HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kabanov could be headed to the KHL

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-11-2012, 05:12 PM
  #1
ayashin716
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Kabanov could be headed to the KHL

Just another chapter in a long and horrible novel...


staple
No confirmation from #Isles yet on @dchesnokov report that Kirill Kabanov is headed to KHL... But @dchesnokov is rarely wrong. More in a bit

dchesnokov
sports.ru is reporting Kirill Kabanov will play for Salavat Yulaev in the KHL. Trying to confirm #Isles #Shocked

ayashin716 is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 05:13 PM
  #2
ayashin716
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
now staple tweets:

Text from #Isles GM Garth Snow on report that Kabanov signed in KHL: "News to me. He's under contract for the next 3 years."

ayashin716 is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 05:25 PM
  #3
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 20,883
vCash: 500
What the ****? If true, **** him.

__________________

IslesRock4 is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 05:29 PM
  #4
Seph
Registered User
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Oregon
Country: South Korea
Posts: 15,824
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seph
I thought there was a general agreement about not poaching players under contract?

Seph is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 05:32 PM
  #5
JKP
Registered User
 
JKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I thought there was a general agreement about not poaching players under contract?
There is. That's what makes this even more interesting potentially...

JKP is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 05:42 PM
  #6
WangMustGo
NYI
 
WangMustGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 950
Ill be pretty mad about this if true. Didn't he sever his ties to Russia?

WangMustGo is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 05:43 PM
  #7
redbull
movin'on up
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,065
vCash: 500
"They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house. I'm not made of stone!" -Krusty the Clown (and maybe another Klown - stay tuned)

redbull is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 05:45 PM
  #8
OpAck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Wilmington, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,246
vCash: 500
To me, Chesnokov is like the Bob McKenzie of Russia...fairly respectable, not willing to jump the gun on any rumor, etc. So this surprises me. He's still looking for confirmation, and the fact that Garth isn't aware of it, tells me it's more rumor than anything.

OpAck is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 05:46 PM
  #9
NYI JT91
Registered User
 
NYI JT91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mastic, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Seriously...WTH. Petrov now Kabanov, we are losing our future offensive weapons left and right. No on will come here via FA now we lose those 2. Dibenidetto(forgive the name spelling) will not be the next st.louis. strome is Peca at best..We have no superstar offensive players in our prospect pool. Our pool is slowly becoming strictly good depth at best as each year passes. Anyone else thinking we need to trade up for nail ? I am. At this point id be ready to pull a Milbury and trade our 1st and some of our better unproven prospects to get him, atleast we know he will be a really good player and soon. Its killing me to see the trend that one way or the other...we dont have many significant players to look foward to.

NYI JT91 is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 05:50 PM
  #10
ledzep1212
COYB
 
ledzep1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lindenhurst
Country: United States
Posts: 1,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesallday View Post
Seriously...WTH. Petrov now Kabanov, we are losing our future offensive weapons left and right. No on will come here via FA now we lose those 2. Dibenidetto(forgive the name spelling) will not be the next st.louis. strome is Peca at best..We have no superstar offensive players in our prospect pool. Our pool is slowly becoming strictly good depth at best as each year passes. Anyone else thinking we need to trade up for nail ? I am. At this point id be ready to pull a Milbury and trade our 1st and some of our better unproven prospects to get him, atleast we know he will be a really good player and soon. Its killing me to see the trend that one way or the other...we dont have many significant players to look foward to.
uhhh, how about you wait until this is confirmed before you jump off the ledge.

ledzep1212 is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 05:52 PM
  #11
seafoam
Registered User
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 36,988
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesallday View Post
Seriously...WTH. Petrov now Kabanov, we are losing our future offensive weapons left and right. No on will come here via FA now we lose those 2. Dibenidetto(forgive the name spelling) will not be the next st.louis. strome is Peca at best..We have no superstar offensive players in our prospect pool. Our pool is slowly becoming strictly good depth at best as each year passes. Anyone else thinking we need to trade up for nail ? I am. At this point id be ready to pull a Milbury and trade our 1st and some of our better unproven prospects to get him, atleast we know he will be a really good player and soon. Its killing me to see the trend that one way or the other...we dont have many significant players to look foward to.
Strome is Peca at best? I wasn't aware you had a time machine, quick tell me what stocks to buy!!!

seafoam is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 05:58 PM
  #12
Seph
Registered User
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Oregon
Country: South Korea
Posts: 15,824
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seph
I would love it if Strome was as good as Peca in his prime. Excellent leadership, elite shutdown forward, devastating open ice hits, and good for 20g and 50+ pts per year? Sign me up, please.

