HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Suter

View Poll Results: Prediction: Where will Suter sign?
Nashville 16 35.56%
Detroit 14 31.11%
Minnesota 9 20.00%
Philly 0 0%
Pittsburgh 3 6.67%
Other 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I really think the idea that Weber needs leverage is unlikely... i suspect Weber could call poile and dictate his terms, within reason(something under 9x10) and poile would jump put that deal in front of him... its pretty much just up to weber to decide if he wants to stay
Yeah I mean, he doesn't need leverage. But all good agents must do their due diligence. Wasn't really the point of my post anyway. Just making predictions for final outcomes.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

15 hours until $uter and his agent start touring bank vaults to see which one can watch over his loved ones!!!!!

Old
06-30-2012, 08:30 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I don't think fans of any team should get their hopes up that Suter signs anywhere tomorrow. Or for a week or two.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:41 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I don't think fans of any team should get their hopes up that Suter signs anywhere tomorrow. Or for a week or two.
I don't think he can wait two weeks and still have his pick of teams... teams won't be able to risk getting nothing

Old
06-30-2012, 08:47 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
He doesn't have to sign one before he can use it as leverage.
It's no different than him saying team X made him an offer if he doesn't sign one .. verbal he said, she said.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:57 PM
rrekaj13

Devils fan here wishing your fanbase good luck tomorrow! We'll all be going through some of the same emotions you're undoubtedly going to go through. Hope it all works out for both teams!

Old
06-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
It's no different than him saying team X made him an offer if he doesn't sign one .. verbal he said, she said.
Hopefully his agent will get caught pulling a "Scott Boras" (lying about offers)

Old
06-30-2012, 09:17 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Hopefully his agent will get caught pulling a "Scott Boras" (lying about offers)
I'm still thinking that he planned on searching for offer sheets last summer and that was a factor in his failure to sign a deal prior to the arbitration hearing.

Two of the three NHL players we brought in at the deadline are signed. The other turned into a problem child we're letting go to market. If the moves were in fact to show Suter and Weber that the front office is serious about making a run, well, we're continuing down that path.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
And it's one of the only negotiating tactics RFAs have

Old
06-30-2012, 10:22 PM
PredsFanFromla

Quote:

you might wanna tell that to red wings fans,they think he gonna sign with them tomorrow

Old
07-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
I'm still thinking that he planned on searching for offer sheets last summer and that was a factor in his failure to sign a deal prior to the arbitration hearing.

Two of the three NHL players we brought in at the deadline are signed. The other turned into a problem child we're letting go to market. If the moves were in fact to show Suter and Weber that the front office is serious about making a run, well, we're continuing down that path.
I don't see Weber getting an offersheet we can't match. Teams aren't going to sign him and give up 4 1st round picks on a one year offersheet. Five year minimum on an offer. The only divide is length not money.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:15 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
I don't see Weber getting an offersheet we can't match. Teams aren't going to sign him and give up 4 1st round picks on a one year offersheet. Five year minimum on an offer. The only divide is length not money.
I can. You can load up an offer sheet with a 15 million dollar signing bonus and I think we would take the picks. Esp if we get Suter back.

The cba i throwing a wrench into everything. Owners want 6 year max contracts. But have this offseason to get anything done. Look for many pending ufas for next season to get massive extensions and overpayments. I would also look for the owners to put in sme amnesty clause for 1 contract per team.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I can. You can load up an offer sheet with a 15 million dollar signing bonus and I think we would take the picks. Esp if we get Suter back.

