HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Round 3 Western Conference Final: Kings vs. Coyotes Series Discussion (Kings Forum)

Old
05-13-2012, 03:50 PM
jml87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
I knew it. I'm crazy.

The funny thing is that I couldn't care less if I win or lose in the league I pay 400 bucks a season to pay in!
Hockey playoffs are a *****. They are long and brutal. You can't relax for a second with the pace everyone is going. I used to not be able to eat cause I was so nervous on game day. When that happens I take a game or even just a period off to watch or do something else. I like to see a movie cause I have to turn off my phone and I get lost in the story instead of thinking about the game. You keep going like this, you'll have a nervous breakdown.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 03:57 PM
johnjm22

Mckenzie said on TSN that the Phoenix Coyote's bus backed into Penner's Mercedes Benz earlier this year. That's the first time I've heard that. When it rains it pours I guess (re: Penner's off ice struggles).

He has extra motivation to be good against Phoenix though.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:54 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by raswilliam View Post
Was just watching the NHL network and DARREN DREGER is claiming all Kings in this series saying Smith is going to have to steal 2-3 games "and stand on his lid" if the Yotes have any chance. BOB MCKENZIE was a little more on the fence saying the Kings caught Vancouver and St Louis a little by surprise so they have to be careful not to let up. THey cant take the Yotes lightly as the Yotes are the underdog now.....Also mentioned that Ken Hitchcock called the Kings scary big and that we haven't seen a Stanley Cup contender this big in a while.... that's all I can remember for now.
If Darren Dreger claims anything, I aignore it. He's ok at times on trade rumours, but beyond that he's an attention ***** who goes for the sensational comment. I highly doubt any King is saying that, nevermind 'all' of them. Why would Jordan Nolan or COlin Fraser be saying **** like that? Dreger's just stirring the pot again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
200 ? that many really ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Defeated Blues fan coming in peace, just wanted to say Im hoping on your bandwagon, your guys team is awesome and I really dont see anybody beating you guys.
Welcome aboard. I'd be pulling for you guys in this series too. You deserve a cup almost as much as we do...almost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Mmm new day so I will repeat myself

**** the coyotes and doan. Hate the coyotes.

Go kings!
After watching game one, I witnessed my respect for Doan plummet a lot. He seemed to take on a Ryan Kelser, dive at all opportunities, mentality out there. It was annoying. Be a man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
I hate white outs. Everyone does them any more. At least with the Flyers they would do orange. How about Phoenix does a red out or something? I just strongly dislike the whiteout thing.
They are the only franchise (and the now current Jets) I support doing the whiteout, since it started with their organization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
it's comical how arrogant and condescending Kings fans are becoming. Now we're making fun of other franchises for not having many fans (as if the Kings themselves didn't have to hire the ONE sports writer in LA who actually liked hockey)? And for not being worthy of a rivalry (as if the Kings were taken seriously around the league before 3 weeks ago).

Have some class. We are the LA Clippers of the NHL, what is it that we have to be condescending about? Is it the empty wall at the "do the Kings even play here" Staples Center that you guys are so proud about?

Phoenix is legit and I'm proud of their accomplishments, especially what they've gone through. I, for one, hope they stay because they bring legitimacy to the Pacific Division. 2 pacifics in the conference final makes west coast hockey look bad @ss. Or is it you guys want to keep eating off the scraps of East coast team your whole lives?
As a team that has VERY little to brag about, especially in the past 15 years, I'm glad we are a little ignorant. I don't want to be like the Nucks fans or anything, but damn right be a little bit assholish. We've suffered a long time, and we've been force feed a lot of suffering. I'm not dismissing the Coyotes, I think they have a very solid team with a great coach, but we have had dick all to be boastful about in a long time, so live it up. Say we will win in five. Say we will sweep Phoenix in three games with a donkey in net. I don't care. Enjoy the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Columbus was like scared straight for him.
That made me lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Mckenzie said on TSN that the Phoenix Coyote's bus backed into Penner's Mercedes Benz earlier this year. That's the first time I've heard that. When it rains it pours I guess (re: Penner's off ice struggles).

He has extra motivation to be good against Phoenix though.
And a new Mercedes Benz too, courtesy Phoenix.