Seph is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 05:59 PM
  #13
NYI JT91
Registered User
 
NYI JT91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mastic, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzep1212 View Post
uhhh, how about you wait until this is confirmed before you jump off the ledge.
Its not jumping off the edge bud...its called common sense. Plus this is real, trust me. Even if it wasent we would be stupid not to try and trade up anyway hes one guy(kabanov) I felt this way log before this news..the rest of our pool is still not that good. weve been on this rebuild for how long now ?? Snow is all about standing pat where did we finish last year ? Yeah I think getting another JT in this draft is the only way we improve, unless of course you can think of another way ? this franchise has proven for years now we cant do it any other way because weve tried those ways. The only success (JT) came via 1st overall. doing that again sounds pretty good to me.

NYI JT91 is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 05:59 PM
  #14
redbull
movin'on up
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
To me, Chesnokov is like the Bob McKenzie of Russia...fairly respectable, not willing to jump the gun on any rumor, etc. So this surprises me. He's still looking for confirmation, and the fact that Garth isn't aware of it, tells me it's more rumor than anything.
I don't think Garth would know anything ahead of time. How many people tell their boss they're looking to maybe sign on at another company before they hand over a resignation letter?

If KK decided to sign in the KHL while he's under contract to the NYI and that's what he wants to do, he's got every right since there's no agreement between the KHL-NHL.

Is it "right", does it reflect a player's integrity, character? I think so, but so what?

The right thing to do is approach Garth, via his agent, explain what's happening, KK's desire to play in the KHL next season and at least have the discussion. Probably the same result but at least the GM isn't made to look the fool.

Anyway, this is pure speculation and big picture, not a huge deal. But since it's the NHL playoffs, this must the NYI off-season, so it's a story.

redbull is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 06:01 PM
  #15
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I would love it if Strome was as good as Peca in his prime. Excellent leadership, elite shutdown forward, devastating open ice hits, and good for 20g and 50+ pts per year? Sign me up, please.
(until Strome cries and moves back to buffalo )

OlTimeHockey is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 06:02 PM
  #16
Doug Height
Okposwag
 
Doug Height's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I would love it if Strome was as good as Peca in his prime. Excellent leadership, elite shutdown forward, devastating open ice hits, and good for 20g and 50+ pts per year? Sign me up, please.
Sign me up too please.

Even though Strome plays nothing like Peca.

Doug Height is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 06:03 PM
  #17
NYI JT91
Registered User
 
NYI JT91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mastic, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
Strome is Peca at best? I wasn't aware you had a time machine, quick tell me what stocks to buy!!!
Your insult is not needed. Im going based off what experts have compared him to etc...unless of course youve seen him play and have a better prediciton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I would love it if Strome was as good as Peca in his prime. Excellent leadership, elite shutdown forward, devastating open ice hits, and good for 20g and 50+ pts per year? Sign me up, please.
Absolutly ill take it to...all im saying is that does not make us contenders or even a playoff team at that. Strome is our only good prospect. everyone else imo could be fails.

NYI JT91 is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 06:07 PM
  #18
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,379
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesallday View Post
Seriously...WTH. Petrov now Kabanov, we are losing our future offensive weapons left and right. No on will come here via FA now we lose those 2. Dibenidetto(forgive the name spelling) will not be the next st.louis. strome is Peca at best..We have no superstar offensive players in our prospect pool. Our pool is slowly becoming strictly good depth at best as each year passes. Anyone else thinking we need to trade up for nail ? I am. At this point id be ready to pull a Milbury and trade our 1st and some of our better unproven prospects to get him, atleast we know he will be a really good player and soon. Its killing me to see the trend that one way or the other...we dont have many significant players to look foward to.
Yeah,having lost Petrov,Grebs and Kabanov to the KHL,Snow will be rushing out to land another Russian at the cost of 4th overall + top young talent

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 06:08 PM
  #19
NYI JT91
Registered User
 
NYI JT91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mastic, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
Sign me up too please.

