HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Predators Off-Season 2012 Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2012, 04:57 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Regarding Weber, I found this quote interesting (from Cooper):

“Yeah, maybe that’s a different situation this year too. Ryan was waiting to see what I was doing (last summer). Obviously that didn’t play out as anyone expected. This time around, I’m kind of waiting to see what he does to see what happens with him and obviously we’re hoping for the best and everything works out.”

Basically saying (under my interpretation) that if Suter walks, it's going to be another one-year deal or trade.
I'm pretty sick of quotes like that from our 2 best defensemen. It's all just posturing until they're free agents. If he truly felt that way, then he would make it happen.

He hopes "everything works out". We'll f-ing make it work out. I'm sure Weber has Suter's freaking cell phone number. Why don't they both pick a number and walk into Poile's office and say what they want.

Old
06-20-2012, 09:52 PM
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I refuse to be a Pollyanna. Suter is going to walk, Weber will either sign a one year at 8 mil or get offer sheeted and we won't match allow him to walk as well. We have nothing to replace them. Our offense is never going to bail us out and poor Peks will be ridden like a rented mule. We will be out of the playoff chase by December. Poile is passive when he should be aggressive aka the off season and aggressive when he should stand back. We overpaid for basically useless pieces. Welcome to being at the bottom of the league. The piper has to be paid and I believe it will be this coming season. But, hey we have a coach who's great at making something out of nothing right?

Any ideas on what the 2013 Draft class looks like?

Old
06-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Soundgarden

Seth Jones!!!

Old
06-20-2012, 10:00 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Seth Jones!!!
You mean Nathan MacKinnon

Old
06-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Paincakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
I refuse to be a Pollyanna. Suter is going to walk, Weber will either sign a one year at 8 mil or get offer sheeted and we won't match allow him to walk as well. We have nothing to replace them. Our offense is never going to bail us out and poor Peks will be ridden like a rented mule. We will be out of the playoff chase by December. Poile is passive when he should be aggressive aka the off season and aggressive when he should stand back. We overpaid for basically useless pieces. Welcome to being at the bottom of the league. The piper has to be paid and I believe it will be this coming season. But, hey we have a coach who's great at making something out of nothing right?

You forgot the team being relocated to Hamilton, if you are going to be so enormously negative. If you want to depress yourself and make yourself miserable with that go right ahead. Might as well make it complete while you are at it.

The sky is not ******* falling. This ****ing board is pathetic sometimes. Nothing is set in stone.

Last edited by TMI: 06-21-2012 at 07:03 PM. Reason: filter circumvention
Old
06-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
You mean Nathan MacKinnon
I hope I live to see the day we draft a highly skilled forward.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:09 AM
headsigh
leave at once!

On the bright side there are like, a ton of goalies next year that are 6'5 and taller.

So we're totally set there.

Old
06-21-2012, 09:27 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:

isn't there a thread for this?

Old
06-21-2012, 10:42 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Mueller's back with the Ads:

Quote:
Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has signed forward Chris Mueller (KRIHS MEW-luhr) to a one-year, two-way contract worth $550,000 at the NHL level and $105,000 at the AHL level.

Mueller, 26 (3/6/86), tied for fifth in the American Hockey League in goals (32) in 2011-12, becoming the first Milwaukee Admiral since 2006-07 to score 30 goals in a season. The 5-11, 203-pound right wing also tied for first in the AHL in overtime goals (3) and tied for second in game-winning goals (8), in addition to pacing the Admirals in points (60). The West Seneca, N.Y., native participated in his first AHL All-Star Classic in 2012.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:42 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Mueller's back with the Ads:
Easy signings getting done, hard stuff comes later.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Yip-Bang-Mueller

Game. Over.

In all seriousness, glad we got him signed. With K. Wilson gone, we need our depth players in case of injury.

Old
06-21-2012, 04:09 PM
NoNecksCurse

collin wilson + ryan ellis + #37 overall pick / 2013 1st round pick for bobby ryan ..

you would have to think poile is in on ryan somewhat...

