Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Nabru
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglesmagee View Post
I like the addition of Menard, and Francis.. what are opinions of Hatcher and Campagna? I really liked Campagnas play towards the end of the year and Hatcher brought a gritty force
Hatcher belongs in Junior B. Even then...

Old
06-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danglesmagee View Post
I like the addition of Menard, and Francis.. what are opinions of Hatcher and Campagna? I really liked Campagnas play towards the end of the year and Hatcher brought a gritty force
unfortunately they're both going have the same fate as Fitze. Both will be released either before camp or during. Unless Mathers is dealt and then maybe Hatcher could step into that roll. But as long as Mathers is wearing maroon and white there will not be a spot for him.

Old
06-11-2012, 04:41 PM
defensehockey19

Gudbranson was aquired for 2nd, 4th, 9th. We could have flipped the import those picks easily.

Our offense should be deadly if Puempel can return to 100% form

Old
06-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Gudbranson was aquired for 2nd, 4th, 9th. We could have flipped the import those picks easily.

Our offense should be deadly if Puempel can return to 100% form
who got him?

Old
06-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Hockey Fan 19

In Pumpel, Menard, Finlay, Quine, and Ritchie, the Petes will have the potential for 5 players with 60+ points if Ritchie reaches the potential that everyone expects. With a decent supporting cast, the playoffs should not be a lofty enough goal if their back end stays healthy.

Old
Hockey Fan 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
who got him?
Greyhounds

Old
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
who got him?
SSM Greyhounds

Old
06-11-2012, 04:55 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
who got him?
Soo.

Nurse-Gudbranson. Wow.

Old
06-11-2012, 04:56 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan 19 View Post
In Pumpel, Menard, Finlay, Quine, and Ritchie, the Petes will have the potential for 5 players with 60+ points if Ritchie reaches the potential that everyone expects. With a decent supporting cast, the playoffs should not be a lofty enough goal if their back end stays healthy.
Imagine how pretty we'd be sitting if Martschini was added to that.

Old
06-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Hockey Fan 19

Hounds also dealt their 9th round selection from 2010 to Windsor for a 4th. What do you think the chances are that he finally reports??

Old
06-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Hockey Fan 19

Quote:
Imagine how pretty we'd be sitting if Martschini was added to that.
Amen

Old
06-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Hockey Fan 19

Makes that Import Pick very important......hopefully get good value whether they exercise or not.

Old
06-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan 19 View Post
Makes that Import Pick very important......hopefully get good value whether they exercise or not.
I'm thinking a nice puck moving D-man would fit in nice for back end with the import pick

Old
06-11-2012, 05:17 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
I'm thinking a nice puck moving D-man would fit in nice for back end with the import pick
Curcurto might be available with the addition of Gudbranson to SSM

Deffinitly didn't spell that right. Nobody could spell the names of our top d pairing if we got him!

Koekkoek Curcuruto ahahaha

Old
06-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Hockey Fan 19

Quote:

Deffinitly didn't spell that right. Nobody could spell the names of our top d pairing if we got him!

Not only is he available but rumour has it that he wants out of the Soo. Don't think he enjoys playing in Nurse's shadow.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:42 PM
PTBOPETEGM
Rookie User

Puemple and the Peterborough Petes days are finished...Now of course all you people on here think its all one sided that Puemple has asked to be traded but let me assure you that isnt just it. The Petes always tend to put it on the player when they do something that would not look good on the organization. There is alot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that fans writing on here (like myself) are not aware of....just ask any individual player and they will tell you. Puemple is involved in the community and loves the city. Him and Tyler Calver from CHEX TV are great friends and hangout often, so he might know more details? So for someone like this to have rumours speculating around him......what is truly going on???????????????????

Old
06-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTBOPETEGM View Post
Puemple and the Peterborough Petes days are finished...Now of course all you people on here think its all one sided that Puemple has asked to be traded but let me assure you that isnt just it. The Petes always tend to put it on the player when they do something that would not look good on the organization. There is alot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that fans writing on here (like myself) are not aware of....just ask any individual player and they will tell you. Puemple is involved in the community and loves the city. Him and Tyler Calver from CHEX TV are great friends and hangout often, so he might know more details? So for someone like this to have rumours speculating around him......what is truly going on???????????????????
well if what you are saying is true then I am very disappointed in Mr. Puempel himself. He has been suspended and injured the last two seasons and has watched the team decompose before his very eyes. And him being a part of that. Last season the team did not fair well in the standings but as a team they developed and evolved into a team that will be a contender this year. With him gone for 25 games and Koekkoek gone for 40 it was a real detriment to the team success. With Puempel being the "Captain" he should shoulder some of this blame and want to be a team player and help his team get to the next level. His poor judgement of skipping out of the banquet to go south with "new" friends from Binghamton was a slap in the organizations face and to his charity "Puempel's Purpose". (to which he finally tweeted about just yesterday that raised $8,000 for the Children's Wish Foundation).