Maybe they chould have a key presentation ceremony like they do at the all-star game during the post-series handshake

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Leo W

vCash: 50
If we hate Doan this much, I can only imagine how much everyone else hates Brownie.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
If Darren Dreger claims anything, I aignore it. He's ok at times on trade rumours, but beyond that he's an attention ***** who goes for the sensational comment. I highly doubt any King is saying that, nevermind 'all' of them. Why would Jordan Nolan or COlin Fraser be saying **** like that? Dreger's just stirring the pot again.
Might want to read that post again. It's Dreger saying it will be all Kings this series, that Smith will have to steal 2 or 3 games for the Coyotes to have a chance. Not that all Kings players are saying that.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 05:57 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

wtf

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 06:02 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
wtf

loooolz

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
If we hate Doan this much, I can only imagine how much everyone else hates Brownie.
It's like we didn't want to miss out on all the fun so we just picked Doan as our guy to hate. A lot of the things people say about Brown are weird and over-the-top. It's pretty much like all he can do is go down in everyone's book, no matter what he does, or how many goals he scores, he can never earn points, only lose them in their book of opinions on him as a character and a person.

Brown's reputation as a diver is one thing I laugh at constantly. He was no where near what Doughty used to be and even then it has been a long time since I have seen Brown dive. Brown is someone who isn't immune to embellishment, but I wouldn't call him a diver. That is becoming a big misconception on HFBoards, the difference between the two. Diving is standing next to someone and flinging yourself into the air, embellishment is when a stick hits you in the face and you throw your head back to make sure the referee sees.

The best is going to the Ducks board and reading after each game. No matter what happened in the game, you will find several posts complaining about Brown "diving" even if he had little to no impact in the game whatsoever and had little to no contact with anyone.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Brown's reputation as a diver is one thing I laugh at constantly. He was no where near what Doughty used to be and even then it has been a long time since I have seen Brown dive. Brown is someone who isn't immune to embellishment, but I wouldn't call him a diver. That is becoming a big misconception on HFBoards, the difference between the two. Diving is standing next to someone and flinging yourself into the air, embellishment is when a stick hits you in the face and you throw your head back to make sure the referee sees.
Glad to see others GET IT

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Nice article from Lebrun on Penner and the kings. Brings up re-signing him and has a quote from dean. I would give Penner another contract, but tell him not to get married again.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012...penner-no-joke

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:04 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Nice article from Lebrun on Penner and the kings. Brings up re-signing him and has a quote from dean. I would give Penner another contract, but tell him not to get married again.
Good advice for any millionaire in his twenties.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:05 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Especially not marrying a wannabe actress who has already stolen 1M from another marriage to an NHL player...

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:

He really has stepped up and has played his best hockey in a Kings uniform during the playoffs. I really do think we have to give a lot of credit to Sutter for what he has done for Penner, but also give a lot of credit to Penner for excepting the challenge and running with it.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 11:58 PM
Wooty

Quote:
Flo Rida invests in cars.

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:25 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Might want to read that post again. It's Dreger saying it will be all Kings this series, that Smith will have to steal 2 or 3 games for the Coyotes to have a chance. Not that all Kings players are saying that.
If that's what he meant, that I stand corrected. He could be a little more clear though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
wtf

I think we have the best twitter guys in the NHL right now. Glad the long playoff run is giving them some exposure too.

Old
05-15-2012, 09:40 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

I'd give him another contract, one year at a reduced salary. $2 million maximum. Maybe that's just the pity part of me having gone through a divorce myself and knowing how hard it is to work through that. That said, Penner might be better off moving to where he has better support systems, like WInnipeg (close to family), Edmonton, Toronto (Burke and Carlyle). Or, vice versa, maybe he's better to go someplace far away from all of the distractions, like Florida, Dallas, etc.

Old
05-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I'd give him another contract, one year at a reduced salary. $2 million maximum. Maybe that's just the pity part of me having gone through a divorce myself and knowing how hard it is to work through that. That said, Penner might be better off moving to where he has better support systems, like WInnipeg (close to family), Edmonton, Toronto (Burke and Carlyle). Or, vice versa, maybe he's better to go someplace far away from all of the distractions, like Florida, Dallas, etc.
I dunno, man. It seems like he's really endeared himself to his teammates and vice-versa here. I don't disagree that he needs some backup, but he's gone through some grief this year all around with this team and has become a pretty big part of the heart. I also agree on the contract, though, but I get the feeling some other team is gonna cough up another 3.5-4 million for him.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Honestly I hope he helps us get 7 more wins but then I would kick him to the curb.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 12:48 PM
lumbergh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Honestly I hope he helps us get 7 more wins but then I would kick him to the curb.
Damn that's cold.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote