HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagromir Jagr the Superhero

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2012, 02:38 PM
  #1
OriginJM
watch out im smart
 
OriginJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,153
vCash: 500
Jagromir Jagr the Superhero



hell yeah

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 02:42 PM
  #2
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
loled, wonder if Jagr regrets his deal with sazka now

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 03:37 PM
  #3
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 500
Another Jagr related vid I just came across, about Jagrs beard

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...175596&lang=en

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:28 PM
  #4
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,531
vCash: 500
After 3 games vs NJ, Jagr is doing his best Casper impression, not a superhero.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:09 AM
  #5
FlyerGuy18
Registered User
 
FlyerGuy18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The PA of USA
Country: United States
Posts: 332
vCash: 500
he's playing like bruce wayne after bane got to him....

FlyerGuy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:30 PM
  #6
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
After 3 games vs NJ, Jagr is doing his best Casper impression, not a superhero.
haha i was thinking how long it will take for someone to make such comment
thanks for not dissapointing my expectations

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 03:19 PM
  #7
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid
 
TyrannoMeszarosRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kuwait
Country: Scotland
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
haha i was thinking how long it will take for someone to make such comment
thanks for not dissapointing my expectations
It's true though, he's been pretty ineffective and invisible throughout the series.

TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 03:27 PM
  #8
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,531
vCash: 500
I think jags is showing just how much of a young mans game it is now. If you can't skate and stick handle good luck...
I would have been open to bringing jagr back and deal voracek (oldest of our young crop and first to UFA) to get a d man, but now I don't think so.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 02:36 AM
  #9
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
It's true though, he's been pretty ineffective and invisible throughout the series.
i didn't say opposite, yes he has

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
I think jags is showing just how much of a young mans game it is now. If you can't skate and stick handle good luck...
I would have been open to bringing jagr back and deal voracek (oldest of our young crop and first to UFA) to get a d man, but now I don't think so.
its not about young / old, or do you really believe Jagr from first half of season got suddenly old when he turned 40?
but i bet we will know after playoffs what happend, not sooner...

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 11:35 AM
  #10
NHLsnipers
Registered User
 
NHLsnipers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,173
vCash: 500
The whole team has been pretty ineffective so far.

Voracek, Wellwood, & Schenn at times are the only three that can hang so far.

So far this series has all come down to coaching and Lavs is losing bad...

Talent wise - Flyers>>>>>>>>Devils
Coaching so far - Devils>Flyers

NHLsnipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 12:53 PM
  #11
jagrgodr
Registered User
 
jagrgodr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,674
vCash: 500
woah woah woah.. Jagr may be around here till he's 50!

"People might think I am crazy," Jagr said in a wide-ranging interview last week. "Everything in life is energy. [Albert] Einstein said it best: Energy will disappear if you transfer it to other things. If I go to church, my head is burning. It's on fire. I feel like my head is hooked up to electric steam. I feel it in my head right away, as soon as I walk in.

"It is a long process; you've got to do it 10 years, 20 years; it doesn't happen overnight. You've got to listen to your body. But you can harness that energy in your life. I don't think I'm getting old that quickly. You've got all the energy coming in your life if you ask for it. Only because of this, it's the reason I think I can still play until I'm 50."

http://articles.philly.com/2012-05-0...ers-management

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 09:29 AM
  #12
Czech Your Math
Registered User
 
Czech Your Math's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: bohemia
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
woah woah woah.. Jagr may be around here till he's 50!

"People might think I am crazy," Jagr said in a wide-ranging interview last week. "Everything in life is energy. [Albert] Einstein said it best: Energy will disappear if you transfer it to other things. If I go to church, my head is burning. It's on fire. I feel like my head is hooked up to electric steam. I feel it in my head right away, as soon as I walk in.

