HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Capitals

Old
05-10-2012, 06:36 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilllempire View Post
yea.....i don't remember the last time we got a deflection goal (because we don't go to the net) nor the last time we actually got a dirty, ha working, rebound goal either (other than Richards MIRACLE the other night that took an act from God).

I'm sick and tired of seeing all this Holtby cr*p too. Easy Saves that NBC is Gloryfying like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Puleeeze
My grandma can make some of the "saves" Holtby is making. Instead of making him work for his saves, the Rangers are letting him have a picnic in net.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:38 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Things happen for a reason. The hockey gods want a game 7. The Garden will make another couple of million. The NHLPA is happy. More revenue generated. The Rangers are 4-0 in game 7s at home. 1992 against Jersey,1994 against Jersey and VAN and 2012 against Ottawa. The Rangers are playing on Saturday. Whether or not they won last night,they were playing on Saturday. If they win on Saturday,they play game 1 on Monday. Chances are they would have played game 2 on Monday if they had won last night. The Rangers are off today. Practice tomorrow at 11.

Too much whining and complaining. They won on Monday. What heart. What character. They lose on Wednesday. What bums. What losers.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Things happen for a reason. The hockey gods want a game 7. The Garden will make another couple of million. The NHLPA is happy. More revenue generated. The Rangers are 4-0 in game 7s at home. 1992 against Jersey,1994 against Jersey and VAN and 2012 against Ottawa. The Rangers are playing on Saturday. Whether or not they won last night,they were playing on Saturday. If they win on Saturday,they play game 1 on Monday. Chances are they would have played game 2 on Monday if they had won last night. The Rangers are off today. Practice tomorrow at 11.

Too much whining and complaining. They won on Monday. What heart. What character. They lose on Wednesday. What bums. What losers.
Why can't the hockey gods spare us the heart attacks Every once in a while?

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:42 AM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Things happen for a reason. The hockey gods want a game 7. The Garden will make another couple of million. The NHLPA is happy. More revenue generated. The Rangers are 4-0 in game 7s at home. 1992 against Jersey,1994 against Jersey and VAN and 2012 against Ottawa. The Rangers are playing on Saturday.
so how come Kings nor Coyotes series went the distance out there? Oh wait....neither of those teams draw on a National TV level, i get it.

Ranger record on Saturdays is not very good iirc. I could be mistaken but they pretty much lose all Sat games

evilllempire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:45 AM
skymachine

0-5 when they have a lead in the series. 0-5. Says it all about this team. Zero killer instinct. Very frustrating. Good thing that doesn't stop them with Game 7's.

skymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:50 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Forgot to mention it: There is one thing that is constantly pissing me off and is allowing Washington to get away with murder almost every game in this series: Them covering the puck with their hands.
When that happens, I never understood why they don't just wind up and take a slapshot at the puck/hands. It's totally within the rules. You want to cover it, here's a broken finger for your troubles.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:16 AM
folding
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
The original 7?
LOL. Wonder who the 7th is. That mystery team...

folding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:17 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
When that happens, I never understood why they don't just wind up and take a slapshot at the puck/hands. It's totally within the rules. You want to cover it, here's a broken finger for your troubles.
I've wondered that too. Surely a swift stick to the face would make them think twice about covering it. Accidents happen.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:19 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
If you asked me, I'd say the Rangers have played this series the way they've played all season minus one exception:

The penalty killing has let them down.

People talk about offense issues but the Caps have scored a PPG in 3 straight games and all from shots from the slot or higher.

That tells me the Rangers aren't dedicated to blocking shots or plays in the corner like they used to.

The bottom-6 needs to be strengthened next year. Period.
I have noticed they stopped blocking shots like they used to. Hardly anyone slides in front of them anymore. Don't know if it's injuries accumulating or they've given up. It's hard to tell.

Old
05-10-2012, 07:20 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
This team is 6-1 when the series is tied.

4-0 on home ice in game 7s.

They better win lol.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:20 AM
JanErixon20

They've bounced back all year long, I expect them to do the same. I thought before the series that they would either lose in 6 or win in 7.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:21 AM
GloveSave35

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastly115 View Post
I've wondered that too. Surely a swift stick to the face would make them think twice about covering it. Accidents happen.
Pretty sure that Kreider gave a stick to the face to a Cap player (can't remember who) who was laying on the ice. He also then shoved him down once he came up to his knees. Pretty epic sequence. Crying out for a gif.

GloveSave35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:22 AM
JanErixon20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
For a team that's prided itself on great defensive play, you have to wonder why Ovechkin was left wide open in the slot on the PK. Guess the Rangers thought that the Caps, like themselves, would just aimlessly cycle it around the boards, and never get it to the middle. Oops.
I was listening on the radio, Maloney said Callahan fell down, which gave him a lot of open ice.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:23 AM
beastly115

Oh, and I know it's been said 100x in this thread already, but Torts is a clown with his line combos. What an imbecile.

