HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2012, 01:08 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Does anybody know where I can find one of the newest roster updates with all the FA signings?
www.ehmtheblueline.com

Old
07-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
The most recent one I can find is the one from June 3rd 2012. Where can I find the one post July 1st?

Old
07-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Quakmybush

Quote:
The most recent one I can find is the one from June 3rd 2012. Where can I find the one post July 1st?
might not be out yet

Old
07-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Intoewsables

Quote:
What year are u in ?
2018 at the time of that screenshot, 2019 now.

Old
07-21-2012, 09:48 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoewsables View Post
2018 at the time of that screenshot, 2019 now.
Using who's rosters ? And what start date ?

To the OP, the latest Lidas rosters aren't out yet.

Old
07-22-2012, 02:34 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Couldn't be more than 50 changes total. Just do them yourself. Take an hour.

Old
07-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Couldn't be more than 50 changes total. Just do them yourself. Take an hour.
What program do I need to edit the rosters? And is it the same thing as usual to transfer them into the game?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, I usually wait for the annual roster update.

Old
07-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Intoewsables

Quote:
Using who's rosters ? And what start date ?

To the OP, the latest Lidas rosters aren't out yet.
Manimal 4.2, started in 2012.

I believe the other Swede I posted was from Manimal 3.x and started in 2006. Not 100% sure though.

Old
07-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
What program do I need to edit the rosters? And is it the same thing as usual to transfer them into the game?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, I usually wait for the annual roster update.
You get the editor the same place you get the rosters. Come on, now. Put in some effort.

Old
07-22-2012, 10:45 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoewsables View Post
Manimal 4.2, started in 2012.

I believe the other Swede I posted was from Manimal 3.x and started in 2006. Not 100% sure though.
Ya then it should be Holmstrom.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Dobbie71064
Go Thrashers!

Anyone have any trouble trading for young up and coming prospects? Ive tried to get Jurco from the wings and the game makes it seem like hes going to become the next 'great one'.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:44 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbie71064 View Post
Anyone have any trouble trading for young up and coming prospects? Ive tried to get Jurco from the wings and the game makes it seem like hes going to become the next 'great one'.
Think about real life and how certain fanbases overrate their prospects. I think it has a lot to do with their GM so if their GM isn't exactly great at ranking potential then they may be wrong on their estimates.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:17 AM
fizban

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Think about real life and how certain fanbases overrate their prospects. I think it has a lot to do with their GM so if their GM isn't exactly great at ranking potential then they may be wrong on their estimates.
Yeah I think that's pretty accurate. I know that when my team drafts someone in the first round, I don't really care about them one way or the other... until I start to do some research on them and I get all excited about 'em.

This coin has two sides though. You might have drafted a guy that another team really wanted 2 years ago. You've continued to scout him regularly and realize that he's not developing like you'd hoped. Maybe your guys see him as a 3rd liner instead of that franchise player they saw when they told you to draft him. Well oftentimes the other team that wanted him 2 years ago hasn't paid attention to him after losing out, so they still think of him as a very highly rated player and are all excited to offer you the moon for him when you offer him in a trade.

That's one of the weaknesses in this game, I think. 2/3 of your 1st round picks will turn out to be something worthwhile. The remaining 1/3 can easily be traded for a 2nd 3rd and 4th, which you can easily turn around and trade for a 1st in a future draft year. So essentially even your busts aren't even busts if you sell the second a prospect turns sour. Wait too long and everyone else will see that he sucks too.

Another weakness is how the game values picks. The game appropriately values losing teams' picks more highly than winning teams. The problem is future years' picks. If you trade for a first round pick of the #1 ranked team in a draft that won't happen until 2016, you still seem to get the same discount! Who knows what that team is going to look like in 5 years? I'm constantly trading for picks 5 years into the future and frequently getting what turn out to be some really high picks out of it that way.

You can pair what you already know about clubs with their rankings to really increase your odds too. If a small market team is leading the league, you know it's just a matter of time before their spending limits catch up with their record, so you trade for their picks and can be pretty well assured that in 5 years, it's going to be a top 15 pick.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Orange Thunder

Quote:
In this case, the Devils GM in my Senators file is an absolute idiot. I traded for the Ducks first rounder (projected to be first overall). Ducks wound up last in the league, which is what I wanted. Why? Because the Martin Brodeur regen (Robbie Ingraham) was ranked 2nd overall.

Fast forward to the draft. Turns out, the New Jersey Devils won the lottery! So, the Devils have first overall, in the same draft as the Brodeur regen. No surprise they took him. I ended up with a solid Danish defenceman (Thomas Phillips).

So, I want the Brodeur regen of course (36 yr old Luongo current starter), so I check out his rights. 5 star value. You would think they would say no to any trade. Nope! All it took was the rights to 2 goalies (one **** and one ***) and two 2nd rounders.

Obviously Doug Riseborough (Devs GM in mine) doesn't like the idea of having another Martin Brodeur.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:56 AM
fizban

Well the trade engine is better than any other NHL game ever made, but it still kinda sucks.

Old
07-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Jacob View Post
So, I want the Brodeur regen of course (36 yr old Luongo current starter), so I check out his rights. 5 star value. You would think they would say no to any trade. Nope! All it took was the rights to 2 goalies (one **** and one ***) and two 2nd rounders.
The trade engine is kinda wonky on draft day.

Old
07-23-2012, 12:39 PM
MapleLeafs9
LOL vv

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizban View Post
Well the trade engine is better than any other NHL game ever made, but it still kinda sucks.
Agreed. Although I do love it when you make 1 for 1 swaps of under-performing 21/22 year old prospects in the AHL then they play well/really well on the other sides afterwards.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Orange Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
The trade engine is kinda wonky on draft day.
I made the deal in the middle of July.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:41 PM
RO8

I usually only obtain picks, unless I need a vet or 2 for a cup run, I really like drafting and developing my own players so I try to obtain the 1st round picks and trade multiple 1sts to pick up the players I want. I'm trying to avoid doing that to much in my current Nucks save(original db I added Orr, Lemieux and Gretzky and have been setting tactics myself) I did go trade crazy though and in 2007-08 my rosters look like this:

Bulis-Lindros-Naslund
Cooke-Chubarov-Hossa
Pyatt-Chouinard-J.Ruutu
Burrows-Rypien-Kesler

Ohlund-Seabrook
Liles-Salo
Jokela-Bieksa
Krajicek

Luongo
Dunham

When Lindros gets going my PP1 can be devastating with both Naslund and Hossa on the wings.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:21 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
I usually only obtain picks, unless I need a vet or 2 for a cup run, I really like drafting and developing my own players so I try to obtain the 1st round picks and trade multiple 1sts to pick up the players I want. I'm trying to avoid doing that to much in my current Nucks save(original db I added Orr, Lemieux and Gretzky and have been setting tactics myself) I did go trade crazy though and in 2007-08 my rosters look like this:

Bulis-Lindros-Naslund
Cooke-Chubarov-Hossa
Pyatt-Chouinard-J.Ruutu
Burrows-Rypien-Kesler

Ohlund-Seabrook
Liles-Salo
Jokela-Bieksa
Krajicek

Luongo
Dunham

When Lindros gets going my PP1 can be devastating with both Naslund and Hossa on the wings.

I played for about a weekend on a file with the fantasy draft and I also set up a database for myself, which is essentially the original stock DB with updated colours for teams (Vancouver/Washington) and I changed Atlanta to Winnipeg (kept the Moose as their affiliate, Vancouver also shares it). Kind of a cool file to mess with but I'm going to stay loyal to my mainfile.

Speaking of which... I finished my summer university courses last week and now have a month off. Spent some time at the beach on the weekend... maybe some EHM time

Old
07-23-2012, 04:04 PM
RO8

Quote:

I played for about a weekend on a file with the fantasy draft and I also set up a database for myself, which is essentially the original stock DB with updated colours for teams (Vancouver/Washington) and I changed Atlanta to Winnipeg (kept the Moose as their affiliate, Vancouver also shares it). Kind of a cool file to mess with but I'm going to stay loyal to my mainfile.

Speaking of which... I finished my summer university courses last week and now have a month off. Spent some time at the beach on the weekend... maybe some EHM time
how did you update colours?

Old
07-23-2012, 04:34 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
how did you update colours?
Have to use the pre-game editor. Then you go to clubs and there's a tab for colours. I just opened up 2 versions and compared to a 2011-2012 DB where Washington's colours are red/dark blue and Vancouvers are blue/green.

Just won the Cup for the 6th season in a row. Not only did we go 82-0-0, we went 16-1-0 in the playoffs and then I had my entire first line (plus Price) on the 1st all star team. Never swept it before, plus I had my Lidstrom and Modano regens on the all rookie team.

Some how Jack Johnson keeps winning the Hart even though Fedor has 200+ points almost every season. Although granted, this season Johnson had over 110 points as a defenseman.

Price however, won the Vezina but that was because he had a great 1st half but stumbled through the 2nd half and didn't even have that great of a post-season. In fact, I had my back-up play the final game since Price gave up the only loss of the season.

Last edited by irunthepeg: 07-23-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old
07-25-2012, 07:53 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Do I have a Gaborik regen?

Old
07-25-2012, 08:47 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Have to use the pre-game editor. Then you go to clubs and there's a tab for colours. I just opened up 2 versions and compared to a 2011-2012 DB where Washington's colours are red/dark blue and Vancouvers are blue/green.

Just won the Cup for the 6th season in a row. Not only did we go 82-0-0, we went 16-1-0 in the playoffs and then I had my entire first line (plus Price) on the 1st all star team. Never swept it before, plus I had my Lidstrom and Modano regens on the all rookie team.

Some how Jack Johnson keeps winning the Hart even though Fedor has 200+ points almost every season. Although granted, this season Johnson had over 110 points as a defenseman.

Price however, won the Vezina but that was because he had a great 1st half but stumbled through the 2nd half and didn't even have that great of a post-season. In fact, I had my back-up play the final game since Price gave up the only loss of the season.
How do you do that ??

Old
07-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
You sure do.

Closed Thread