HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

sens series or caps series

View Poll Results: which series was better
Capitals 21 60.00%
Senators 14 40.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Dactyl
💙NASH💙

vCash: 500
sens series or caps series

i dont know if its just me but did the first series almost feel more exciting/nerve racking than this one? i dont go to the games just watch it so i wonder if its just replacing MSG with the NBC clowns but i dont get it the first round just felt different to me but i feel like this round has the better games (3OT and that crazy game last night)

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

The sens series had more after the whistle scrums and fights which I love. But this series has had better games like you said.

Swagelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Dactyl
💙NASH💙

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sauer View Post
The sens series had more after the whistle scrums and fights which I love. But this series has had better games like you said.
yea maybe just no suspensions, no carkner, no neil just takes away from excitement a little which is weird because i enjoy an occasional fight but i dont love blood baths, like im not one of those few that believe avery should be on the team

Old
05-08-2012, 06:51 PM
corduroyg

sens series was more heated. more bad blood. this series has been more tame, which is surprising considering its the 3rd time in last 4 years theyve met in playoffs. youd think theyd be sick of each other by now.

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:54 PM
broadwayblue

you realize this series could have a couple more games to go, right? that said, i'd already put this series ahead based upon games 3 and 5 alone.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:56 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Really? This series isn't over yet.

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
The first series was more nerve racking for me because of all the bad blood that was formed. The stakes were raised after every whistle.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Dactyl
💙NASH💙

i never said the series was over im just saying it looks like an entirely different game is being played in this series than last

Old
05-08-2012, 07:07 PM
towely

i think it is just as nerve racking but the first one numbed us for this.
we are now well seasoned for the stress of playoffs 2012 and it only gets worse from here on out.

towely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Right now? Ottawa, because we won it. We haven't won anything against the Caps yet.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:35 PM
WalterHeisenberg

the Sens series was crazy

WalterHeisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:13 PM
bernmeister

Declined vote cause:

A we haven't finished vs caps.

B while there are differences, these all have been close games that could have gone either way.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:16 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Cap's series isn't over yet. How can we compare them when there is 1 to 2 games left?

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Dactyl
💙NASH💙

i know it isnt over yet if you want to be that stiff about comparing the series then compare the 1st 5 of each

Old
05-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

this series is already better from the standpoint that we've played better. In the Ottawa series it felt like for long periods of time it was just the Sens putting us to school, while Henrik kept the team in the game. this series, i feel like we've outplayed them or played em even in every single game.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:38 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Ottawa was certainly the more annoying series to deal with thanks to all the nonsense regarding Hagelin/Alfredsson/Carkner/Boyle/Karlsson/Neil. What a waste of key strokes all that BS was.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 01:07 AM
Mrpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Really? This series isn't over yet.
This ^^^

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 01:09 AM
satrabyk

This is not a really a fair question seeing as though were in the Wash series and we just won a huge game. But i voted Sens just because it seemed more physical and coming back down 3-2 in the series was special. And just simply surviving the sens pressure.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 01:10 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
this series is already better from the standpoint that we've played better. In the Ottawa series it felt like for long periods of time it was just the Sens putting us to school, while Henrik kept the team in the game. this series, i feel like we've outplayed them or played em even in every single game.
Maybe that has something to do with the fact the Sens are better.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 01:17 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

still got some hockey left to play eh...

/thread

05-09-2012, 01:26 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Maybe that has something to do with the fact the Sens are better.
I'm not sure I agree with that. I think, if you phrased it like...The sens style is harder for us to defend...id agree with you. Id say the Caps are a better team than the Sens. Id also say the Rangers are a better team than the caps and the sens. i just think style wise the Sens give us fits, and the Caps dont...as much. If, however, the Caps decided to open it up, they would kill us. i have zero doubts about that. The single biggest reason we are winning this series is because Hunter has them playing this style of hockey.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 01:39 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

This series has taken more of an emotional toll on me, than any other since 94.

Specifically game 3 and 5.

In my 20 years of being a die hard hockey fan and Rangers fan, i have never felt such a sudden change from extreme low to high the way i did on Monday night in game 5.

While the series wouldn't have been over, and this team has come back from a two game deficit facing elimination and winning, had we lost Monday, it would have been a disaster.

Going into that game on Monday, it was the single most important game this franchise/organization/club/what have you, has played since game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals in 1994. The implications were HUGE. Win and be one win away from going to the Conference Finals. Lose and be one loss away from elimination.

If they lost/lose and subsequently lost/lose the series, it would have/would be the single biggest disappointment in modern history for this club. Being the number one seed in the East, the highest remaining seed in the playoffs, the adversity they've overcome, the challenges they've faced all year. From Europe, a slow start, to catching fire, sustaining it, having a bullseye on our backs all season through the Winter Classic and HBO, to a tough and tight stretch run, to a hellish first round victory over an underrated Senators team, to now in this series against a club that has eliminated us twice in three seasons.

This club deserves to win. They bust their *****. They fight for each other. They fight for their fans. They overcome, they rise to adversity.

Game 3 and 5 are two of the greatest hockey games I've ever seen and experienced. Emotionally.

We have a lot of work ahead of us. But I love this team and i believe in them.

In conclusion...this series so far has been an instant classic. One of the top three i have ever experienced. In my opinion.

1- 94 ECF
2- 94 SCF
3- This one.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 01:45 AM
HockeyBurd*

Overall the Sens series was definitely better. More contentious and more offensive opportunities and just more fun to watch. But this series has the two crazy epic games going for it. And it's not exactly over yet even though too many Rangers fans act like it is.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 03:33 AM
eco's bones

The atmosphere around the Sens series was more fun--this one is more business like.

As far as the physicality--Washington has a lot of big strong grinding forwards. They don't have a Neil and their Carkner--John Erskine has only played once. Actually I wish we had Neil--he'd come in handy right now. There isn't that much bad blood here.

If we get to the next round though--that should be really interesting. I wonder whether the Devils would contemplate dressing Boulton and/or Janssen? Probably not--but us matching up with them is likely going to be a war from the opening face-off of the series. That's a series that promises to be an emotional roller coaster. New Jersey is the absolute last team in the East I'd want to see in the finals. To me the Devils have had the easiest road to get to where they are--Florida is not that good and the Flyers once again had defense/goaltending issues. Are they ever going to solve their goaltending? The Rangers have had to go against two hot goalies and two strong defensive systems.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote