HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Biggest Game Since 1994?

Old
05-09-2012, 09:21 PM
rangers5000

vCash: 500
Biggest Game Since 1994?

imo this game 7 is the most important to this franchise since 94, and its not even close

losing to this team 3 times in a row, on home ice, game 7, as 1 seed would be even more depressing than the infamous drury goal

there hasn't been a ranger game this big since game 7 finals 94
agree or disagree

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:38 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

didn't we go through this saying game 7 of the last series was the biggest gm in 18 years. They will win.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:39 PM
SnowblindNYR

Even if this team somehow wins game 7 they're not sniffing the cup. They're not very good. You don't look like that in a playoff game if you're a good team. So no this is just another elimination playoff game.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
didn't we go through this saying game 7 of the last series was the biggest gm in 18 years. They will win.
I like your confidence. I hope its backed up by the players on Saturday. Another one of these games to end out the season and I'll hermit myself in some room and won't come out for days.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:43 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Even if this team somehow wins game 7 they're not sniffing the cup. They're not very good. You don't look like that in a playoff game if you're a good team. So no this is just another elimination playoff game.
exact OPPOSITE, if they win Game 7 here the Cup is almost theirs for sure. Toughest road by far of any team and if the Rangers survive this the Devils and Yotes/Kings will be a cakewalk in comparison

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:43 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I like your confidence. I hope its backed up by the players on Saturday. Another one of these games to end out the season and I'll hermit myself in some room and won't come out for days.
im with you. didn't we expect a 7 game series anyway?

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:45 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
exact OPPOSITE, if they win Game 7 here the Cup is almost theirs for sure. Toughest road by far of any team and if the Rangers survive this the Devils and Yotes/Kings will be a cakewalk in comparison
I was reading how the Sens will be our toughest test. Every team will be the toughest test because they have no offense. They are the most offensively challenged team of the playoffs.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:50 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
I was reading how the Sens will be our toughest test. Every team will be the toughest test because they have no offense. They are the most offensively challenged team of the playoffs.
Yes, the Rangers offense suck big donkey balls. Only with this team is a powerplay a disadvantage. What's your point? Rangers were the #1 seed in the east and 2 pts shy of the Presidents trophy for a reason

We got this.

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:52 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Yes, the Rangers offense suck big donkey balls. Only with this team is a powerplay a disadvantage. What's your point? Rangers were the #1 seed in the east and 2 pts shy of the Presidents trophy for a reason

We got this.
My point is with an offense like this every game is a coin flip at best. It'll catch up to them. If not Saturday then against the Devils.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:53 PM
corduroyg

Quote:

bingo. every game will be a struggle cuz we cant score more than 2 goals, at least in regulation.

but i honestly think the devils shot their load in the flyers series, just like the flyers shot their load in the penguins series. when you dominate a team and a series, sometimes you think its always gonna be that easy and you get overconfident. devils are probably thinking "we just destroyed a team that destroyed the stanley cup favorites, and the rangers are struggling to beat an 8 and 7 seed, we got this"

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:56 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Ironically, of the remaining playoff teams, we are ranked the highest in terms of goals for during the regular season, at #11 (2.71 GF/G). Washington is at #14 (2.66), New Jersey is at #15 (2.63), Phoenix #18 (2.52), and Kings #29 (2.29).

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:24 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Ironically, of the remaining playoff teams, we are ranked the highest in terms of goals for during the regular season, at #11 (2.71 GF/G). Washington is at #14 (2.66), New Jersey is at #15 (2.63), Phoenix #18 (2.52), and Kings #29 (2.29).
I know that, I even posted that stat on the main board. However in the playoffs we've had the most pathetic offense out of all the teams.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:31 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
I know that, I even posted that stat on the main board. However in the playoffs we've had the most pathetic offense out of all the teams.
The lack of offense has been extremely frustrating.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:51 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
The lack of offense has been extremely frustrating.
What's more frustrating is that it seems that our coach is trying to sabotage it by playing a useless grinder on every line.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:01 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

The biggest game since 94 would be a stanley cup game 7 IMO if we get there, but this game 7 is pretty important also.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:07 PM
nyrfan519

Quote:
If the Rangers win this Game 7 then they are in the Conference Finals. "Not sniffing the Cup"? Once you're in the league semifinals -- especially given this year's remaining teams -- you have as good a shot as anyone.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:09 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
If the Rangers win this Game 7 then they are in the Conference Finals. "Not sniffing the Cup"? Once you're in the league semifinals -- especially given this year's remaining teams -- you have as good a shot as anyone.
Conference finals is still only halfway there.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:20 PM
nyrfan519

Quote:
Conference finals is still only halfway there.
They'd be one of four teams left. That's pretty good. I agree they have to play better but they can beat anyone in this league, especially the remaining teams.

I'm sure you'll have an incredibly profound, negative response to this, but I've made my point.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:24 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
They'd be one of four teams left. That's pretty good. I agree they have to play better but they can beat anyone in this league, especially the remaining teams.

I'm sure you'll have an incredibly profound, negative response to this, but I've made my point.
No team has ever won the cup after going 7 games in the first two rounds. Not incredibly profound, but that can't be a coincidence.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:25 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

What kind of Ranger fan thinks the team can't win the cup? If you think we can't win the cup then why even watch the playoffs? To say i told ya so? This board is funny sometimes, whoa.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:32 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

I'm already so done with game 7's. I hate them with a burning passion.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:34 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
What kind of Ranger fan thinks the team can't win the cup? If you think we can't win the cup then why even watch the playoffs? To say i told ya so? This board is funny sometimes, whoa.
Because if you don't watch then you're a fair weather fan. So Columbus fans should have stopped watching when they realized their team sucked?

Old
05-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Blue Seat Spartan

Tortorella said that the Sens were the toughest opponent in this year's playoffs?!? Does he not realize that he has lost two prior series against the Caps, one after being up 3-1 in the series? The Rangers have the personnel to contend for the Stanley Cup (Lundqvist in goal, Big Four of Staal, Girardi, McD, and MDZ on defense, and a fleet of hard-working forwards with Richards as the elite playmaker of the group) EXCEPT for one thing: a killer instinct to finish off opponents when they are down. It's highly improbable that even a #1 seed has won a Stanley Cup after going through 4 consecutive 7-game series!!! Somewhere along the line, Cup contenders should have had a series where they could easily dispatch opponents in 4-5 games. Not only does it allow for more rest and recovery, but it provides less time for future opponents to scout our tendencies and weaknesses. And most importantly, it sends a message that the Cup favorite is no pushover...

Somewhere in Newark, Pete DeBoer is salivating at the thought of bombarding the Rangers defensive zone coverage with quick bombs from the point (Kovalchuk, Zidlicky, Elias) and apply pressure in all three zones to prevent us from setting up our offense; all by watching our struggles tonight and through Game 7.

Blue Seat Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:39 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Because if you don't watch then you're a fair weather fan. So Columbus fans should have stopped watching when they realized their team sucked?

Who said anything about Colombus? I'm talking about the Rangers and you saying they won't "sniff the cup". Give me three reasons why we won't sniff the cup, three reasons i don't know and don't mention the powerplay and offense because those are obvious. Three things only you see and nobody else.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:43 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

games 3 and 4 in 97 were pretty big. and disappointing.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote