*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2012, 02:01 PM
Ward Cornell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post

Any tidbits or helpful facts you guys care to share to help me will be great. Am looking forward to living in your community very soon and cheering on your/our Rangers.
Welcome to K-Dubya!!!!

Hint for tix, if you get to the Aud about 45 minutes before the game there's always some STH (season ticket holders) selling a seat or two for face value or less in the lobby by the ticket windows. There's one guy and his wife (he's 30's and stocky and his wife is blonde) who buys tickets from STH and resells them for a much higher price. Personally out of principle (talking for me) I would try to avoid this cpl. I hate him profiting over some STH generosity thinking they are helping out "Joe fan!".
The Kitchener Ranger website has an official location where you can buy tickets from fans...http://kitchenerrangers.com/page/tic...place-postings
Looks like there's a STH holder wanting to sell his tickets for the entire season!

Old
09-15-2012, 02:09 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
Welcome to K-Dubya!!!!

Hint for tix, if you get to the Aud about 45 minutes before the game there's always some STH (season ticket holders) selling a seat or two for face value or less in the lobby by the ticket windows. There's one guy and his wife (he's 30's and stocky and his wife is blonde) who buys tickets from STH and resells them for a much higher price. Personally out of principle (talking for me) I would try to avoid this cpl. I hate him profiting over some STH generosity thinking they are helping out "Joe fan!".
The Kitchener Ranger website has an official location where you can buy tickets from fans...http://kitchenerrangers.com/page/tic...place-postings
Looks like there's a STH holder wanting to sell his tickets for the entire season!
But isn't the easiest way to get tickets just to go to the Aud before game time?? I mean it's only $21 a ticket so, it's not like I'd be giving hundreds of dollars to a scalper?

Old
09-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
But isn't the easiest way to get tickets just to go to the Aud before game time?? I mean it's only $21 a ticket so, it's not like I'd be giving hundreds of dollars to a scalper?
a lot of games are sold out and/or it may be tough to get
2 seats together or in the location you like. Most if not all ST seats are good!

It's all up to you.
Just wanted to point out these other options!

Old
09-15-2012, 02:36 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
2 seats together or in the location you like. Most if not all ST seats are good!

It's all up to you.
Well idealistically I just want the easiest, quickest, and most simplistic no-hassle way for my fiancee and I to be able to sit together in good seats and watch a game when we wanna get tickets here and there.

Advice? Which option would you reccomend??? And hey do people put tickets up on Kijiji at times?? No eh??

Old
09-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Loosie

Quote:

It's all up to you.
There really isn't a bad seat at all in the Aud, not unles the reno has caused bad seats.

Old
09-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Well idealistically I just want the easiest, quickest, and most simplistic no-hassle way for my fiancee and I to be able to sit together in good seats and watch a game when we wanna get tickets here and there.

Advice? Which option would you reccomend??? And hey do people put tickets up on Kijiji at times?? No eh??

I have sold my tix in the lobby and also bought tickets from the STH in the lobby and would go that route. There's always a good selection of sellers and various seat locations!

My beef with that guy he gave me a sob story about can't afford the face value so i discounted my tix....then I saw him selling them for higher. Just pissed me off to no end.

Old
09-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Loosie

Quote:

Personally I would just buy the tickets online or at the Centre-in-The-Square box office ahead of time. Or try and show up early, but that's more of a last minute 'let's go the game' type decision.

Old
09-15-2012, 03:57 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
Personally I would just buy the tickets online or at the Centre-in-The-Square box office ahead of time. Or try and show up early, but that's more of a last minute 'let's go the game' type decision.
Where would I buy the tickets online? And say I went to the Centre-in-The-Square box office in person ahead of time, could I only get tickets there for games that are just around the corner??? Or as an example, could I say go to the box office in October but scoop up two tickets for a Knights/Rangers game that would be in December while I'm there?

Old
09-15-2012, 04:53 PM
aresknights

You can buy advance tickets, and prolly should, esp for a knights game.

As well you can get advance tics for games in Guelph and London.

Definitely recommend to grab early, as a pair together are often hard to grab if you wait. ( London and Ktown) anyway.

Old
09-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Loosie

Quote:
Where would I buy the tickets online? And say I went to the Centre-in-The-Square box office in person ahead of time, could I only get tickets there for games that are just around the corner??? Or as an example, could I say go to the box office in October but scoop up two tickets for a Knights/Rangers game that would be in December while I'm there?
http://www.centre-square.com

Click on 'Buy Tickets', then 'Kitchener Memorial Auditorium', if there are games they are selling tickets for they will be there.

There's nothing there right now because the home opener is not until mid-October.

Old
09-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:

Click on 'Buy Tickets', then 'Kitchener Memorial Auditorium', if there are games they are selling tickets for they will be there.

There's nothing there right now because the home opener is not until mid-October.

also come playoff time and you need to buy in person, it's always faster at the Centre in the Square!
Correct me but isn't there a "service charge" ($3.00 per ticket?) for buying via the internet?

Old
09-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
You can buy for any game this season!

Also the Ranger fan bus goes to basically all the road games and is reasonably priced (pending distance and hotel stays)

Old
09-15-2012, 06:28 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:

Yeah I looked.

I did notice that it says...

Quote:
Kitchener Rangers tickets are available online until 1 hour before game time. Tickets are available by phone and in person in the hour before game time.
So does that mean I can't go a few days before a game and get tickets??? I.E. Say I walk or bus it there on a Tuesday for tickets to a game that's on a Friday. Is that do-able??? Or can I walk or bus it there and scoop up two tickets for a game that's a few weeks or months away??

I don't mind bussing it a few days before if I can get tickets whenever I'd like to.

Old
09-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Loosie

Quote:
Yeah I looked.

So does that mean I can't go a few days before a game and get tickets??? I.E. Say I walk or bus it there on a Tuesday for tickets to a game that's on a Friday. Is that do-able??? Or can I walk or bus it there and scoop up two tickets for a game that's a few weeks or months away??

I don't mind bussing it a few days before if I can get tickets whenever I'd like to.
You should be able to buy them in person at Centre in the Square up to an hour before game time, and for the hour before the game you can buy the tickets at the Aud.

Old
09-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Yeah I looked.

You can got get tickets days in advance.
I believe you can't buy tickets online within 1 hour of gametime is that the boxoffice is busy with walkups and it create chaos with the 'puter.

Old
09-15-2012, 08:06 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Thanks alot for the ticket input guys. I'm sure I'll ask a few more questions again after the fiancee and I are all settled in and after I watch a few games to educate myself on the team.

So tell me, I know this is a small subforum that panders to all OHL discussion but do we have GDT's (gameday threads) for Rangers games here on game days like how we have them on the Pens board (and every other NHL team subforum) on HF??? Or is all Rangers talk designated to this thread only???

Old
09-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Loosie

Quote:
Thanks alot for the ticket input guys. I'm sure I'll ask a few more questions again after the fiancee and I are all settled in and after I watch a few games to educate myself on the team.

So tell me, I know this is a small subforum that panders to all OHL discussion but do we have GDT's (gameday threads) for Rangers games here on game days like how we have them on the Pens board (and every other NHL team subforum) on HF??? Or is all Rangers talk designated to this thread only???
It's pretty much left to this thread. There really isn't enough following for GDTs. Hence the official season threads.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:41 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
It's pretty much left to this thread. There really isn't enough following for GDTs. Hence the official season threads.
Awww that's a shame as GDT's can be amazingly made, not to mention alot of fun.

Maybe this lockout'll generate more interest??

Old
09-16-2012, 01:11 PM
RangerFan14

Trade Rumours

I have been reading this thread for about a month now and im trying to figure who is a realistic trade rumour for the rangers! Who could we possibly see in a rangers uniform? I saw a couple people say Strome and Hamilton, is that realistic or just a dream? so i want to know who could be a great fit on this already pretty good roster!

Old
09-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Jack Daniels

Quote:
For GDT's and other ranger news go to rangersrush.com

Old
09-16-2012, 02:15 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Holy Overexpensiveness Batman!!!

When poking around threads on the NHL board I came across this:

Are those insane prices for online streams or for TV???

Are those insane prices for online stream packages or for TV???

Would I need that to watch Kitchener Rangers games through Rogers if I live in Kitchener (which I will be and I will have Rogers).Am assuming no, but who knows.

Besides, let's just say if I the OHL Action Pak then what's the point of that $300 package there? Pretty sad when NHL Center Ice is cheaper.

Old
09-16-2012, 02:28 PM
ORYX

All you need to watch a home game, or the vast majority of away games is Rogers Cable.

The games are on the Rogers channel, channel 20. Thats it, you dont need to pay extra or get extra channels, its that easy.

Of the 68 games, you can all 34 home games and about 25 away games on tv, with no delay, as they happen.

Welcome to the team. A word of caution, there are many many Flyers fans that attend the Rangers games (on account of Mike Richards, or otherwise). I would recommend against wearing a Crosby Jersey or other Pens jersey. Can't speak for the other Flyer fans (I'm one) but i'd chirp yea for sure

Also check www.rangersrush.com/Forum , thats the Kitchener Rangers fan forum, similar to this one, but I'd say there seems to be more regular conversation. Also, www.thenoof.com is another, which is an OHL wide forum.

Old
09-16-2012, 06:07 PM
EvenSteven

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan14 View Post
I have been reading this thread for about a month now and im trying to figure who is a realistic trade rumour for the rangers! Who could we possibly see in a rangers uniform? I saw a couple people say Strome and Hamilton, is that realistic or just a dream? so i want to know who could be a great fit on this already pretty good roster!

You may see Spott holding tight for a while. With the NHL lockout underway, and the amount of young NHLers sent to play in the AHL, we may see Crescenzi sent back here sooner than later. AC needs to play. He already had a bunch of guys ahead of him on the Marlie depth chart and that was before the lockout was announced. I don't think the Leafs sit him in the pressbox for an extended period while waiting for NHL play to resume.

Therefore, if he is sent back, Spott will have that top six forward he's been looking for. But that means 4 OA's on the roster - three of them forwards. If that were to happen, AC would be our best OA with Alberga behind him. Does Spott go with 3 OA forwards? You never know. But at least Spott would have options. Like maybe dealing for a top two d-man who isn't an OA (one of Hamilton, Percy, Sproul or Sefton for instance). Then we'd go with 3 OA's up front.

Addmittedly though, I'd maybe rule out Hamilton. If he is put on the trade market, I'm betting Niagara would want a return comparable to that of Alex Pietrangelo or Jamie Oleksiak. The fact that Marty Williamson was invloved in both those trades, and will be involved in any Hamilton deal, insures the price would be as hign - maybe rightfully so. I doubt Spott gives up that much to fill the #2 d-man Spot. One of the other 3 d-men I listed may be more realistic.

Old
09-16-2012, 06:19 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
All you need to watch a home game, or the vast majority of away games is Rogers Cable.

The games are on the Rogers channel, channel 20. Thats it, you dont need to pay extra or get extra channels, its that easy.

Of the 68 games, you can all 34 home games and about 25 away games on tv, with no delay, as they happen.

Welcome to the team. A word of caution, there are many many Flyers fans that attend the Rangers games (on account of Mike Richards, or otherwise). I would recommend against wearing a Crosby Jersey or other Pens jersey. Can't speak for the other Flyer fans (I'm one) but i'd chirp yea for sure

Also check www.rangersrush.com/Forum , thats the Kitchener Rangers fan forum, similar to this one, but I'd say there seems to be more regular conversation. Also, www.thenoof.com is another, which is an OHL wide forum.
Thank you for your helpfulness. You Flyers fans are alright. (Well most of you anyways.)

It's funny you should mention me wearing a Pens jersey to a Rangers game. Wouldn't wearing an NHL jersey at an OHL game be a jersey foul at least an unusual thing for a person to do???? Sure I can see people wearing an Avalanche jersey with Landeskog's name and number, but a Pens jersey??? Really the only well known Rangers alumni that was also a Penguin is Paul Coffey and he's arguably more regarded as an Oiler than a Penguin no?? Frankly I thought earlier actually about what to wear at a game and I was just gonna buy a Rangers tshirt or maybe a blank jersey or whatnot.

Are there alot of Flyers fans in K-W or something?

Last edited by MetalheadPenguinsFan: 09-16-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old
09-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
You may see Spott holding tight for a while. With the NHL lockout underway, and the amount of young NHLers sent to play in the AHL, we may see Crescenzi sent back here sooner than later. AC needs to play. He already had a bunch of guys ahead of him on the Marlie depth chart and that was before the lockout was announced. I don't think the Leafs sit him in the pressbox for an extended period while waiting for NHL play to resume.

Therefore, if he is sent back, Spott will have that top six forward he's been looking for. But that means 4 OA's on the roster - three of them forwards. If that were to happen, AC would be our best OA with Alberga behind him. Does Spott go with 3 OA forwards? You never know. But at least Spott would have options. Like maybe dealing for a top two d-man who isn't an OA (one of Hamilton, Percy, Sproul or Sefton for instance). Then we'd go with 3 OA's up front.

Addmittedly though, I'd maybe rule out Hamilton. If he is put on the trade market, I'm betting Niagara would want a return comparable to that of Alex Pietrangelo or Jamie Oleksiak. The fact that Marty Williamson was invloved in both those trades, and will be involved in any Hamilton deal, insures the price would be as hign - maybe rightfully so. I doubt Spott gives up that much to fill the #2 d-man Spot. One of the other 3 d-men I listed may be more realistic.
One d-man not talked about at all and could be "had" if his team struggles is Connor Murphy of Sarnia. The Sting made quite a few trades last year and mainly surrendered picks so they could be interested in a few of our young players (Pederson + Gilbert). Not sure if Spott could expand the deal (Young, Midensky+picks) to get one of Boucher/Galenchuk(very doubtful) or Sarault.

Closed Thread