HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We NEED To Win This Series

Old
05-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I doubt it. This team had enough scoring problems right now. Gabby's contract is done in 2 years, and Richards will be in his mid-30s by then. Gabby leaving could potentially be replaced with another high-priced UFA if one will be available, but Richards will keep getting big money despite a slow down in performance.

Unless either Thomas or St. Croix breaks out as a 70-80 point player, I dont see how we will have the offense to compete for the Cup ady that point.

Our window to win is this year plus two more seasons after this one. After that, it is possible, but not necessarily likely unless we get really like with a prospect or a trade.
Sounds like a multi-year window to me.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 02:18 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I doubt it. This team had enough scoring problems right now. Gabby's contract is done in 2 years, and Richards will be in his mid-30s by then. Gabby leaving could potentially be replaced with another high-priced UFA if one will be available, but Richards will keep getting big money despite a slow down in performance.

Unless either Thomas or St. Croix breaks out as a 70-80 point player, I dont see how we will have the offense to compete for the Cup ady that point.

Our window to win is this year plus two more seasons after this one. After that, it is possible, but not necessarily likely unless we get really like with a prospect or a trade.
Lundqvist is 30 and our defense is primed to be top notch for a good 5-7 yrs imo. Krieder gets a full camp and season next year. Dubinsky most likely is moved to bring in another top 3 winger. We've got cap space to make a move or two this off season. Gaborik can be resigned, or the $ can be used to bring in another top UFA as you've mentioned.

This team has a much bigger window than 2 yrs! lol. We just have to get some serious offense in front of Lundqvist!

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

#becauseitsthecup

Swagelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 02:43 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
If the Rangers lose it'll be because they can't score. If they could score, then the Penguins & Bruins wouldn't be a problem. So in that sense, it doesn't matter to me what opponents have already been knocked out because it's a wash.

That being said, they need to win because of all the hard work they put in all season. it's been such a hard fought grind, the team deserves to get something out of this

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote