergevin here, so if he decides Hartley is the best guy, then I'll trust him and we'll see how it goes. But as it stands today, I have no interest in seeing this guy behind the bench.
You missed the point, but I'm not surprised. What I'm saying is that coaches get fired and it doesn't necessarily reflect on their quality.

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 01:17 AM
  #9
MooseOllini
BobBarker
 
MooseOllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,872
vCash: 500

MooseOllini is online now  
Old
05-07-2012, 01:29 AM
  #10
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,692
vCash: 500
I had no idea that Coach Q knew french (according to Friedman). If he's available, I'd love to grab him.

Hackett is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 01:33 AM
  #11
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pominville, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,751
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I had no idea that Coach Q knew french (according to Friedman). If he's available, I'd love to grab him.
Wouldn't JoŽl Quenneville be the most french name you could think of?

Alexdaman is online now  
Old
05-07-2012, 01:35 AM
  #12
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Wouldn't JoŽl Quenneville be the most french name you could think of?
Not really.

overlords is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 01:37 AM
  #13
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pominville, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,751
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Not really.
Yeah JoŽl is a very common first name choice in anglo-saxon communities all around the world.

Alexdaman is online now  
Old
05-07-2012, 01:53 AM
  #14
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Yeah JoŽl is a very common first name choice in anglo-saxon communities all around the world.
I dont assume that somebody with a french sounding name automatically speaks french, especially if that person is not born in quebec, which joel is not.

Hackett is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 02:18 AM
  #15
MooseOllini
BobBarker
 
MooseOllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,872
vCash: 500
on HNIC they mentionned that Stan Bowman's sorta let know that he wasn't plenty satisfied with coaching done this year. Also talking about the hawks having 2 different camps of people with different mindsets. 1 of them included Tallon, Dudley, Bergevin, Quenneville.. the other 1 Bowman, macgiver, Smith ...which reinforces the fact Chicago would prolly let him walk away.

I'm not a hockey god but if you'd ask me I'd rather have Tallo, Dudley, Bergevin, Quenneville than the rest lol. Yes, Tallon messed up with signings like Campbell and Huet but god he turned the Hawks into a SC team and friggen did the same this year with Florida. Dudley in 1 year in Atlanta brought Chicago's underestimated guys like Ladd and Byfuglien with him for barely nothing in return. Quenneville never missed the playoffs, got to W conference final twice and won the SC once.

Fetching Dudley from Toronto is friggen awesome. As for Quenneville, I'd still prefer Babcock or idk, maybe Roy, but I definitly wouldn't be against him.

MooseOllini is online now  
Old
05-07-2012, 02:23 AM
  #16
WhiskeySeven
Avatard
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
on HNIC they mentionned that Stan Bowman's sorta let know that he wasn't plenty satisfied with coaching done this year. Also talking about the hawks having 2 different camps of people with different mindsets. 1 of them included Tallon, Dudley, Bergevin, Quenneville.. the other 1 Bowman, macgiver, Smith ...which reinforces the fact Chicago would prolly let him walk away.

I'm not a hockey god but if you'd ask me I'd rather have Tallo, Dudley, Bergevin, Quenneville than the rest lol. Yes, Tallon messed up with signings like Campbell and Huet but god he turned the Hawks into a SC team and friggen did the same this year with Florida. Dudley in 1 year in Atlanta brought Chicago's underestimated guys like Ladd and Byfuglien with him for barely nothing in return. Quenneville never missed the playoffs, got to W conference final twice and won the SC once.

Fetching Dudley from Toronto is friggen awesome. As for Quenneville, I'd still prefer Babcock or idk, maybe Roy, but I definitly wouldn't be against him.
Tallon didn't want to sign either Campbell or Huet to his contracts, it was (I think) the team President who wanted to usher a new era of stars who forced his hand.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 02:29 AM
  #17
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む
 
Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Patrick Boivin was hired by the Canadiens because his daddy is Pierre Boivin, not because he has what it takes to do an excellent job.

From the Canadiens website........

"He also assists the general manager in contract negotiations and cap management while acting as a liaison with Canadiens affiliate team in Hamilton."

How many posts have there been regarding the horrible contract given to the oft injured Markov?