Old
05-10-2012, 07:25 AM
MAYO

I can't believe the lack of "urgency" in which we played!!! We are letting Holtby see every shot, wether there was goalie interference or not on our loan goal, we had traffic in front of the net, this guy gives up rebounds galore!! Not to mention that their best players are clearly out playing our best, we need Gabby and Richards to come out and play and where is Cally?!?!? I will be devastated if we don't move on to the next round!

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:28 AM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
He lets juicy rebounds come right into the slot, but no ones there because all the forwards are behind the ****ing net all of the time.
Thank you!!!!!!!! I've been saying that since game 1. Not only that, I noticed there were no screens in front of Holtby, he could see everything coming his way. Watching that Ovi goal was disgusting, how can you leave him open in the slot like that??

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:31 AM
bumrusherer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeHat View Post
0-5 when they have a lead in the series. 0-5. Says it all about this team. Zero killer instinct. Very frustrating. Good thing that doesn't stop them with Game 7's.
Its tough to have killer instinct when you cant score. Most of those games we have played hard and aggressively but our margin for error is so slim than it really doesnt allow for us to string wins together against desperate ( lost the previous game ) clubs in the postseason.

But, we all knew these things before the playoffs started so none of us should act surprised by it.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:32 AM
MAYO

Screen in front of the net....... How many times is Del Z going to wrist a weak shot fro the blue line into the skates of the high winger on the PP, last two games I've been wanting to throw my beer bottle at the t.v.

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:43 AM
OverTheCap

Very frustrating how the Rangers didn't show much urgency or cause havoc in front of Holtby until the final minute of the game. It's like they knew what needed to be done but decided not to do it until it was too late.

Did they not want to get their hands dirty? Were they relying too much on the fact that they had another game to win the series and mentally checked out? They always go back to those offensive plays that never seem to work for them... blind backhand passes into the slot, shooting unscreened shots into Holtby, and driving wide of the net to cycle instead of going hard to the net. Why keep forcing these plays over and over when they don't result in goals?

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:51 AM

LMAO Torts is f*!@#$% hilarious. "Stop coaching Pat"

442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:53 AM
bigbluebird

Glad someone mentioned the f*n penalty kill. About the only thing that made our horrible PP even somewhat bearable was the fact that at least we were killing it on the PK. That's gone completely to hell in the post season. Inexcusable effort and mental lapses.

If you're going to be a defensive team only/primarily, than at least do that well...

I love this team and I have hope for Sat, but lack in defensive effort really grates my nerves because I know they are not going to bring it offensively.

bigbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:55 AM
bigbluebird

Also I hate Holtby. We are making him look like the freakin' second coming between the pipes. And all this fan****ing from the media? WTH? I understand maybe a Caps homer and/or casual sports fan thinking Holtby's great, but anyone who really follows the game can see how weak the shots he's getting are.

I hope we really crash the net/embarrass him Sat. His rebounds are the juiciest things I've ever seen.

bigbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:56 AM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave35 View Post
Pretty sure that Kreider gave a stick to the face to a Cap player (can't remember who) who was laying on the ice. He also then shoved him down once he came up to his knees. Pretty epic sequence. Crying out for a gif.
that was barely a love tap to the kisser of Green. Nothing exciting. Kreider should of whacked him hard. Would make each of those Caps think twice on going down to cover the puck with their hands

Old
05-10-2012, 07:59 AM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastly115 View Post
I have noticed they stopped blocking shots like they used to. Hardly anyone slides in front of them anymore. Don't know if it's injuries accumulating or they've given up. It's hard to tell.
Plain and Simple. It is be because we have not had the lead the last 3 games. If we have a lead and are protecting it, ala vs Ottawa......you would see Threefold the times of Blocked shots. When you are playing from behind.....you're not going to block too many shots since you are trying to push the pace (not like they got anything done). But most of the play was in the Neutral Zone or mindless Cycling in the Caps zone that led to nothing but a turnover to a red Jersey

You need a Lead (which means you actually need to SCORE) before you will see the Blocked shots come back.....

Last edited by evilllempire*: 05-10-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old
05-10-2012, 08:04 AM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluebird View Post
Also I hate Holtby. We are making him look like the freakin' second coming between the pipes. And all this fan****ing from the media? WTH? I understand maybe a Caps homer and/or casual sports fan thinking Holtby's great, but anyone who really follows the game can see how weak the shots he's getting are.

I hope we really crash the net/embarrass him Sat. His rebounds are the juiciest things I've ever seen.
that is what I'm worried about. I don't have the confidence in our guys to Crash the net for those rebounds. You have to have Will, Heart, Courage, and sheer Determination to go into those areas in the Playoffs. This team is a bunch of perimeter skating Panzies (other than Callahan). Pouncing on a Rebound? That'll be the day we see that from someone on this team........