HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 13.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-07-2012, 07:30 PM
  #26
Takashi
Registered User
 
Takashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 940
vCash: 500
My habs pick:
1- Yakupov
2- Grigorenko
3- Galchenyuk
4- Forsberg
5- Murray

Takashi is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 08:13 PM
  #27
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,971
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix60 View Post
Do you guys think Murray is a lock for the NHL next season, since he's already playing with the big guys in an international competition (in a limited role, but still).

Also, do you think he's a good comparable to Erik Johnson?
He could play and survive, but I am not sure he'd be more than a 4th defender. Possibly just a 3rd pairing guy next season.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 08:34 PM
  #28
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,970
vCash: 500
Maatta, slowly but surely, aiming for a top 10 spot.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 08:43 PM
  #29
Jesker
Registered User
 
Jesker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
What do you guys think of Dylan Blujus ? Saw him a play a couple of times and looked really poised as he played a smart effective game. Has solid stats, has great size (6'3 and 190), right-handed shot, and looked like the general of Brampton's defense but he's ranked pretty far...

I know there's some concern on defensive aspect of his game as well as his physical game, but arn't they the same concerns you would apply to Griffin Reinhart or Derrick Pouliot for example ?

Jesker is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 08:46 PM
  #30
Krnage
Registered User
 
Krnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Fermont
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,859
vCash: 500
Seth Jones will have a new home next season with the Portland Winterhawks.
http://futureconsiderations.ca/jones...h-winterhawks/

Krnage is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 08:57 PM
  #31
phillytennis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Nicholas kerdiles!!!

If we can find a way to get a second pick in the 1st round...around the 20th
overall...we should get a true go getter...a grinder with a scoring touch...
Nicholas Kerdiles...6'1, 200 lbs., could become the next Max Pacioretty.

phillytennis is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 09:23 PM
  #32
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix60 View Post
Do you guys think Murray is a lock for the NHL next season, since he's already playing with the big guys in an international competition (in a limited role, but still).

Also, do you think he's a good comparable to Erik Johnson?
I believe Murray can jump right in and play. He'll better than you think. People under value Murray's offensive potential. I heard Bobby Mac said he can play a shutdown game like Erik Gudbranson or offensive game like Ryan Murphy. I don't know about you but when I think of Gudbranson I think of Jovanovski and when I think of Murphy I think of Brian Rafalski.

rockjngo is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 09:31 PM
  #33
Not a Fish
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Nice blog written by Galchenyuk himself:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=9327
Iím actually wondering what the odds are that
Galchenyuk wrote this blog himself. Remember that players and their entourage (agents) stand to gain greatly by being picked early.

It may go something like this (speculation only):

A meeting takes place between the agent, the player, and a public relations firm.

Agent: We need your help. Our client has dropped in the latest draft rankings. Weíre afraid that he may drop even further.

Public relations guy: what in your opinion is the reason for this?

Agent: Well, he didnít play all year and when he did return to action he didnít perform as well as we had hoped.

Public relations guy: Why?

Agent: It could be many reasons: 1. Itís my clientís first playoffs. 2. He was not in game shape. 3. Bad luck. 4. The other teamís goalie was hot.

Public relations guy: OK How about we put together a blog to remind everyone of your clientís assets i.e., team player, warrior, and completely healed. We would make sure to write it in such a way that it will not sound like excuses for subpar performance.

Now go read the blog Ö

Not a Fish is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 09:36 PM
  #34
Not a Fish
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysvette View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...hl_news_notes/

Sorry if this has been posted already but Sam mentions that Grigs has been diagnosed with Mono...might explain his slow play lately, in which I was able to see first hand...
Now im sure if Grigs would be a bad choice...im still thinking that Galchenyuk has a higher ceiling..
It may explain it or it may not. Mono can be as mild as a common cold or so severe that it requires hospitalization.

Not a Fish is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:07 PM
  #35
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montrťal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,545
vCash: 500
Man, 13 draft threads in one year, this has got to be some sort of record.

JAVO16 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:19 PM
  #36
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not a Fish View Post
It may explain it or it may not. Mono can be as mild as a common cold or so severe that it requires hospitalization.
Yeah, Mono can really **** you up.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:24 PM
  #37
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 14,979
vCash: 500
Lots of interesting choices with their 2nd rounders. I can see the Habs trade Nashville's pick for a couple more 3rd rounders.

I really like Matteau and Sissons early in the 2nd. Two guys that can be difference makers on the ice with hard, physical play. The player that can make the difference on the scoresheet can be picked with their 1st, the player that will lay the big hit or block a big shot at the end of the game can be picked in the 2nd.

le_sean is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:32 PM
  #38
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Lots of interesting choices with their 2nd rounders. I can see the Habs trade Nashville's pick for a couple more 3rd rounders.

I really like Matteau and Sissons early in the 2nd. Two guys that can be difference makers on the ice with hard, physical play. The player that can make the difference on the scoresheet can be picked with their 1st, the player that will lay the big hit or block a big shot at the end of the game can be picked in the 2nd.
Sissons sounds like a great pick up. He is considered one of the strongest two way players in the draft so he is probably going to make it to the NHL some day just for his defensive abilities.

googlymoogly is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 10:36 PM
  #39
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 14,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Sissons sounds like a great pick up. He is considered one of the strongest two way players in the draft so he is probably going to make it to the NHL some day just for his defensive abilities.
I don't know how good his skating is, but he sounds like a Timmins kind of pick. Two-way play and leadership. Leblanc is really the only sure-fire forward with those qualities on the team. Bournival is another possibility, but who knows after his poor playoff performance.

le_sean is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:18 PM
  #40
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,907
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I also like Matteau. Seems like a player similar to Pacioretty in his draft year.