No thanks. If Molson is serious about the Canadiens returning to past glory, the last vestiges of Pierre Boivin's reign need to be erased..............Patrick Boivin included.
100% on the money.

Nakamura is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 03:03 AM
  #18
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
You missed the point, but I'm not surprised. What I'm saying is that coaches get fired and it doesn't necessarily reflect on their quality.
Quite ironic considering you missed mine.

Your point was that even great coaches get fired (which was the reason why you said you could name Jack Adams winners that get fired, right?). My point was that Hartley isn't a great coach, nor was he ever. That without his results in Colorado behind All-star teams, teams that would be clear favorites to win the cup today, you wouldn't even be talking about him. That you should be raising eyebrows when you're talking about a guy that has not generated interest around the league for the past 5 years despite having many position open.

Essentially, that bad/average coaches also get fired, and for a good reason. And that bad/average coaches are usually passed over for a reason.

I don't know why you constantly have to make these discussions personal btw. Funny considering you always claim to be more mature.

Kriss E is online now  
Old
05-07-2012, 07:26 AM
  #19
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab
 
The Gal Pals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I had no idea that Coach Q knew french (according to Friedman). If he's available, I'd love to grab him.
According to Friedman (who doesn't know french himself), Quenneville knows French. But according to most French ppl Quenneville's level of French would not be passable. I like Quenneville as coach but his hiring goes contrary to Bergevin's comments during the presser where he stated that the coach would absolutely speak french. So I'm doubtful he'll be the guy.


Last edited by The Gal Pals: 05-07-2012 at 07:51 AM.
The Gal Pals is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 07:51 AM
  #20
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Blackhawk fans are nearly universal in their hate for Quenneville at this point, although you could say the same about us with Martin, and he's still a good coach.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 08:31 AM
  #21
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Patrick Boivin was hired by the Canadiens because his daddy is Pierre Boivin, not because he has what it takes to do an excellent job.

From the Canadiens website........

"He also assists the general manager in contract negotiations and cap management while acting as a liaison with Canadiens affiliate team in Hamilton."

How many posts have there been regarding the horrible contract given to the oft injured Markov?

No thanks. If Molson is serious about the Canadiens returning to past glory, the last vestiges of Pierre Boivin's reign need to be erased..............Patrick Boivin included.
Boivin has no say in any hockey decisions, his job is simply cap numbers, so I don't see why he would need to be canned, the guy has the requirements(education) to do the job, and seeing how we don't have any cap issue's I stay there is nothing to prove that he isn't doing a good his job.

Also as I mentioned there is Kevin Gilmore at an even higher level who deals with the CBA.


Last edited by habs03: 05-07-2012 at 08:55 AM.
habs03 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 09:03 AM
  #22
glenn77
Registered User
 
glenn77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
For possible coach candidates - what about Guy Carbonneau? If such names as Alain Vigneault or Michel Therrien can come back, why not Carbs?

glenn77 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 09:09 AM
  #23
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Patrick Boivin was hired by the Canadiens because his daddy is Pierre Boivin, not because he has what it takes to do an excellent job.

From the Canadiens website........

"He also assists the general manager in contract negotiations and cap management while acting as a liaison with Canadiens affiliate team in Hamilton."

How many posts have there been regarding the horrible contract given to the oft injured Markov?

No thanks. If Molson is serious about the Canadiens returning to past glory, the last vestiges of Pierre Boivin's reign need to be erased..............Patrick Boivin included.
How was the Markov contract a horrible? Under normal circumstances he would have signed for about 7 mil/year.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 09:10 AM
  #24
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn77 View Post
For possible coach candidates - what about Guy Carbonneau? If such names as Alain Vigneault or Michel Therrien can come back, why not Carbs?
I would take him ahead of Hartley and Therrien for sure.

I think Crawford and Vigneault could work but I would bring in a guy like Groulx as assistant.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 09:17 AM
  #25
Tusk
Registered User
 
Tusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
How was the Markov contract a horrible? Under normal circumstances he would have signed for about 7 mil/year.
Because memories only appear to last 15-45 days on HFBoards. It makes armchairing easier.

Tusk is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.