HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: Do or Die (or Both, or Neither)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-15-2012, 03:54 PM
  #901
RemoAZ
Stugots
 
RemoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Care to elaborate or was this a drive by?
He didn't like the FB page I posted a link to either. I just like to support anything against GWI. It doesn't matter to me that they aren't going to hurt them.

RemoAZ is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 03:55 PM
  #902
AZCOYOT
Registered User
 
AZCOYOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Care to elaborate or was this a drive by?
Because this is FAR beyond a public, and sad petition.. I'm sorry, we've been down this road already.

AZCOYOT is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 03:57 PM
  #903
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,467
vCash: 500
Coyotes Cluster**** Thread: Same Bull****, different two weeks.

New thread title.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 05:06 PM
  #904
kdb209
Global Moderator
 
kdb209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb209
C&P from the BoH thread - for those of you playing judge at home.

Links to GWI filings and a lawyer's (CasualFan) read on the docs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb209
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
CF commentary in the 13 June, Goldwater files suit thread - post #39.
Note that CF has updated his analysis - finding case law that the "designation of emergency" is the prerogative of the city council and not reviewable by the court.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=139

kdb209 is online now  
Old
06-15-2012, 05:09 PM
  #905
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Coyotes Cluster**** Thread: Same Bull****, different two weeks.

New thread title.
I support this.

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 05:26 PM
  #906
coyotesfan
Registered User
 
coyotesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Ownership Thread: Same old S*** just a different day

coyotesfan is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 05:37 PM
  #907
ScottsdaleYote
Registered User
 
ScottsdaleYote's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb209 View Post
Note that CF has updated his analysis - finding case law that the "designation of emergency" is the prerogative of the city council and not reviewable by the court.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=139
This is a really big deal, and if the judge agrees then all the Bolick Institute of Ambulance Chasers (I refuse to call them Goldwater anymore) will have is the contempt charge. I can't believe that the remedy would be to invalidate the result even if judge finds for Bolick.


Last edited by ScottsdaleYote: 06-15-2012 at 05:53 PM.
ScottsdaleYote is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 07:19 PM
  #908
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee
 
TheLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Anxiety Closet
Country: United States
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Care to elaborate or was this a drive by?
You honestly believe an online petition is going convince GWI to remove its suit? Or convince a judge they're just bad people?

He was talking reality.

TheLegend is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 08:02 PM
  #909
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
You honestly believe an online petition is going convince GWI to remove its suit? Or convince a judge they're just bad people?

He was talking reality.
A man can dream. If two nitwits can get GWI to sue in their behalf, why not?

doaner is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 08:16 PM
  #910
ScarTroy
Registered User
 
ScarTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Corona, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
How's it looking for you guys staying? I live in Az during the season because of school and can't wait to go to more games. Hopefully my Ducks don't get completely demolished next time i go to a game between the two.

ScarTroy is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 08:18 PM
  #911
yotesreign
Registered User
 
yotesreign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Goldwater Blvd
Country: United States
Posts: 1,557
vCash: 500
AP suggested new thread title:

Coyotes Cluster**** Thread: Same Bull****, different two weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I support this.

Ditto.

yotesreign is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 09:26 PM
  #912
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarTroy View Post
How's it looking for you guys staying? I live in Az during the season because of school and can't wait to go to more games. Hopefully my Ducks don't get completely demolished next time i go to a game between the two.
Who knows any more? Things are more positive than they have been in a long time - we have someone who wants to own the team, we have a city that has voted to lease the arena to the team, Daly has said that the plans for next season are being made up with the team being in Phoenix.

And then we have a bunch of yahoos at the GWI who want to sabotage the whole deal.

To hear Jamison, Clark, Bettman et all speak, they are not particularly concerned about the GWI this time around. Clark has gone so far as to tell the GWI to 'bring it on.'

But one never knows for sure. I don't think I am alone in saying that I will not be 100% certain that the deal is a done deal until the NHL makes the announcement that the deal has been signed, the lease is done, and the team is here to stay. And even then...I won't truly believe it until I am sitting in section 205, row E, seat 5 on the opening night of the 2012-13 season.

TickleMeYandle is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 09:49 PM
  #913
ScarTroy
Registered User
 
ScarTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Corona, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
Who knows any more? Things are more positive than they have been in a long time - we have someone who wants to own the team, we have a city that has voted to lease the arena to the team, Daly has said that the plans for next season are being made up with the team being in Phoenix.

And then we have a bunch of yahoos at the GWI who want to sabotage the whole deal.

To hear Jamison, Clark, Bettman et all speak, they are not particularly concerned about the GWI this time around. Clark has gone so far as to tell the GWI to 'bring it on.'

But one never knows for sure. I don't think I am alone in saying that I will not be 100% certain that the deal is a done deal until the NHL makes the announcement that the deal has been signed, the lease is done, and the team is here to stay. And even then...I won't truly believe it until I am sitting in section 205, row E, seat 5 on the opening night of the 2012-13 season.
Yea, this just seems like it has been dragging on way too long, and the Yotes aren't even my team, so I can't imagine how it is for you guys.

Do you have season tickets for 205, if so how much were they? I looked on the website, but couldn't find prices for the whole season, only the infographic with the price range per game. Me and a few buddies went to a few games and sat in 208 and loved it, so i was thinking of getting season tickets or one at least one of the packs.

ScarTroy is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 10:12 PM
  #914
Scottrocks58*
Six
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 3,066
vCash: 500
Let's look at remedies for a moment. The contempt accusation has real bite. The other stuff is fluff and won't go anywhere.

If COG is found in contempt of court, what would the judge do to remedy the situation?
Fine the COG? perhaps
Demand an impartial observer to review all COG documents going forward?
Overturn the vote?

My guess is that it would be a draconian move to overturn the COG vote based on the contempt finding.

Scottrocks58* is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 10:18 PM
  #915
yotesreign
Registered User
 
yotesreign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Goldwater Blvd
Country: United States
Posts: 1,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
Who knows any more? Things are more positive than they have been in a long time - we have someone who wants to own the team, we have a city that has voted to lease the arena to the team, Daly has said that the plans for next season are being made up with the team being in Phoenix.

And then we have a bunch of yahoos at the GWI who want to sabotage the whole deal.

To hear Jamison, Clark, Bettman et all speak, they are not particularly concerned about the GWI this time around. Clark has gone so far as to tell the GWI to 'bring it on.'

But one never knows for sure. I don't think I am alone in saying that I will not be 100% certain that the deal is a done deal until the NHL makes the announcement that the deal has been signed, the lease is done, and the team is here to stay. And even then...I won't truly believe it until I am sitting in section 205, row E, seat 5 on the opening night of the 2012-13 season.
I'll have to wave to you opening night - same row, but sec 208.

yotesreign is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 10:29 PM
  #916
Scottrocks58*
Six
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 3,066
vCash: 500
The ruling cited by GWI in support of their appeal to have the vote nullified is

Johnson v. Tempe Elementary School Dist. No. 3 Governing Bd., 199 Ariz. 567, 570, 20 P.3d 1148, 1151 (App. 2000);

It involves a decision by the Tempe Elementary Board taken in closed, executive session, to take up a "cross-appeal" on an appeal of a case won by GWI against another party and in the process of appeal.

The specifics of the case, particularly the Board's vote in closed session to litigate, is far from the question of whether, and how far, Glendale's actions in not giving GWI timely and complete documentation prior to it's open vote, violated the previous court ruling.

Any action by the judge to invalidate the COG vote would be extreme, and met with an immediate appeal.

Scottrocks58* is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 11:02 PM
  #917
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
205 was $15 per game last season, I think it's $18 per game this coming season. Not sure what partial season tickets will be.

TickleMeYandle is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 11:36 PM
  #918
ScarTroy
Registered User
 
ScarTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Corona, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
205 was $15 per game last season, I think it's $18 per game this coming season. Not sure what partial season tickets will be.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the info.

ScarTroy is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 09:01 AM
  #919
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,467
vCash: 500
I just love the crying made by the relocationists about how paying for the Coyotes is going to do damage to the city.


"Library hours will be cut."

Libraries all across the globe are becoming obsolete with such inventions as the internet, computers, smartphones, Kindle.
Besides, usually what you see in libraries today are people doing things inside of them that they should not be doing instead. I'd rather those people contribute to society in a positive way by working at a job provided with the help of the Coyotes staying and those same people can use the library the way it is attened to be used when they pay for their schooling at a college out of their own pocket.

"Jobs will be cut."
With the bad economy comes tough times and tough choices that have to be made. Plus if the Coyotes leave, many other jobs will be cut such as the police officer positions at Westgate. You know, the same position that relocationists claim are going to be cut to pay for the Coyotes to stay?

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 09:17 AM
  #920
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,908
vCash: 500
I just can't understand why they feel the Coyotes staying will create public spending cuts and job losses. Pretty sure the Coyotes leaving would do the same.

rt is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 01:04 PM
  #921
Guest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,259
vCash: 500
People so rarely look at both sides of an issue, that is why you see such emotional responses on hot topics.

Library Hours and Other Public Services Reduced:
If Coyotes Leave, True
If Coyotes Stay, True

Employment Decreases in COG:
If Coyotes Leave, True
If Coyotes Stay, True

The key to the deal is to find issues that are not equal, but people rarely put the time into thinking that out.

Less taxes collected in Westgate and surrounding area:
If Coyotes Leave, True
If Coyotes Stay, False

Slower return on investment in Glendale Arena (Jobing.com Arena):
If Coyotes Leave, True
If Coyotes Stay, False

There are lot of issues that result in a positive if the Coyotes stay, but people against them staying prefer to focus on the negatives.

Guest is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 02:20 PM
  #922
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
People so rarely look at both sides of an issue, that is why you see such emotional responses on hot topics.

Library Hours and Other Public Services Reduced:
If Coyotes Leave, True
If Coyotes Stay, True

Employment Decreases in COG:
If Coyotes Leave, True
If Coyotes Stay, True

The key to the deal is to find issues that are not equal, but people rarely put the time into thinking that out.

Less taxes collected in Westgate and surrounding area:
If Coyotes Leave, True
If Coyotes Stay, False

Slower return on investment in Glendale Arena (Jobing.com Arena):
If Coyotes Leave, True
If Coyotes Stay, False

There are lot of issues that result in a positive if the Coyotes stay, but people against them staying prefer to focus on the negatives.
Because unfortunately, that is what politics have become. Nobody really listens when you say 'this is what I did' or 'this is what I'm going to do' - because we have all learned that campaign promises usually go the way of the dodo after the election. Instead, the focus is on attack ads - and if you can use a negative to attack something, it's always easier to do than to get people listen to the positive benefits.

While I'm here in Hawaii, we've been going to the library 2-3 times per week. Only $10 for a visitor card, good for 3 months. The hours for the branch here are T/TH/FR/ST 10-5, WED 1-8. That's it. And guess what? People live with it. They go to the library between 10am and 5pm, on the four days a week it's open those hours, or if they need go in the evening, they go on Wednesday.

Sure, there have been times when we wanted to go on a Sunday or a Monday. But we somehow, someway, found a way to deal with it. It took a lot of thought, but we finally came up with a solution to our problem. We took a two-pronged approach:
1. Check out enough books to last those two extra days until we could go to the library on Tuesday
2. On Sunday and Monday - do. something. else.

I love, love, love libraries. I've always been one to use the library - I lived across the street from the Tempe library one summer and I think I went every other day. But if the hours need to be cut back, people will adjust. Libraries have NOT always been open 7 days a week, early morning to late night. I remember them being closed on Sundays when I was growing up (I lived in Glendale!). I remember them not being open in the evenings. But now we've grown accustomed to getting whatever we want, whenever we want it.

With so much digital stuff these days, I'm thinking the library usage may be down a bit from in the past. I do have a library card for the Maricopa library system, as well as Phoenix. I can't think of the last time I actually WENT to either library. I check out books online all the time, though. I read them on my iPad. I can't imagine that I'm the only one doing that. So while it's better to NOT make cuts than to make cuts, it's also not the death of civilization as we know it, as you would believe from some of the naysayers.

TickleMeYandle is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 05:34 PM
  #923
yotesreign
Registered User
 
yotesreign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Goldwater Blvd
Country: United States
Posts: 1,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
Because unfortunately, that is what politics have become. Nobody really listens when you say 'this is what I did' or 'this is what I'm going to do' - because we have all learned that campaign promises usually go the way of the dodo after the election. Instead, the focus is on attack ads - and if you can use a negative to attack something, it's always easier to do than to get people listen to the positive benefits.

While I'm here in Hawaii, we've been going to the library 2-3 times per week. Only $10 for a visitor card, good for 3 months. The hours for the branch here are T/TH/FR/ST 10-5, WED 1-8. That's it. And guess what? People live with it. They go to the library between 10am and 5pm, on the four days a week it's open those hours, or if they need go in the evening, they go on Wednesday.

Sure, there have been times when we wanted to go on a Sunday or a Monday. But we somehow, someway, found a way to deal with it. It took a lot of thought, but we finally came up with a solution to our problem. We took a two-pronged approach:
1. Check out enough books to last those two extra days until we could go to the library on Tuesday
2. On Sunday and Monday - do. something. else.

I love, love, love libraries. I've always been one to use the library - I lived across the street from the Tempe library one summer and I think I went every other day. But if the hours need to be cut back, people will adjust. Libraries have NOT always been open 7 days a week, early morning to late night. I remember them being closed on Sundays when I was growing up (I lived in Glendale!). I remember them not being open in the evenings. But now we've grown accustomed to getting whatever we want, whenever we want it.

With so much digital stuff these days, I'm thinking the library usage may be down a bit from in the past. I do have a library card for the Maricopa library system, as well as Phoenix. I can't think of the last time I actually WENT to either library. I check out books online all the time, though. I read them on my iPad. I can't imagine that I'm the only one doing that. So while it's better to NOT make cuts than to make cuts, it's also not the death of civilization as we know it, as you would believe from some of the naysayers.
Good library systems are a great asset for a community, in a republic*, but they don't need to be open 24/7. The one our family uses most is open 5 days a week, and some days closes at 5p and others closes at 7p. They help families that work and are at least as vital to a community as having an NHL franchise, probably more so. And we go online to reserve the books we need, so when we do go we're just there to drop off and pick up, so we're never there long enough to see all the depravity AP apparently sees in his... or has heard he'd see if he ever stepped foot in his...

* omg I just quoted Clint Bolick ("in a republic")

That said, I want both an NHL franchise and a good library system, and neither has to be open 24/7.

yotesreign is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 09:36 PM
  #924
fishbert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
For the new thread, how about "Coyotes [REDACTED by court order]ship Thread" ?

fishbert is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 12:03 PM
  #925
kdb209
Global Moderator
 
kdb209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,454
vCash: 500
Updated analysis from CF on the BoH board:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=149

Bottom line: There are grounds in statute for voiding the vote if there is an Open Meeting Law violation - but not on the contempt charges. However, comments made by Judges Burke & Cooper in the contempt proceedings definitely leave open that possibility.

kdb209 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.