The cba i throwing a wrench into everything. Owners want 6 year max contracts. But have this offseason to get anything done. Look for many pending ufas for next season to get massive extensions and overpayments. I would also look for the owners to put in sme amnesty clause for 1 contract per team.
From what I understand, we wouldn't have to pay the 15 mil signing bonus. You only have to match term and cap hit. So we could simply pay the cap hit each year and ignore the structure if we wanted to, at least that's what I think.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:35 AM
NoNecksCurse

detroit brass are flying out to suter's farm in wisconsin to make an offer.. sounds like they will go HARD after suter

Old
07-01-2012, 09:37 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Who won't go hard after him? Well, out of all of the teams who think they have a realistic shot, anyway.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:38 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Who won't go hard after him? Well, out of all of the teams who think they have a realistic shot, anyway.
true.. but first day flying out to his farm? geez, it will be just be... bad if he signs with detroit

Old
07-01-2012, 09:54 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
detroit brass are flying out to suter's farm in wisconsin to make an offer.. sounds like they will go HARD after suter
fro their board.....and couldn't find a link

Owner Mike Ilitch and team advisor Chris Chelios were scheduled to fly to Madison, Wis., to meet with Suter at his farm, and Holland is expected to be in Toronto to meet with Parise and his agents, according to a source.

Chelios is a close friend of Suter's uncle, Gary, his teammate with the Chicago Blackhawks.

However, Suter's agent, Neil Sheehy, said Saturday that neither he or Suter will meet face-to-face with teams. All business will be conducted over the phone.

“We (he and NHL general managers) all know each other, so there's nothing meeting face-to-face is going to accomplish, at least initially,'' Sheehy said. "If Ryan is uncertain, that (meetings) could come into play.''

Old
07-01-2012, 09:55 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Any signing bonus is part of the cap hit.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Any signing bonus is part of the cap hit.
I know, I'm saying we can pay Weber his cap-hit each year instead of following the structure of the deal. For instance, offer sheet is:

15 mil (10 being signing bonus)
15 (10 being signing bonus)
2 = 8 million cap hit.

I'm pretty sure we can ignore the structure and just pay him 8 million each year. Which is another reason he probably wont sign an offer sheet.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:09 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
I know, I'm saying we can pay Weber his cap-hit each year instead of following the structure of the deal. For instance, offer sheet is:

15 mil (10 being signing bonus)
15 (10 being signing bonus)
2 = 8 million cap hit.

I'm pretty sure we can ignore the structure and just pay him 8 million each year. Which is another reason he probably wont sign an offer sheet.
that would be awesome if he wanted 8 million every year. but the lure of 30 million ucks in the next two years is awfully enticing

Old
07-01-2012, 10:09 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Oh, so Chelios is friends with Gary Suter? OK cool. I guess since Gary Suter is playing such a huge role in Ryan's decision, #20 will be on the Sharks in a couple of days

I just love how every stupid little angle is played on by the media. Every angle except the meaningful ones, anyway.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:21 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
fro their board.....and couldn't find a link

Owner Mike Ilitch and team advisor Chris Chelios were scheduled to fly to Madison, Wis., to meet with Suter at his farm, and Holland is expected to be in Toronto to meet with Parise and his agents, according to a source.

Chelios is a close friend of Suter's uncle, Gary, his teammate with the Chicago Blackhawks.

However, Suter's agent, Neil Sheehy, said Saturday that neither he or Suter will meet face-to-face with teams. All business will be conducted over the phone.

“We (he and NHL general managers) all know each other, so there's nothing meeting face-to-face is going to accomplish, at least initially,'' Sheehy said. "If Ryan is uncertain, that (meetings) could come into play.''
hmm.. just assumed it was confirmed. didn't think that information would be posted without link/source. looks like suter isn't doing face to face initially.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:27 AM
INDhockeyfan

Looks like the preds are giving their best offer yet to Suter in the final hours before the deadline according to some tweets. I doubt he signs without getting other offers but at least the preds are upping their offer even more before the others try.

Old
07-01-2012, 10:51 AM
ChesterCopperpot1

12 minutes til the start of FA.

I just saw a tweet where Jordan Staal got paid, 10 yrs 60 mil.

Also saw where te Press could allocate near 27 million to Weber, Suter, and Parise and still not be at the cap. If that were to happen I might jiz in my pants but I give that about a 1% chance

Old
07-01-2012, 10:53 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
true.. but first day flying out to his farm? geez, it will be just be... bad if he signs with detroit
Poile flew to his farm several weeks ago... Its not like we haven't gone the extra mile too

Closed Thread