HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This is REALITY!!!!

Old
05-23-2012, 01:04 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

vCash: 500
This is REALITY!!!!

For those of you who have just recently started following the kings, I envy you. This has been a long time coming. It is surreal. They are far from finished, but it feels good to be back in the show. No matter what happens from here, the kings have made us proud. Thank you for playing your hearts out and proving all the haters wrong.

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:22 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

Agreed. Great night for all fans.

Grew up in a Kings family in the south bay for 33 years and following closely for nearly 20 years.

Last edited by The Butcher: 05-23-2012 at 02:38 AM.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:31 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Kings fan my whole life. Haven't witnessed much in the success column, crazy ride right now

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:31 AM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Pinch my nipples! Is this real?

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:37 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
For those of you who have just recently started following the kings, I envy you. This has been a long time coming. It is surreal. They are far from finished, but it feels good to be back in the show. No matter what happens from here, the kings have made us proud. Thank you for playing your hearts out and proving all the haters wrong.
lol, who the hell in their right mind would have "just started following the kings". People just figured out that the Kings don't score touchdowns. I don't think the Kings have acquired a new fan since 93.

We're ALL long-suffering fans. I don't think a person on here doesn't know how everyone of us feels.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:12 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
lol, who the hell in their right mind would have "just started following the kings". People just figured out that the Kings don't score touchdowns. I don't think the Kings have acquired a new fan since 93.

We're ALL long-suffering fans. I don't think a person on here doesn't know how everyone of us feels.
In the case you haven't noticed, there are a lot of people on our board born in the 90's. I doubt they were watching the kings in 94 when they missed the playoffs.

I'm actually quite sure several people on our board started following after the deadmarsh/Allison/palffy era.

Regardless, everyone can(should) appreciate was transpired tonight.

I'm sure I speak for most "long-time" kings fans when I say it feels surreal.

Old
05-23-2012, 03:14 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:

Well it's only been since ~2000 for me...but that was when I started to follow hockey (I was only 11 years old in 2000)
I was 3 1/2 years old the last time the Kings were in the Finals. I am super pumped.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:18 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
I'm sure I speak for most "long-time" kings fans when I say it feels surreal.
Speaking as someone who goes back to watching the Triple Crown line 30 years ago at the Forum, and also remembers the Miracle on Manchester, I can tell you I am in a daze right now. A very, very, very happy daze. Hockey in June for the Kings!

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:26 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

We're going to be watching the Kings play in the Stanley Cup Finals. Also, we'll be one of the two teams you can play as in the NHL 13 Demo. Holy Pancakes!

DocWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:35 AM
21Dog

Been a fan since the beginning, so I guess "long-suffering" definitely applies.

We came down from the Central Valley for Game 4 (Vancouver) and Game 4 (St. Louis).

Got our tix for Game 3 of the finals about 30 minutes after the game ended.

Can't wait.

21Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:42 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Dog View Post
Been a fan since the beginning, so I guess "long-suffering" definitely applies.

We came down from the Central Valley for Game 4 (Vancouver) and Game 4 (St. Louis).

Got our tix for Game 3 of the finals about 30 minutes after the game ended.

Can't wait.
Well done sir. I will be looking for game 3,4, and 6 tix. I'm actually trying to work a angle at the Hyde lounge. Crossing my fingers for free tix.

Old
05-23-2012, 04:00 AM
Inner Turbulence

Send a message via MSN to Inner Turbulence
Quote:
Well. Me :-)
NHL fan for 18+ years out of Denmark, was a big Deadmarsh-fan, so I started following the Kings seriously about a decade ago and I turned fulltime Kings fan roughly 6 years ago when I first saw Kopitar skate around Chris Pronger and JS Giguere and put the puck in the back of the net for his first career goal. Been watching just about every possible game online via Gamecenter for the past 4-5-6 years, usually getting up in the middle of the night.

Not sure that makes me "long-suffering" but I am enjoying the hell out of this.

Now I am plotting to jet in and visit friends in New York, in time for the series start in New York/New Jersey. If I can get tickets.

Inner Turbulence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:04 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Fan since Gretzky came over, when hockey fever took over LA. Been a long road since.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:18 AM
Frolov99

I've been lurking for a couple years now...I'm shocked enough to throw a post together.

Amazing playoff run, everyone is doing their part. Now let's bring Lord Stanley home!

Frolov99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:44 AM
theMajor

but....i thought it was all over? whats happening guys?!

theMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:49 AM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

I don't know what's happening, but it's good to be back...only this time I'm older and can afford tickets to the finals. It's like my birthday and christmas combined.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:58 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
I don't know what's happening, but it's good to be back...only this time I'm older and can afford tickets to the finals. It's like my birthday and christmas combined.
My b-day and XMas don't add up to this...I'm not sure whether I should be sad about that or happy about this!

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:43 AM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

The Kings' last run to the SCF is what made me into a hockey fan (specifically Gretzky's OT game-winner in Game 6 against Toronto)... so it's been a long lean period between then and now. I'm still pinching myself every few minutes to confirm that this is actually happening.

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:21 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Well done sir. I will be looking for game 3,4, and 6 tix. I'm actually trying to work a angle at the Hyde lounge. Crossing my fingers for free tix.
These series go six games?! Since when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post
but....i thought it was all over? whats happening guys?!
As mad as that post made me at the time, I do have to thank Axl Rhoadz for giving us a running joke which will likely live on for several years on these boards. That will go down as a classic.

As a Kings fan since 1988, I am with you jonrazor. It was great being a Kings fan from 1988-1993, you were like royalty. A team that was a perrenial playoff contender, had the games greatest superstar and made the Stanley Cup finals.

Then the wheels feel off, rolled down the road, over a cliff, into the Pacific and were carried away tsunami style to the far reaches of Siberia where they remained frozen until an arctic expedition led by Lombardi and eventually Sutter found them and reattached them. These past 19 years were tough. Being in Canada, you can be really mocked if you like an American team, especially one with no success to speak of. I envied the bandwagon fans who felt no guilt hopping from team to team because I wanted to remember what it was like to cheer for a team that actually did something. The only rations we had the past 19 years was one single little series win over Detroit. As great as that felt and was, it's pretty sad to say you've only seen one series win by your team as an adult when you're in your mid-30's.

So I still am trying to grasp what has been accomplished here. It seems surreal is right. It seems unreal. When I seen Penner with the Western Conference Champions hat on last night, I had to really look and double look. It still hsn't sunk in. It seems almost like our lot in life, our destiny, to not win anything. So I almost have a sense of being in a dream, like this can not be real, and that I will snap back to reality eventually. I feel kind of bad, because I feel like I can't enjoy this as much as I want. It's like getting a rare hockey card from the 50's or something. You want to take it out and look at it, but you think if you do it will crumble in front of you, so you sit back and admire it without truly being able to appreciate it.

I hope this really is our year and that we are going to take the cup. I don't want to go through another 19 year stretch, and if for some unforeseen reason we do, I hope at the very least we get to cherish a memory of a Stanley Cup win this time.

Btw, for those recalling 1993, I hope it works out in a similar fashion for the two respective teams. Obviously I hope we win, but if you look at it, the Rangers, if they get to the finals, will have played at least 20 games, maybe 21, while the Devils will have played at least 18. We on the other hand have played just 14. In 1993, the Canadiens played just 15 games through the first three rounds, LA played 19 games. We seen how much those extra games affected LA as the series went on.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote