HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2012, 09:32 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
You sure do.
Awesome

Took him in the second round. Led my team in goals, assists, and points in his third season. His ELC just expired and I signed him for two years at $3M per. That will buy me a little more time before I need to move some of my veterans.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:22 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Also perhaps a Havlat regen?

Old
07-25-2012, 11:17 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
How do you do that ??
Do what? 82-0-0? I seem to do it after my team gels for a good amount of years. Most of the other teams had spread out all the talent to the point where I just eventually got lucky.

Old
07-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

vCash: 50
Here's what my roster looks like at the start of my 3rd season. Really solid team compared to season 1.

In Season 2 I got my ass whooped in the 1st round again so I fired coach Therrien and Patrick Roy is my new coach.

Made a huge trade involving a bunch of picks and Brian Gionta for Getzlaf. I expect a strong playoff run this year.

Old
07-26-2012, 09:27 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Do what? 82-0-0? I seem to do it after my team gels for a good amount of years. Most of the other teams had spread out all the talent to the point where I just eventually got lucky.
Ya, that's insane.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:40 AM
MapleLeafs9
MapleLeafs9

vCash: 100
I have never seen this before. In my current save I just noticed that the Blue Jackets have not made the playoffs in TWENTY YEARS. Their GM was just fired so I took a peek at their history and wow, I was in disbelief LOL. From 2011-2012 to 2031-2032.

I have applied for the GM spot already and I am going to clean house and turn this franchise around. Their fan support is "Good" and finances are "Insecure". They are currently dead last and a really good #1 centre prospect is destroying the OHL right now so I'm definitely gonna pick him if I end up with the 1st overall pick.

Old
07-27-2012, 10:03 AM
fizban

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 View Post
I have never seen this before. In my current save I just noticed that the Blue Jackets have not made the playoffs in TWENTY YEARS. Their GM was just fired so I took a peek at their history and wow, I was in disbelief LOL. From 2011-2012 to 2031-2032.

I have applied for the GM spot already and I am going to clean house and turn this franchise around. Their fan support is "Good" and finances are "Insecure". They are currently dead last and a really good #1 centre prospect is destroying the OHL right now so I'm definitely gonna pick him if I end up with the 1st overall pick.
Good luck with that.

In my news feed, a message popped up that said that the BJ's were in financial ruin or some such crap and would have to slash salaries. So I figured I'd try and pry away one of their better paid players. Then I saw at the bottom it said "please keep in mind that we are currently operating under the salary floor".

That franchise is beyond broke in the game.

Old
07-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

Alright my 3rd regular season is over. I go on vacation from march to april to sim games. When I comeback, about 5-6 players are "unhappy" because of my ASS GM that mistreated a player...are you ****ing serious. Last time ever that I go on vacation :@

So here I go in the playoffs with a record of 49-29-4 (5th in the east), a bunch of unhappy players, and my Best defensive D that wants to be traded.

And for the 2nd year in a row I face the Leafs in the 1st round. This year will be a different story believe me

wow are you serious? This game is a ****ing joke, I lose again in 5 games...while I clearly had the best team. I dont know what to do to win...

Old
07-27-2012, 12:06 PM
fizban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfever View Post
Alright my 3rd regular season is over. I go on vacation from march to april to sim games. When I comeback, about 5-6 players are "unhappy" because of my ASS GM that mistreated a player...are you ****ing serious. Last time ever that I go on vacation :@

So here I go in the playoffs with a record of 49-29-4 (5th in the east), a bunch of unhappy players, and my Best defensive D that wants to be traded.

And for the 2nd year in a row I face the Leafs in the 1st round. This year will be a different story believe me

wow are you serious? This game is a ****ing joke, I lose again in 5 games...while I clearly had the best team. I dont know what to do to win...
Just read more of this thread if you want to win. There are hundreds of good tips on how to legitimately play the game better and almost as many tips on how to "cheat" the game.

Old
07-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizban View Post
Just read more of this thread if you want to win. There are hundreds of good tips on how to legitimately play the game better and almost as many tips on how to "cheat" the game.
yeah i'll check that out a bit but I don't want to cheat the AI or whatever. I want to do it fair. I dont know if my new strategy is considered "cheating" but look at my ****ing team for season 4. I couldn't believe it when Malkin and Sedin were free agents on July 1st

that's with Brown and Emelin injured

I had to trade Plekanec and Cole to free some cap space

Last edited by Chris Pronger: 07-27-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old
07-27-2012, 01:48 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:

That's sad, and pathetic.

Old
07-27-2012, 02:02 PM
fizban

Quote:
yeah i'll check that out a bit but I don't want to cheat the AI or whatever. I want to do it fair. I dont know if my new strategy is considered "cheating" but look at my ****ing team for season 4. I couldn't believe it when Malkin and Sedin were free agents on July 1st

that's with Brown and Emelin injured

I had to trade Plekanec and Cole to free some cap space
Well there's a reason why I put the word cheat in quotes. There are a lot of weaknesses in the game. For example, you won't be able to get Hossa for a 3 4th round picks, but you can probably get Hossa with a 4th round pick, a player taken in the 4th round who will never get out of the AHL and the rights to a 4th rounder whose been over in Russia for 12 years and won't come over.

Is that cheating? Well not exactly, but in a way it kinda is.

Old
07-27-2012, 06:12 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Fedor is 28 (I think turning 29 this season). He will break Gretzky's points records (likely in 4 or less seasons).

Forgot I never drafted him with the Habs. For those that don't know, I inserted him in the game with all 20s for physical/techinical traits and at least greens in mental traits as an experiment. He only went 5th overall to Ottawa. I snagged him for Chris Higgins, a highly ranked prospect bust (I knew he would bust) and a 1st round pick. Good times.

The power of controlling tactics is evident from his 1st NHL season. I could have had him over 100 points on the rookie season (he still won the Calder). I GM'd him through Brandon too (funny thing is, I never signed him, always kept offering him max length tryouts that he would accept).

Pretty sure that was my fastest 50-in too. Hat trick in the last game.

Old
07-27-2012, 10:32 PM
MapleLeafs9
MapleLeafs9

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Fedor is 28 (I think turning 29 this season). He will break Gretzky's points records (likely in 4 or less seasons).

Forgot I never drafted him with the Habs. For those that don't know, I inserted him in the game with all 20s for physical/techinical traits and at least greens in mental traits as an experiment. He only went 5th overall to Ottawa. I snagged him for Chris Higgins, a highly ranked prospect bust (I knew he would bust) and a 1st round pick. Good times.

The power of controlling tactics is evident from his 1st NHL season. I could have had him over 100 points on the rookie season (he still won the Calder). I GM'd him through Brandon too (funny thing is, I never signed him, always kept offering him max length tryouts that he would accept).

Pretty sure that was my fastest 50-in too. Hat trick in the last game.
Dude, that's like, not even fun.

Old
07-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Intoewsables

My save file somehow got corrupted and now I'm starting over. Sigh.

Old
07-27-2012, 10:50 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Dude, that's like, not even fun.
My first time having a player over 170 points. Once he retires I'm going to try out a defensive style of coaching/managing. Might go back to junior for a bit or something.

Old
07-28-2012, 12:50 AM
vesperal

Not bad WordUp. I did the same, created a top player (not all stats at 20 however but with 198 pot.) coached him through junior then took over the Panthers who drafted him 1st overall. He destroyed all juniors and NHL records.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JL.jpg‎ (207.9 KB, 41 views)

Old
07-28-2012, 01:14 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesperal View Post
Not bad WordUp. I did the same, created a top player (not all stats at 20 however but with 198 pot.) coached him through junior then took over the Panthers who drafted him 1st overall. He destroyed all juniors and NHL records.
Holy ****, that's amazing.

This is my first time ever tinkering with a "near perfect player" so it's kind of fun. And the best part is that after he retires, I don't have to make a new file... I just simply continue on. I'll probably take a break from the Habs after he and Ovechkin retire. I'll probably move to the AHL/Sweden/Russia/CHL and then think about another NHL team before coming back to the Habs.

Old
07-28-2012, 05:04 AM
alko

Quote:
i played 200 seasons, but i never wanted to create a "perfect player". Then it is not the game i want to have. When i destroy all records in few seasons, then i don't have any reason to continue.

Old
07-28-2012, 09:32 AM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

sup guys. I've been playing the Football Manager series for quite a few years now, and was thrilled when I found this thread. so basically, to get started I get the game, and then what sites do I use to get rosters/updates? Thanks!

Old
07-28-2012, 10:11 AM
gmerger37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
sup guys. I've been playing the Football Manager series for quite a few years now, and was thrilled when I found this thread. so basically, to get started I get the game, and then what sites do I use to get rosters/updates? Thanks!
I just got this working on my mac yesterday and love it all over again.

Try http://www.ehmtheblueline.com for updated rosters and add ons, however it doesn't appear there is a recent one that includes free agent moves and trades such as nash, unless I missed it.

Old
07-28-2012, 12:08 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
i played 200 seasons, but i never wanted to create a "perfect player". Then it is not the game i want to have. When i destroy all records in few seasons, then i don't have any reason to continue.
Doing it the "cheating" way will never satisfy the need to do it the real way!

Old
07-28-2012, 05:40 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Holy **** !!!! How did you accomplish that ?

Old
07-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Holy **** !!!! How did you accomplish that ?
If he did it legit way its pretty impressive and quite lucky.

Or he just retired his First Gm and added another one to the Panthers when the kid was drafted.

Old
07-28-2012, 11:18 PM
vesperal

Quote:
If he did it legit way its pretty impressive and quite lucky.

Or he just retired his First Gm and added another one to the Panthers when the kid was drafted.
It's not purely legit and I have no problem admitting it.

For GM, I was being offered every NHL GM job as soon as someone was fired (had won 2 mem cup and 2 world cup). The Panthers had fired their GM mid-season and offered me the job. I refused but after the draft lottery, I created a gm to bump the present gm, retired, offered my main GM service and got the job.

For games, I coach them with everything on fast forward since I don't have that much interest in it. I will reload from time to time (around 8-10 times a year, never had to in playoffs). I do it when my player get too much ice time (over 27min.) or when the game wall him or the team. What is the "wall". Let say my player doesn't get a point, I could reload the game 30 times and he would very rarely get a scoring game. He will probably get a 10 on each of those game but only a point or 2 in the best case. I reload and give him a new linemate to "deblock" him. If I took the time to really coach the game, I could change my player linemates or play him with a "hot" player. Strangely, this never happen in the playoff.

Closed Thread