HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dysfunctional --the new buzzword on the Blackhawks

Old
05-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Marotte Marauder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
You lost me right there.. Rocky spent the most money on his roster, for players both on and off it, than any other owner in the NHL last year. If you have a problem with Rocky, it shouldn't be the amount of money he's spending on this team, it should be that he's allowing McD to influence hockey operations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Bingo. Rocky is spending good money and deserves a return on his investment. So do the fans though. Let McDonough keep his marketing duties and get him the hell away from hockey ops and personnel decisions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
No I think you’ve been lost for a lot longer than that, especially if you think Rocky/Stan put in a good effort to improve this team since we won the Cup. It simply ain’t so.... and the point is that the salary dumps of Brouwer, Campbell and Campoli were strictly that. Much of that money is still unspent, and we have an ill-equipped rookie playing largely at 2nd line center and the PP as well as a sophomore 21 year old playing in the top 4 on defence, when he's not ready.

And there is that old stand-by excuse again ..... about Hawks spending money outside of the cap on Huet etc…. That extra expenditure should in no way affect the day-to-day operations of the club or the product on the ice. But you’re right, it seems to be doing exactly that. Let’s blame Tallon now … anyone but Rocky or Stan. :sigh:
It's ALWAYS about the $$$. Why do you think McD is given such power within the organ-I-zation?

The off the roster expenditures should have nothing to do with the on-ice roster, that decision has already been made and the money spent, let it go.

I was around for the worst to first run in the late '60s. Sadly, I was also around June 27, 1972 when the greatest player left the club for the WHA. The team was OK for a while after but never the same buzz in town.

I'm concerned that is where this team is headed, unless (as Rocky hopes) McD can keep the Hawks relevant even if they are mediocre.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote