Old
09-05-2012, 03:30 PM
defensehockey19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLEYE View Post
The person whose post preceded me. PetesFan94
Which forum?

Edit: Nevermind, I have decided to refrain from positing any rumours on these forums that I read on twitter or whatever... I'm going to strictly post MY opinions on games and how our players preform. And that's why I don't like posting on that forum.. Too much b.s. (Negativity)

Last edited by defensehockey19: 09-05-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old
09-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLEYE View Post
How come you don't post on the other forum anymore?

Cornel has shown plenty of ability so far.
well not really sure you have been to camp or to the exhibition game but....this is a third overall pick and should be producing and ready for the league. In my opinion Cornell is not ready. He might have potential but not as a first rounder and definitely not as a 3rd overall pick. Zero points and scared of the corners is not my idea of a player ready to play in this league. And I have been a huge fan of this kid for years but with players his age.

Old
09-05-2012, 04:36 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
well not really sure you have been to camp or to the exhibition game but....this is a third overall pick and should be producing and ready for the league. In my opinion Cornell is not ready. He might have potential but not as a first rounder and definitely not as a 3rd overall pick. Zero points and scared of the corners is not my idea of a player ready to play in this league. And I have been a huge fan of this kid for years but with players his age.
I saw Cornel play in the exhibition game against the Steelheads and I understand the frustration. Fans must realize that it takes most rookies half a season to almost a full season to adjust to the OHL, you have to have patience. This is only exhibition not even the full rosters yet, it only gets tougher. Let him get settled have some practices under his belt and line chemistry before you judge the kid. In order to be selected in the top 3 you must have skill and he was selected for that reason.

Old
09-05-2012, 04:42 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
I saw Cornel play in the exhibition game against the Steelheads and I understand the frustration. Fans must realize that it takes most rookies half a season to almost a full season to adjust to the OHL, you have to have patience. This is only exhibition not even the full rosters yet, it only gets tougher. Let him get settled have some practices under his belt and line chemistry before you judge the kid. In order to be selected in the top 3 you must have skill and he was selected for that reason.
I actually like the kid, think the kid eventually will be very good but NHL Fanatic what most fans are saying is the guys who go in the top 5 usually make an immediate impact.

If you were Reid would u have taken him over Fabbri, Ho-Sang and McCann??

Old
09-05-2012, 05:04 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
I actually like the kid, think the kid eventually will be very good but NHL Fanatic what most fans are saying is the guys who go in the top 5 usually make an immediate impact.

I understand that but its still exhibition, wait until the season actually starts. Personally I still don't understand how Ho-sang slipped past #2. But regardless many scouts & GMs had Cornel going in the top 5.

Old
09-06-2012, 10:37 AM
ottawafan66

Alex Robinson had surgery on his jaw yesterday. Not sure how long he's out for.

Old
09-06-2012, 03:13 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post

No I wouldnt have. I liked Fabbri more and he is a Reid type of player. I guarantee u size turned them off Fabbri. Hosang wasnt going to report if they risked drafting him at #3. He was locked on Windsor and basically off the board. It would have been hard for me to decide between Fabbri and McCann. In the end I had Fabbri at #3. McCann #4. I think Cornell will be fine though, and he is a fantastic prospect.

Old
09-06-2012, 05:50 PM
SchennerandNazzie

Can anybody let me know a link to watch the game or a radio broadcast tonight. thanks in advance

Old
09-06-2012, 07:54 PM
newfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Alex Robinson had surgery on his jaw yesterday. Not sure how long he's out for.
i am just catching up on things......what happened to Alex?

Old
09-06-2012, 09:00 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
i am just catching up on things......what happened to Alex?
I believe it was a puck to the face in scrimmage.

Old
09-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Petes96

he was on the bench during the Maroon and White game and Varga fired it into the bench and hit him

Old
09-08-2012, 04:45 AM
Radzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennerandNazzie View Post
Can anybody let me know a link to watch the game or a radio broadcast tonight. thanks in advance
Radio broadcast online is 90.5fm google Peterborough 90.5FM and you will find it if i have time when I am on my computer I will post the link

Edit
Here is the link for the radio stream
http://www.fm905.ca/

Last edited by Radzy: 09-08-2012 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Inserted a link
Old
09-08-2012, 06:46 AM
JL17

How'd Zac Tierney fair at camp??? He's a neighbour of mine and I've been away for 2 weeks and haven't seen the family since I got back..

