HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Evgeni Malkin - All the Best Goals, Hits and Dangles

Old
05-09-2012, 10:11 AM
FreshFitted67

vCash: 500
Evgeni Malkin - All the Best Goals, Hits and Dangles

I know there are a million of these out there, but check out my new Malkin video. I tried to emphasize all his skills and abilities. Tell me what you think

FreshFitted67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:20 AM
wej20

Great job , should help me get through the long off-season.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Saku11

Malkin is a player its easy to get highlight vid material of. In that goal against Tampa he makes it look so easy

Saku11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:53 AM
DegenX
Mixing the Kool-Aid

Very nice. Lots of different angles/perspectives to really highlight just what he can do.
Would watch again

DegenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:58 AM
wej20

what's the song you used?

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:58 AM
SidGenoMario

vCash: 511
That was amazing, especially the 1st minute. I want a video of just his stickhandling, I could watch that all day.

SidGenoMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:23 AM
FreshFitted67

The song is a remix called "You've Got the Love" by the XX. The original song is by Florence and The Machine.
On youtube search for: You've Got the Love XX remix

Last edited by FreshFitted67: 05-09-2012 at 11:31 AM.
FreshFitted67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:14 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 50
OT but if a sponsor wants a Malkin avatar

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Mod Powers

Geno is the man. No doubt about it.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:19 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Geno is definitely the man and has had some amazing highlight reels. However, i just cannot stand when people go crazy over that backhand goal against Carolina. Kids in junior hockey can score goals like that. His beast mode take over in that series was faaaaar superior to that one highlight that gets played over and over again.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:41 PM
FDBluth

Great vid. Love Malkin's stickwork. I've been mesmerized by it ever since I saw him play live at the World Juniors in 2006. He was doing stuff on the ice that didn't even make sense.

FDBluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Blitzburgh87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Geno is definitely the man and has had some amazing highlight reels. However, i just cannot stand when people go crazy over that backhand goal against Carolina. Kids in junior hockey can score goals like that. His beast mode take over in that series was faaaaar superior to that one highlight that gets played over and over again.
True. Although it honestly was a lucky goal you can't tell me he knows where to shoot when he's facing the opposite direction lol. But he's had so many better goals than that particular one. His best goals come when he's dangling the Puck or just using his one timer. I think one of his best goals was this year in the all star game.

Blitzburgh87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
That's not the point. Junior players can do a lot of that **** against other junior players. The whole play made it ridiculous. He took the faceoff won it forward, beat everyone behind the net, came out in front, and roofed a turn around backhand. The mere fact he tried it in a playoff game is awesome. The fact that he executed is what made it so amazing.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:21 PM
SidGenoMario

I never thought the goal was that spectacular, I thought the fact that it completed a playoff hat-trick was the amazing part.

Old
05-13-2012, 06:22 PM
yuri28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFitted67 View Post
I know there are a million of these out there, but check out my new Malkin video. I tried to emphasize all his skills and abilities. Tell me what you think

Amazing video, thanks!!!
And i especially like your choice of last play which for me remains Geno's best goal to date and one of the best goal i've ever seen in the last decade.

Quote:
+100000000000 Cole
I also think it's probably Geno's most overrated goal by a mile.
For example, the goal he scored against Brodeur was far harder to score in my opinion and more beautiful too.

yuri28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 11:28 PM
SidGenoMario

Yeah, I can name a dozen Malkin goals better than the Carolina goal. It bugs me when people refer to it as a "where were you when" moment. It was nice, but if it was his first goal of the night in a preseason game, it wouldn't have as much attention. Now his Devils goal or the Tampa goal, those are special.

Old
05-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidGenoMario View Post
Yeah, I can name a dozen Malkin goals better than the Carolina goal. It bugs me when people refer to it as a "where were you when" moment. It was nice, but if it was his first goal of the night in a preseason game, it wouldn't have as much attention. Now his Devils goal or the Tampa goal, those are special.
When I saw that goal, I had just sat down with a freshly opened bottle of beer and saw that whole play happen from start to finish and just sat there thinking "what the hell just happened? that's the sort of crap you pull in an EA game...it doesn't happen in real life."

Anyone see his performance against the Swedes not so long ago? This new Geno is going to make this past season look like nothing, next season.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 02:00 AM
Master Shake

Malkin needs to go on the PK

Master Shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 03:30 AM
Honour Over Glory

Pens PK is top 5 without Malkin on it, Pens have the luxury of not having to use their big two guns on the PK. That's a good thing in my books, people can use that as a negative thing when they talk about the two, but it's just how good the Pens are when things are going right.

Old
05-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Pancakes

Quote:
Kids in junior hockey can score goals like that.
Uhh, no they can't. I've played hockey my whole life and making that backhand from that angle while cutting around the net is pretty difficult.

Not saying you haven't played or trying to lord my playing experience over you but that goal is really hard to do in my opinion.

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 05:18 PM
MrBurgundy
Dan was a bad choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Pens PK is top 5 without Malkin on it, Pens have the luxury of not having to use their big two guns on the PK. That's a good thing in my books, people can use that as a negative thing when they talk about the two, but it's just how good the Pens are when things are going right.
How did it look the past two seasons when it mattered?

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
How did it look the past two seasons when it mattered?
You mean when the entire team collapsed defensively even strength and on the pk in the playoffs?

What about it?

Old
05-15-2012, 07:46 PM
MrBurgundy
Dan was a bad choice

Quote:
You mean when the entire team collapsed defensively even strength and on the pk in the playoffs?

What about it?
That's what.

We've seen from multiple teams this post season that you can use your top offensive players to PK, and not only does it work, but it also gives you a chance at scoring short handed, which in turn backs off the opposing PP.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:39 AM
Saku11

Quote:

What about it?
Maybe the PK wouldnt have if Sid and Geno played some of the PK time. I think its fairly obvious they would be the best penalty killers in this team.

Saku11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 04:26 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku11 View Post
Maybe the PK wouldnt have if Sid and Geno played some of the PK time. I think its fairly obvious they would be the best penalty killers in this team.
Entire team gave up defensively, it wouldn't have mattered if Crosby and Malkin were on the PK units. The ENTIRE TEAM GAVE UP DEFENSIVELY...I don't get what part of that people have a hard time understanding, to be honest.

If Crosby and Malkin themselves were also playing mediocre defensively, would anything have changed? No, Fleury wasn't stopping the pucks and the defensemen and forwards decided checking was something you only do in the regular season, not the playoffs.

Pens problem was that they stopped believing in their own system and played it so loose that they became their own worst enemies. It has nothing to do with playing your star player on the PK. Those other teams have to just to be decent, people say Giroux is on the PK, well without him, the Flyers pK is even worse, what were they like 17th ranked? They NEED to use him, Pens don't "NEED" to use Malkin or Sid on the pk. But playing them near the end of the PK isn't a bad idea and it has been done a few times. I am ok with that, out of a 2min pk, Sid & Geno playing 30 seconds of it.