HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYI/Wings

Old
05-10-2012, 10:09 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
NYI/Wings

A Wings fan posted that the Wings were trying to get bigger and more physical,that Quincey might one of the players moved.
I know the Wings gave up a late 1st for Quincey,but that was at the trade deadline.Teams overpay for players at the trade deadline.

To Detroit-Anders Lee +2nd(33rd or 34th overall)
To the NYI-Quincey.He made $3.1m this season and is a rfa.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/anders_lee
Talent Analysis
At 6’3 and 213 lbs, Lee has good size. He is exceedingly strong on his skates and quite mobile, with great balance and agility. He also has some speed to go with it.
Lee utilizes his large frame, strength and long reach. He is not only a difficult player to move off of the puck, but he can also power his way through the opposition’s
checks too. He is very strong along the boards and in the corners. Drives to the net and protects the puck. He can also deliver some bone-jarring hits.

Future
He has the potential to be a second or third line center in a few years.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:30 AM
DarkReign

vCash: 500
Anders Lee is not NHL ready right now?

Tough call.

Q gives the Wings (expensive) depth at D. Not knowing what Lidstrom is going to do this offseason makes trading away known quantities on D this early a bit sketchy.

Personally, I'd help the guy pack, especially if the 2nd is included. But I could understand the Wings front office being hesitant to shed dmen this offseason.

DarkReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:36 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign View Post
Anders Lee is not NHL ready right now?

Tough call.

Q gives the Wings (expensive) depth at D. Not knowing what Lidstrom is going to do this offseason makes trading away known quantities on D this early a bit sketchy.

Personally, I'd help the guy pack, especially if the 2nd is included. But I could understand the Wings front office being hesitant to shed dmen this offseason.
If Lids indicates he's returning by the draft, and this is the 2012 2nd, I take this. Otherwise, I think we keep Quincey for now.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Even if Lids is coming back, I don't think we should deal a D until we know we can get another quality guy signed over the summer. I'd, also, rather deal White than Quincey.

05-10-2012, 08:14 PM
sarcastro

Depends on who they bring in this summer. If they land Suter and Jackman, for example, and Nick comes back, it would probably be a good idea. If they strike out or can only sign Lilja or something, they'll need Quincey and they'll just have to get him coached up.

Then again, they'd be getting off the hook for an iffy trade and end up having rented Q for about 10 spots in the draft (assuming Anders Lee plays in GR until he's 25 and then gets waived).

sarcastro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:09 PM
ZetterBurger

Only if Lids returns and someone else is signed, that is equal to Quincey. He still has the potential to be real good and we will need to go with 6 good defenseman in the future with Lids retiring. I lik ethis prospect after reading a bit (a very small amount) about him, but I just don't know. 2012 2nd would be very inticing, and would rather work out a good prospect for the 2013 1st.

Lee + 2013 1st
for
Quincey + Pulkkinen + Mursak +2013 late pick?

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:15 PM
sparr0w

If Lids does in fact leave I want no part of Q getting a ton of minutes on our blueline. Nick stays or goes Q can gtfo.

sparr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:18 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
If Lids does in fact leave I want no part of Q getting a ton of minutes on our blueline. Nick stays or goes Q can gtfo.
Quincey played a lot better when he got more minutes.

Old
05-10-2012, 10:04 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
Soooo....if they get shut out on good UFAs you'd like Kindl, Smith, and White to play 20+ minutes a night each, against the opposition's top line? That may not turn out so well. I know everyone loves Smith, but his defensive game has a long way to go. They're much better off shielding him on the 3rd pair at even strength until he gets a better feel for defending - assuming he ever does.

Kindl and White aren't good enough to defend top players without Lidstrom or another really, really good defender on the ice to cover for them.

sarcastro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:29 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
Only if Lids returns and someone else is signed, that is equal to Quincey. He still has the potential to be real good and we will need to go with 6 good defenseman in the future with Lids retiring. I lik ethis prospect after reading a bit (a very small amount) about him, but I just don't know. 2012 2nd would be very inticing, and would rather work out a good prospect for the 2013 1st.

