HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2012, 02:00 AM
FlyingOcto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
2004-2005 would be awesome...
Have thought about ways to do that actually, could give the teams no money/players though the season would still continue with no rosters. Then give all teams a boost in finances for the next season so they can sign players (lots of RFAs)

Old
09-12-2012, 08:17 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingOcto View Post
Have thought about ways to do that actually, could give the teams no money/players though the season would still continue with no rosters. Then give all teams a boost in finances for the next season so they can sign players (lots of RFAs)
There is the FA tool on TBL, so you could use that to set all the players not RFA-elligible to UFA and then manually resign the players back. Even though it's only a few years off the actual DB start date, it would be kind of cool to see.

Old
09-12-2012, 12:11 PM
GummoMarx

Aggghhhhh!! Transferred over to a new Macbook Pro today and lost my whole game, EHM won't even start up anymore. Anyone have any similar catastrophies?

Old
09-12-2012, 01:39 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GummoMarx View Post
Aggghhhhh!! Transferred over to a new Macbook Pro today and lost my whole game, EHM won't even start up anymore. Anyone have any similar catastrophies?
Coming from another Macbook Pro or something Windows? Windows EHM only works with Windows and same goes with Apple... If that's your situation.

I play on my Windows laptop so I can't help ya if it's just Apple -> Apple.

Old
09-12-2012, 01:46 PM
GummoMarx

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Coming from another Macbook Pro or something Windows? Windows EHM only works with Windows and same goes with Apple... If that's your situation.

I play on my Windows laptop so I can't help ya if it's just Apple -> Apple.
My bad, I should have elaborated. I was going from a 2007 macbook to a 2010 macbook pro, and I can't for the life of me find my license when I purchased the game in Feb/March 2008.

Old
09-12-2012, 01:51 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
My bad, I should have elaborated. I was going from a 2007 macbook to a 2010 macbook pro, and I can't for the life of me find my license when I purchased the game in Feb/March 2008.
Ah okay, dang. Well good luck, perhaps someone else in here that plays on Mac will be able to help. I know in the past, people have contacted the makers.

Old
09-12-2012, 08:35 PM
fizban

Quote:
Sales@elicense.com (run a search for this in your email accounts)

I kept my e-receipt in my email and have been successful at getting my license renewed on a couple of different occasions just by forwarding the e-receipt to that email address with my request. They don't actually have any obligation to honor these requests, but they've been good about it anyway.

I just looked at my receipt. I bought this game for 34.99 on November 21, 2006. I can't believe I've been playing this game for almost 6 years. By far the best value I've ever gotten out of a game.

Old
09-12-2012, 08:36 PM
fizban

As for the download of the actual Mac version of the EHM 07 program, I can't be of any assistance as I don't use a Mac. Hopefully you can figure out that end of things. Sorry.

Old
09-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizban View Post
Sales@elicense.com (run a search for this in your email accounts).
The Mac version was licensed through through esellerate, not elicense.

Old
09-13-2012, 08:48 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Sales@elicense.com (run a search for this in your email accounts)

I kept my e-receipt in my email and have been successful at getting my license renewed on a couple of different occasions just by forwarding the e-receipt to that email address with my request. They don't actually have any obligation to honor these requests, but they've been good about it anyway.

I just looked at my receipt. I bought this game for 34.99 on November 21, 2006. I can't believe I've been playing this game for almost 6 years. By far the best value I've ever gotten out of a game.
I think 2009 or 2010 for me. That's amazing though, I imagine I will still be playing this game in a few years too. I take breaks from it (not really playing right now) but I'm sure soon enough I'll get that urge to play again and will continue on with my dynasty.

Hence why I'm hesitant to buy NHL 13. I'm sure I would have some fun for a while but I don't know how long I'd play it for...

Old
09-14-2012, 03:25 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Been playing with that 74/75 DB for the past week or so and been having tons of fun. Tretiak is tearing up the AHL, obviously. I think my back-up to Bernie is Gary Kurt as he was put on the block by his team so I traded some minor league player for him and now he's putting up over 8.0 ratings with a .930+ SV%. Parent is doing well too, I managed to raise his stickhandling to 13. I'm going to see if I can trade my back-up for something decent next season then have Tretiak come in as back-up as Parent starts to decline.

Clarke is also improving his already great stats. I have a pretty stacked team but whatever, I'm not opposed to taking the best team in the league and then stacking it up higher. I signed Anders Kallur... at first he was scouted as "limited potential, 20 points max" now he's "projected first liner, 70 points" playing on my 2nd line He scored 2 goals in his debut game. It's all about the personal and line tactics!

If I were to create another file with this DB, I would start with one of the crappy teams and then sign a bunch of European players and try and build up a dynasty from scratch.

So what, as soon as NHL13 drops nobody wants to play/talk about EHM anymore? Haha, I've been playing both the last few days. I transferred my main file and my Flyers 74-75 file to my PC since my mom's taking my laptop while in the hospital in October but then after I got bored one evening while on the couch and I started up another 74-75 file. I started up with the North Stars and signed Tretiak, Kallur and Mike Zuke. These 3 are going to be my jewels of whom I work on. Haven't made any trades either so my roster looks to be not bad... I had 4 pre-season games and 3/4 were shut outs and the other was a 3-1 win so I'm thinking Tretiak is going to be good I'm interested in seeing how he does with no AHL experience...

Last edited by irunthepeg: 09-19-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old
09-24-2012, 01:52 AM
FlyingOcto

Pretty much just goofing around in my game right now, might start playing more serious once the games mostly regens, currently abusing the saved game editor stacked my team with low salary cap and then lowered the 75mil cap I had to 18 to watch teams crumble around me.

Not fun in the challenging way but I've broken most of the current single season records.

Created myself ingame and will most likely keep abusing it until I break Gordies games played record.

Then I'll probably start playing in the Dub again.

Old
09-26-2012, 11:53 AM
FireBylsma
Palmebjörk & Doktorn

How do you make a player take a surgery? My trainers recommends me to do that with Orr and I can't figure how to do it.

Old
09-26-2012, 02:28 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens17fan View Post
How do you make a player take a surgery? My trainers recommends me to do that with Orr and I can't figure how to do it.
I think I remember once asking what my trainers thought of him and they suggested it... although I'm not sure they will say this every time.

Old
09-26-2012, 03:35 PM
fizban

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens17fan View Post
The surgery option will appear along with the other items on the player page such as request scout report, trainer report, place on waivers etc.

You might not find it there right now though.

There are a few rules the computer seems to go by. The only time the button is displayed is in the 10 days following an injury that takes the player out of the game for a significant amount of time. Even then, you must first request a trainer's report and at least one of them must recommend surgery before the surgery button appears right above or below the place on IR button.

You can't just send a healthy player to surgery though, no matter what the trainer recommends.

Hope this answers your question.

Old
09-27-2012, 03:41 AM
FireBylsma
Palmebjörk & Doktorn

thanks for the help guys. I will just have to wait for him to get injured again

Old
09-27-2012, 08:35 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
The surgery option will appear along with the other items on the player page such as request scout report, trainer report, place on waivers etc.

You might not find it there right now though.

There are a few rules the computer seems to go by. The only time the button is displayed is in the 10 days following an injury that takes the player out of the game for a significant amount of time. Even then, you must first request a trainer's report and at least one of them must recommend surgery before the surgery button appears right above or below the place on IR button.

You can't just send a healthy player to surgery though, no matter what the trainer recommends.

Hope this answers your question.
Surgeries... the weirdest part about EHM for sure. I only remember getting the 'suggestion' of it from the trainer about once. Good eye/memory! I've been playing a lot of BaP on NHL13 and haven't even touched anything else in the game besides a few games on season mode but I'm starting to get that itch to play EHM again.

Old
10-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK

Hey guys !

On a coach's report on one of my young prospect, it was written : " When he gets a chance he doesn't always take it. He needs to improve his finishing. "

Any exp or tips about this ? thanks !!

Old
10-01-2012, 03:39 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leblanc71 View Post
Hey guys !

On a coach's report on one of my young prospect, it was written : " When he gets a chance he doesn't always take it. He needs to improve his finishing. "

Any exp or tips about this ? thanks !!
Off the top of my head, make sure his shooting practice is set on 'intense' and then in his personal tactics up his shooting and set his preference from pass to shoot? Not sure if this will help 100%, but it's what I would try first.

Old
10-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK

Thanks a lot ! It's not written in his report anymore but your tips are good , I take notes

Old
10-02-2012, 08:22 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leblanc71 View Post
Thanks a lot ! It's not written in his report anymore but your tips are good , I take notes
Ah, glad that helped!

Finally started playing through my mainfile again yesterday. The Habs finished the season with 1 regular loss and then 3 OT losses I only simmed to the SCF, where we're about to play the Minnesota Wild (with myself in-game on the Wild).

It's hard to get back into a file after starting a different one for a little while but I'm going to stay committed. Now with NHL 13 poking at me to play, it's even harder

Old
10-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Intoewsables

vCash: 717
Just started a new save game with the Avalanche. I was expecting to finish somewhere in the basement but this mediocre roster surprised me and somehow finished second in the West.

Alexei Ponikarovsky - Paul Stastny - Milan Hejduk
Peter Mueller - Matt Duchene - Steve Downie
Jamie McGinn - Jay McClement - David Jones
Cody McLeod - Kevin Porter - Chuck Kobasew

Erik Johnson - Mike Weaver
Shane O'Brien - Ryan Wilson
Matt Hunwick - Ryan O'Byrne

Semyon Varlamov
Al Montoya

Lots of good prospects on the way like Landeskog, O'Reilly, Siemens, Hishon, Howden and Barrie and guys like Cameron Gaunce and Mark Olver are tracking well enough to be depth players next season.

Old
10-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Kavliary2000

My PK is consistantly among the worst in the league (80-82% range)

All my PKers have strong Anticipation, Checking and Pokecheck.

Can anyone suggest some cant miss tactics to improve my PK?

Overall, i have a highly skilled and quick team. Ive consistanly win the president's trophy and the stanley cup. My team is a powerhouse - which makes my PK situation even more frustrating.

Help!

Old
10-09-2012, 03:04 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavliary2000 View Post
My PK is consistantly among the worst in the league (80-82% range)

All my PKers have strong Anticipation, Checking and Pokecheck.

Can anyone suggest some cant miss tactics to improve my PK?

Overall, i have a highly skilled and quick team. Ive consistanly win the president's trophy and the stanley cup. My team is a powerhouse - which makes my PK situation even more frustrating.

Help!
In terms of tactics, have the back-checking up and then have the orientation set as defensive or very defensive with lots of dumping the puck. Also, I recommend looking at your practices. Here is how I distribute my time always: 40% normal, 10% PP, 50% PK. I always have 50% on PK, no matter what. If you have a good offensive team, put your PP down to 10% and there must be some sort of glitch because I always have the top PP and PK by the end of the year.

Weirdest medical issue I've seen:

Last edited by irunthepeg: 10-09-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old
10-11-2012, 09:24 PM
MapleLeafs9
HFBoards Sponsor

If you want to coach games yourself, do you fire your head coach or keep him?

Closed Thread