HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Predators Off-Season 2012 Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2012, 12:45 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
I still think Smith is destined to be our #1C, and he'll be flanked by Wilson and Rads (or Erat, if Rads doesn't sign). That may not happen until 2013/14 season, but Poile and Trotz would be fools to not be thinking that, and we may not always agree with them, but fools they aren't.

Fish is signed for several years; if we re-sign Leggy to one more deal when his is up he rolls as the #2, hopefully with Marty (cause Rads signed) and a FA sniper that we sign now. Fish centering a 3rd with Borque and rotating spot for several years (Spals, SK - now, Watson down the road) is pretty solid.
Fisher will actually be in his final year of his current deal next year. I am thinking if he is re-signed at all, it will be at a dollar figure consistent with a 3rd line C

Old
05-21-2012, 04:41 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Fisher will actually be in his final year of his current deal next year. I am thinking if he is re-signed at all, it will be at a dollar figure consistent with a 3rd line C
my bad - had Fish and Leggy backwards.... but still, either Fish signs or we got Spals to be C3 and then another open F spot. Smith still has to be in the plans as C1, or else they will have to go after a C as folks are clamoring for. Just think it's not gonna' happen this year.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Predsboro

First time I've visited hfboards in a bit since the season is over ... man the sky is falling in here.

Methinks I should stay away until closer to July 1 or my blood pressure will get up ...

Old
05-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I am expecting a complete shakeup of our roster.

Suter
AK
SK (traded)
Rads
Goose
Gill
Tootoo

I don't expect any of those players back in yellow. I also suspect Weber will want to be traded.

The other scenario, however, is Suter has a change of heart and Weber stays. Regardless, I expect the brothers kos and rads to be in different colors by september.

xxxxxxx-Legwand-Hornqvist
Wilson-Smith-Hals
xxxxxx-Fisher-Erat
Borque-spaling-xxxxx

xxxxx-xxxxx
Josi-Blum
Klein-Ellis

Old
05-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post

Suter
AK
SK (traded)
Rads
Goose
Gill
Tootoo

I don't expect any of those players back in yellow. I also suspect Weber will want to be traded.

The other scenario, however, is Suter has a change of heart and Weber stays. Regardless, I expect the brothers kos and rads to be in different colors by september.

xxxxxxx-Legwand-Hornqvist
Wilson-Smith-Hals
xxxxxx-Fisher-Erat
Borque-spaling-xxxxx

xxxxx-xxxxx
Josi-Blum
Klein-Ellis
On the bright side, the Preds could use a #1 overall pick

Old
05-22-2012, 10:52 AM
token grinder

Quote:

Suter
AK
SK (traded)
Rads
Goose
Gill
Tootoo

Parise (7)-Legwand-Hornqvist
Wilson-Smith-Hals
Doan (4) -Fisher-Erat
Borque-spaling-Semin (6)

Wideman (5)-Allen (3)
Josi-Blum
Klein-Ellis

Rinne
Lindback
Even if your doomsday scenario happens, that is a cap payroll of roughly 34 million dollars. 5 players for 16 million bucks to get to cap floor. Roughly 3.2 per, or 5 guys with deals like fisher or hornquist. If you want to believe ownership and say this is a cap team, which should be around 68 million next year, and factoring in leaving 5 million for pickups maybe, so 63 million, we could spend about 6 million per player. what I stuck up there is a smaple roster of what it could look like if we only spent 25 million on top of our 34 committed. 59 million for the roster.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:01 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Even if your doomsday scenario happens, that is a cap payroll of roughly 34 million dollars. 5 players for 16 million bucks to get to cap floor. Roughly 3.2 per, or 5 guys with deals like fisher or hornquist. If you want to believe ownership and say this is a cap team, which should be around 68 million next year, and factoring in leaving 5 million for pickups maybe, so 63 million, we could spend about 6 million per player. what I stuck up there is a smaple roster of what it could look like if we only spent 25 million on top of our 34 committed. 59 million for the roster.
Our budget with Weber/Suter/Rinne would be close to cap. Without Suter and Weber, it goes back to between floor and midpoint.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
While I see your point, the problem with that is guys like Parise, Doan, and Semin aren't going to want to come here if they don't think we can compete. Besides, I bet Doan never hits UFA and Parise never even looks at Nashville.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:26 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
While I see your point, the problem with that is guys like Parise, Doan, and Semin aren't going to want to come here if they don't think we can compete. Besides, I bet Doan never hits UFA and Parise never even looks at Nashville.
I know. I was just using a hypothetical roster trying to showcase the money we would have available. If we were to trade Weber, We would have 1-2 NHL ready guys entering the lineup from that deal alone.

I'm still not convinced Suter is leaving though.

Old
05-22-2012, 12:26 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
I know. I was just using a hypothetical roster trying to showcase the money we would have available. If we were to trade Weber, We would have 1-2 NHL ready guys entering the lineup from that deal alone.

I'm still not convinced Suter is leaving though.
Not convinced Suter is leaving lol.

Old
05-22-2012, 01:13 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Not convinced Suter is leaving lol.
considering they agreed to money and years before thanksgiving, no, i'm not.

Old
05-22-2012, 01:26 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
considering they agreed to money and years before thanksgiving, no, i'm not.
According to?

The latest being reported is that if he's going to sign, it won't be until after July 1, and even then there would have tone zero interest shown from his "preferred" teams.

Old
05-22-2012, 03:01 PM
VFL615*

If freaking Ryan Suter wanted to sign he would have already. Not sure why people have such blindness to this crap.

Old
05-22-2012, 04:18 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
If freaking Ryan Suter wanted to sign he would have already. Not sure why people have such blindness to this crap.
It's entirely possible. But some players just weigh all their options. And it's possible he's just not sure what he wants to do. I give it 20%.

But I don't think he'll be worth 7m a year, especially once he gets into his thirties. Should have traded him last summer and gotten a serious return. We CAN NOT keep developing these players and losing them for nothing when they turn 26-27.

Old
05-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I can't believe some people are still holding onto some sort of misguided faith that maybe Suter stays. If Ryan wanted to be a pred, he would've already signed.

Writing has been on the wall for months. Wake up.

Old
05-22-2012, 04:48 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
I can't believe some people are still holding onto some sort of misguided faith that maybe Suter stays. If Ryan wanted to be a pred, he would've already signed.

Writing has been on the wall for months. Wake up.
There have been plenty of people to make it to July 1 and still re-sign with their current team.

Not that I think Suter will, but I think there's a small chance. I felt he was likely gone when he wouldn't entertain an extension last summer.

Old
05-22-2012, 05:04 PM
VFL615*

I doubt those people were offered the same kind of contract with the team that groomed them. Keep believing in fairytales guys. Realistic people are already moving on.

Old
05-22-2012, 05:04 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I think you can make an argument that holding out faith for any number of things is misguided, but what's the point? Let people believe what they want to believe. Personally, I believe Suter still has a chance at signing an extension. It doesn't make me naive.

Old
05-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I think you can make an argument that holding out faith for any number of things is misguided, but what's the point? Let people believe what they want to believe. Personally, I believe Suter still has a chance at signing an extension. It doesn't make me naive.
There's always the possibility that he stays. I'm sure he still has that thought in the back of his head. Not to mention he might not be able to get as much money/term as he originally thought. However, that would be highly unlikely. It's not difficult to see he's testing the market, and with numerous candidates I'd say he's played his last game here.

I don't like the way he's danced around the topic all year, he hasn't made a friend in me, but it's his right.

Old
05-22-2012, 08:27 PM
NoNecksCurse

name 5 guys post-lockout that have hit the market that are as big as suter and re-signed with their team... I can't think of any that are as big as suter, parise

Old
05-22-2012, 10:28 PM
JABEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
name 5 guys post-lockout that have hit the market that are as big as suter and re-signed with their team... I can't think of any that are as big as suter, parise
Kovalchuk stayed in NJ, but they traded for him.

Old
05-22-2012, 10:40 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
Kovalchuk stayed in NJ, but they traded for him.
did he hit free agency? if so, that counts as 1

Old
05-23-2012, 08:28 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
According to?

The latest being reported is that if he's going to sign, it won't be until after July 1, and even then there would have tone zero interest shown from his "preferred" teams.
where is this being said?

regardless, Suter will either sign in a couple of weeks when he and Poile meet again, or else he's gone.

there is no way other teams wouldnt have interest and throw out the money he wants.

Old
05-23-2012, 09:07 AM
VFL615*

Quote:

regardless, Suter will either sign in a couple of weeks when he and Poile meet again, or else he's gone.

there is no way other teams wouldnt have interest and throw out the money he wants.
It was said in the post season presser by poile that Suter was going to let Poile know his intentions in two weeks. This week is two weeks and it is Wed. He is not going to sign. If he was it would be coming out that he is working with management on a deal. Read all the tea leafs from the guys who are involved. They might not be confirmed but they usually end up being true. If you want to hold on that fine but i hope this board isnt filled with crying when he goes. The post was made weeks ago for that.

Old
05-23-2012, 09:33 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:

i've seen a philly beat guy mention it, as well as a vancouver beat guy mentioning it as the "buzz" around the hockey world. this was around the same time that it was rumored that suter had a list of teams he'd sign with after july 1, and nashville wasn't even on it.

Closed Thread