HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF Game 5: 5/7/12 7:30 EDT: THE NEW YORK RANGERS Vs. Mystery, Alaska Capitals

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2012, 01:15 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
i just want the caps to win. that said the blocked shot has surpassed the trap as the doom of hockey.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:15 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Doubt that the 8th seeded Los Angeles Kings fan base is saying today "we're just happy to be here and everything's gravy from here on out no matter how they perform".

You knock off both 1st and 2nd seeded teams, you have to start getting pumped.
The Kings did things to improve their team down the stretch. While GMGM was busy "holding his cards"(coughwidemancoughcoughcoughcough) and acquiring the Marshalls and Mike Carmans of the world, the Kings were acquiring Jeff Carter. Their fans were given assurance from their GM that they were at least trying. The Caps? The Caps did nothing but continue to stumble down the stretch.

Because its the Caps.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
I quietly have some expectations, which I don't want to talk about. I'm still expecting to be disappointed, as I should, but they've shown something that I can't ignore. We really just shouldn't talk about it. Go out and win tonight.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:44 PM
kicksavedave
yeahright

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKonoForever View Post
Another...because its the caps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J__Iqu1ZcDc

I will see you that game 7 and raise you THIS game 7.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:46 PM
kmart

Send a message via MSN to kmart

Old
05-07-2012, 01:50 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
The Kings did things to improve their team down the stretch. While GMGM was busy "holding his cards"(coughwidemancoughcoughcoughcough) and acquiring the Marshalls and Mike Carmans of the world, the Kings were acquiring Jeff Carter. Their fans were given assurance from their GM that they were at least trying. The Caps? The Caps did nothing but continue to stumble down the stretch.

Because its the Caps.
Last I checked the Caps are doing pretty darn well in these playoffs. Also if GMGM added salary we would not have been able to activate Backstrom for the last few games of the season giving him much need work to shake the rust.

I'm glad GMGM didn't trade away the future first and foremost. We've all debated the Wideman thing and we'll see how that pans out.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:59 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
We've all debated the Wideman thing and we'll see how that pans out.
Um. We already know how it turns out. He has been on the ice for 40% of the even strength goals we have given up. Short of winning three series by himself, I don't think he can redeem himself.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:09 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Um. We already know how it turns out. He has been on the ice for 40% of the even strength goals we have given up. Short of winning three series by himself, I don't think he can redeem himself.
We have 2 rounds to play after this one. Let's see if he comes up big.

Remember the hate Ward got? That all got washed away by one single goal.

I have a feeling #6 will come up big for us somehow

Old
05-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

No he won't. He sucks.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Stewie G

Quote:
We have 2 rounds to play after this one. Let's see if he comes up big.

Remember the hate Ward got? That all got washed away by one single goal.

I have a feeling #6 will come up big for us somehow
My heart tells me that he has some part to play yet, for good or ill, before the end.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Harvey Specter
Boooooone

less wideman, less aucoin, more forecheck, more win.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:12 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Last I checked the Caps are doing pretty darn well in these playoffs. Also if GMGM added salary we would not have been able to activate Backstrom for the last few games of the season giving him much need work to shake the rust.

I'm glad GMGM didn't trade away the future first and foremost. We've all debated the Wideman thing and we'll see how that pans out.
1. The Kings have done better. It took them 9 games to win 8. They didn't win those games with limp noodles and biting their nails.

2. You do know you can dump salary via trade? Especially Wideman's.

3. He didn't trade the future, correct. He also didn't improve the future and kept a bunch of useless, overpriced contracts on the team.

4. Wideman...pans out? Dude is @#$^ing terrible.

Boom!

Old
05-07-2012, 02:14 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

I believe Wideman was retained for 4 obvious reasons.

Because George wanted insurance for how well Mike Green would respond to injury. Because contenders don't sell, because the market sucked, and because he covets puck movers.

Wideman is pretty much Wideman as advertised when we got him, right? He just exceeded expectations this fall. While there was a window to sell "high", it was not a priority to George. He doesn't sell on the high's very often.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:15 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
closing the book before the story is over can cause all kinds of problems. two words. wendell willkie.

the guy could score one well timed goal and earn his keep. lets let it play out.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Stewie G

Quote:
1. The Kings have done better. It took them 9 games to win 8. They didn't win those games with limp noodles and biting their nails.

2. You do know you can dump salary via trade? Especially Wideman's.

3. He didn't trade the future, correct. He also didn't improve the future and kept a bunch of useless, overpriced contracts on the team.

4. Wideman...pans out? Dude is @#$^ing terrible.

Boom!
I can't believe GMGM wasn't able to unable a bunch of useless, overpriced players. Teams must have been lining up to take those contracts off his hands.

Ignoring that aspect, most of those players have been key contributors thus far and who knows what injuries might crop up if the run continues. Hindsight is 20/20 and we haven't even reached the end of the road yet.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:16 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I believe Wideman was retained for 4 obvious reasons.

Because George wanted insurance for how well Mike Green would respond to injury. Because contenders don't sell, because the market sucked, because he covets puck movers.

Wideman is pretty much Wideman as advertised when we got him, right? He just exceeded expectations this fall. While there was a window to sell "high", it was not a priority to George.

We could have just "sold" and played Orlov/Erskine who have looked better than Wideman in the playoffs, even with the Russian guy not even getting a jersey.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:17 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
My heart tells me that he has some part to play yet, for good or ill, before the end.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:18 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
closing the book before the story is over can cause all kinds of problems. two words. wendell willkie.

the guy could score one well timed goal and earn his keep. lets let it play out.
And that goal will remove the fact he's a huge part as to why those games were played with our backs against the ropes...yes?

Old
05-07-2012, 02:19 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Expecting a big game from SOB tonight. There's no doubt the Caps are breaking down the Rags defense pretty easily. Lundqvist has saved the Rags bacon the last 2 games (but Rags fans will say he played bad in game 4, because of the 3 GA. News flash it would have been 6 GA without him!). Semin has 0 goals this series. Expect that to change and for Backstrom to keep playing like he was pre-injury. Ovechkin has looked good too. Lets ****ing go Caps! Caps in 6!

Old
05-07-2012, 02:26 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Quote:
We could have just "sold" and played Orlov/Erskine who have looked better than Wideman in the playoffs, even with the Russian guy not even getting a jersey.
How many puck movers were injured exactly a year ago? I think you have forgotten our recent history of injured Dmen in the playoffs. Need a recap?

While I love to see kids moved up into the lineup Orlov would be getting a ton of TOI, you are assuming he would do better than Wides. Maybe he does. But maybe he doesn't.

Sit Orlov, you are looking at a Sarge / Erskine pairing.

George would call you a poor GM. Moving Wides for a 3rd two years from now is not as important as depth.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:28 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Wideman wouldn't have brought a third. He would have returned a first AND he would be ruining someone else's postseason.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:28 PM
txpd

Quote:
it would appear that the coach who choses he lineup doesnt want erskine or orlov in the game. i suppose its possible that both mcphee and hunter are just butt dumb and cant see what anyone with eyes can see, which is wideman isnt an nhl player and the two defensemen that cant get in the lineup are both better.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:29 PM
beast8812

Because green wants to celebrate, again.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:30 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
How many puck movers were injured exactly a year ago? I think you have forgotten our recent history of injured Dmen in the playoffs. Need a recap?

While I love to see kids moved up into the lineup Orlov would be getting a ton of TOI, you are assuming he would do better than Wides. Maybe he does. But maybe he doesn't.

Sit Orlov, you are looking at a Sarge / Erskine pairing.

George would call you a poor GM. Moving Wides for a 3rd two years from now is not as important as depth.
Are people really not noticing how awful Wideman really is? Good lord, it's not a matter of "maybe he would do better than Wideman". I'd rather have Garrett Haar out there.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:31 PM
txpd

funny. round two stanley cup playoffs. tied 2-2. game 5 in a couple of hours. here? arguing about the suck factor of the team. typical. sad.

Closed Thread