HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Predators Off-Season 2012 Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2012, 07:25 AM
  #851
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,696
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Maybe Cube ($1.35 cap) + Hillen ($650,000 cap) = Gill (one year/$2)?

if SOB is a $2 million dollar defenseman then Gll gets a minimum of 2.5 and probably more like 3 on the open market

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:33 AM
  #852
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
if SOB is a $2 million dollar defenseman then Gll gets a minimum of 2.5 and probably more like 3 on the open market
Agree, but lets not forget that Gill is now 37 years old.

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:36 AM
  #853
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
According to capgeek, Nashville has 13 players on the roster right now (fewest in the league), and needs to spend over 21 million dollars or the last 9 or 10 to reach the cap FLOOR

For the ceiling, we can spend over 37 million. Our team currently has over 5 million more dollars to spend than any other team in the league.
I was thinking about this last night, and I can see us going hard after Parise and/or Doan. IF it's true that ownership is ready to spend, and we want to impress Suter, it makes sense.

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:42 AM
  #854
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,804
vCash: 500
There is also the possibility that we trade for Ryan once the free agency pool is thinned out. Of course, he is on a pretty good contract.

ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:25 AM
  #855
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,174
vCash: 500
Who are the rookies that we think have the best shot of making it this year?

triggrman is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:29 AM
  #856
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Who are the rookies that we think have the best shot of making it this year?
If you still consider Ellis a rookie, he should be on the opening night roster. Ekholm with an outside chance.

Looking at forwards and seeing who we sign during the offseason, I could see Latta being a call up during the season and sticking the season after this. Mueller seems to be a favorite of the staff as well. Other than that, I think most of our forwards are still a year or two away. Beck and Watson look to be two years away. Budish is finally starting to put it together and if he can stay healthy another year, should be here in two years too. I think someone that could be a big surprise is Cehlin. He's my sleeper pick. He may make it up this year if he progresses well but in a year or two, I really like this kids future.

glenngineer is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 09:36 AM
  #857
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Who are the rookies that we think have the best shot of making it this year?
Ekholm, and maybe Smith as a back up. That's about it...

tserberis* is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 10:18 AM
  #858
predwings
Registered User
 
predwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brentwood/Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
If Suter Leaves:

Jason Garrison
Justin Shultz (If he can be had for cheap on the ELC) if not...Hal Gill or another vet D-man.
Olli Jokinen

If Suter Stays:

Olli Jokinen
Justin Shultz (Same as above)

Shultz is coming into the NHL and will be on an ELC deal. He's not a bad defenseman at all and will be able to make some money this year on the ELC deal. If anything he will be the cheapest decent talent anyone can pick-up. He'd also be great to develop and trade or develop and play with us. I see it as an investment for our young defensive future.

predwings is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 10:39 AM
  #859
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
If Suter Leaves:

Jason Garrison
Justin Shultz (If he can be had for cheap on the ELC) if not...Hal Gill or another vet D-man.
Olli Jokinen

If Suter Stays:

Olli Jokinen
Justin Shultz (Same as above)

Shultz is coming into the NHL and will be on an ELC deal. He's not a bad defenseman at all and will be able to make some money this year on the ELC deal. If anything he will be the cheapest decent talent anyone can pick-up. He'd also be great to develop and trade or develop and play with us. I see it as an investment for our young defensive future.
Justin Schultz is going to get the absolute rookie max from anyone he chooses...and basically everyone in the NHL is trying to get him. It's rumored he wants to play for a canadian team, with his hometown Canucks being the frontrunner.

That's a pretty big longshot on our part.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 10:51 AM
  #860
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Justin Schultz is going to get the absolute rookie max from anyone he chooses...and basically everyone in the NHL is trying to get him. It's rumored he wants to play for a canadian team, with his hometown Canucks being the frontrunner.

That's a pretty big longshot on our part.
Yeah, McKenzie is making it sound like it's a battle between the Nucks and Oilers with Vancouver having the advantage.

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 11:46 AM
  #861
predwings
Registered User
 
predwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brentwood/Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Justin Schultz is going to get the absolute rookie max from anyone he chooses...and basically everyone in the NHL is trying to get him. It's rumored he wants to play for a canadian team, with his hometown Canucks being the frontrunner.

That's a pretty big longshot on our part.
Yea, but it's not like we can't afford the ELC deal so why not at least offer? Never know. If we re-sign Suter and Olli Jokinen and say..Shultz...come play over here and learn from some of the best D-men in the league.

predwings is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 11:58 AM
  #862
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
Yea, but it's not like we can't afford the ELC deal so why not at least offer? Never know. If we re-sign Suter and Olli Jokinen and say..Shultz...come play over here and learn from some of the best D-men in the league.
The issue is, again, that we're not the only team trying to sign him(assuming we even are, and this isn't a replay of the Poile, 'i didn't think he would have interest, so i didn't try' spiel).

We're having a hard enough retaining players that we DO have possession of, I wouldn't bank on us winning a "appeal to play" contest, at least not among younger players.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 12:17 PM
  #863
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
So I got bored of making realistic roster and decided to go nuts and see how good of a team I could build NOTE: I know this is far-fetched, I'm just dreaming.



CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Craig Smith ($0.900m) / Shane Doan ($4.500m)
Sergei Kostitsyn ($3.000m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / Martin Erat ($4.500m)
Patric Hornqvist ($3.083m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Colin Wilson ($0.827m)
Nick Spaling ($1.050m) / Paul Gaustad ($2.300m) / Gabriel Bourque ($0.618m)
Brandon Yip ($0.750m) / Matt Halischuk ($0.713m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Shea Weber ($7.000m) / Ryan Suter ($7.000m)
Roman Josi ($1.000m) / Kevin Klein ($1.350m)
Hal Gill ($2.250m) / Ryan Ellis ($1.440m)
Jonathon Blum ($0.827m) /
GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($7.000m)
Jeremy Smith ($0.660m)
BUYOUTS
J.P. Dumont ($1.333m) / Brett Lebda ($0.467m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,267,917; BONUSES: $885,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,032,083

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 12:26 PM
  #864
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,696
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
So I got bored of making realistic roster and decided to go nuts and see how good of a team I could build NOTE: I know this is far-fetched, I'm just dreaming.



CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Craig Smith ($0.900m) / Shane Doan ($4.500m)
Sergei Kostitsyn ($3.000m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / Martin Erat ($4.500m)
Patric Hornqvist ($3.083m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Colin Wilson ($0.827m)
Nick Spaling ($1.050m) / Paul Gaustad ($2.300m) / Gabriel Bourque ($0.618m)
Brandon Yip ($0.750m) / Matt Halischuk ($0.713m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Shea Weber ($7.000m) / Ryan Suter ($7.000m)
Roman Josi ($1.000m) / Kevin Klein ($1.350m)
Hal Gill ($2.250m) / Ryan Ellis ($1.440m)
Jonathon Blum ($0.827m) /
GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($7.000m)
Jeremy Smith ($0.660m)
BUYOUTS
J.P. Dumont ($1.333m) / Brett Lebda ($0.467m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,267,917; BONUSES: $885,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,032,083
bump weber, suter and parise uo to 8 million, at a minimum, I would think.. good news is actual cash for erat and legwand is less than their cap hit

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 12:30 PM
  #865
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
bump weber, suter and parise uo to 8 million, at a minimum, I would think.. good news is actual cash for erat and legwand is less than their cap hit
I figured that long-term deals could be a little lower cap, but regardless, it doesn't matter. We aren't getting Parise AND Doan AND Suter. I just hope we get one of the three.

If they all did want around 8 million, I would say we ship off Legwand/Fisher for a younger, cheaper version of themselves. Maybe add a pick/prospect if we need to. Plus, I assumed we re-sign Gill and Goose. Either one of them could go, saving 1.5-2 million

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 12:39 PM
  #866
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,804
vCash: 500
Legwand can't be shipped out without his approval. Fisher can be, but I don't think Poile would do it. I also think cap hits of $7m would be fair for Weber, Suter, and Parise, but it would depend on how those deals are structured. Front load them a bit so they can earn a greater percentage of their total contract's worth in the first four or five years, and then let them tail off as the players get older, which would leave room in real salary for younger guys coming up who might be looking for bigger contracts going into their prime years.

I mean, if we're going to have a pipe dream let's do it right

ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 12:43 PM
  #867
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Hornqvist-Legwand-Wilson as our third line....Bourque is all the way on our fourth.... I can't even imagine.

That team =

EDIT: If we need more money because Doan/Parise/Weber/Suter wants more, we can trade SK for picks/prospects. Wilson moves to to his line, Bourque moves to Wilson's spot, Hali/Yip goes to the 4th line.

Parise-Smith-Doan
Wilson-Fish-Erat
Bourque-Legwand-Hornqvist
Hali-Goose-Spals
Yipper

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 01:17 PM
  #868
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Isn't it a nice thing to be able to DREAM!!!!

tserberis* is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 01:29 PM
  #869
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Isn't it a nice thing to be able to DREAM!!!!
Which is why I said that was a dream...there is no way that happens. no way in hell.

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 01:32 PM
  #870
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,696
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Legwand can't be shipped out without his approval. Fisher can be, but I don't think Poile would do it. I also think cap hits of $7m would be fair for Weber, Suter, and Parise, but it would depend on how those deals are structured. Front load them a bit so they can earn a greater percentage of their total contract's worth in the first four or five years, and then let them tail off as the players get older, which would leave room in real salary for younger guys coming up who might be looking for bigger contracts going into their prime years.

I mean, if we're going to have a pipe dream let's do it right
7 mil cap hit is only "fair" with regards to the ufa price range if they are 10 year deals and there are a couple of throwaway years at around 2 million at the end to bring the average down... market value (ie what some crazy GM is willing to pay) is going to be 8 million or more for Suter and Parise, I predict, and if the new CBA doesnt lower the cap and Weber is a UFA next summer I would bet he would approach 10 million.

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 01:35 PM
  #871
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,513
vCash: 500
Wilson is taking a paycut? Yeah you are dreaming

Speaking of Wilson, what kind of money do we see him getting? I originally pegged him at $3M, but since was benched and didn't really play that well towards the end, maybe bump him closer to $2M?

Paranoid Android is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 01:40 PM
  #872
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Wilson is taking a paycut? Yeah you are dreaming

Speaking of Wilson, what kind of money do we see him getting? I originally pegged him at $3M, but since was benched and didn't really play that well towards the end, maybe bump him closer to $2M?
I had him accepting his QO.

Depends. I think he could get about 1.5 on a 1 year deal, or we could try to JVR him and sign him for 3 x 3 or so

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 01:42 PM
  #873
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Which is why I said that was a dream...there is no way that happens. no way in hell.
I know dude, didn't mean it in a bad way... Sorry.

tserberis* is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 01:43 PM
  #874
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
I know dude, didn't mean it in a bad way... Sorry.
Oh, alright, couldnt tell. i thought you might have been kidding, just making sure

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 01:45 PM
  #875
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,696
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Wilson is taking a paycut? Yeah you are dreaming

Speaking of Wilson, what kind of money do we see him getting? I originally pegged him at $3M, but since was benched and didn't really play that well towards the end, maybe bump him closer to $2M?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I had him accepting his QO.

Depends. I think he could get about 1.5 on a 1 year deal, or we could try to JVR him and sign him for 3 x 3 or so
Wilson is in no position to negotiate unless he wants relatively small money for several years.

I agree he takes his QO and plays for a longer more lucrative deal next season, unless of course he gets an offer sheet..

PredsV82 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.