Even though Strome plays nothing like Peca.
Ill disagree. Id say he shouldnt be far off. Except for the fact he wont be as good of a hitter. I can see him as a leader and 20g 50p, good shutdown player( maybe not as good as peca tho)

NYI JT91 is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 06:09 PM
  #20
Doug Height
Okposwag
 
Doug Height's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesallday View Post
Its not jumping off the edge bud...its called common sense. Plus this is real, trust me. Even if it wasent we would be stupid not to try and trade up anyway hes one guy(kabanov) I felt this way log before this news..the rest of our pool is still not that good. weve been on this rebuild for how long now ?? Snow is all about standing pat where did we finish last year ? Yeah I think getting another JT in this draft is the only way we improve, unless of course you can think of another way ? this franchise has proven for years now we cant do it any other way because weve tried those ways. The only success (JT) came via 1st overall. doing that again sounds pretty good to me.
Take away Kabanov and Petrov and they still have a top 5 prospect pool. Not that big of a loss IMO.

It's not like we are losing our top 2 prospects here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesallday View Post
Your insult is not needed. Im going based off what experts have compared him to etc...unless of course youve seen him play and have a better prediciton
I've never seen Ryan Strome compared to Peca.

Guy is all offense right now, maybe he will develop some shutdown skills someday, we will see.

Doug Height is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 06:10 PM
  #21
NYI JT91
Registered User
 
NYI JT91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mastic, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Yeah,having lost Petrov,Grebs and Kabanov to the KHL,Snow will be rushing out to land another Russian at the cost of 4th overall + top young talent
Fair enough except where is the top young talent aside from strome ? Was suppose to be Nino also but the Islanders are ruining him before our eyes every night.

NYI JT91 is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 06:12 PM
  #22
NYI JT91
Registered User
 
NYI JT91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mastic, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
Take away Kabanov and Petrov and they still have a top 5 prospect pool. Not that big of a loss IMO.

It's not like we are losing our top 2 prospects here.



I've never seen Ryan Strome compared to Peca.

Agreed, but offensivly quite possibly they are.

Ive seen it before cant remeber where and to be fair I said Peca at best. Not that he would end up like him

NYI JT91 is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 06:13 PM
  #23
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,379
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesallday View Post
Its not jumping off the edge bud...its called common sense. Plus this is real, trust me. Even if it wasent we would be stupid not to try and trade up anyway hes one guy(kabanov) I felt this way log before this news..the rest of our pool is still not that good. weve been on this rebuild for how long now ?? Snow is all about standing pat where did we finish last year ? Yeah I think getting another JT in this draft is the only way we improve, unless of course you can think of another way ? this franchise has proven for years now we cant do it any other way because weve tried those ways. The only success (JT) came via 1st overall. doing that again sounds pretty good to me.
Different sites like hockeyprospectus/HF/THN rank the NYI prospect pool very highly.Among the best in the league.

Kabanov,like Petrov,was a low risk/high reward pick because the isles only used 3rd rounders on them.

It's a big difference, having a 3rd rounder not work out vs. a top 4 pick not working out.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 06:14 PM
  #24
seafoam
Registered User
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 36,988
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesallday View Post
Your insult is not needed. Im going based off what experts have compared him to etc...unless of course youve seen him play and have a better prediciton



Absolutly ill take it to...all im saying is that does not make us contenders or even a playoff team at that. Strome is our only good prospect. everyone else imo could be fails.
Not sure how that is an insult

seafoam is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 06:16 PM
  #25
NYI JT91
Registered User
 
NYI JT91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mastic, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
Not sure how that is an insult
Well if it wasent I apologize. Maybe I took it wrong, long day already lol

NYI JT91 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.