HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kelly Hrudey tweeted this

Old
05-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Dave Hrudey
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Kelly Hrudey tweeted this

I follow Kelly Hrudey on twitter, he mostly tweets about random things like what type of wine he enjoys for dinner, or inviting friends over and whatnot.... Heres something he tweeted:

As much as I respect and love Rogie Vachon, great goalie and person...@JonathanQuick32 will probably be known as the best King goalie ever

When your getting props from Hrudey.... Thats major love

Dave Hrudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Dave Hrudey
Rookie User

oh in case your wondering... Yes, that was tweeted today

Dave Hrudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:05 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Funny part is this, Kelly Hrudey is the reason we lost in 1993. He sucks, probably one of the most overrated goalies of all-time. Him and Quick shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence and his opinion on Quick eventually being better than Rogie means absolutely nothing to me or shouldn't to most Kings fans.. No offense to Kelly

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:19 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Funny part is this, Kelly Hrudey is the reason we lost in 1993. He sucks, probably one of the most overrated goalies of all-time. Him and Quick shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence and his opinion on Quick eventually being better than Rogie means absolutely nothing to me or shouldn't to most Kings fans.. No offense to Kelly
Lame comment. Hrudey was a goaltender in the NHL and, as such, deserves to have his comments taken with more than a grain a salt.

Hrudey is a class act.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:39 PM
The Big Giant Head

vCash: 50
I was a HUUUGE Kelly Hrudey fan when he played for LA and even after when he went to San Jose. I'll always remember that blue bandanna and that Hollywood film reel helmet..that and he had some pretty amazin glove saves. In any case, he's probably right...Quick is burning up the road with the pace he's on and i dont see the Kings letting him go any time soon.

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Shellz

Yeah, you suck Hrudey, but no offense....lol...

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Wooty

Quick is possibly the greatest goalie (short term) ever. Think about it, the game keeps getting better and goaltending keeps getting better. It is between him and a few of the other mega-tenders.

Honestly though, if Quick got hurt or sick, I have no real problem with Bernier. His lay-off is tough but I think he is a good goalie.

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Pfft. Hrudey is top 3 out of all goaltenders to play for LA. Hrudey played very well for LA, but in that era goaltender wasn't expected to deliver the type of performance and numbers as it is today. Lots of games ended with nearly 10 goals in those days. Having a 3-4 GAA and an .888 save percentage was extremely common amongst all goaltenders in the league.

Look at those pads man... You really expect him to save 90% of shots from players like Federov, Gilmour, Roenick, etc in their primes?

Compared to:

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 11:54 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Yeah, you suck Hrudey, but no offense....lol...
Exactly what I was thinking....tell us what you really think AK

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Mxpunk

I agree with Hrudey. When I think about the goalies during my lifetime such as Bob Janecyk, Rollie Melanson, an old Grant Fuhr, Stauber, Knickle, Storr, Fiset, Dafoe, Potvin, Chechmanek, Labarbera, etc., it has been a tough road. It's nice to finally have a superstar in net for us.

Mxpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Wooty

I don't really get AKAY47's post. He said "funny part" but I can't find anything to make me laugh. He even said "is this" but that part was not funny at all.

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 12:12 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

Regardless of Kelly's goaltending skill he is a well respected analyst in Canada. There are plenty of guys who were mid level players and became successful broadcasters.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 02:45 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:

Last edited by RonSwanson*: 05-07-2012 at 02:51 AM.
RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 03:51 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Oh come on give AKAY47 a break ... the KINGS WON, so Mom let him stay up late and do troll posts on the internets tongiht

Puck U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 04:37 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Oh come on give AKAY47 a break ... the KINGS WON, so Mom let him stay up late and do troll posts on the internets tongiht
That's a pretty cool mom.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 07:52 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Hrudey wasn't brilliant, but he was good enough, especially for that era.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 07:59 AM
TopT

agree

TopT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 09:20 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

The reason we lost that series is Patrick Roy, Marty McSorley's banana stick and the little spy dude the Habs sent in to check his stick out after game one. We'd be up 2-0 heading home if not for that stick, and if Roy wasn't so lights out in overtime that whole playoffs we very well could have swept them.

To blame Hrudey is pretty sad. He was never a star level goalie, but he was above average, and IMO just as good as say a Mike Vernon, who won two cups as a starter, or a modern day Ondrej Pavalec.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post

The reason we lost that series is Patrick Roy, Marty McSorley's banana stick and the little spy dude the Habs sent in to check his stick out after game one. We'd be up 2-0 heading home if not for that stick, and if Roy wasn't so lights out in overtime that whole playoffs we very well could have swept them.

To blame Hrudey is pretty sad. He was never a star level goalie, but he was above average, and IMO just as good as say a Mike Vernon, who won two cups as a starter, or a modern day Ondrej Pavalec.
agreed

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:49 PM
raswilliam

Anyone remember that song someone came up with during the cup run in 1993?

"Hrudeys on duty" was the name but I dont remember the lyrics..

raswilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:46 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
It's not even a question of if but when. Quick will not only become the goalie with the most wins in Kings history but he'll obliterate every record. Quick has 131 wins right now which puts him 3rd ALL TIME in Kings history behind only Hrudey (145) and Rogie (171). To put it in perspective about how bad goaltending has been in Kings history Jason LaBarbera is 13th all time in wins with 33.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote