HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: Do or Die (or Both, or Neither)

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2012, 08:57 PM
XX
... Waiting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Damn that bottom color scheme and logos from the top would look sweet together (Coyote head with feathers is horrible). I could definitely get behind those with a black jersey with sand letters and red trim thrown in. Who came up with that?? Somebody tell GJ to hire that person/company.
Those are both awful. rt owes me for ****** my eye socket. The only quasi-acceptable one is the black and red on the far right. I have no problem bringing back the Kachina head. But there's waaaay too much going on horizontal stripe wise. Something more subtle is needed.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:01 PM
mitch27

I love the idea of a sand-coloured road jersey. It would be so unique (NHL wise, I know some junior teams do this).

Old
05-07-2012, 09:02 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

I think the uni's on the bottom are sweet minus the logo. I'd probably have to buy all three of those. I hate our bland jerseys now. Those new ones have a much more unique feel to them. Did you mock those up RT? If so, great job!

Old
05-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
I love the idea of a sand-coloured road jersey. It would be so unique (NHL wise, I know some junior teams do this).
I've wanted this for a long time.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:04 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
@ QC press guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
Gary's reaction was like "the **** you talking about guy?"
I believe that was the same guy who asked about Quebec City when Bettman was in Winnipeg for the Thrashers relocation announcement last year.

Bettman's reaction was the same

Old
05-07-2012, 09:08 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
Looks like it's being put onto the agenda.
Nope. 24 hrs in advance and it's not there. Nothing can be voted on. There isn't even any executive session scheduled.

The only way the issue could be addressed at all is during open "Citizen Comments" at the end of the meeting.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:11 PM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb209 View Post
Nope. 24 hrs in advance and it's not there. Nothing can be voted on. There isn't even any executive session scheduled.

The only way the issue could be addressed at all is during open "Citizen Comments" at the end of the meeting.
do we even know how much money jamison is asking from glendale, from what i heard a few minutes ago its 90 millions for 5 years

Old
05-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Mork

Send a message via ICQ to Mork
Good grief.

Three years into the sale process, before the start of a second-round elimination home-game, and this is the best they can do: they have a "tentative" deal blah blah blah!

I still would like all 'Yotes fans to enjoy the playoffs anyway, for all their worth. I am deeply disappointed in how little the NHL delivered for all that Glendale has done and offered to do.

I think Mayor Scruggs rant that she wants other communities to know "what to expect" in dealing with the NHL will fall on deaf ears. Glendale couldn't have done more. The NHL couldn't have done less.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mork View Post
Glendale couldn't have done more. The NHL couldn't have done less.
Well said. And here their in the Semi's, Conference Finals.
Never under-estimate the resilience & craftiness of the Coyote...

nailed it!...

Old
05-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Tank For Reinhart
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post

Congrats, nailed it!...
Thats a Fox.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Squeeven

So does this basically mean the Coyotes are staying in Phoenix for next year?

Old
05-07-2012, 11:57 PM
KevyD
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:

nailed it!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
Thats a Fox.
Fox or Coyote, what the heck is it doing?

Old
05-08-2012, 12:01 AM
0point1
Own(er)ed

vCash: 450
I think it is diving into the snow to catch a rodent of some kind.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:19 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Thats a Fox.
Close enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
Fox or Coyote, what the heck is it doing?
Fox, Coyote, Wolves & some of the wild cats hunt like that. Moles, mice etc burrow through the snow drifts several feet down, the hunters up top patiently waiting, listening for their preys' scurryings, then BAM!. Same thing in the desert in soft sand, though no more than a few inches below the surface. You want a soft landing if your planning a full on face-plant...

Old
05-08-2012, 12:30 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:

nailed it!...
Quote:
Thats a Fox.
No no no no no...... it's a coyote. You've ever seen our third jersey??

Old
05-08-2012, 12:31 AM
0point1
Own(er)ed

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post

Haha when I saw it the first time I thought that it looked really similar to the third jersey.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Rebranded Fan
naurutger's hero

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post

Yes! Part joke part why I hate it!

Old
05-08-2012, 12:52 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Those are both awful. rt owes me for ****** my eye socket. The only quasi-acceptable one is the black and red on the far right. I have no problem bringing back the Kachina head. But there's waaaay too much going on horizontal stripe wise. Something more subtle is needed.
I agree that they are both terrible. That wasn't the point. I was just showing drastically different ways to use a similar color scheme. The feathers Coyote was just to show a way to kachina up the logo a bit without going full on Tuba City rest stop tourist spread. That actual Coyote head is beyond sissy. Throw a couple of feathers and some war paint on the original Coyote head but take the cyborg Picasso out. Whatever, I personally HATE the southwestern thing and the kachina thing, but i expect them to bring an element of that back without going full peyote trip.

Also, I have zero doubt they'll end up the Arizona Coyotes if Glendale continues to shell out millions and millions. Hell, they SHOULD be. Glendale will have earned the right, if they pay for it. **** the city of Phoenix, they don't deserve it. Glendale Coyotes would be stupid. It will be Arizona. Well, we will either be the Quebec Nordiques or the Arizona Coyotes by 2013-2014.

05-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Shepard

While I wouldn't mind new jerseys (I'd buy one ASAP), I remember one of the main arguments being brought up on here is new jerseys would help re-brand the team and disassociate the team from their past failures. Now here we are seeing this team succeed in their current jerseys, so I don't know if it's necessary for that reason alone.

Not that that means new ownership wouldn't be justified in coming up with new jerseys to signify a new era for this franchise.

I honestly wish we could go back to our original Kachina-style jersey, but I know those are very hit or miss with people.

I liked both the mock up pics posted, just not the coyote with feathers logo. That's just... bleh.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:13 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I'd be fine sticking with the current kit(3rds excluded), but the new group needs to limit losses. New merch would help. I'm sure whatever changes they make, I will prefer the current set. Still, I understand they need to grab cash quick.

By the way, you guys do realize there are feathers on the original logo, right?

Old
05-08-2012, 01:23 AM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
While I wouldn't mind new jerseys (I'd buy one ASAP), I remember one of the main arguments being brought up on here is new jerseys would help re-brand the team and disassociate the team from their past failures. Now here we are seeing this team succeed in their current jerseys, so I don't know if it's necessary for that reason alone.

Not that that means new ownership wouldn't be justified in coming up with new jerseys to signify a new era for this franchise.

I honestly wish we could go back to our original Kachina-style jersey, but I know those are very hit or miss with people.

I liked both the mock up pics posted, just not the coyote with feathers logo. That's just... bleh.
I have to admit our current logo and uniform have never looked better to me than they do now. I wouldn't monkey with it; if they do change the name to Arizona, fine, but otherwise.... well the more games we win, the more I think a lot of us will be retiring our Kachina jerseys that represent our former losing ways and warming up to the current one; and judging by the number of fans attending who wear (or bring) the kachina jersey to games... we could sell a lot more of the current one with a few more wins...

Old
05-08-2012, 01:30 AM
Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'd be fine sticking with the current kit(3rds excluded), but the new group needs to limit losses. New merch would help. I'm sure whatever changes they make, I will prefer the current set. Still, I understand they need to grab cash quick.

By the way, you guys do realize there are feathers on the original logo, right?
It's not the feathers I don't like. It's the entire logo.

I'm also fine with either keeping our current jerseys or getting some new ones, just as long as we don't get something as ugly as the Buffaslug (both the jerseys and logo were horrid, IMO).

Old
05-08-2012, 01:32 AM
Hull and Oates

I think your current home and road jerseys are amongst the best in the league, seriously. Clean and classic.

No need to muddle them up with awful Reebok Edge-style gimmicks.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:33 AM
BigGumby

Yeah, I agree with not changing the current uniforms, but then again I love them. They have a very classic design, but my only problem is the color scheme, too many teams have red jerseys.

However, I put the sand on the current jersey a few years ago and I think it looks real nice.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:41 AM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mork View Post
Good grief.

Three years into the sale process, before the start of a second-round elimination home-game, and this is the best they can do: they have a "tentative" deal blah blah blah!

I still would like all 'Yotes fans to enjoy the playoffs anyway, for all their worth. I am deeply disappointed in how little the NHL delivered for all that Glendale has done and offered to do.

I think Mayor Scruggs rant that she wants other communities to know "what to expect" in dealing with the NHL will fall on deaf ears. Glendale couldn't have done more. The NHL couldn't have done less.
Looking at it from an objective perspective, the choice for Bettman was to either publicize the understanding he has with the Jamison group or keep it quiet until the final signature. Given how upset he was with the article last year out of Toronto on Day 1 of the Coyotes series against Detroit, the one which said that the Coyotes were moving to Winnipeg the day after they get eliminated in the playoffs, I suspect that he did this so as not to allow another distraction of that nature.

Closed Thread