"It is a long process; you've got to do it 10 years, 20 years; it doesn't happen overnight. You've got to listen to your body. But you can harness that energy in your life. I don't think I'm getting old that quickly. You've got all the energy coming in your life if you ask for it. Only because of this, it's the reason I think I can still play until I'm 50."

http://articles.philly.com/2012-05-0...ers-management
Very good article, thanks! He'd make a good coach... whenever he decides to hang 'em up.

However, based on recent comments here, appears Bryz and Jagr will be the scapegoats if the Flyers don't advance further this year.

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:13 PM
  #13
czechmate25
Registered User
 
czechmate25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hershey, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
Very good article, thanks! He'd make a good coach... whenever he decides to hang 'em up.

However, based on recent comments here, appears Bryz and Jagr will be the scapegoats if the Flyers don't advance further this year.
What did you expect???

Anyone who thinks Jags isn't injured right now needs to get a clue. It has nothing to do with age, the entire squad (with the exception of a select few) is struggling right now. Injuries....not age, folks.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:28 PM
  #14
OriginJM
watch out im smart
 
OriginJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,153
vCash: 500
jagrs groin and back is pretty damaged right now i've heard, the offseason will do him well but he's struggling to move it seems

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 02:11 PM
  #15
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate25 View Post
What did you expect???

Anyone who thinks Jags isn't injured right now needs to get a clue. It has nothing to do with age, the entire squad (with the exception of a select few) is struggling right now. Injuries....not age, folks.
Age has an effect on most injuries.

And Jagr isn't the reason we are losing, the team is as a whole.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 02:18 PM
  #16
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate25 View Post
What did you expect???

Anyone who thinks Jags isn't injured right now needs to get a clue. It has nothing to do with age, the entire squad (with the exception of a select few) is struggling right now. Injuries....not age, folks.
actually, age has a lot to do with injuries

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 01:09 AM
  #17
pughater
Registered User
 
pughater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: montgomery county
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
it was nice to see this guys comments about philly and the team. truly not what i expected when he was signed here.

pughater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:56 PM
  #18
Vandalay Industries
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
woah woah woah.. Jagr may be around here till he's 50!

Another fantastic (and very reliable) quote from the man who brought us this unique input before the season:



Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
i have a feeling he will eclipse 100. I honestly think he can stay healthy, he is so huge it will be hard for him to get knocked down. He knows people will be gunning for him like Ovechkin did so he will be prepared and be okay. If the flyers can manage to get a lot of PPs, you could easily see Jagr kill it there. He is still an AWESOME passer and has amazing vision, so even if his shot leaves he will still be able to setup others.

There is a reason he came to Philly, and i think it was to prove to everyone that he can still be the best in the world. I understand him, he knows that he is one of the best and this team was perfect for him to display his awesome skills.

If all goes well, and he puts up over 101 points this season, he would have 1700 points. He COULD come back in 2012 and put up only 23 points and he will pass Mario on the all time points leader and put himself at #7. All he needs is 123 points in two seasons to pass Mario.. is this what he wants? It could be as easy as 1.. 2... 3!

Reasons on why he can achieve over 100: A happy Jagr with players he likes is a motivated Jagr. Look at the Rangers when he scored 125, he had his buddies around him. Once the Rangers focused on those scrubs Drury and Gomez ($14million a year LOL), they stopped focusing on Jagr for some unknown reason. He could have retirerd as a Rangers, just like Gretzky and Messier did.. how amazing would that have been? You could tell that it was a horrible move by the rangers and Jagr felt hurt and promised the KHL that he would come over.

Also he LOVES helping young players out. His teammate on the KHL that died was a future rangers super star that he was mentoring. He will be AWESOME help to your young players, especially the czech kid.

Vandalay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 02:13 PM
  #19
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalay Industries View Post
Another fantastic (and very reliable) quote from the man who brought us this unique input before the season:
all the Jagr fans that magically became Flyers fans when he signed here won't be here next season when Jagr doesn't re-sign here

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 05:04 PM
  #20
pughater
Registered User
 
pughater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: montgomery county
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
maybe next season instead of jagr back they can bring big e back

pughater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.