HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 12:01 AM
Quakmybush

vCash: 500
@MadArcand, do you have a list of the nationalities that have played for you?

Old
06-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Orange Thunder

Ive been hooked on this game since I got it.

Old
06-24-2012, 11:33 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Jacob View Post
Ive been hooked on this game since I got it.
Same here... 2 years later and it's still addicting

Old
06-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

FML, not only did my Devils IN REAL LIFE go down to the Kings in the Stanley Cup Final, but my Devils in EHM did the exact same thing. They even got swept...

With the sweep, I've decided to add some depth via free agency, to try and have a go at it next season.

I signed:

D Brian Lee
LW Viktor Stalberg
C Lars Eller
G Johnathan Bernier

2011-2012 NJ Devils:

Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Zubrus
Parise-Zajac-Zherdev
Lundmark*-Josefson-Ponikarovsky
Stalberg-Eller-Clarkson

Merill-Schenn
Suter-Larsson
Hannan-Lee

Ortio
Bernier

*Rookie

Old
06-24-2012, 03:30 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
FML, not only did my Devils IN REAL LIFE go down to the Kings in the Stanley Cup Final, but my Devils in EHM did the exact same thing. They even got swept...

With the sweep, I've decided to add some depth via free agency, to try and have a go at it next season.

I signed:

D Brian Lee
LW Viktor Stalberg
C Lars Eller
G Johnathan Bernier

2011-2012 NJ Devils:

Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Zubrus
Parise-Zajac-Zherdev
Lundmark*-Josefson-Ponikarovsky
Stalberg-Eller-Clarkson

Merill-Schenn
Suter-Larsson
Hannan-Lee

Ortio
Bernier

*Rookie
I gotta say man. You've posted stories and your roster a few times and I swear it has to be your tactics/practices that's holding your team back. Your top 2 lines (if they're original DB) should be enough to propel you to the playoffs and you should be able to win the Cup.

If not already, play with your players personal tactics and set them to what they're good at. I feel like this could help a lot.

Unless you're already doing this then... ****, harsh luck

Old
06-24-2012, 03:46 PM
MadArcand
We do not sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakmybush View Post
@MadArcand, do you have a list of the nationalities that have played for you?
In the NHL? Or just being in organization?

Off top of my head, I had players from the following play for me in the NHL: Canada, USA, Sweden, Finland, Slovakia, Czech rep., Russia, Switzerland, UK, Ireland, Spain, Poland, South Africa, South Korea, Latvia, Ukraine, Belgium, Croatia, Austria

Had/have in organization: Japan, Netherlands, Bulgaria, Germany, Romania, Mexico

Old
06-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
I gotta say man. You've posted stories and your roster a few times and I swear it has to be your tactics/practices that's holding your team back. Your top 2 lines (if they're original DB) should be enough to propel you to the playoffs and you should be able to win the Cup.

If not already, play with your players personal tactics and set them to what they're good at. I feel like this could help a lot.

I'm using lidas rosters. I've played with personal tactics already, it's just been tough luck. Here is my history so far

06-07: Made playoffs - swept in Eastern Conference Final
07-08: Missed
08-09: Missed - fired coach Pete DeBoer, almost got fired myself. hired coach Bob Hartley
09-10: Made playoffs - out in 5 games to NYR in round 1
10-11: Won Presidents Trophy, Made playoffs - Swept in Stanley Cup Final by the LA Kings.

Brodeur retired after my first season and it took a few years to get my goaltending in order after that. I traded for the rights to Joni Ortio and waited for him to develop. After making a coaching change in 08-09 I went on to make the playoffs next season, then this last year I won the Presidents Trophy but ran into an LA Kings dynasty that had won 3 championships in 4 years. I think this season will be the year, my roster is excellent and things seem to be coming together. We'll see though. My path to the cup has certainly been a rocky one.

Old
06-26-2012, 01:48 AM
RO8

Quote:

How did you get Orr, etc. regens in the game? And did you have to make your own stats for them or does the game generate them?

Old
06-26-2012, 06:09 AM
Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
Anticipation isn't a carried over stat so it is just coincidence. Plus Anticipation can grow so few players usually start with it high.
I have yet to see a Hasek regen who didn't have a pathetic anticipation though. Usually it's somewhere between 1 and 5, only once did it approach 10, after some development. Funny enough, non of the other great goalies ever had low anticipation, only some average to good ones reached that low.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:45 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
How did you get Orr, etc. regens in the game? And did you have to make your own stats for them or does the game generate them?
In the pre-game editor, there are all those guys in there as non-players and I just set them back to players. Yes I had to edit their stats but I mean with guys like Lemeiux, Orr and Gretzky, it's kind of simple. I just made Orr's physical traits be mostly crap, especially speed/acceleration. All 3 of those guys are beasts in the game.

And that Hasek in my game has an anticipation of 10.

Last edited by irunthepeg: 06-26-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old
06-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

It's so depressing to play as the Devils post-Brodeur, I miss having a franchise goalie who could win games on his own

Old
06-26-2012, 12:46 PM
RO8

Quote:
In the pre-game editor, there are all those guys in there as non-players and I just set them back to players. Yes I had to edit their stats but I mean with guys like Lemeiux, Orr and Gretzky, it's kind of simple. I just made Orr's physical traits be mostly crap, especially speed/acceleration. All 3 of those guys are beasts in the game.

And that Hasek in my game has an anticipation of 10.

Why because of his bad knees? Did you give them 200 PA or just a -10 so they were top supertars?

Old
06-26-2012, 08:26 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Why because of his bad knees? Did you give them 200 PA or just a -10 so they were top supertars?
Yep, because he was old too. I gave the others decent physical traits for their old age. I gave them the 200 PA. I'm not opposed to the game having more superstars in it.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:42 PM
John McClane

vCash: 990
I'm doing an extremely unrealistic game, with 98-99 rosters. My top line is Naslind-Sakic-Bure. It's good fun just to mess around with a bunch of rosters.

Old
06-28-2012, 12:24 PM
RO8

Quote:
Yep, because he was old too. I gave the others decent physical traits for their old age. I gave them the 200 PA. I'm not opposed to the game having more superstars in it.
If they become staff members do they still regen? Because Lemieux and Orr are only like 41 and 39 for some reason, I tried editing the bdays so they would instantly retire but no luck.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:56 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
If they become staff members do they still regen? Because Lemieux and Orr are only like 41 and 39 for some reason, I tried editing the bdays so they would instantly retire but no luck.
A player can become both a staff member and a regen player. I left those guys to their actual birthdays, as well as Gretzky and then they all played 1 more season before retiring.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:41 PM
RO8

Quote:
A player can become both a staff member and a regen player. I left those guys to their actual birthdays, as well as Gretzky and then they all played 1 more season before retiring.
Cool thanks for the help. I filled out their attributes and then signed Lemieux as my asst gm so he is done but Gretzky and Orr will probably retire in another season, although I didn't fix their reputation so maybe they don't get a lot of interest.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:47 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Cool thanks for the help. I filled out their attributes and then signed Lemieux as my asst gm so he is done but Gretzky and Orr will probably retire in another season, although I didn't fix their reputation so maybe they don't get a lot of interest.
Did Lemieux retire first as a player before you signed him as a Asst. GM? I'm not sure how it works if you sign them as a personnel before they retire from playing.

And no problem, glad I could be of assistance!

Old
06-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Carlzner

For those who have the 2010 roster update... Who turns out the best from the first draft? Hall Fowler or Seguin?

Old
06-30-2012, 01:20 AM
ThePuckBaron
Avalado Coloranch

I have Hall on my Avs team on the first line.

Hall - Stastny - Hossa

He's been a 40+ goal man every year so far but I started in 2012.

Old
06-30-2012, 11:45 AM
RO8

Quote:
Did Lemieux retire first as a player before you signed him as a Asst. GM? I'm not sure how it works if you sign them as a personnel before they retire from playing.

And no problem, glad I could be of assistance!
Maybe I'll let him go then.

Old
06-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Thricecube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
For those who have the 2010 roster update... Who turns out the best from the first draft? Hall Fowler or Seguin?
I'm in 2016 right now.

Hall put up 100pts and had a 8.48 rating.
Fowler missed half the season, but is a 7.70 rating.
Seguin put up 63 points and is a 7.58.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:59 PM
23qwerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
I have yet to see a Hasek regen who didn't have a pathetic anticipation though. Usually it's somewhere between 1 and 5, only once did it approach 10, after some development. Funny enough, non of the other great goalies ever had low anticipation, only some average to good ones reached that low.
Mine has 20 anticipation

Old
07-02-2012, 01:42 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 900
I hadn't played EHM since 2005.

I just spent the last 2 hours doing the following... downloading the Try'N'Buy version, buying it, getting my license, downloading the latest patch, downloading latest rosters, downloading the Custom Start Date thingy... finally got everything setup.

Ready to win multiple Cups with the Avs.

Old
07-02-2012, 02:28 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Can anyone share some tactics ? For an offensive team ? One that will help my top players actually lead the league in scoring ?

Closed Thread