Old
09-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Petes96

Peterborough Petes General Manager David Reid announced this morning that the team has re-assigned defenceman Cole Murduff and forwards Cody Thompson and Matt McCartney to their Tier II affiliate Lindsay Muskies.

All three players saw action with the Petes during the 2011-12 season.

Murduff and Thompson split time between the Petes and Liftlock Stars while McCartney played with the Lindsay Muskies.

Old
09-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Radzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
Peterborough Petes General Manager David Reid announced this morning that the team has re-assigned defenceman Cole Murduff and forwards Cody Thompson and Matt McCartney to their Tier II affiliate Lindsay Muskies.

All three players saw action with the Petes during the 2011-12 season.

Murduff and Thompson split time between the Petes and Liftlock Stars while McCartney played with the Lindsay Muskies.
McCartney was in the Lineup against Missy Thursday night bizzare move to have him in the lineup after being sent down. I guess they wanted one last look?

Old
09-14-2012, 12:35 AM
Radzy

I hope the Petes play alot better in the season. Findlay, Betzold and Menard all played well in Thursday game. Tanus started the game and was hit at centre ice and never returned not sure what the injury is if any. Ritchie was chasing the hit all game and played what I believe to be his worse game as a Pete. 3 not so smart penalties which all lead to goals including 2 goals on a double minor which tied the game at 2 and than the go ahead goal. He did how ever have a really nice fight. Varga was playing some good D. Heitkamp was in and out made a few good plays. Trojanovic was playing a rough game which was nice. Cornel is starting to look a little bit more comfortable out there. Ceresnak played a good two way game. Lorentz has some really good speed I see him as a set up guy for sure. Murphy keeps playing the way he did tonight he will place high in the upcoming draft. Maguire had a nice hit could be used as a set up guy for this season. Nosad good speed couple hits. Pierog amazing speed awesome fight man he is quick with the hands. Boland played a good defensive game. Koekkoek is hoping to be back for season opener. Giugovaz played awesome great rebound control not sure why the switched the goalies. Two Petes that need to bring more to the game after watching them Thursday night is Ritchie and D'Agostini. If they dont as a fan I have no problem seeing them traded. On a team note penalties killed us this game. We were out shooting them like 20-5 after 1 and finally shots 29-28 Peterborough bad 2nd and 3rd lots of penalties. Would be interesting to see what we would get for Ritchie and D'Agostini. What do you think we could get?

Old
09-14-2012, 02:07 AM
Radzy

Petes have a OA slot empty a list of possible fillers that would help out. I will say you my fav is at the end of the list
Sudbury has 4 OAs
Michael Kantor RW 29 pts last season split between SSM and Sudbury could be good with Findlay
Sault Ste Marie has 4 OAs
Brandon Alderson RW 39 pts last season could be good with Findlay
David Quesnele LW very unlikely since he wanted out of Peterborough 19 pts
Saginaw has 4 OAs
Garret Ross LW 54 pts
Brandon Saad LW 76 pts
Carlos Amestoy C 17 pts
Owen Sound has 4 OAs
Brendan Childerley RW 14 pts
Daniel Zweep LW 12 pts
Oshawa has 5 OAs
JP Labardo C 19 pts
Scott Sabourin RW 19 pts
Emerson Clark LW 14 pts
Niagara has 5 OAs
Steven Shipley C 49 pts
Myles Doan C 21 pts
Mitch Bennett RW 1 pts
Barrie has 5 OAs on roster and 1 at home waiting for a trade
Steven Beyers RW 51 pts
Tanner Pearson LW 91 pts Likely playing AHL
Gregg Sutch (currently at home waiting for a trade) 21 pts
Here is my top 10.
1. Saad
2. Ross
3. Beyers
4. Shipley
5. Alderson
6. Kantor
7. Doan
8. Sutch
9. Labardo
10. Sabourin

Old
09-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Hockey Fan 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radzy View Post
Petes have a OA slot empty a list of possible fillers that would help out. I will say you my fav is at the end of the list
Sudbury has 4 OAs
Michael Kantor RW 29 pts last season split between SSM and Sudbury could be good with Findlay
Sault Ste Marie has 4 OAs
Brandon Alderson RW 39 pts last season could be good with Findlay
David Quesnele LW very unlikely since he wanted out of Peterborough 19 pts
Saginaw has 4 OAs
Garret Ross LW 54 pts
Brandon Saad LW 76 pts
Carlos Amestoy C 17 pts
Owen Sound has 4 OAs
Brendan Childerley RW 14 pts
Daniel Zweep LW 12 pts
Oshawa has 5 OAs
JP Labardo C 19 pts
Scott Sabourin RW 19 pts
Emerson Clark LW 14 pts
Niagara has 5 OAs
Steven Shipley C 49 pts
Myles Doan C 21 pts
Mitch Bennett RW 1 pts
Barrie has 5 OAs on roster and 1 at home waiting for a trade
Steven Beyers RW 51 pts
Tanner Pearson LW 91 pts Likely playing AHL
Gregg Sutch (currently at home waiting for a trade) 21 pts
Here is my top 10.
1. Saad
2. Ross
3. Beyers
4. Shipley
5. Alderson
6. Kantor
7. Doan
8. Sutch
9. Labardo
10. Sabourin
Lots of forwards on this list.........I'm thinking that the Petes would be better served with a good OA defenseman that can help protect a lead when necessary. There is nothing a coach likes better than to be able to throw out a shutdown type defenseman to control the defensive zone. They already have a couple that can contribute in this role......but can never have too many of these types of players especially an older established veteran.

Old
09-14-2012, 10:50 AM
pipertim

". Would be interesting to see what we would get for Ritchie and D'Agostini. What do you think we could get?[/QUOTE]

Ritchie needs direction from the coaches on how to use his talents - he does not need to be traded. He has generally been good during the camp anyway so why the trade talk?

Old
09-14-2012, 12:00 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipertim View Post
". Would be interesting to see what we would get for Ritchie and D'Agostini. What do you think we could get?
Ritchie won't be traded, he is too valuable to the team. Even if he had a sub par training camp and exhibition that can't discredit him for what he did during the regular season last year. Unless he requests a trade I don't see the Petes getting rid of Ritchie anytime soon but if he ever were to be placed on the trade block I'd expect minimum 3-5 picks going back the Petes way.

Old
09-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Radzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Ritchie won't be traded, he is too valuable to the team. Even if he had a sub par training camp and exhibition that can't discredit him for what he did during the regular season last year. Unless he requests a trade I don't see the Petes getting rid of Ritchie anytime soon but if he ever were to be placed on the trade block I'd expect minimum 3-5 picks going back the Petes way.
The Petes need to stop looking at what people did in the past year and get people that play game in game out. We got rid of Kassian because he was play lazy on the ice and he was are captain. Very frustrating to see a kid play lazy and chase hits all games 3 penalties for Ritchie 3 ppg for missy all I was saying is if this type of play continues they may want to think about moving him. I am hoping it was just an exhibition thing.

Old
09-24-2012, 07:00 PM
KnightsInsider93

In an attempt to pull a prank. Team members staged a robbery at Eric Cornel's house. Neighbours saw the suspicious activity and called police. Players were taken down and cuffed before they got to explain the situation.

Story broken by: @OHLInsiders on twitter

Old
09-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
In an attempt to pull a prank. Team members staged a robbery at Eric Cornel's house. Neighbours saw the suspicious activity and called police. Players were taken down and cuffed before they got to explain the situation.

Story broken by: @OHLInsiders on twitter
Prank seriously backfiring. Not very well thought out. The billet family was apparently in on the hoax. I'm sure Eric's parents are just thrilled their son is living with such a morally sound family.

Old
09-26-2012, 10:31 AM
SittingDuck

hello OHL followers. Dont know if this is the right place to ask this, but i'm interested in how jonatan tanus has played so far with the petes.

Does he look like kid who could get drafted? He was a couple of years ago said to be the most talented 1995 born finnish hockey player (even more talented than barkov) and since then his development has kind of declined Thanks for the answers!

Old
09-26-2012, 01:09 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
Prank seriously backfiring. Not very well thought out. The billet family was apparently in on the hoax. I'm sure Eric's parents are just thrilled their son is living with such a morally sound family.
I'm sure it was a funny idea but not thought out too well. I'm not gonna hang these kids on that as it wasn't some bizarre hazing or similar terrible event. It was a dumb idea and it went wrong and hopefully the learned from that. Just wondering if was vets or younger guys who were involved?

Closed Thread