HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sign 'em all and then some

Old
05-09-2012, 04:05 AM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 500
If we can trade for a C, that'd be huge. Imagine if we signed Parise and Semin, our top6 could be something like...

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Semin($5M~)
Parise($6M~)-Roy/whoever-Franzen

and if we didn't have to give up one of Fil/Nyquist in the trade, that gives us a solid offensive weapon to put on the 3rd line.

Also, Semin hasn't worried me as much about being lazy/uninspired. He looks to be playing some pretty solid hockey for Hunter in Washington, having more ice time than Ovechkin in some games. If he was on a line with Z and D he wouldn't even have to worry about playing D, anyway.

Offseason needs to hurry.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:42 AM
VM1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadzedder View Post
IF the cap in fact is raising to 70 million we have sooo much flexibility and possibilities. It's almost hard to use that much cap space. Unless of course.... you sign em all. I originally was gonna put together a cap geek for just the signings but I'm greedy.

Here's best case scenario..... (IMO)

Sign RFA's
Helm 1.2 (bump it up if he gives us some years)
Abdelkader 1.0
Lidstrom 5.0 (hopefully less)

Promote
Nyquist
Smith

Say Bye to
Hudler
Holmstrom
Stuart
Conklin

Trade
Filppula
Cleary
White
Quincey (his RFA rights or as signed player)

Aquire via Trade
1 Ryan Getzlaf

Sign UFA's
Parise 8 million for 10 years (massaged to 6.8 cap hit)
Suter 8 million for 10 years (massaged to 6.8 cap hit)
Semin 6 million for 2 years
Carkner 1.2 million over whatever year(s)
Harding 1.0 million over whatever year(s)

FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($6.800m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($6.000m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.000m) / Ryan Getzlaf ($5.325m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Darren Helm ($1.200m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($6.800m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)
Nicklas Lidstrom ($5.000m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Matt Carkner ($1.200m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Josh Harding ($1.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,142,045; BONUSES: $37,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $857,955

Why would you trade White AND Quincey? There goes our depth. I'd rather have White than Carkner.

Also, Semin. We have too many lazy floaters and the solution is to go get another one?

VM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:48 AM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VM1138 View Post
Why would you trade White AND Quincey? There goes our depth. I'd rather have White than Carkner.

Also, Semin. We have too many lazy floaters and the solution is to go get another one?
We can hardly afford to trade Kindl let alone two of our top 6 defenders. I think all the Quincey haters will be shut up next year too. White was never as good as he was playing in the beginning of the year, and Quincey got thrown into a complex system that he was away from for three years and had a couple mental lapses. Another year of training and playing with these guys and I think he will be very good for us.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:55 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
If we acquire Bouwmeester all of our defense problems are solved.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Shoalzie

Where does is say the cap is going up to $70 million with the CBA expiring?

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Leadzedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
Where does is say the cap is going up to $70 million with the CBA expiring?

Im jyst speculating. Devellano said could be 70.

Leadzedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 01:55 PM
kerjuxaxaxa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Foxs Thumbs View Post
If we can trade for a C, that'd be huge. Imagine if we signed Parise and Semin, our top6 could be something like...

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Semin($5M~)
Parise($6M~)-Roy/whoever-Franzen

and if we didn't have to give up one of Fil/Nyquist in the trade, that gives us a solid offensive weapon to put on the 3rd line.

Also, Semin hasn't worried me as much about being lazy/uninspired. He looks to be playing some pretty solid hockey for Hunter in Washington, having more ice time than Ovechkin in some games. If he was on a line with Z and D he wouldn't even have to worry about playing D, anyway.

Offseason needs to hurry.
Washington fans say Semin is pretty solid on D. He's one of their best defensive forwards. Maybe he's not that good with playing in defensive zone or winning battles along the boards, but he backchecks very good. He definitely would be an upgrade over guys like Hudler or Franzen in our top6 if not for his salary.

kerjuxaxaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadzedder View Post
Illitch isn't going to send you a cheque for the money you've saved him. If it's Hudler and Lidstrom in those spots, it's the same team. They've been saying "We need changes".

But you're right, it'll be interesting if Holland panics and Hudler gets paid because of it.
I didn't say the UFAs won't or can't be Parise, Semin, Suter, etc. I just didn't pencil in any specific names other than our own UFAs.

We could possible sign Jokinen, Jones, Jackman, whoever.

I think Holland will make a big push for top guys if they hit July 1. We could make a trade but I just don't see any blockbuster trades like for Nash or Getzlaf.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 03:46 PM
DarkReign

People being critical of Semin have a clear bias against him. Is he a Selke candidate? No. Is he defensively responsible? Yes.

Oh, btw, he scores 30g a year. I think a few guys/gals around here think when another team's fans say "he's a floater", that makes you think of Franzen.

Face it, Franzen may be the biggest floater in the league outside Penner. Franzen is the NHL standard for floater. Few in the league compare to his ineffectual play, worthless effort on the backcheck and predictability in the offensive zone all while having the worst "ho-hum" attitude before, during and afterword.

DarkReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 04:01 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign View Post
People being critical of Semin have a clear bias against him. Is he a Selke candidate? No. Is he defensively responsible? Yes.

Oh, btw, he scores 30g a year. I think a few guys/gals around here think when another team's fans say "he's a floater", that makes you think of Franzen.

