HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Do You Hope Wins the Cup?

View Poll Results: Who Do You Hope Wins the Cup?
LA Kings 11 39.29%
Phoenix Coyotes 2 7.14%
New York Rangers 7 25.00%
New Jersey Devils 4 14.29%
Washington Capitals 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-08-2012, 10:24 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Who Do You Hope Wins the Cup?

I know we have the non-blackhawk playoff talk thread, but I thought maybe we could put it to a vote.

I want New York to win...but LA is a very close second.

On a more fundamental level, anyone but Phoenix.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:39 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

4 years ago I said the Kings would win a Cup in 4-5 years to my friend. I want to seem like a God.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:58 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Rexy

Why can't I vote on any of the polls? Is there a minimum post count?

Rexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:03 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy View Post
Why can't I vote on any of the polls? Is there a minimum post count?
IIRC you have to be a member for a period of time - 30 or 45 days or something.

Old
05-09-2012, 12:17 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Now that Philly is out I'll take the Rags.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:20 AM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Now that Philly is out I'll take the Rags.
Dive city with super annoying fans? No thanks. I live in NYC right now though so I'm biased.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:33 AM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Caps or Kings.

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Kaner Coffee
Anna for Hart Trophy

Rangers and Kings for me.

Kaner Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 02:35 AM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

New Jersey w/ the totally washed-up Martin Brodeur and that lazy floater Ilya Kovalchuk.

JSmith81x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Kings West vs a team that has already won a Cup.

Rags - O6 for the third time in a row

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:05 AM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Kings all the way.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:18 AM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Kings for sure.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:00 AM
hawksfan50

Soory but i do hope PHX wins the Cup--unlike the anyone bit PHX crowd (probably because they eliminated us) I hope they win because:

1. You have to credit their players who had to put up with a no owner situation and constant talk of re-locating ....No other players in the league had to cope with that..
yes their fans in pHX probably don't deserve their team's success (because they did not fill the areana in the reg. season)--but precisely because of that:

2. ...again you have to credit the PHX players for their focus despite the empty seats in the reg season --just to make the playoffs...it is hard to play at home before such sparse crowds.. so kudos to the players for getting it done despite that..

3. Credit a TEAM for excecuting their coach's system with regularity all season long and into the playoffs.. I wish the Hawks could be as determined and focused and TEAM oriented to a system as PHX is... I do not care for the rope -a-dope ,block shots,rely on the goalie and defense first and patience system used by Tippet and other successful teams so far in the playoffs this year (NYR,PHX,L.A.,now WASH too have all bought in to that style,NJ i less rope a dope but is a hybrid of great forechecking and some attack because they can make plays and have some shooters but they still also play positionally well defensively get take-aways and transition to attack from that)....

4. Finally for PHX ---I admire the career of SHANE DOAN who deserves some playoff success after so many years in the trenches being on so many teams not gifted with great talent yet here is the consummate "professional" with great leadership who gives his effort all the time.. A Stanley Cup would cap his exemplary careeer..I hope he gets it..he deserves it. If only we could get another player like him in Chicago...

5. Finally do you really want that Hollywod Crowd in L.a. to get rewarded with a Cup ? OR NYR with their jerk of a coach? OR NJ where winning a Cup might convine Parise to take a hometown discount and stay off the market and Brodeur to play 4 more years? OR WASH that removed "beauty" from the game, reduced Ovechkin to a 16 minute a game guy , and forgot the word attack ever existed? PHX has to play defense first to win..WASH with its talent SHOULD be able to win with a more possession style but has rejected it and stifled its talent in the hope that rope-a-dope can win them a Cup IF they too get the goaltending that NYR,PHX,and L.A. constantly get from their goalies..

OVERALL--phx has the least 'talent' to work with so they must execute the Tippet system well and with constant RELIABLE regularity and get great goaltending from SMITh--else they have no chance..They must win special teams too..

You must admire a team that knows its limitations,but overcomes by executing a system together that frustrates opponents and they capitalize on mistakes when the opponent starts breaking down... Nobody likes it if the entire NHL goes into a rope-a-dope mode,but if there must be a winner from the prevent -first bunch of teams -then i hope it is the greatest underdog amongst them---PHX--- because WASH,L.A.,NJ and NYR all have some stars and superstars on their teams--they could play a more offense-first style and beat opponents if they score enough and get timely goaltending -but PHX with no superstars up front --has no choice they have to play their "system" of blocking shots,frustrating opponents who attack their zone ,then pouncing on mistakes or taking Pp advantage when opponents take penalties in frustration.. I do not afmire the system but rather the players COMMITTMENT to the ONLY way they can play to have a chance to win.

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Sarava

I honestly don't care at this point. With Philly losing - the last team I disliked has fallen.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayzinSmith View Post
New Jersey w/ the totally washed-up Martin Brodeur and that lazy floater Ilya Kovalchuk.
IMO Kovalchuk isn't the lazy one way player he used to be in Atlanta.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:30 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Soory but i do hope PHX wins the Cup--unlike the anyone bit PHX crowd (probably because they eliminated us) I hope they win because:

1. You have to credit their players who had to put up with a no owner situation and constant talk of re-locating ....No other players in the league had to cope with that..
yes their fans in pHX probably don't deserve their team's success (because they did not fill the areana in the reg. season)--but precisely because of that:

2. ...again you have to credit the PHX players for their focus despite the empty seats in the reg season --just to make the playoffs...it is hard to play at home before such sparse crowds.. so kudos to the players for getting it done despite that..

3. Credit a TEAM for excecuting their coach's system with regularity all season long and into the playoffs.. I wish the Hawks could be as determined and focused and TEAM oriented to a system as PHX is... I do not care for the rope -a-dope ,block shots,rely on the goalie and defense first and patience system used by Tippet and other successful teams so far in the playoffs this year (NYR,PHX,L.A.,now WASH too have all bought in to that style,NJ i less rope a dope but is a hybrid of great forechecking and some attack because they can make plays and have some shooters but they still also play positionally well defensively get take-aways and transition to attack from that)....

4. Finally for PHX ---I admire the career of SHANE DOAN who deserves some playoff success after so many years in the trenches being on so many teams not gifted with great talent yet here is the consummate "professional" with great leadership who gives his effort all the time.. A Stanley Cup would cap his exemplary careeer..I hope he gets it..he deserves it. If only we could get another player like him in Chicago...

5. Finally do you really want that Hollywod Crowd in L.a. to get rewarded with a Cup ? OR NYR with their jerk of a coach? OR NJ where winning a Cup might convine Parise to take a hometown discount and stay off the market and Brodeur to play 4 more years? OR WASH that removed "beauty" from the game, reduced Ovechkin to a 16 minute a game guy , and forgot the word attack ever existed? PHX has to play defense first to win..WASH with its talent SHOULD be able to win with a more possession style but has rejected it and stifled its talent in the hope that rope-a-dope can win them a Cup IF they too get the goaltending that NYR,PHX,and L.A. constantly get from their goalies..

OVERALL--phx has the least 'talent' to work with so they must execute the Tippet system well and with constant RELIABLE regularity and get great goaltending from SMITh--else they have no chance..They must win special teams too..

You must admire a team that knows its limitations,but overcomes by executing a system together that frustrates opponents and they capitalize on mistakes when the opponent starts breaking down... Nobody likes it if the entire NHL goes into a rope-a-dope mode,but if there must be a winner from the prevent -first bunch of teams -then i hope it is the greatest underdog amongst them---PHX--- because WASH,L.A.,NJ and NYR all have some stars and superstars on their teams--they could play a more offense-first style and beat opponents if they score enough and get timely goaltending -but PHX with no superstars up front --has no choice they have to play their "system" of blocking shots,frustrating opponents who attack their zone ,then pouncing on mistakes or taking Pp advantage when opponents take penalties in frustration.. I do not afmire the system but rather the players COMMITTMENT to the ONLY way they can play to have a chance to win.
No, it's because I'm still bitter about the Torres hit. That's enough for me to wish them ill.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:33 AM
digdug41982

Anyone but Phoenix, gives Bowman another excuse. He's probably sitting in front of his T.V. with a Coyotes hat and a plate of southwest style egg rolls every game. Then after they win, he can say, hey, we lost to the champs, no shame in that!!!! And he laughs at all of us while saying it.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:47 AM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Anyone but Phoenix, gives Bowman another excuse. He's probably sitting in front of his T.V. with a Coyotes hat and a plate of southwest style egg rolls every game. Then after they win, he can say, hey, we lost to the champs, no shame in that!!!! And he laughs at all of us while saying it.
Like how I laugh at you every time you post ridiculous stuff like this?

Old
05-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Sevanston

I don't have anything against any of the teams still playing.

I've had a soft spot for LA for a few years. Even more after they got Richards, and even more after they knocked out the Blues and Canucks.

PHX would actually be pretty cool. Aside from Torres, they have a pretty great story, and Tippett is an excellent coach.

One more Cup for Marty would be a great way to cap off his career.

A one and done for Dale Hunter would be pretty sweet.

New York has a great team. A little selfishly, I don't want them to win because I'm probably going to be moving there pretty soon and I'd prefer not have to deal with raised ticket prices.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:29 PM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

Picked the Rangers, but would be ok if LA won as well.

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:38 PM
AbeLincolnsGhost

Send a message via AIM to AbeLincolnsGhost
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Where's the like button?!

Anyway, I want to see a NJ vs LA final. I don't care which of them wins it.

AbeLincolnsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:46 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
We'll check back to see how you feel if the Coyotes win. Because Bowman will say exactly what I said he would. He's as predictable a GM as there is in the league.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Hawkey Town 18

I like New Jersey. Good hard-working team.

Parise is a guy I've come to have a lot of respect for.

Kovalchuk deserves to be rewarded for finally developing a two-way game and committing himself to his team's system.

Patrick Elias is extremely underrated by most people because he doesn't have the big numbers, but in reality, he was the best forward on what should be considered a modern dynasty. He plays great both ways and will do whatever his team asks of him. Maybe another Cup will make some more people take notice of him.

Don't really care as much about Brodeur, but it would be a nice way to end a great career.

Hawkey Town 18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:58 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
We'll check back to see how you feel if the Coyotes win. Because Bowman will say exactly what I said he would. He's as predictable a GM as there is in the league.
What else is he going to say? They suck, **** them?