HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 13.0

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2012, 04:43 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kakalovitch View Post
with Nashville losing, the Devils pick possibly forfeited, and at least two teams jumping past the Preds to the Conference finals, the 2nd 2nd should be somewhere in the range of #50. Hooray! Plus Kostitsyn and Gill are gone! Yay!
The devil's pick is gone, IMO. Would make no sense to keep it this year. Also pushes our 2nd rounder up to 32nd. Might not seem like much, but every spot counts, especially right outside the first. Could get some real nice fallers there.

Old
05-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Prospects I'd be interested in...

1st round : Galchenyuk, Forsberg, Grigorenko
2nd round : Frk (IF he drops there, doubtful), Kerdiles, Bozon
2nd round : Samuelsson, Sutter, Zharkov
3rd round : Marcantuoni, Makarov, Ebert (who knows)
4th round : Bussieres, Hudon, Iafrate
6th round : Graham, Martinook, Rissling, Fournier, Zlobin (who knows, might drop there, might go earlier, might not get drafted at all)

Old
05-08-2012, 05:52 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
It's clear you have an axe to grind.

The KHL thing is overblown. As has been posted here numerous times, the KHL has lost ALOT of it's luster over the last few years. Maybe for a team like Phoenix it would be an issue, but for us? You think Grigs would rather play in the KHL over Les Canadien? Especially when he's come over here already to play junior? It just doesn't seem logical...

Also he may not be bowling guys over, but he hardly is scared of physical play. And he does go to the net. He's no more perimeter than Spezza, Thornton, or Henrik Sedin....
Before the 2011-2012 season started,I was lauding Grigorenko and how good this kid can play.All I heard was Yakupov is better then came the Galchenyuk comparisons before he could have seen him play,so take his thoughts with a pinch and a twist.Some people can't take being wrong and go the extra yard to antagonize a player he's never met,let alone done something to him.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:22 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Prospects I'd be interested in...

1st round : Galchenyuk, Forsberg, Grigorenko
2nd round : Frk (IF he drops there, doubtful), Kerdiles, Bozon
2nd round : Samuelsson, Sutter, Zharkov
3rd round : Marcantuoni, Makarov, Ebert (who knows)
4th round : Bussieres, Hudon, Iafrate
6th round : Graham, Martinook, Rissling, Fournier, Zlobin (who knows, might drop there, might go earlier, might not get drafted at all)
There's no way Fournier slips to the 6th round.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

http://thehockeywriters.com/alex-gal...spect-profile/

Old
05-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
I'd love to see the Habs pick up Finnish defenseman Esa Lindell in the third round.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
05-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Et le But

Galchenyuk's draft blog:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=9327

Old
05-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

I was hoping we'd take either Mikko Vainonen or Pelech and if Hudon is available in the 3rd round I'd take a chance on him.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Prospector

Am I the only one who thinks Galchenyuk is similar to Voracek in terms of playstyle and how they look on the ice?

Old
05-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Not what people want to hear probably....but you have to expect at least 2 Q players in this draft. So make your pick. My bet is that we pick 2 or even 3 of Frk, Beauvillier, Lalancette, Hudon, Fournier and Bussières.

And we invite at our prospect camp Clapperton and Andrighetto.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:52 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not what people want to hear probably....but you have to expect at least 2 Q players in this draft. So make your pick. My bet is that we pick 2 or even 3 of Frk, Beauvillier, Lalancette, Hudon, Fournier and Bussières.

You seem to have this idea that people don't want us to draft from the Q. Most of us just want the best players. If they're from the Q, great. If not, fine. It's not much harder than that.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Et le But

Quote:

I'm more than fine with seeing them pick from the Q for comparable prospects. It should never, ever be the major factor in our first round pick though.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:55 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'm more than fine with seeing them pick from the Q for comparable prospects. It should never, ever be the major factor in our first round pick though.
Was it ever ?

Not very often in a long long while ... Leblanc was not technically a Q product... But Beaulieu was... You have to go back to 1998 with Chouinard to find another one... And the Habs took the wrong Quebec Remparts' one !

Old
05-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Habsoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You seem to have this idea that people don't want us to draft from the Q. Most of us just want the best players. If they're from the Q, great. If not, fine. It's not much harder than that.
Who cares if they're from mars if they're the bpa.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Was it ever ?

Not very often in a long long while ... Leblanc was not technically a Q product... But Beaulieu was... You have to go back to 1998 with Chouinard to find another one... And the Habs took the wrong Quebec Remparts' one !
I don't think it was, but you occasionally hear talk that we 'have' to take Grigorenko because it would be bad PR to miss out on a great propsect from the Q. To me that's a terrible mentality to have when drafting, if you think Galchenyuk (or whoever) is a better overall player than Grigo you don't have second doubts just because it would look bad if you are wrong. You trust your own experts, not what the fans think.

But Beaulieu is a case where, as a casual Q fan, I was happy to get someone from the Q, but he was also clearly the BPA.

I don't think Bergevin would ever force the Habs to draft from the Q, just focus more scouting resources on it.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Takashi

What are the potential of Gally, Grigs, Forsberg and Tero if none of them bust ? (in points)

Old
05-08-2012, 10:04 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I don't think it was, but you occasionally hear talk that we 'have' to take Grigorenko because it would be bad PR to miss out on a great propsect from the Q. To me that's a terrible mentality to have when drafting, if you think Galchenyuk (or whoever) is a better overall player than Grigo you don't have second doubts just because it would look bad if you are wrong. You trust your own experts, not what the fans think.

But Beaulieu is a case where, as a casual Q fan, I was happy to get someone from the Q, but he was also clearly the BPA.

I don't think Bergevin would ever force the Habs to draft from the Q, just focus more scouting resources on it.
As I said, I don't think anyone was ever forced to draft a Q player just for the sake of it in the last decade at least, and not very often the decade before, too.

I don,t think folks want to have Grigorenko because he is playing in the Q. Actually, I think a majority of people don't want him at all.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospector View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Galchenyuk is similar to Voracek in terms of playstyle and how they look on the ice?
I watched Voracek in juniors. I don't see too many similarities in their games at this point.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Matheson and Mallet. Beauvillier I wouldn't bother drafting him.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Matheson and Mallet. Beauvillier I wouldn't bother drafting him.
I'd like to see Matheson (not in Q but a Quebec native) and Cedric Paquette (probably 5th/6th rd....maybe 4th) a solid late rd pick

Old
05-08-2012, 10:21 PM
WHATaboutLOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post
What are the potential of Gally, Grigs, Forsberg and Tero if none of them bust ? (in points)
IF they dont bust, and they develop to their maximum potential:

Gally : point per game, 80 pts. maybe 35 goals 45 assists regulary

Grigorenko: IF he doesnt bust, I see a 90 points player in him. Maybe a little bit more.

Forsberg: Well beetween 70 and 75 points.

Teravainen: Don't know him well.«

Note: I'm not saying that Grigorenko is the best and that Forsberg is the worst pick. Just saying what their maximum potential is. (as my pick is Galchenyuk )

Old
05-08-2012, 10:31 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:

Drafting Fournier with Nashville's or the Habs 3rd pick and Mallet or Paquette with a 4th/5th would make my happy.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATaboutLOVE View Post
IF they dont bust, and they develop to their maximum potential:

Gally : point per game, 80 pts. maybe 35 goals 45 assists regulary

Grigorenko: IF he doesnt bust, I see a 90 points player in him. Maybe a little bit more.

Forsberg: Well beetween 70 and 75 points.

Teravainen: Don't know him well.«

Note: I'm not saying that Grigorenko is the best and that Forsberg is the worst pick. Just saying what their maximum potential is. (as my pick is Galchenyuk )
Yet Forsberg could end up a 50 goals scorer Grigorenko a 120 point Offensive threat and galchenyuk a third line tweener...

Easy to make up potential when you know squat about them.

Old
05-09-2012, 03:39 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Good article

Everytime I read an article on Galchenyuk it makes me want to see him a in Habs jersey more and more!! (same with Dumba!!).

Dream come true (fantasy):
We somehow draft Galchenyuk and Dumba!!
(these fantasy Draft moves by Timmins will be rememberd as the ''Galchumba!!'').

Old
05-09-2012, 03:56 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan88 View Post
This. I really think the Habs should take Grigorenko... Markov would take him under his wing and he would develop and be a Habs superstar.. I can feel it!!
Emelin could take him under his wing...less of an age difference and Markov won't be a Hab for too long anyways imo (and is rarely around the team since he's usually nursing injury after injury because of a very fragile body...knock on wood for next season since we need him to make the playoffs, but once in playoffs we'll need real warriors...Ryan UFA Suter anyone?!).

Anyways...Galchenyuk (or Dumba) for me.

Near future:
Tinordi - PK Subban
Beaulieu - Dumba!
Emelin- Gorges
Ellis

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 05-09-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Closed Thread