Again if this is true I am pledging to Mr. Reid to not allow Puempel to dictate his own fate. This is a stand that the organization must make and take immediately. Get the best for the team or have him sit at home in Essex county. I'm sure the Senators will have something to say about his demands when he is sitting for an entire season

Last edited by Petes96: 06-12-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old
06-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:

Hell, I want this to happen for you just to hear opposing PBP guys have to struggle with that.

If Khokhlachev is signed by Boston and sent back - maybe we could trade him to you for Puemple straight up.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Petes1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTBOPETEGM View Post
I'm confused by your post.

You start out sounding like you know what's going on by saying Puempel's done in Peterborough, and blame it on the organization, yet then finish up by asking what's the truth to the rumors?

The way you finished up your comment makes it sound like you're doing nothing more then speculating?

Old
06-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Petes96

[QUOTE=Guerzy;50580459]He was in Mexico on a family vacation, which I was told was planned without knowing when the banquet was. All in all, not really acceptable in my opinion given this banquet happens every year around the same time and as you say, he was to be there for a presentation of a donation that was centered around himself.

tweeted May 1st by Puempel

Matt Puempel ‏@mpuempel

On a pretty important note I'm all packed and on the way to mexico with the boys #hawks #colasonthebeach

Old
06-12-2012, 03:34 PM
defensehockey19

If he's back or not... First thing he shouldn't wear the 'C' and if he is dealt they need to get almost equal talent in return.

Old
06-12-2012, 04:21 PM
defensehockey19

I wish someone with a real source would just say what's going down

Old
06-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Guerzy
Serenity

vCash: 200
Quote:
I wish someone with a real source would just say what's going down
Not so sure we'll hear anything. This is being kept very tight lipped by the organization and all of those involved. At this point I am unsure whether it is being dealt with internally and both sides are moving forward together or if it's being kept quiet until a deal is settled to trade Matt. Last I heard 2 weeks ago was "Reid is not trading Matt Puempel".

Perhaps the least Davies could do is write a story on it squashing the rumors if they are not going to trade Matt. Get comments from both sides (Reid and Puempel). To be honest it still surprises me that this has not happened. With all of the poor media attention the Petes have had this summer in regards to ownership, I don't know why they would want this sort of rumor floating about. If it's not true then clarify it and let's all move on.

I can confirm Puempel asked to be traded and say it 20 times over, but I am a nobody, so that really doesn't hold too much water for people looking for a legitimate source. Of course it also doesn't mean he will be traded, either. Sometimes these things work themselves out and all is well.

At this point, like I said, I know Puempel asked to be traded, but if it's not going to happen then it would be nice to hear from the GM and player himself that the two sides are remaining together, deny it all they want but at least smooth things over and move on forward.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:44 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Not so sure we'll hear anything. This is being kept very tight lipped by the organization and all of those involved. At this point I am unsure whether it is being dealt with internally and both sides are moving forward together or if it's being kept quiet until a deal is settled to trade Matt. Last I heard 2 weeks ago was "Reid is not trading Matt Puempel".

Perhaps the least Davies could do is write a story on it squashing the rumors if they are not going to trade Matt. Get comments from both sides (Reid and Puempel). To be honest it still surprises me that this has not happened. With all of the poor media attention the Petes have had this summer in regards to ownership, I don't know why they would want this sort of rumor floating about. If it's not true then clarify it and let's all move on.

I can confirm Puempel asked to be traded and say it 20 times over, but I am a nobody, so that really doesn't hold too much water for people looking for a legitimate source. Of course it also doesn't mean he will be traded, either. Sometimes these things work themselves out and all is well.

At this point, like I said, I know Puempel asked to be traded, but if it's not going to happen then it would be nice to hear from the GM and player himself that the two sides are remaining together, deny it all they want but at least smooth things over and move on forward.
Agree 100%, if he is going to stick it out let's move forward and focus on being a force in the eastern conference next season. If Pumps played with the heart and determination he had as a 16 year old when he won CHL rookie of the year... If he played like that next year he'd pot 50 goals. I'd bet on it.

Old
06-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Hockey Fan 19

"The Peterborough Petes announced today that General Manager David Reid has traded the 9th overall selection in the 2012 CHL Import Draft to the London Knights in exchange for the Knights 2nd round draft pick in the 2013 OHL Priority Selection, the Knights 4th round draft pick in the 2014 OHL Priority Selection and the Knights 7th round draft pick in the 2015 OHL Priority Selection."

Closed Thread