Lee + 2013 1st
for
Quincey + Pulkkinen + Mursak +2013 late pick?

Teams that draft high in the lottery one yr,don't trade their up coming 1st rounders.At least Snow's teams don't.No interest in Pulkkinen, Mursak or a 2013 late pick

Old
05-10-2012, 11:07 PM
FlashyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Teams that draft high in the lottery one yr,don't trade their up coming 1st rounders.At least Snow's teams don't.No interest in Pulkkinen, Mursak or a 2013 late pick
What is the Islanders view on PA Parenteau.

Is he likely to leave via free agency or do you expect him to re-sign. If you expect to lose him what would it cost to get his rights.

The Wings would likely prefer someone like him than a prospect and they are in need of right handed shooters.

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 11:35 PM
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser

What is with the Q bashing? The guy wasn't that bad. Poor ******* got here and the whole team got lazy and he became the scape goat. 1+1=3 when we want it to, and we wanna hate us some Quincey. I liked how he played. Some people seem like they're ignoring all the good and just waiting for the bad and pouncing on it. I liked how aggressive he was, it was different from our current sit back and let them come to us style. And he takes good shots on the PP, can play the PK too and isn't bad positionally. He's physical on puck carriers and we all want that all the time out of other players. Like most defenders it'll depend on who his partner is and I guess we're yet to see for next season.

It just seems like we don't need logic or rational reasons to label a guy, just emotion, and once we label him, he's going to have to perform like Nick or be good for like 6 straight years to shake the reputation. Ericsson had an awesome season, the guy was fantastic. He did everything we wanted him to do, other than be physical.....so screw you E we hate you! Physicality was the last thing on our minds when he was coughing up pucks, getting lost in his own zone and not being very good. Now he's improved in every regard and you could make a case for him being our second or third best defender this season just based on the way he didn't make many bad mistakes, especially considering he didn't have Stu or Nick beside him to act as a safety net. Q has that label now and no matter what he does, he'll have that label until he jumps through a million flaming hoops to lose it, or we pin it to someone else.

Part of me thinks we feel like we have to have at least one guy we hate so we don't appear homerish. Public perception is more important to most than they'll let on.

Last edited by GentlemanMasher*: 05-10-2012 at 11:40 PM.
GentlemanMasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 11:36 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
What is the Islanders view on PA Parenteau.

Is he likely to leave via free agency or do you expect him to re-sign. If you expect to lose him what would it cost to get his rights.

The Wings would likely prefer someone like him than a prospect and they are in need of right handed shooters.
A Sens poster says Snow offered him to Ottawa at the trade deadline,asking for Stone + 1st rounder.

His agent tweeted that Parenteau wants to stay and both sides will be going back to the bargaining table,trying to get an extension done.

Snow flipped Erhoff for a 4th rounder when he couldn't sign him.I'm guessing if he can't sign Parenteau,he'd be moved for a similar return.

Old
05-11-2012, 07:01 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Brian Burke says hi.

Old
05-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Chris 84

i'd do it. personally i'd trade quincey for just the 2nd. even with the cap going up, i don't like to see the wings spending so much money on ericsso AND quincey.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Frk It
Thanks for Green!

Just the 2nd rounder is fine for me. Lose a later 1st rounder and get an early 2nd rounder and cut your losses.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 10:45 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowings4013 View Post
Just the 2nd rounder is fine for me. Lose a later 1st rounder and get an early 2nd rounder and cut your losses.
Would be awesome if wings could get a 2nd rounder in the 30-35th range, that's the same as having a late first, trade it down and get a 2nd at ~35 and the one you already had at ~50. (Much like last year's draft)

mindfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 01:01 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
Even if Lids is coming back, I don't think we should deal a D until we know we can get another quality guy signed over the summer. I'd, also, rather deal White than Quincey.
I agree with you that I would rather see White go. But my guess is Quincey brings more value and Babcock is already complaining and I agree that we are to left handed as it is. So they need somebody right handed then coming in.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:20 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
WHy are you laughing at me? I don't think it's worth it from Detroit's POV since Lidstrom will be gone and defensive depth will be more important then ever. If you want Quincey, the pot will have to be sweetened significantly. Probably not a perfect proposal, but how about some actual feedback on a prospect you would want, or something else you would like to offer?

Old
05-11-2012, 06:21 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowings4013 View Post
Because an early second rounder is more valuable than Kyle Quincey? no.

Old
05-11-2012, 06:32 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
WHy are you laughing at me? I don't think it's worth it from Detroit's POV since Lidstrom will be gone and defensive depth will be more important then ever. If you want Quincey, the pot will have to be sweetened significantly. Probably not a perfect proposal, but how about some actual feedback on a prospect you would want, or something else you would like to offer?
I'm laughing because I've seen several posts,where opposing fans suggest the Isles trade away their 2013 first rounder.You don't think Snow and his scouts ,are aware of who MacKinnon and Jones are?

As for Quincey,a high 2nd + Lee is all I'd want Snow to give up for a solid,top 4 defenseman, looking at a $4m payday.Not enough? That's fine.Maybe Snow will have to take an older d-man like Murray or Leopold,while adding rookies De Haan and Donovan to his roster.

Old
05-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
I'm laughing because I've seen several posts,where opposing fans suggest the Isles trade away their 2013 first rounder.You don't think Snow and his scouts ,are aware of who MacKinnon and Jones are?

As for Quincey,a high 2nd + Lee is all I'd want Snow to give up for a solid,top 4 defenseman, looking at a $4m payday.Not enough? That's fine.Maybe Snow will have to take an older d-man like Murray or Leopold,while adding rookies De Haan and Donovan to his roster.
now I'm laughing... and still trying to figure out exactly how many Canadian D-men must have been injured or just didn't want to play in the World's for Q to get a spot.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:49 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:

It must be sad to not have the ability to say "there's always next year" but that seems to be exactly what you're doing.

That offer also undervalues many "solid, top 4 defenseman". When was the last time Snow fleeced anyone in a trade?

Old
05-11-2012, 08:07 PM
CREW99AW

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
It must be sad to not have the ability to say "there's always next year" but that seems to be exactly what you're doing.

I'm not giving up on next season,but I'm going to be realistic.

1.Isles have only 3 d-men signed for next season:Streit/Hamonic/MacDonald.I'm comfortable with all 3 in the top 4.They need a quality 4th,so they don't rush De Haan/Donovan into that role.

2.They have 4 pmd knocking on the door at Bridgeport.De Haan and Donovan have the highest upside.I expect 2 of those 4 to be on the Isles roster next season.

3.The market for ufa d-men is weak and the isles aren't an attractive landing spot for top ufas anyway.

4.Isles are counting heavily on 24 yr old Grabner and KO to show more consistency.Is Strome nhl ready yet?Does Brock Nelson go directly from college to LI or does he need time in the AHL?

Too many things have to break in the isles favor,for them to make major strides next season.Zero interest in moving that 2013 1st.

Quote:
That offer also undervalues many "solid, top 4 defenseman". When was the last time Snow fleeced anyone in a trade?
Wiz was added to the roster,to replace Streit for a 3rd.When the isles and he couldn't agree on an extension,I believe he was dealt for a 2nd+ 5th rounder.

Cryin Ryan Smyth was acquired for Robert Nilsson,Omarra and a pick that became Plante.Not one of those youngster,has established themselves as even a decent nhler.Snow should have gotten a window of opportunity to discuss an extension, before completing the trade.He was a new gm and thought so long as the Isles had the money Smyth wanted,they could get him to sign an extension.

When is the last time the conservative Snow was fleeced in a trade?Each summer he goes into the draft saying he may stand pat,may trade down,may trade the pick or trade up.Opposing fans get into mini frenzy,posting how their gms will fleece Snow.He ends up just keeping his pick and adding to his prospect pool.

Old
05-11-2012, 08:08 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
now I'm laughing... and still trying to figure out exactly how many Canadian D-men must have been injured or just didn't want to play in the World's for Q to get a spot.
Oh don't tell me I'm overvaluing Quincey?