HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Toronto Maple Leafs will try to move up from 5th overall at the 2012 NHL draft

Old
05-13-2012, 04:31 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Slick View Post
Ok, I never do this but I am going to put an idea out there. Tell me if you'd do it. Please be kind, think about the deal before flaming.

First, leaving us will be Gardiner, Komisarek and one of Ashton or Colbourne and our 5th.

Coming back is Columbus's second overall and Rick Nash.

We roll the second for Edmontons first and add Gunnarson. He would be a good fit in Edmonton and they need D men big time. We draft Yukapov and have one of the premier scores in the league and a true power forward in Rick Nash.

We are still set on D with a few Marlies ready to make the jump. We draw in a big contract but also lose one in Komi. The over/under is how good Gardiner will become. If he becomes the next Scot Niedermayer, i'd be hung if I was Gm, but thats the risk one takes when making a deal like this. BB will put something together like this I am sure. Parise and Suter will re-sign.

To make room on the forward lines, I'd roll a few of them like Mac and Bozie for picks. I'd have no problem putting connolly on the third line for one more year, then kick his ass to the curb.
Columbus says an easy no. Seriously, this isn't even close enough for them to say yes...

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 04:56 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

if you ask me the only way burke is going to get any improvement to the leafs 2 of the following will have to be dealt:

-futures (1st and 2nd- either in 2013 or 2014)
-our first pick (2012)
-gardiner
-lupul
-kadri
-schenn
-grabo

in doing so we'll be lucky to upgrade in one area and that includes goaltending.

the reality:

burke has assembled a lot of soft losers. beyond that he has to give up someone who is young and nhl ready. possibly serviceable players like schenn, lupul, or kadri.

that's how it goes. other then the people i mentioned, who are other players we have that teams desperately want? brown? bozak? you think burke will deal kessel after all the hubbub? he's too proud.

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Brown Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
My memory fails me sometimes, but was that the summer he targetted Hank and Danny?
I think it was, yes.

Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 06:27 PM
noway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
...that's how it goes. other then the people i mentioned, who are other players we have that teams desperately want? brown? bozak? you think burke will deal kessel after all the hubbub? he's too proud.
If it means keeping or losing his job I think he will deal Kessel and Phaneuf as long as he is getting top players back.

noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:11 PM
notdoneyet

I dont thnk Kessell or Phaneuf are going anywhere unless THEY ask for a trade/
In my opinion there are only three players on the leafs who BB will NOT trade
and they are the two mentioned above a Gradiner. Thats it!

Anyone and everyone and not named above on the big team,
draft picks and prospects will be traded if BB can find a #1C,
top six Power forward and a goaltender.

For example and I just mean as an example he will trade the 5th
overall plus plus plus for someone like Getzlaf is he is available .

He will do Schenn for JVR in a heartbeat if that trade is possible

He will trade whatever he has to for Luongo.

With those three pieces, plus Phaneuf,Kessell, Lupul,Grabovski
and Gardiner he will be very happy to give up anyone else on the team.

Lupul Getzlaf Kessell
Macarthur Grabovski JVR

Thats a pretty nice top 6

Phaneuf
Gardiner
Gunnarsson
Liles

All kinds of players left for free agency(and not break the bank) or within the system to fill out the third or fourth line. As an example

Armstrong Stoll(FA good third line center with size) Frattin
Brown Steckel Prust(FA tough and good penalty killer)
Orr/Rosehill

Dmen Holzer, Blacker,Percey or a 5/6 veeren dman from free agency Barrett Jackman.Oduya,Rozival,Obrien etc lots of FA dmen to pick from if needed

Reimer Luongo in net
If Reimer is used as trade then Scrivens as backup

Bingo bigger meaner and playoff bound

notdoneyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:20 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crump View Post
Here is a news flash. Burke, love him or hate him, has successfully traded seemingly untradable players for decent return on a yearly basis. It's like some people just started watching hockey this season.
Other than when he traded Blake for an equally bad contract in return in Giguere what are all these trades where he traded seemingly untradable players for decent returns?

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 12:34 AM
blueNwhite89

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Other than when he traded Blake for an equally bad contract in return in Giguere what are all these trades where he traded seemingly untradable players for decent returns?
lebda trade comes to mind

blueNwhite89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:03 AM
hdtrax

Burke will get good value out of at least 1 of LACK this summer. Some of the dead weight has to go because younger players are getting close to NHL regular status (Frattin, Kadri, possibly D'Amigo in a short stint next season). Of course they have to earn their spots.

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote