HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: Do or Die (or Both, or Neither)

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2012, 05:35 PM
XX
... Waiting

vCash: 500
The Council is so stupid. It doesn't matter if you live in Glendale or not. That's tax revenue being generated at Westgate/the Arena. You don't build the stadium and the arena solely for Glendale. They were built to bring in revenue from across the state. I wouldn't care, as council, if zero people from Glendale attended Coyote games if it was a huge financial gain for the city. Neither should they. If they wan't to keep prancing around and acting like "Glendale's Got Game" then the council must realize this is bigger than the city.

Will someone please verbally ***** slap them with some variation of the above? I beg you. This is a rare opportunity to force feed them common business sense.

Old
05-07-2012, 05:36 PM
CitizenCoyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
huh?
Best guess? They learned their lesson a year ago, and have been not so subtly obfuscating. GWI gets only a bit more than a day to mobilize.

Old
05-07-2012, 05:39 PM
CitizenCoyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
The Council is so stupid. It doesn't matter if you live in Glendale or not. That's tax revenue being generated at Westgate/the Arena. You don't build the stadium and the arena solely for Glendale. They were built to bring in revenue from across the state. I wouldn't care, as council, if zero people from Glendale attended Coyote games if it was a huge financial gain for the city. Neither should they. If they wan't to keep prancing around and acting like "Glendale's Got Game" then the council must realize this is bigger than the city.

Will someone please verbally ***** slap them with some variation of the above? I beg you. This is a rare opportunity to force feed them common business sense.
You can't vote for them (or against them) if you live outside of Glendale.

The bottom line is that pretty much every one on the council knows where they stand right now. The time for debating things on the merits is over. This is about politics. If you have a roomfull of people making arguments about revenues or whatever, it's good. If you have a roomfull of people making the point that if there is a fourth no vote on this they will be motivated to show up at the next council election, that's much much better.

Old
05-07-2012, 05:39 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Clark says it's a change in strategy, perhaps they are trying to show the recalcitrant two (or three) that there really are Glendale residents who support the team?

Old
05-07-2012, 05:42 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

I think the council doesn't want to be inundated with Coyote fan testimonials until 10p again. I think they know how we collectively feel, and I'm 99% sure they know how to vote at this time and the hastily put together meeting is to fly under the radar and to get the deal done. The Council knows its a bigger than just residence deal, but politically it would carry more gravity for people that live in Glendale to testify. Glendale residence directly pay property taxes to the City. Visitors, like myself, contribute just sales taxes. Plus residence of Glendale VOTE for council. Council clearly wants to limit debate just to the voters of the town, I have no issue with this.

Its like that book Animal Farm; all animals are created equal just some are more equal. Same deal here.

Old
05-07-2012, 05:42 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Xtra 910 tweeted that they will carry the press conference live at 6p.

Old
05-07-2012, 05:46 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
Clark says it's a change in strategy, perhaps they are trying to show the recalcitrant two (or three) that there really are Glendale residents who support the team?
The so-called recalcitrant 'three' should be taken out back and dispatched, old yeller style. You don't come this far to **** the bed.

Old
05-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Mossy

I doubt they announce the sale tonight unless they already know how the COG will vote.

Old
05-07-2012, 05:59 PM
pfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
I doubt they announce the sale tonight unless they already know how the COG will vote.
I'm not so sure about that. If the team ends up moving it would sure go a long ways to moving the blame away from the NHL.

Old
05-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

COG has little to no power in the deal. That is just a sham mostly.

NHL and new owner can and will get what they want

Old
05-07-2012, 06:32 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Hawks fan coming in peace here. I mean no harm!

There is the possibility of a relocation announcement. For all we know, it could be a folding announcement. While many expect it to be a presser regarding the "sale" of the Coyotes, at long last, I wouldn't necessarily say I'm expecting it to be this, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Nordiques officially return later tonight.

Last edited by BBH: 05-07-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Nevermind.
Old
05-07-2012, 06:34 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
J-Rock in the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelugasandBHawks View Post

There is the possibility of a relocation announcement. For all we know, it could be a folding announcement. While many expect it to be a presser regarding the "sale" of the Coyotes, at long last, I wouldn't necessarily say I'm expecting it to be this, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Nordiques officially return later tonight.
Yeah............Thanks for stopping by.

Old
05-07-2012, 06:37 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

That'd be great for ticket sales. Come on man, use ya head.

Old
05-07-2012, 06:41 PM
yotesfordays

Quote:

LOL thanks for my laugh of the day. How's golfing season up in Chicago?? I'm sure Jamison and Bettman would be meeting today just to announce a relocation.

Old
05-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Tom Polakis
W-L-W-L-W-L...

Quote:

Bettman: Hey everybody, I just flew into your city with an announcement to make one hour before a potentially series-clinching game begins. Your team is relocating to Quebec. Good luck in your game, boys!

Old
05-07-2012, 06:47 PM
doaner

Quote:

Hit the deck! It's a drive by. If it was relocation, why the hell would they do it while we are about to drop the press like we did the hawks. Also, why would GJ be there for an announcement as you are proposing.

Old
05-07-2012, 07:01 PM
NMFlyer1998
hello

Quote:

If they were to announce the Nordiques return, it would be in QC.

Old
05-07-2012, 07:03 PM
yotesreign

Quote:

I won't bother to look up your other 1500+ posts but guess that your prognosticating skills are on par with your Blackhawks in this season's playoffs against Phoenix.

Ooops!

Old
05-07-2012, 07:13 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Not even bettman would be crazy enough to announce a relo right before puck drop at a game where the fans are already going crazy as it is. Seriously, he would have to be wearing a bulletproof suit. And yeah, Jamison would tag along for sh!ts and giggles.

Old
05-07-2012, 07:42 PM
jimmycrackcorn
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
Yes there are Glendale residents who support the team - will be interesting to see how many season tickets the Count mandates must be sold for the new owner...

Fair question - same demands were made last year when ownership changed hands.

Old
05-07-2012, 07:45 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
Yes there are Glendale residents who support the team - will be interesting to see how many season tickets the Count mandates must be sold for the new owner...

Fair question - same demands were made last year when ownership changed hands.
Bettman didn't make those demands. TNSE did.

Old
05-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Naurutger
Drives To Far

vCash: 1329
Quote:

Started the drinking early tonight eh? Dont drive by and drink

Old
05-07-2012, 07:49 PM
VikingYote

Does anyone have a link to a live stream of the press conference? Preferably one accessible from outside the US.

Old
05-07-2012, 07:58 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingYote View Post
Does anyone have a link to a live stream of the press conference? Preferably one accessible from outside the US.
Not sure if this is accessible for you or not, but:

http://www.iheart.com/#/live/41/?autoplay=true

Old
05-07-2012, 08:02 PM
VikingYote

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Not sure if this is accessible for you or not, but:

http://www.iheart.com/#/live/41/?autoplay=true
Thanks but the NHL.com stream is working : http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...=616&id=176758

Closed Thread