Old
06-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
collin wilson + ryan ellis + #37 overall pick / 2013 1st round pick for bobby ryan ..

you would have to think poile is in on ryan somewhat...
We are still not in the first round this year, why would we give away our first rounder next year when we don't know wtf is going to happen with Captain Quiet & his buddy Robin

Old
06-21-2012, 04:21 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
We are still not in the first round this year, why would we give away our first rounder next year when we don't know wtf is going to happen with Captain Quiet & his buddy Robin
this would essentially be a deal to lock up suter and weber. ask them both what they think and if they like, pull the trigger.

there was a report suter wanted to see what we did in free agency... as far as giving up the pick, a week ago we didn't even own that pick. its to the point where we keep screwing around and both will be gone for nada. best to try something .. other than wait for them to sign. don't see it happening.

Old
06-21-2012, 04:25 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Funny thing is I think the only way to keep Pollyannas to hush is for Poile to trade for Ryan and Staal.

Old
06-21-2012, 04:34 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Bfc, add nash to that list and we've got a great first line and tremendous first pairing on d and an all star goalie. Problem is we don't have anyone else on the roster with NHL experience. Lol

Old
06-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Funny thing is I think the only way to keep Pollyannas to hush is for Poile to trade for Ryan and Staal.
Trust me. They will never, ever, ever shut up.

Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Bfc, add nash to that list and we've got a great first line and tremendous first pairing on d and an all star goalie. Problem is we don't have anyone else on the roster with NHL experience. Lol
Y'all just traded away one of the pieces that would have been vital to making a Nash deal happen. I'm skeptical.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
06-21-2012, 07:34 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Poile not trading Lindback to the BJs sealed the deal on Nash not coming anywhere near our roster.

Old
06-21-2012, 08:46 PM
NshPredFan

Quote:
Poile not trading Lindback to the BJs sealed the deal on Nash not coming anywhere near our roster.
I'm not sure Nash was ever on Poiles radar. CBJ wants too much for him plus Nash has to approve the trade. Seems like he's not going anywhere in a hurry.

Old
06-21-2012, 09:23 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by NshPredFan View Post
I'm not sure Nash was ever on Poiles radar. CBJ wants too much for him plus Nash has to approve the trade. Seems like he's not going anywhere in a hurry.
Back around the deadline, Nash was very much on Poile's radar. The story was that we made a huge offer, butHowson told us to pound sand.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:07 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Cbus wouldn't trade Nash to us any more than we would trade Weber to Detroit.... didn't matter what the offer, not to mention the fact that Nash didn't clear a trade here either....

Old
06-21-2012, 10:49 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:

Offer sheet? Really? And we won't match?

Wanna bet?

Since the lockout there have been six offer sheets signed by players ... five matched by their original teams. The lone exception was Penner which provided Anaheim with an extra 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick in 2008 ... a deal which landed Penner in Edmonton for less than three seasons.

The odds are higher that gravity reverses itself than Weber signs an offer sheet that the Preds don't match.

Old
06-22-2012, 06:51 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

The UFA market may be dry, but, according to rumors, the trade market seems hotter than ever.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:39 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
I'm pretty sick of quotes like that from our 2 best defensemen. It's all just posturing until they're free agents. If he truly felt that way, then he would make it happen.

He hopes "everything works out". We'll f-ing make it work out. I'm sure Weber has Suter's freaking cell phone number. Why don't they both pick a number and walk into Poile's office and say what they want.
Yes, this is kind of where I am...

Assuming Suter walks, and Weber signs a one year...... It's time to trade WEber this sumer and get a big forward piece...

Enough of the posturing.... make a committment or get traded.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:48 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

what i don't understand-- why is everyone so eager to get out? Pierre McGuire was just saying that free agency isn't what it used to be because prime talent almost never hits the market...teams sign and keep their young, developed talent. And across the league that seems to be the case...yet here we are, supposedly this great place to play, and two of the best defensemen in the league are wondering about greener pastures?

It's very frustrating.

Closed Thread