Face it, Franzen may be the biggest floater in the league outside Penner. Franzen is the NHL standard for floater. Few in the league compare to his ineffectual play, worthless effort on the backcheck and predictability in the offensive zone all while having the worst "ho-hum" attitude before, during and afterword.
Just like everyone doesn't see eye to eye on Semin (for the record a huge fan of bringing him to the Wings) not everyone sees the same Franzen you describe. Face it both guys are hated on an awful lot for what they bring to the table. Semin makes a significant amount more money right now, but I like his game and think Datsyuk would be happy about the addition plus he brings maybe the best right handed shot in the business to the Wings powerplay. On the flip side you name me a player not on an ELC contract that does what Franzen does for similar pay?

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:

And of course you being critical of Franzen has no bias whatsoever and are being completely rational.

Is Semin a better player than Franzen? Sure. Will he make double what Franzen makes right now cap wise? Possibly.

Semin is probably more responsible defensively, but he still is extremely streaky. I would love to have Semin on the Wings, I think he would be a great fit. But he is who he is. He probably wants a 1 year deal, wants 6m+ and he's super injury prone.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:43 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:

Alex Semin is defensively responsible when he feels like it. Maybe half the time. The other half he's floating, taking stupid penalties, and being generally very selfish in the offensive zone. He's been benched several times and has recently seen the 4th line. Real winner, that Semin. Really disappointing to see so many Wings fans pine for him, often the same people who rail on Franzen, who, when considering more than just this past year, offers more value than Semin.

Biased against him? Of course. Just as I'm biased against any player with a litany of unattractive qualities. And just as I'm biased for players like Zach Parise, who offer a litany of valuable qualities. And just how you are clearly biased against Franzen. If you have no bias in how you view NHL players, then you view them all as equals.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Just like everyone doesn't see eye to eye on Semin (for the record a huge fan of bringing him to the Wings) not everyone sees the same Franzen you describe. Face it both guys are hated on an awful lot for what they bring to the table. Semin makes a significant amount more money right now, but I like his game and think Datsyuk would be happy about the addition plus he brings maybe the best right handed shot in the business to the Wings powerplay. On the flip side you name me a player not on an ELC contract that does what Franzen does for similar pay?
Michael Ryder, for about $500k less per year. Would have loved to see him come to Detroit, especially at his cap hit.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
Michael Ryder, for about $500k less per year. Would have loved to see him come to Detroit, especially at his cap hit.
dustin brown
joe pavelski

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:21 PM
FlashyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
dustin brown
joe pavelski
Pavelski definitely, but Brown's constant diving as left me personally soured on him.

Some other comparables salary wise to Franzen that I'd take over him include

Lucic,
Sharp,
and Jordan Staal.

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:23 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
Pavelski definitely, but Brown's constant diving as left me personally soured on him.

Lucic,
Sharp,
and Jordan Staal.
Only for one more season, then his cap hit is anyone's guess, but it will be larger than Franzen's.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:47 PM
chances14

Quote:

i find it ironic when you bring in the number of goals scored into the discussion considering how you just waive off the fact that franzen led the wings in goals this season

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 01:56 AM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
That's some massive hindsight.

Nobody, not even Dallas fans, thought Ryder would be so good this season. He matched his previous two seasons goal total in Boston in one year in Dallas. If he was thought to be a steady 30 goal guy, he'd have a much larger contract.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 02:24 AM
Frk It
#snipequist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post

Lucic,
Sharp,
and Jordan Staal.
regardless... he still gets 300 hits a year, and around 20-30 goals, and is a tremendous leader. I'll take him over Franzen any day.

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 08:39 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post

Nobody, not even Dallas fans, thought Ryder would be so good this season. He matched his previous two seasons goal total in Boston in one year in Dallas. If he was thought to be a steady 30 goal guy, he'd have a much larger contract.
Hindsight is 20/20, especially on this board, where it's used to bash Holland.

Old
05-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Hindsight is 20/20, especially on this board, where it's used to bash Holland.
or, call him a genius

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowings4013 View Post
regardless... he still gets 300 hits a year, and around 20-30 goals, and is a tremendous leader. I'll take him over Franzen any day.
Haha, why is this inserted into so many posts? I'd rather have Franzen AND Brown. Or Franzen AND Semin or Franzen AND Parise or Franzen AND Parise AND Semin.

Old
05-10-2012, 10:57 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Haha, why is this inserted into so many posts? I'd rather have Franzen AND Brown. Or Franzen AND Semin or Franzen AND Parise or Franzen AND Parise AND Semin.
Didn't you hear? May has been declared the HFBoards "Bash Franzen" month. Just like January, February, March and April.

Old
05-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Didn't you hear? May has been declared the HFBoards "Bash Franzen" month. Just like January, February, March and April.
Well, I don't care if people bash Franzen - I just find it strange that people are acting as if we have to get rid of Franzen to sign any of these pipe dream players.

Old
05-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post

He's scored 25 or more goals in 5 of his 8 seasons, and while he didn't put up big goal totals in his last 2 years in Boston, I'm not surprised to see him get over 30 this season. Do you think GM's around the league only paid attention to his last 2 seasons in Boston when became a UFA, and disregarded his other 6 years of production? I don't consider him a steady 30 goal guy, but he generally is going to hit at least 25 per, so hindsight or not, he's similar to Mule in production at a cheaper cap hit.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote