Notices

Would Tobias Enstrom be available if...

Old
04-13-2012, 12:04 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

vCash: 50
Would Tobias Enstrom be available if...

Hey fellas, would Would Tobias Enstrom be available if a a overpayment came the Jets way(don't really know what that is) or would it be a no go because Tobias Enstrom is untouchable. But I think if a team came to the Jets with an offer for Tobias Enstrom that blew them out of the water(overpayment) I really don't know how they turn that down. What do you all think? And what are you are thoughts on what that overpayment maybe?

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
Hey fellas, would Would Tobias Enstrom be available if a a overpayment came the Jets way(don't really know what that is) or would it be a no go because Tobias Enstrom is untouchable. But I think if a team came to the Jets with an offer for Tobias Enstrom that blew them out of the water(overpayment) I really don't know how they turn that down. What do you all think? And what are you are thoughts on what that overpayment maybe?
You'll find a wide range of opinions here as to whether or not Enstrom is an untouchable.

You are a Flames fan? The Jets needs are top 6 forwards and size there as well preferably. Doubt with your rebuild that you've any assets up front that management here would covet.

If you can figure out a way to send us either Getzlaf or Perry in a three-way deal it might help.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 314
There was a good discussion on Enstrom here, FYI.

That's a hard question to answer. Each and every person seems to have their own opinion on Enstrom, and thus would have their own opinion on what would be fair value for him. As far as Enstrom being an untouchable though, I really don't believe he is. Like Gump said above, there really is no consensus even on this matter.

If the return is a consistent 60+ point forward (preferably a centre) or a proven first-pairing shutdown guy with size, I think it's definitely worth considering. You can command a premium for PMDs, and IMO we've got the luxury of having a second one on our roster who is younger, bigger, and nastier.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 04-13-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:31 PM
sully1410

I'd only trade Enstrom if the benefits out weighed the losses

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:36 PM
WaveRaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I'd only trade Enstrom if the benefits out weighed the losses
What if Postma is ready, he seems to be .... would that make Toby more expendable ?

We need size and top 6 forwards if we couild fill that need and Postma is ready ... I'd do it.

WaveRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

I would trade him, but for only the right return.
Top 6 forward and a solid (top 4) d man... maybe even a pick.

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player

Last edited by Pavelec4MVP: 04-13-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Pavelec4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveRaven View Post
What if Postma is ready, he seems to be .... would that make Toby more expendable ?

We need size and top 6 forwards if we couild fill that need and Postma is ready ... I'd do it.
Yes but getting rid of a top 1-2 d-man for Postma who right now is a #5-6 isn't exactly a simple move.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:46 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I remember seeing a few Duchene-for-Enstrom proposals a few weeks back.

As much as I like Enstrom, if we could get Duchene for him, I'd do it.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:48 PM
WaveRaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Yes but getting rid of a top 1-2 d-man for Postma who right now is a #5-6 isn't exactly a simple move.
I know but they are both softer/offensive players .... Who is going to go to get postma in though on team that lacks size and toughness ? Not Staurt or Bogo or Buff or Hainsey. Unless they bring in Postma as a 6-7th but I don't think they will.

Look I am not a Tobay Hater I just think to get Postma in, if they think he's ready and if you could improve up front Toby is the logical choice to move.

Old
04-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post

Honestly, any GM who wouldn't trade Toby Enstrom for Matt Duschene is probably now a commentator on Sportsnet or HNIC

Whether or not you like or love Toby, you don't get a guy like Duschene every day. He is the real deal, and super young still.

Jet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
I know but they are both softer/offensive players .... Who is going to go to get postma in though on team that lacks size and toughness ? Not Staurt or Bogo or Buff or Hainsey. Unless they bring in Postma as a 6-7th but I don't think they will.

Look I am not a Tobay Hater I just think to get Postma in, if they think he's ready and if you could improve up front Toby is the logical choice to move.
Well yeah, they're both softer/offensive players, the difference is that Toby was a top 10 d-man in the league and an all star a year ago. Postma is having problems defending in the minors.

Look, I like Postma as much as the next guy, but there is no way in hell that he's taking Tobys spot on the team. That would make our top 4 so much weaker it's not even funny. If Postma is taking anyones spot soon, it will be the #6 d-mans, probably going with some PP time too.

Romang67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:05 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Honestly, any GM who wouldn't trade Toby Enstrom for Matt Duschene is probably now a commentator on Sportsnet or HNIC

Whether or not you like or love Toby, you don't get a guy like Duschene every day. He is the real deal, and super young still.
Now I had to double check this just to make sure but Duchene had 5 less points then Enstrom did in only 4 less games.... Yeah, that's a little surprising. Just some food for thought though.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:08 PM
WaveRaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
Well yeah, they're both softer/offensive players, the difference is that Toby was a top 10 d-man in the league and an all star a year ago. Postma is having problems defending in the minors.

Look, I like Postma as much as the next guy, but there is no way in hell that he's taking Tobys spot on the team. That would make our top 4 so much weaker it's not even funny. If Postma is taking anyones spot soon, it will be the #6 d-mans, probably going with some PP time too.
Ok who goes to make room then ? And what do we have of value to trade for forwards ?

Postma's a first team all star in the minors voted on by coaches ! So I hope all our prospects struggle like that in the A.

Old
04-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Enstrom is NOT going anywhere. He's the Jets best defenseman. How many times does this need to be repeated. Absolutely untouchable.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:12 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
IMHO this will all come down to whether Toby wants to be a Jet long term and I am hoping we know that sooner rather than later. He is coming into the last year of his contract and if he plans to go the UFA route next summer then I assume our management would be actively shopping him and that could be as soon as this upcoming draft. If Toby is willing to commit to the Jets long term then I think he is a piece they will keep in place for a while.

I guess this is why Chevy makes the big bucks

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Ok who goes to make room then ? And what do we have of value to trade for forwards ?

Postma's a first team all star in the minors voted on by coaches ! So I hope all our prospects struggle like that in the A.
Well, he is great offensively. I'm just going after what I've read in the prospects thread.

If Postma gets a bit bigger, he can take Clitsomes spot, or maybe even Hainseys if he gets alot better defensively. But he goes nowhere near the top pairing until he's ready.

I don't really know who to trade for forwards, but I don't want to give up good defensive players on a bad defensive team. If Buff shapes up his defensive game, then maybe. But right now, we are really discussing whether we should create a bigger hole defensively to get better offensively, something I don't like the idea of.

Romang67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:22 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian North View Post
Enstrom is NOT going anywhere. He's the Jets best defenseman. How many times does this need to be repeated. Absolutely untouchable.
Serious question and not flaming since I like Toby, what should our coarse of acton be if he doesn't want to play in Winnipeg long term Canadain North?

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
Not our best defenseman and definitely not untouchable. You can keep repeating it but it won't become true.

There's not an untouchable player in this organization and if there were, Enstrom certainly wouldn't be at the top of the list.

I wouldn't want to see him go but every player has a value and if the right offer comes along, so be it.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 01:50 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
You'll find a wide range of opinions here as to whether or not Enstrom is an untouchable.

You are a Flames fan? The Jets needs are top 6 forwards and size there as well preferably. Doubt with your rebuild that you've any assets up front that management here would covet.

If you can figure out a way to send us either Getzlaf or Perry in a three-way deal it might help.

The Flames management has gotten ludacris and they have driven me far away(I still like the team cause I live in the city but I don't follow the team like I use to, if they do something good then I will). I am not asking from the Flames team but from general NHL teams. The team I love and follow the Pittsburgh Penguins, Winnipeg Jets and the New Rangers.

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1350
The Jets overall are a very small and soft team. Only four other teams gave up more goals against. They'll also eventually be moving into the much bigger Western Conference. They are likely to be seeking to get much bigger and more difficult to play against as a result. One of the ways to accomplish this would be to trade the smallest and softest player on the team and replace him with internal help on the point and preferably with a larger forward or two (or three) via trades and free agency.

This isn't at all a case of blaming Enstrom for either the g.a.a. or his size; is rather simply a possible partial potential solution for what in reality is a small and soft team. The player isn't the issue but rather the team chemistry, its overall makeup. He would also command the best return as of now for what constitutes what the Jets can afford to offer to others.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post

The Avs-Jets trade proposal that seemed to gain better traction was Enstrom for Stastny. IMO, that's a deal that I'd pull the trigger on, or some slight variation thereof.

If there was something Chevy could throw in to get Ryan O'Byrne from them as well, that would be worth considering. Based on the opinions of him on the Avs board, he sounds exactly like someone that would benefit the Jets.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 04-13-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Peter Tagli Eddie
All 3 of them?

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
Not our best defenseman and definitely not untouchable. You can keep repeating it but it won't become true.

There's not an untouchable player in this organization and if there were, Enstrom certainly wouldn't be at the top of the list.

I wouldn't want to see him go but every player has a value and if the right offer comes along, so be it.
This x 1,000.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 04-13-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Peter Tagli Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:09 PM
jetkarma

Quote:

Absolutely untrue.

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:09 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

I like Postma... but he is also (although taller) small just like Enstrom... also, he is RH and Enstrom is LH and Enstrom is a proven 1st line NHLer while Postma is more likely a great 2nd pair D

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 02:10 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

also, no one is untouchable... everyone has a price

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote