HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2012, 12:38 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Yeah, I remember seeing guys with 25 or more minutes... never been able to figure out how to even do that. Would love to and have one season where maybe Fedor could crack 300+

Oh and FYI if you're wondering, Ervin Seman is Jaromir Jagr.
I take it linemates play a huge part ?

Old
10-23-2012, 01:12 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I take it linemates play a huge part ?
Well, they don't hurt his production but I wouldn't agree with huge part. I've had this Ovechkin (same attributes, in a different file) on my team before with a decent Toews as his center. He will always put up 100+ points but usually around 110-120. With Fedor, Ovechkin will hit ~200 points a season. Fedor himself had 265 last season (and is looking to keep pace with that again this season). I have put others on the top line with Fedor before and he continues to produce.

Just wanted to point out that his linemates aren't exactly scrubs, in Ovechkin and Jagr but they are still very much affected by Fedor. His wingers always put up 150+ points purely out of how many assists they get him. Likewise, Jack Johnson had a few 100+ point season and now Hardy Irwin (Bobby Orr regen) is consistently having 70+ point seasons.

Oh and I also have a 3rd pairing defenseman as the Norris runner up for two straight years now . Some offensive minded defenseman that I put beside Irwin on the 1st line PP so he benefits from Fedor as well.

In my database, for if my file ever corrupts or I have to restart, I put in an all 20s goalie and defenseman just to see what those 3 can rack up for stats.

Old
10-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Yeah, I remember seeing guys with 25 or more minutes... never been able to figure out how to even do that.
You put the dude you want to double shift on L1 and L2. Then, set to overload and coach the games yourself. The player you double shift will play 35-40 mins.

I'm working on my own superstar. Drafted him 5th overall. He doesn't get the goal totals your guy gets, though. More of a setup guy.

Old
10-23-2012, 03:13 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
You put the dude you want to double shift on L1 and L2. Then, set to overload and coach the games yourself. The player you double shift will play 35-40 mins.

I'm working on my own superstar. Drafted him 5th overall. He doesn't get the goal totals your guy gets, though. More of a setup guy.
Whenever I do this, after a game he's been replaced by someone else on the line. Do you have to make sure only a certain amount of guys are on the main roster? Also, I do keep it to all yes' for the coaching options of keeping my lines/rosters/etc.

PS. Nice player, those are pretty incredible stats for a non-cheated player. Sucks about the work rate, but clearly it doesn't matter that much.

Oh and whoever said the note about players from Etobicoke is a genius. The water must be laced with steroids there

And I almost overlooked the most important part of your message... coach the games yourself. Doesn't that mean you have to watch the sim for every game?

Old
10-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Quakmybush

What exactly is meant by "coaching the game yourselves"?

Old
10-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
Quote:
Whenever I do this, after a game he's been replaced by someone else on the line. Do you have to make sure only a certain amount of guys are on the main roster? Also, I do keep it to all yes' for the coaching options of keeping my lines/rosters/etc.

PS. Nice player, those are pretty incredible stats for a non-cheated player. Sucks about the work rate, but clearly it doesn't matter that much.

Oh and whoever said the note about players from Etobicoke is a genius. The water must be laced with steroids there

And I almost overlooked the most important part of your message... coach the games yourself. Doesn't that mean you have to watch the sim for every game?
Yeah, but if you set all settings to the fastest, it's done in a few seconds anyway.

Old
10-23-2012, 05:34 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Yeah, but if you set all settings to the fastest, it's done in a few seconds anyway.
Okay, thank you very much! I shall try this

Old
10-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakmybush View Post
What exactly is meant by "coaching the game yourselves"?
You watch the game play rather than just hitting continue and letting it sim. You can change lines, tactics, etc in the middle of the game. You enable this in the GM Options > Coach games yourself. I don't bother with it because it takes too damn long, but if you really want to double/triple shift your players, this will let you do that.

Old
10-23-2012, 07:17 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
You watch the game play rather than just hitting continue and letting it sim. You can change lines, tactics, etc in the middle of the game. You enable this in the GM Options > Coach games yourself. I don't bother with it because it takes too damn long, but if you really want to double/triple shift your players, this will let you do that.
I tried it out, but realized I liked the way I did it before. I did however realize I could lower the detail on NHL while simming through. Makes going through a day MUCH quicker now.

Old
10-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
I tried it out, but realized I liked the way I did it before.
I don't care for it either, since I mostly play EHM while I work, so I hit continue then switch to my work and let it do its thing.

Quote:
I did however realize I could lower the detail on NHL while simming through. Makes going through a day MUCH quicker now.
It's my understanding that you sacrifice some of the authenticity of the stats when you do that, although by how much, I'm not sure.

Old
10-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
Quote:

It's my understanding that you sacrifice some of the authenticity of the stats when you do that, although by how much, I'm not sure.

That is correct.

Old
10-23-2012, 09:09 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
That is correct.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand setting that back.

Old
10-23-2012, 09:45 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well, they don't hurt his production but I wouldn't agree with huge part. I've had this Ovechkin (same attributes, in a different file) on my team before with a decent Toews as his center. He will always put up 100+ points but usually around 110-120. With Fedor, Ovechkin will hit ~200 points a season. Fedor himself had 265 last season (and is looking to keep pace with that again this season). I have put others on the top line with Fedor before and he continues to produce.

Just wanted to point out that his linemates aren't exactly scrubs, in Ovechkin and Jagr but they are still very much affected by Fedor. His wingers always put up 150+ points purely out of how many assists they get him. Likewise, Jack Johnson had a few 100+ point season and now Hardy Irwin (Bobby Orr regen) is consistently having 70+ point seasons.

Oh and I also have a 3rd pairing defenseman as the Norris runner up for two straight years now . Some offensive minded defenseman that I put beside Irwin on the 1st line PP so he benefits from Fedor as well.

In my database, for if my file ever corrupts or I have to restart, I put in an all 20s goalie and defenseman just to see what those 3 can rack up for stats.
It's beyond me how he puts up those numbers..

Old
10-24-2012, 08:11 AM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
It's beyond me how he puts up those numbers..
Well to be honest, Richie's player would be more impressive considering his attributes aren't perfect/edited. He's doing it with similar TOI to my player. Funny, both of them were drafted 5th overall as well

Just noticed... 2062

Old
10-24-2012, 12:08 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well to be honest, Richie's player would be more impressive considering his attributes aren't perfect/edited. He's doing it with similar TOI to my player. Funny, both of them were drafted 5th overall as well

Just noticed... 2062
Maybe one day I'll be as good as you guys at this game haha.

Old
10-24-2012, 01:56 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Maybe one day I'll be as good as you guys at this game haha.
I remember first seeing this thread (and the threads on TBL) after I got the game. I felt so hopeless.

I just played how I felt comfortable playing. When I first started, I would just take over other GMs and make them trade me players, then I found out about the 56k bug and would offer that to every player (still use it for some players, like Fedor ), then eventually I found out a bit more about practice and started doing that myself, then I started using tactics (unit tactics, personal tactics), then I actually started using scouts, now I actually have a firm grasp of everything. It's all a matter of just playing and letting things come naturally. I'm still not an expert, but I have a hell of a lot of fun with this game.

Last edited by irunthepeg: 10-24-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old
10-24-2012, 03:58 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I remember first seeing this thread (and the threads on TBL) after I got the game. I felt so hopeless.

I just played how I felt comfortable playing. When I first started, I would just take over other GMs and make them trade me players, then I found out about the 56k bug and would offer that to every player (still use it for some players, like Fedor ), then eventually I found out a bit more about practice and started doing that myself, then I started using tactics (unit tactics, personal tactics), then I actually started using scouts, now I actually have a firm grasp of everything. It's all a matter of just playing and letting things come naturally. I'm still not an expert, but I have a hell of a lot of fun with this game.
Sounds alot like me..

Old
10-24-2012, 04:39 PM
tohon

Quote:

Sorry to show my newbness, but what is the 56k bug?

Old
10-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Quakmybush

Quote:
Ahh gotcha, I just let it run. Sometimes I change the goalie and I fix injuries and what not.

Old
10-24-2012, 07:16 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohon View Post
Sorry to show my newbness, but what is the 56k bug?
No problem. Offer a player over 10 million dollars a year in salary (MAKE SURE that you also up that current year to over 10 mil, click on the current year's salary and up it to over 10 mil) then if they accept their salary will be around $50,000 a year. I'd save before you do it, just in case it doesn't work but I always have success with it.

Old
10-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
No problem. Offer a player over 10 million dollars a year in salary (MAKE SURE that you also up that current year to over 10 mil, click on the current year's salary and up it to over 10 mil) then if they accept their salary will be around $50,000 a year. I'd save before you do it, just in case it doesn't work but I always have success with it.
Keep in mind that you have to be using an alternate database with the salary cap changed in order to do this. It doesn't work with the default database or the default salary cap.

Old
10-25-2012, 02:00 AM
tohon

Quote:
Keep in mind that you have to be using an alternate database with the salary cap changed in order to do this. It doesn't work with the default database or the default salary cap.
if i have simply made changes to the db will that suffice?

Old
10-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

You need to have increased the salary cap to allow $10m+ offers. The default cap ($44m) only permits offers of $8.8m. Keep in mind, I'm no expert on this bug since I run the default cap, so somebody else might have better insight on how this works.

Besides, it's cheating!!

Old
10-25-2012, 09:41 AM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
You need to have increased the salary cap to allow $10m+ offers. The default cap ($44m) only permits offers of $8.8m. Keep in mind, I'm no expert on this bug since I run the default cap, so somebody else might have better insight on how this works.

Besides, it's cheating!!
Ah yeah, that makes sense. I've always used some modified database while playing but I forgot about the top salary being linked to the cap.

Cheating? What?

I think if you're a beginner to the game, cheating helps you not get overwhelmed by all that you have to do while still allowing you to learn the game.

Old
10-25-2012, 06:49 PM
tohon

Quote:

Besides, it's cheating!!
the only changes I made were adding prospects for 2011, 2012, and 2013 and making the salary cap 70 mil like it is currently.

Closed Thread