HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Nash is fine but get some playmakers

Old
05-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Siberian

vCash: 500
Nash is fine but get some playmakers

Nashville is really one of the best NHL francises. I love the fact they allowed Trotz to create a solid system. He definitely should not be fired!

However, because of all this Radulov bashing in the last week many do not see one of the few things that need to be fixed - they need a center or two who can make plays and make a scoring pass. Radulov, who according to many was so bad, to me was the best passer on your team. I say let Suter, who was pretty much useless go, but find a way to bring an elite center and then I believe Nashville will be a true Cup contender. I think that center could have been the difference this year.

But you guys have an awesome team with a great system, nothing to be ashamed of.

Siberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:11 PM
cleangene

Suggestions? And, why was it that the "missing piece" was a scorer after last season, but suddenly there's a need for a playmaking center? I guess Marcel Goc was that role player, and it was expected that he would be back, since only 1 piece was "missing".

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:33 AM
VFL615*

Rads can make plays that is a fact and he did so 6 points in the playoffs playing in 8 games. However for the money he is going to command, the bs that he has put the Predators through, and his actions in the 2nd round of the playoffs i am not sure they are going to take that chance.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:34 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Suggestions? And, why was it that the "missing piece" was a scorer after last season, but suddenly there's a need for a playmaking center? I guess Marcel Goc was that role player, and it was expected that he would be back, since only 1 piece was "missing".
Marcel Goc..lol are you serious. I doubt he is the Center dude is talking about or anyone for that matter.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:19 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Yeah all of us clamored for a sniper because we had so many playmakers on the team already, but the trouble now is we have some pretty good wingers without a true top line center who can control the play in the offensive end and set up plays for those wingers. All of the wingers were trying to make the plays by either sending the puck across the ice to the other wing, sending it back to the point, or trying to feed it through to a center who couldn't do much with it.

Let's not forget that Phoenix is also a very good defense team this year. I do think we need a number 1 center (and we have for a while), but I don't think Poile needs to necessary panic just because of this series.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:18 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Yeah all of us clamored for a sniper because we had so many playmakers on the team already, but the trouble now is we have some pretty good wingers without a true top line center who can control the play in the offensive end and set up plays for those wingers. All of the wingers were trying to make the plays by either sending the puck across the ice to the other wing, sending it back to the point, or trying to feed it through to a center who couldn't do much with it.

Let's not forget that Phoenix is also a very good defense team this year. I do think we need a number 1 center (and we have for a while), but I don't think Poile needs to necessary panic just because of this series.
Legwand has had plenty of time to be a top line center he just is not getting the job done these days. I like Fisher just as much as the next guy but he as well is not a top line center. He was not one for the Sens and as much as i respect his game and hardwork he does not have the skill to be the top line center this team needs. Him or Leggy as a 3rd line center would bring great rewards IMO. However, then you run into paying a 3rd line player 4m a year. You insert Smith into a top line Center or Winger and the same with Wilson. If Wilson cannot be on Trotz top 2 lines he needs to be traded. High skill guys are not going to get what you want out of them playing with Yip and Toots

Old
05-09-2012, 02:07 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I agree Legwand is not a top line center but he's closer than Fisher, and Fisher actually played on the topline.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 02:37 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I agree Legwand is not a top line center but he's closer than Fisher, and Fisher actually played on the topline.
I agree with this. Legwand controlled the ice a ton this postseason. He and his line didn't have the points to put an exclamation point on it. but that is the difference between a top line and a number 2 center. Fisher would be a great 3rd line center, but north of 3 million is expensive for that.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 03:43 PM
VFL615*

Trade one. Im torn but i would probably trade Fisher and put Leggy on the 3rd line since Leggy is an original og. I just wish he would play like 06-07 like he is capable of every year and then turn it up even more in the post season.

Old
05-09-2012, 04:36 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Trade one. Im torn but i would probably trade Fisher and put Leggy on the 3rd line since Leggy is an original og. I just wish he would play like 06-07 like he is capable of every year and then turn it up even more in the post season.
he had kariya in 06-07 .. and erat.. but mostly kariya .. the guy was the best player to ever put on a preds jersey

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
he had kariya in 06-07 .. and erat.. but mostly kariya .. the guy was the best player to ever put on a preds jersey
Nod nod wink wink

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 06:39 PM
NoNecksCurse

well maybe forsberg lol... but as far as what someone has done in a preds jersey, its kariya AINEC

Old
05-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
well maybe forsberg lol... but as far as what someone has done in a preds jersey, its kariya AINEC
Any reason to post that video!

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 07:13 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Any reason to post that video!
can't believe that play.. was at the game and it was unreal. best regular season moment in preds history imo

Old
05-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Nacho
Special

You guys should look into Omark, models his play after Forsberg and will cost you next to nothing...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:19 AM
ChesterCopperpot1

God those mustard jerseys were hideous. Can't believe I ever liked them

ChesterCopperpot1 is offline   Reply With Quote