Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Karri Rämö

Old
04-17-2012, 01:02 PM
J Murda

vCash: 500
Karri Rämö

I just watched Game 3 of the KHL finals on You Tube and this guy is a stud. Avangard won 1-0 and Ramo stole the show. They now have a 2-1 series lead.

I'm wondering what the Flames plans are with him. He looks like a guy who can easily be a starting goalie in the NHL and if he wins the Garagin Cup and potentially becomes MVP, his stock must be going up.

Any insights?

J Murda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Murda View Post
I just watched Game 3 of the KHL finals on You Tube and this guy is a stud. Avangard won 1-0 and Ramo stole the show. They now have a 2-1 series lead.

I'm wondering what the Flames plans are with him. He looks like a guy who can easily be a starting goalie in the NHL and if he wins the Garagin Cup and potentially becomes MVP, his stock must be going up.

Any insights?
a couple days after we acquired his rights he said he would like to come to Calgary after his contract in the KHL is finished.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:26 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
a couple days after we acquired his rights he said he would like to come to Calgary after his contract in the KHL is finished.
His contract expiring coincide with Kiprusoffs salary dropping to 1.5 million too, I believe. Make kipper a very attractive option for a team like the Isles or florida who may be on the upswing as their prospects develop.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Sean Monahan
#boring

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
His contract expiring coincide with Kiprusoffs salary dropping to 1.5 million too, I believe. Make kipper a very attractive option for a team like the Isles or florida who may be on the upswing as their prospects develop.
So he has 1 more year remaining correct?

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalkeg View Post
So he has 1 more year remaining correct?
Ramo? Yes.

Old
04-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Sean Monahan
#boring

I wonder how the situation with Irving is going to play out and how he feels about the whole Ramo thing.

He's been stuck under Kipper for a while, but as a result polished his game during all that time in the AHL.

I see about 20-25 games for Leland next year, or I least I hope so.

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Beats By CoRD
Who really run this?

Quote:
I wonder how the situation with Irving is going to play out and how he feels about the whole Ramo thing.

He's been stuck under Kipper for a while, but as a result polished his game during all that time in the AHL.

Nothing wrong with a little healthy competition. Let them battle it out for the #1 spot. Also, if they are willing, teams like St. Louis are proving that the 1a-1b tandem can work.

HawnzDynastyProductions.com
Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:33 PM
MarkGio

Yeah, not knowing what to do with Irving and Ramo is a problem I would certainly prefer to have than not to.

MarkGio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:40 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Yeah, not knowing what to do with Irving and Ramo is a problem I would certainly prefer to have than not to.
We still don't know how either one does over a full season, so its not yet "a problem".

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:07 PM
DouglasQuaid
Blabbed about Mars

Quote:
I never saw that, that's awesome. I know a sticking point in the past with him was that he didn't want to come over unless he was going to start, good to hear. Can never have too many goalies.

DouglasQuaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:36 PM
OrrwastheBeatles

Quote:

Yeah, IMO they should keep Kipper this year, with Irving as the backup getting at least 20-25 games.

Then next year (or at the trade deadline if we aren't playoff bound) THEN we trade Kipper and go with Irving / Ramo the following year for better of for worse

OrrwastheBeatles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasQuaid View Post
I never saw that, that's awesome. I know a sticking point in the past with him was that he didn't want to come over unless he was going to start, good to hear. Can never have too many goalies.
see that was blown out of proportion by a group of fans misquoting him. Ramo said he didn't want to come over unless he had a chance to compete for a starting job. Or to dumb it down, he doesn't want to be the back-up to Price who is younger and will start 70+ games a year

Old
04-17-2012, 10:30 PM
DouglasQuaid
Blabbed about Mars

Quote:
see that was blown out of proportion by a group of fans misquoting him. Ramo said he didn't want to come over unless he had a chance to compete for a starting job. Or to dumb it down, he doesn't want to be the back-up to Price who is younger and will start 70+ games a year
So pretty much when Kipper's deal is done, he'll be ready to come over and will be happy to at least compete with Irving to start. Go Feaster.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:38 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
So pretty much when Kipper's deal is done, he'll be ready to come over and will be happy to at least compete with Irving to start. Go Feaster.
actually he will be eligible to come over when Kiprusoff has 1 year (with 1.5 million and no form of NTC) on his contract remaining.

So potentially we could see a 3 headed goaltending dragon in the fall of 2013.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:27 AM
DouglasQuaid
Blabbed about Mars

Quote:
actually he will be eligible to come over when Kiprusoff has 1 year (with 1.5 million and no form of NTC) on his contract remaining.

So potentially we could see a 3 headed goaltending dragon in the fall of 2013.
Oh yeah, depending on next year obviously, do you expect Kipper back for his $1.5 mil year? If Irving continues to prove himself, and Ramo ready to come over... if Kipper's even somewhat suspect next year, there's no real reason to have him back at that age.

Or Kipper lights it up and Feaster sells high with 2 young guys ready to go.

If all 3 are playing well, and here though... won't hear me complaining at all.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:57 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Oh yeah, depending on next year obviously, do you expect Kipper back for his $1.5 mil year? If Irving continues to prove himself, and Ramo ready to come over... if Kipper's even somewhat suspect next year, there's no real reason to have him back at that age.

Or Kipper lights it up and Feaster sells high with 2 young guys ready to go.

If all 3 are playing well, and here though... won't hear me complaining at all.
I don't know what to think to be honest, but I think that we have been able to move Kipper for a couple years now

Old
04-18-2012, 03:35 AM
DouglasQuaid
Blabbed about Mars

Quote:
I don't know what to think to be honest, but I think that we have been able to move Kipper for a couple years now
I honestly wasn't sold until this year, but Irving definitely won me over. And if Ramo's play translates well, we've got nothing to worry about for the next 10+ years. I can't see both of them completely flopping in the NHL.

Old
04-18-2012, 03:40 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
I honestly wasn't sold until this year, but Irving definitely won me over. And if Ramo's play translates well, we've got nothing to worry about for the next 10+ years. I can't see both of them completely flopping in the NHL.
Irving wasn't even the reason I was okay with it. I look at the cup finals since the lockout and more often than not the goaltenders playing are not the high paid "elite" goaltenders. Whether its because the salary is used to fill other holes or the "elite" guys wear down from playing 70+ games or even another reason, I'm not sure. But it seems to me good goaltending is all you need if you have a good team

Old
04-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Mysterio

That trade payed immediate divedends for Calgary and also in the long run. The thing that really scares me is what will that second turn out to be ? if he is a bust awesome and we already win the deal I am very confident to trade Kipper with Ramo and Irving on the back even if one does not meet expectations we will have at least one all star goalie I hope.

Mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Feel The Heat

vCash: 492
Karri Ramo pleased Calgary Flames have his rights; hopes to return to NHL

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...rn-to-NHL.html

Feel The Heat is offline   Reply With Quote