Rise from the Ashes is online now  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:26 PM
  #41
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
If we somehow luck into Yakupov, I'll be thrilled beyond belief because he's like Kessel only with bite to his game.

If we draft Galchenyuk, I'll be ecstatic as you may have guessed.

If we draft Grigorenko, I'll be happy because he remains a mammoth talent with a terrific brain and I think we'll have enough guys up who really care at the wing position (Pacioretty, Gallagher, Leblanc, etc) to makeup for his possible ''baggage''.

If we draft Forsberg, I'll be pleased with it because you know the guy who recommended Lidstrom and Lundqvist (Rockstrom) would have had a huge say.

If we draft Murray or Dumba, I'll look forward to having an excellent foursome of young defenders to build around, while also immediately being on board with a scenario where we acquire Schenn or Couturier from Philly in a year or two for one of them.

Any other pick at #3 would be bad, for the love of god trade down if for some reason Teravainen-Rielly-Trouba is our guy.
sums up my feelings pretty closely.

i think Dumba & Galchenyuk are the "safest" to make the most out of their potential, though Yakupov, Grigs, Murray & Forsberg all probably have slightly higher end physical talent/skill potential.


If Timmins does favour one of the other kids projecting to be picked later, I hope Bergevin does manage to trade down, but if not, I'll give our scouting team the short-term benefit of the doubt & cross my fingers that we don't end up with a "Hickey".

Miller Time is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:39 PM
  #42
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,971
vCash: 597
YES! Guaranteed that the Nashville pick will be #51 at worst.

Good chance it's #50. 1 of NJ forfeits their 1st OR Rangers lose to WSH needs to happen (NJ will forfeit, IMO).

If both happen, #49.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:50 PM
  #43
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
sums up my feelings pretty closely.

i think Dumba & Galchenyuk are the "safest" to make the most out of their potential, though Yakupov, Grigs, Murray & Forsberg all probably have slightly higher end physical talent/skill potential.


If Timmins does favour one of the other kids projecting to be picked later, I hope Bergevin does manage to trade down, but if not, I'll give our scouting team the short-term benefit of the doubt & cross my fingers that we don't end up with a "Hickey".
That "Hickey" is a disease common to LA Kings,Timmins is immune to the garden variety diseases that the rest of the teams in the NHL seem to catch.Montreal fans are extremely happy to have a head scout that develops their players that has this immunity.Yeah Trevor!

S Bah is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 03:23 AM
  #44
HockeyF3ind
Registered User
 
HockeyF3ind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not a Fish View Post
Iím actually wondering what the odds are that
Galchenyuk wrote this blog himself. Remember that players and their entourage (agents) stand to gain greatly by being picked early.

It may go something like this (speculation only):

A meeting takes place between the agent, the player, and a public relations firm.

Agent: We need your help. Our client has dropped in the latest draft rankings. Weíre afraid that he may drop even further.

Public relations guy: what in your opinion is the reason for this?

Agent: Well, he didnít play all year and when he did return to action he didnít perform as well as we had hoped.

Public relations guy: Why?

Agent: It could be many reasons: 1. Itís my clientís first playoffs. 2. He was not in game shape. 3. Bad luck. 4. The other teamís goalie was hot.

Public relations guy: OK How about we put together a blog to remind everyone of your clientís assets i.e., team player, warrior, and completely healed. We would make sure to write it in such a way that it will not sound like excuses for subpar performance.

Now go read the blog Ö


You see the world as it is.

HockeyF3ind is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 04:37 AM
  #45
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
We need to draft Ryan Murray, to replace the hurt of losing McDonagh.

He will be even better than McDonagh, or should be anyway.

BobbyFischer* is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 05:07 AM
  #46
Saintpatrick
Registered User
 
Saintpatrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
We need to draft Ryan Murray, to replace the hurt of losing McDonagh.

He will be even better than McDonagh, or should be anyway.
It certainly would. Murray looks like a beast of a player but I'd love to get a star center. My first choice would be Galchenyuk but I wouldn't mind Grigs either. I can hardly wait till draft day to see what happens

Saintpatrick is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 08:47 AM
  #47
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,971
vCash: 597
They aren't that comparable in my mind. Murray is nowhere near as physical. Trouba is more like McDonagh.

Timmins needs to pick the best player, not try to repair the idiotic mistake made by people no longer in charge.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 09:00 AM
  #48
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Lots of interesting choices with their 2nd rounders. I can see the Habs trade Nashville's pick for a couple more 3rd rounders.

I really like Matteau and Sissons early in the 2nd. Two guys that can be difference makers on the ice with hard, physical play. The player that can make the difference on the scoresheet can be picked with their 1st, the player that will lay the big hit or block a big shot at the end of the game can be picked in the 2nd.
I haven't seen much of Sissons, but as a late 1993 41 points in 58 games screams 3rd or 4th liner to me...does he have enough upside for round 2?

By comparison Sutter went 59 in 70 and most people see him as a good 3rd liner.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 09:10 AM
  #49
Halifaxhab
Registered User
 
Halifaxhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post


You see the world as it is.
But do Scouts really give a crap about the blog? Average Joes like us do, but do scouts put any weight into this or just base i off of interviews and Scouting?

Halifaxhab is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 09:12 AM
  #50
Halifaxhab
Registered User
 
Halifaxhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I haven't seen much of Sissons, but as a late 1993 41 points in 58 games screams 3rd or 4th liner to me...does he have enough upside for round 2?

By comparison Sutter went 59 in 70 and most people see him as a good 3rd liner.
If it came down to it, I'd choose Sutter before Sissons. Sutter can score, but he is also well groomed in the FO circle and has all the sandpaper you'd want in a bottom 6 role

Halifaxhab is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.